Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

“floating The Naira Without Adequate Supply Is Like Building A Non-gated House I - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “floating The Naira Without Adequate Supply Is Like Building A Non-gated House I (109 Views)

What exactly Is The Benefit Of Floating The Naira? / Floating Naira: Importers Abandon Tokunbo Cars At Seaport / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“floating The Naira Without Adequate Supply Is Like Building A Non-gated House I by Featuredgist: 11:21pm On Jan 31
“Floating the Naira without adequate supply is like building a non-gated house in a crime-infested community- Peter Obi
You can’t float your currency without a defense mechanism and adequate supply.
“We’d have revalued the currency to about N600 and managed the supply from there on. Not even in the developed world has anyone left their currency to pure market forces.

“We would also have dealt decisively with the criminality side of things. The round-tripping of dollars and the illegitimate use of the USD in domestic transactions. We have to make Naira the preferred currency for transactions. Of course, if you earn your USD legitimately, you can use it as you like, but it’s important that every decision is adequately thought through and crime is reduced.” — PETER OBI
Naira has to be the preferred currency for transactions… move the country from CONSUMPTION to PRODUCTION
Continue reading on.....
https://featuredgist.com/floating-the-naira-without-adequate-supply-is-like-building-a-non-gated-house-in-a-crime-infested-community-peter-obi/

1 Like

Re: “floating The Naira Without Adequate Supply Is Like Building A Non-gated House I by Jlow2: 11:28pm On Jan 31
It’s time tinubu removes shame and call Peter obi for advice
Re: “floating The Naira Without Adequate Supply Is Like Building A Non-gated House I by coputa(m): 12:13am On Feb 01
Jlow2:
It’s time tinubu removes shame and call Peter obi for advice
Obi is spewing trash.Can manufacturers use naira to import goods into the country.

Naira can only be used domestically. nigeria is an import dependant nation

(1) (Reply)

Revitalizing Homes: Remodeling Trends In Los Angeles / POS Machine For Sell / Edmonton Real Estate Listings: Your Gateway To New Homes For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.