Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? (1782 Views)

What Might Happen To Nigeria Currency After Subsidy Removal? / Naira Redesigning: 10 Changes Made To Nigeria’s Currency Since Independence / Katsina Abduction: Shekau May Ask For Prisoner Swap, Ransom – Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Karleb(m): 6:44pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:
If I may ask, is Nigeria currency Dollar?

When there is so much noise on someone else's currency? All of a sudden the whole of Nigeria need dollar.

https://twitter.com/MoraOgo/status/1752352188385337407

grin grin
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Couldntfigurean: 6:49pm On Jan 31
No doubt the Op supports and voted for tinubu

How anybody saw the microphone licking Zombie nd decided that he was the best for Nigeria is something I can never understand

1 Like

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Error401: 7:02pm On Jan 31
You are joelbooks, but I don't think you are educated. I had to insult you because rather than ask a question, you resulted into disgracing yourself and your people.

joelbooks:

When there is so much noise on someone else's currency? All of a sudden the whole of Nigeria need dollar.

3 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Will205: 8:01pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

3 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by flokii: 8:22pm On Jan 31
You know the problem with new governments is that they bring in so called Special Assistants and Special Advisers that are special at nothing, thereby neglecting the wealth of experience from the public and civil service..

There were some things they rushed to do in FX allocation list, throwing it open to every tom, dick and harry to access scarce FX for import, when our priority should be local capacity and local content development and getting the country industrialized to create more jobs and generate sustainable revenue for government.

One 'I too know' SA or TA somewhere will be there making policies originally meant for the civil service and you think things won't tumble?.
You want to compare one Harvard certificate holder claiming SA to a seasoned civil servant with over 20-25 years experience and has seen a lot?

4 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by PHIPEX(m): 8:28pm On Jan 31
joelbooks:

The gadget you used to make this.post, was it manufactured with naira or dollar?

2 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by adelabi143: 9:19pm On Jan 31
You and ur quote are comical characters. Noise about $ u say? Even the raw materials used by innoson,by Guinness and the few local manufacturers, are they not imported with Fx?You and ur quote are comical characters. Noise about $ u say? Even the raw materials used by innoson,by Guinness and the few local manufacturers, are they not imported with Fx?...
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Cassandraloius: 8:17am On Feb 01
Nigerian's don't always value what they produce because they're not proud of it.🤣😂
Are you proud of your naira?

1 Like

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by pongwa(m): 8:49am On Feb 01
Amotolongbo:
If I may ask, are your basic needs manufactured in Nigeria?
If they are, are the tools and equipments used in manufacturing the basic needs produced in Nigeria?
Are the fuel used for the manufacturing and transporting them refined in Nigeria?
idiotic comments. How is that related to what op is saying.
Is dollar Nigerian currency simple
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by pongwa(m): 8:51am On Feb 01
APCNig:

Nigeria's currency is not dollars. However Nigerians do not like goods produced in Nigeria, most of the things we use in Nigeria are imported up till pencils, matches, and even tooth picks. These items are bought abroad in dollars.
sensible comments, God bless your brain
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by pongwa(m): 8:52am On Feb 01
adelabi143:
You and ur quote are comical characters. Noise about $ u say? Even the raw materials used by innoson,by Guinness and the few local manufacturers, are they not imported with Fx?You and ur quote are comical characters. Noise about $ u say? Even the raw materials used by innoson,by Guinness and the few local manufacturers, are they not imported with Fx?...
gerrahia your talking offpoint
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by pongwa(m): 8:52am On Feb 01
flokii:
You know the problem with new governments is that they bring in so called Special Assistants and Special Advisers that are special at nothing, thereby neglecting the wealth of experience from the public and civil service..

There were some things they rushed to do in FX allocation list, throwing it open to every tom, dick and harry to access scarce FX for import, when our priority should be local capacity and local content development and getting the country industrialized to create more jobs and generate sustainable revenue for government.

One 'I too know' SA or TA somewhere will be there making policies originally meant for the civil service and you think things won't tumble?.
You want to compare one Harvard certificate holder claiming SA to a seasoned civil servant with over 20-25 years experience and has seen a lot?
a viable solution
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by ambale(m): 10:20am On Feb 01
Do you know that you can't get a mini laptop less than 40k as at this morning and na even used ones

Very soon, you will not be able to afford a phone to type this nonsense you put up there😃
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Iamanoited: 11:00am On Feb 01
APCNig:

Nigeria's currency is not dollars. However Nigerians do not like goods produced in Nigeria, most of the things we use in Nigeria are imported up till pencils, matches, and even tooth picks. These items are bought abroad in dollars.

I use broom stick for toothpick. BUHARI uses imported toothpick. The difference is clear, so I should watch my back for bokofulani terrorist presido by Christiana Amanpour CNN.
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Iamanoited: 11:06am On Feb 01
jmoore:

You dey buy made in Nigeria petrol?

DANGOTE IS COMING WITH IMPORTED PETROL.

1 Like

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Iamanoited: 11:11am On Feb 01
honestivo:
Our politicians has made dollars our currency against our Naira

A COUNTRY THAT ALLOWS 2 CURRENCIES TO CIRCULATE SIMULTANEOUSLY IS DOOMED.
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Ngozi123(f): 11:33am On Feb 01
SeeWahala:

And pray tell us what it is that your own tribe know how to do best?

Please don't say politics or skull mining because many of your fellow tribesmen will exit the group chat undecided

He's the type that would be happy to suffer as long as an Igbo man was suffering more than him.

Many of them are happy that Nigerians of all tribes are suffering with them.

2 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Ngozi123(f): 11:36am On Feb 01
flokii:

Deflecting already? It must truly be tiresome having to defend such a terrible president. I pity you people.
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by MercyAluka: 11:51am On Feb 01
We are hiring for the role of *Customer Service Representative* to manage customer queries and complaints. You will also be asked to process orders, modifications, and escalate complaints across a number of communication channels

*Role Title:* Customer Service Representative

*Renumeration:* N85,000

*Work mode:* Onsite (Monday - Friday)

*Requirements:*
- At least 1 year experience in Customer Service or Sales position
- Must be living around Lekki and environs
- Good communication Skills

If you are Interested, please apply using the link: https://forms.gle/pXWiGU4zgpSmpSZVA
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Amotolongbo(f): 1:56pm On Feb 01
pongwa:
I am allergic to stupidity, please stay far away

2 Likes

Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by pongwa(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01
Amotolongbo:
I am allergic to stupidity, please stay far away
you disgust me (spits)
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Amotolongbo(f): 4:53pm On Feb 01
pongwa:
you disgust me (spits)
I’m allergic to stupidity, back off
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Splashme: 6:20pm On Feb 01
pongwa:

Oga, sorry, but what's your highest level of education ... because you and the OP seem to display the same level of illiteracy?

A good Samaritan was even helping explain how Nigerias import dependency is the reason for a crashing Naira and hyper-inflation but you called it "idiotic"

Hia ... go back to school oo.
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by Splashme: 7:04pm On Feb 01
joelbooks:

Oga, go back to school and stop displaying your illiteracy in public.
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by pongwa(m): 10:08pm On Feb 01
Splashme:

Oga, sorry, but what's your highest level of education ... because you and the OP seem to display the same level of illiteracy?

A good Samaritan was even helping explain how Nigerias import dependency is the reason for a crashing Naira and hyper-inflation but you called it "idiotic"

Hia ... go back to school oo.

it appears you are not very intelligent too. I implore you to read through the thread and learn how to communicate effectively. Some good brains have already thrown light onto the discussions (you could benefit too).
About my level of education, its none of your business. This is not an educational contest
Re: If I May Ask, Is Nigeria Currency Dollar? by cjrane: 10:33pm On Feb 01
Well, no Nigerian politician touches naira anymore. They have brought out all their looted naira notes and converted it all into dollars.

That is precisely what is causing dollar scarcity now.

In reality, our defacto currency today is dollar!

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Disobedience of Court Orders Worrisome / $1 Million Budget: What Would You Use It For As Mayor Of Your City? / Another Commissioner Quits Ogun Cabinet - No, We Sacked Her - Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.