Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier (11327 Views)

Keyamo: No Reason To Reveal Tinubu’s Health Status / Keyamo: No Yoruba, Igbo: Atiku Campaigning On Basis Of Ethnicity Is Horrendous / Breaking News: FG Suspends National Carrier, Nigeria Air Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by BitterTruth0001: 10:20am On Feb 01
Agboriotejoye:

You tribalistic bigots are usually very short-sighted.
So Keyamo hates Igbo now? You think if Keyamo sees an opportunity to benefit the country and himself by making Air Peace national carrier, he'll refuse to take it because the owner is igbo.
You guys need to recalibrate your brains.
It's shameful to see people think this way.

You that you’re long sighted but cannot provide a logical argument as to why an Arabian , Chinese or American company will come and operate as our national carrier in place of a local airline , what do we call you ?

You that your brain is working but you accepted Keyamo’s retarded explanation that if he chooses one airline , the other airlines will be angry , what do we call you

Reminds me of Fela’s song : Animal in human skin
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by dettolgel: 10:21am On Feb 01
HarunaWest:
Yes if that person will proffer a solution to my problem, I will take it. So your logic now is that its only graduates of political science that should vie for political positions?

My logic is that people with proven experience in a field should be allowed to run such ministry. On a lighter note maybe you should reread my post reflect on it maybe the logic will come to you.

As it stands today there are a lot of Nigerians with both global and international experiences scattered all over the world. As long as we keep using political appointment as compensation for political loyalist we will never experience the progress we so wish for.

Have you asked yourself why do private enterprises always trump public sector?

The answer is simply, in profitable private sector what is mostly rewarded is competency not loyalty of staff. The staff that drives the profit most and objectives of the company are most likely to be promoted.

There have been cases where staff take pay cut because they like a company once the company changes strategy and wants to improve bottomline they don't care about who stayed or who loves the company most but those that have the right skills to drive the company objectives. This is not usually the case in public sector where most hiring are rooted deep in diversity.

Another example is in the game of football or sports in general. To win trophy and make profit, teams will never recruit someone because he contributed money to the team or because the person was loyal to the team. It is purely about competency.

I understand that most times on NL people have turned political matter into "sports fan based like" approach where everyone has to pick a side and support their team irrespective of their performance.

The issue here is about national interest what is good for the people in the long run. The implications of the tactics you are condoning is that subtly you are telling people that competence and experience do not matter all they have to do is to join the right party and and they will get compensented once their party gets to power.

The bigger implications with this is that since most of these political jobbers can hardly secure a position through fair play they will do anything within their reach to get their benefactor in power since that is the only way they can get the position they so desire as compensation.

If as a nation we are serious about moving forwards we have to do things the right way.

We have people with experiences scattered all over the globe we should hire them with clear objectives of what they should achieve within a set time. If not achieved they should be fire. Because of the role these our crop of ministers and political appointees played in elections it becomes difficult to sack them even when they are performing badly. That needs to change if we want progress
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:51am On Feb 01
BitterTruth0001:

You that you’re long sighted but cannot provide a logical argument as to why an Arabian , Chinese or American company will come and operate as our national carrier in place of a local airline , what do we call you ?

You that your brain is working but you accepted Keyamo’s retarded explanation that if he chooses one airline , the other airlines will be angry , what do we call you

Reminds me of Fela’s song : Animal in human skin
It's not that I support using a foreign airline as carrier or whatever
What I'm correcting to for is this tribal jingoism of thinking it's Air Peace he's against for saying he prefers foreign collaborators.
So what if he decided to use local collaborators and he goes with Azman for example, you'll say he favored a northerner abi?
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by ivolt: 11:34am On Feb 01
NextAbuja:
But if Arik is named as the national carrier now you go start wailing again.
Go play with your mates.
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by 2mch(m): 11:49am On Feb 01
This is crazy. I can’t believe he said this? How best to demarket your own country with such senseless and unguarded talk? Air Peace is a viable option. Do not bring any foreign airline. How disgusting is this? I am shocked.
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by TheBillyonaire: 11:52am On Feb 01
So you do not want your fellow local man to own the National Carrier, but you will prefer the Americans, Chinese, Koreans to own the National Carriers through Equity, than your own people.

Idiots are becoming Ministers.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by Drone95(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01
Alright...meanwhile Check out this free app — It Pays to Walk 🚶 https://sweatco.in/i/michaelayohilarious
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by lagdmark(m): 2:37pm On Feb 01
The foolish boy Festus Keyamo is working on another failed Air-Nigeria Airways

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by BALLOSKI: 6:08pm On Feb 01
10mobile:
Why is Nigeria fond of using lackadaisical lawyers as ministers of Aviation? FKK, now Keyamo? Why not appoint people who are experienced in the aviation industry since the sector is so sensitive?
What has he done wrong?
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by Glassysea(m): 6:39pm On Feb 01
What about the one buhari said we have.
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by Glassysea(m): 6:42pm On Feb 01
All American national carry are private companies. That's what kill us in Nigeria, Grama, what about the national carry that buhari launch with billions of dollars
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by Dobodobo04: 7:09pm On Feb 01
What Mr Keyemo should prioritise are

1) Maintain all airports to international standards

2) Airline safety travelling from and within Nigeria.

3) Make passenger journeys smooth and efficient

4) Strengthen and incentivise local travel with Nigeria.

5) Improve overall security at the airport. Latest scanners should be in place to detect all sorts of weapons and contrabands. Sniffer dogs as well.

Forget about national airline for now. The industry is too competitive for new entry!! It’s gonna be waste of money.

Airline like Air Peace and the likes should be ensured they are air worthy.
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by walefresh3(m): 8:14pm On Feb 01
ariesbull:
go and bury the
druggie generation... Go and safe your kinsmen in Asia prison... Sadeast fella
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by porthouse7(f): 9:34pm On Feb 01
emmabest2000:
Fear don begins to catch dem
Because of the way AIR-PEACE is growing
reckless statement, what does it take fg to ground air peace if fear truly dey catch them
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:57pm On Feb 01
I love Festus Keyamo for being a smart man as minister of aviation.
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by Artscollection: 10:10pm On Feb 01
Ewu hausa!! one thing i find out about apc miscreants is that their reasoning is just one sided. Now you will bring an airline that will end up repatriating scarce dollar back to their country.
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by BitterTruth0001: 10:57pm On Feb 01
Agboriotejoye:

It's not that I support using a foreign airline as carrier or whatever
What I'm correcting to for is this tribal jingoism of thinking it's Air Peace he's against for saying he prefers foreign collaborators.
So what if he decided to use local collaborators and he goes with Azman for example, you'll say he favored a northerner abi?

And you don’t think you’ve committed fallacy here ?

If you read my post , I intentionally did not mention the airline. I did that specifically to avoid the unpleasantness of the inevitable responses from online warriors .

You could’ve first of all asked which airline I had in mind , then it’s left for me to name it or decline.
But you conjuring up a line of response and going so far as to authoritatively use demeaning/insultive words , all based on speculation of what you think went on in my head IS A fallacy .

To make matters worse, nowhere did you throw your weight behind the logical arguments that every reasonable Nigerian and right thinking person would make when they read this article : that it is incomprehensible for a federal minister to try to justify a foreign company operating our national carrier , taking us back to the days of Obasanjo, putting strain on our already depleted forex reserves and just simply publicly revelling in incompetence . A federal minister that is supposed to administer policies that’ll deepen capacity in the sector . No. You focused on shutting down the opposition by any means necessary.
You could’ve balanced your statement by castigating the minister first , then sharing your thoughts on the perceived tribal matter but you went for the topic that was more important to you .
Therefore I submit that you sir , are a tribal warrior yourself
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:38pm On Feb 01
BitterTruth0001:

And you don’t think you’ve committed fallacy here ?

If you read my post , I intentionally did not mention the airline. I did that specifically to avoid the unpleasantness of the inevitable responses from online warriors .

You could’ve first of all asked which airline I had in mind , then it’s left for me to name it or decline.
But you conjuring up a line of response and going so far as to authoritatively use demeaning/insultive words , all based on speculation of what you think went on in my head IS A fallacy .

To make matters worse, nowhere did you throw your weight behind the logical arguments that every reasonable Nigerian and right thinking person would make when they read this article : that it is incomprehensible for a federal minister to try to justify a foreign company operating our national carrier , taking us back to the days of Obasanjo, putting strain on our already depleted forex reserves and just simply publicly revelling in incompetence . A federal minister that is supposed to administer policies that’ll deepen capacity in the sector . No. You focused on shutting down the opposition by any means necessary.
You could’ve balanced your statement by castigating the minister first , then sharing your thoughts on the perceived tribal matter but you went for the topic that was more important to you .
Therefore I submit that you sir , are a tribal warrior yourself

Let me quickly clear something. There's nothing basically wrong in having foreign owners for a national carrier. BA is owned by the Emirati. KLM is owned by Air France etc. My point was that you shouldn't have seen the minister's declaration whatever your grouse against it as due to hatred or bias for a certain airline.
That you did not mention the airline does not mean anyone with native intelligence cannot already fathom which airline you're referring to. A lot of guys with soft spot for AirPeace based on tribal identity picked issue with the former minister ignorantly based on his refusal to make AirPeace a national carrier.
Meanwhile there's nothing on ground that suggests AirPeace will be better placed to become national carrier if a local airline is considered. It is only tribal supremacists that see everything through tribal and narrow prisms.
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:41pm On Feb 01
porthouse7:
reckless statement, what does it take fg to ground air peace if fear truly dey catch them
Exactly!!
Why all the tribal colouration for a purely economic matter?
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by BitterTruth0001: 12:30am On Feb 02
Agboriotejoye:

Let me quickly clear something. There's nothing basically wrong in having foreign owners for a national carrier. BA is owned by the Emirati. KLM is owned by Air France etc. My point was that you shouldn't have seen the minister's declaration whatever your grouse against it as due to hatred or bias for a certain airline.
That you did not mention the airline does not mean anyone with native intelligence cannot already fathom which airline you're referring to. A lot of guys with soft spot for AirPeace based on tribal identity picked issue with the former minister ignorantly based on his refusal to make AirPeace a national carrier.
Meanwhile there's nothing on ground that suggests AirPeace will be better placed to become national carrier if a local airline is considered. It is only tribal supremacists that see everything through tribal and narrow prisms.

Meanwhile there's nothing on ground that suggests AirPeace will be better placed to become national carrier if a local airline is considered.

You said what ? The fact that you throw the word ‘ignorant’ around , implicitly ascribing knowledge to yourself whereas each iof your posts so far has belied that very insinuation is a huge irony
This is my last response on this issue . You have a duty to educate yourself. It’s not my duty sir

There about 20-23 airlines in Nigeria . Virtually all of them except two have a fleet of
less than 9 aircraft
The majority actually have less than 5 . Kabo air has 1 .

The two that have more than 9 are

ARIK with 16 aircraft

Air peace with 29 aircraft

The implication is that Air Peace has more aircraft than some of the other airlines combined . And not just that , they have the biggest planes too . They also have the highest number of destinations too. They’re the largest airline in west Africa .

Our former national carrier had about 26 planes or so when it was Virgin Nigeria and then downsized to 12 planes when it became Air Nigeria . They also had 19 destinations at their peak .
Air Peace currently has 20 destinations as a private non-national airline .

So tell me if air peace is designated the national carrier , is it Kabo air with 1 plane or Azman with 5 planes that should complain ?

Now tell me also, if Air Peace was owned by Aliko Dangote , or Abdulsamad Rabiu , do you think it would even be a question of IF and not a matter of WHEN they ll be appointed as the national carrier ?

And what would you say then ? That’s it’s fully deserved . No ?

You don’t have to answer these rhetorical questions . I leave you to your thoughts and internal reflections/perspectives on how you want to achieve the Nigeria of your dreams

. There's nothing basically wrong in having foreign owners for a national carrier. BA is owned by the Emirati. KLM is owned by Air France etc

Oh so you don’t see anything wrong with Nigeria having a foreign airline as a national carrier , not UAE, not Netherlands. I mean Nigeria currently in its present situation .
I rest my case
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by nony43(m): 5:38am On Feb 02
ImoleNaija:

Una don start victim mentality abi.....

Why does he want to pass it to Chinese, Arabs and Americans on what a Nigerian can do, Air peace and Ibom air are managed properly. Tomorrow we will complain of $ do this and that unemployment etc.
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by ariesbull: 7:24am On Feb 02
Artscollection:
Ewu hausa!! one thing i find out about apc miscreants is that their reasoning is just one sided. Now you will bring an airline that will end up repatriating scarce dollar back to their country.
They are daft ...they don't understand the concept of group economics

It's unfortunate that we have these set of people in the helms
Re: Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier by ariesbull: 7:26am On Feb 02
BitterTruth0001:

You said what ? The fact that you throw the word ‘ignorant’ around , implicitly ascribing knowledge to yourself whereas each iof your posts so far has belied that very insinuating is a huge irony
This is my last response on this issue . You have a duty to educate yourself. It’s not my duty sir

There about 20-23 airlines in Nigeria . Virtually all of them except two have a fleet of
less than 9 aircraft
The majority actually have less than 5 . Kabo air has 1 .

The two that have more than 9 are

ARIK with 16 aircraft

Air peace with 29 aircraft

The implication is that Air Peace has more aircraft than some of the other airlines combined . And not just that , they have the biggest planes too . They also have the highest number of destinations too. They’re the largest airline in west Africa .

Our former national carrier had about 26 planes or so when it was Virgin Nigeria and then downsized to 12 planes when it became Air Nigeria . They also had 19 destinations at their peak .
Air Peace currently has 20 destinations as a private non-national airline .

So tell me if air peace is designated the national carrier , is it Kabo air with 1 plane or Azman with 5 planes that should complain ?

Now tell me also, if Air Peace was owned by Aliko Dangote , or Abdulsamad Rabiu , do you think it would even be a question of IF and not a matter of WHEN they ll be appointed as the national carrier ?

And what would you say then ? That’s it’s fully deserved . No ?

You don’t have to answer these rhetorical questions . I leave you to your thoughts and internal reflections/perspectives on how you want to achieve the Nigeria of your dreams

Oh so you don’t see anything wrong with Nigeria having a foreign airline as a national carrier , not UAE, not Netherlands. I mean Nigeria currently in its present situation .
I rest my case

My dear...the best thing is to divide this country cos the thinking of many are just terrible

Also they will want to die rather than see an Igbo man Dave them...we have seen it in the last election now we are seeing it in this national airline

Airpeace hasore airline than even Ghana air or many national airline in Africa and airpeca has competency...but it is an Igbo owned airline and they will never make it national airline

Igbophobia will kill this country... Just like saying rather than Obi to make us prosper let's go hungry under babablu

The idiot said that he doesn't see anything wrong with foriegn airline been our flagship airline

Something is wrong with the average thinking of blackman and their inability to believe in themselves.... Especially these Ronu people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Metu’s Request For Medical Trip To UK / Fela Durotoye Is A.n.n Presidential Candidate Not Olawepo Gbenga Hashim / Policemen Reject N4 Million Bribe, Arrest Drug Peddlers In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.