Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% (6690 Views)

₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits / Akinwumi Adesina: Tackle 73% Debt Service To Revenue For Economy To Grow / Nigeria's Debt To GDP Ratio Drops To 18.99%—DMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by jaxxy(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01
Juanmike:
As long as we are on his mandate while schooling okolos on how to do politics. We are safe. Period.

After removing subsidy and creating hyperinflation?

wow that's a good achievement.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by MightySparrow: 4:12pm On Feb 01
nairalanda1:

It has been decaying from independence.

The problem with our economy in my opinion (corruption aside, which is a serious issue mind you)..is that our economy is based on the price of whatever we are selling. IN the 1960's it was agric and solid minerals...then from the 1970's oil took over and remained our main source of income.

Problem is, we do not set the prices. ANd the solutuion is that we use what we have to make things the world can use.

Tinubu has really not done much. WHat he has done is had his hand forced by the fact that at the start of his regime, debt service was eating up most of the avaialble revenue, once subsides for petrol and the dollar had been paid. He had to cut subsides (he has not removed subsides) to get more money. Yes, nice...like IMF even suggested.

But lipstick on a pig does not make it a beautiful woman. (It may improve the pig's looks a bit, but it is still a pig).

At the end, we still are not earning enough money, and cutting subsides can only go so far. APC , Tinubu's party promised that diversification would happen when they took over in 2015. At the end, they did not diversify, and TInubu has not yet outlined how he would diversify the economy. Then there is the low revenue from tax. Improving both things means harsh economic polices for the next decade...and APC wants to win elections...so at the end, they won't take the hard decisions needed.

We have to earn more money, and we can do that by being a exporter of manufactured goods and servicies, having a decent tax income and also having a proper anti-corruption effort, and cutting government costs.

Absolutely true
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by Slurity(m): 4:39pm On Feb 01
eliyke:
wait till dollar add again 2morro,good news wey no dey ever reflect on d masses
As this particular news, Don't just drop your anger on every thing with blinded eye. We all know Nigeria is passing through a hard time and that doesn't mean our sense should not differentiate bad news from good news. This particular news is simply saying there is improvement in Nigeria economic situation, it may have not reflected in citizens life but the news is what is it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by UNDFTD: 5:09pm On Feb 01
Please, can this government of Presidot E-Bola Tiefnubu STOP serving Nigerians with Bowls of LIES every day? How can the amount Nigeria pays today to service its debt be lower relative to the revenue it generates compared to the year prior? First off, Nigeria has borrowed more money in a short period in this administration compared to the prior administration. Secondly, Nigeria is NOT generating more revenue now, and no matter what the government might tell you about subsidy removal, that is also a LIE. All it did was to switch oil subsidies for petroleum marketers to a $$ subsidy for the same marketers. The question Nigerians need to ask themselves is this: "Is your life today better than it was a year ago?" I am sure the answer is NO! So, why will the government be more interested in lying to deceive the citizens about the true nature of the economic malaise facing the country?
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by 2mch(m): 5:19pm On Feb 01
eazzzy1:
The comment section is a clear case of why many Nigerians are unemployable.
They are so stupid. Once they here drop they start shouting emilokan. Lmaoooo. They don’t know that this is actually a good news.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by iblawi(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01
Please where are the youth that want to take over government? Just don't tell me many people in this comment section are part of them.

This news is worth celebrating and some dummies are calling it bad news.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by chopnaira: 7:18pm On Feb 01
eazzzy1:
🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by danilmo: 8:49pm On Feb 01
YourGFsnatcher:
Do we even know what we are doing in this country or its just trial and error?

I don't think by understand this topic, it's a good news bro. 😂. Read and digest this time be slow. Or Tell someone to exolain y
to u instead 😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by jogojogo: 9:08pm On Feb 01
eazzzy1:

See how they were responding senseless.....They see a headline yet can't understand simple English. Ok, let them even take a little pain to read, no... Just open mouth waaaaaa to show high level illiteracy and ignorance. How can these kind of people still have audacity to insult the President?
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by jogojogo: 9:12pm On Feb 01
iblawi:
Please where are the youth that want to take over government? Just don't tell me many people in this comment section are part of them.

This news is worth celebrating and some dummies are calling it bad news.

Their brain and sense have been customised to only see evil such that they can't see anything that is good even standing before them
They just see 4-year low: boom that is enough for them to start wailing....And these kind of people go dey lament say job no dey. Who go employ these kind of people I beg?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by Profmarley: 9:23pm On Feb 01
RapportNaija:
Almost 70% of revenue to service debt...

No be failure be this?

Why's APC still a political party in Nigeria? These devilish people should've been banished from the face of earth.

What country do we want to leave for our kids if you people destroy everything today? Ehn!

God save us oh!
What illiteracy would do to you lots ehn. Like WTF.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by 7lives: 9:25pm On Feb 01
shiwex:
Emi Lokan, Emi Lokan.......see as you messed the whole country up. I don't blame the man , I blame ignorant Nigerians tht decide an 80 year old man is the one that should come and lead the country.

We living abroad can see where all these will end. We told you ..Obi was your man..you all dey shout Na Yoruba turn. I am a Yoruba man and will never have voted for an old, corrupt man like Tinubu.

I do not pity all those that are suffering, they had the chance to change their future but they decided to enslave themselves to APC.[b]
[/b]

And the hard sell continue.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by Profmarley: 9:26pm On Feb 01
jogojogo:

Their brain and sense have been customised to only see evil such that they can't see anything that is good even standing before them
They just see 4-year low: boom that is enough for them to start wailing....And these kind of people go dey lament say job no dey. Who go employ these kind of people I beg?
Mehn, we have a more serious problem at hand o.. It's like seeing evil news about Nigeria automatically gets them aroused.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by 7lives: 9:31pm On Feb 01
eazzzy1:

Gbam gbamer gbamest.
I thought I was the only one who saw it.
Now you know why a lot of our dumb graduates are floating around like ghosts.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by JagabanB: 9:35pm On Feb 01
shiwex:
Emi Lokan, Emi Lokan.......see as you messed the whole country up. I don't blame the man , I blame ignorant Nigerians tht decide an 80 year old man is the one that should come and lead the country.

We living abroad can see where all these will end. We told you ..Obi was your man..you all dey shout Na Yoruba turn. I am a Yoruba man and will never have voted for an old, corrupt man like Tinubu.

I do not pity all those that are suffering, they had the chance to change their future but they decided to enslave themselves to APC.[b]
[/b]
Obi was the man for what exactly?
Saving in banks where u own shares while ur people sûffèr?
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:54pm On Feb 01
shiwex:

[/b]

I am very sure you didn't even read this tiny piece of information. No wonder you supported Obi.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by YourGFsnatcher: 11:46pm On Feb 01
danilmo:

I don't think by understand this topic, it's a good news bro. 😂. Read and digest this time be slow. Or Tell someone to exolain y
to u instead 😂
😂 in this country many things seems to be scam, no matter how beautifully is it painted. We've bn hearing news, explanations and reasons since the time of Pontus Pilate in this country... the result has always been though on the normal people... that's why I'm tired of understanding... I just want things to be fine for people in real life, not on paper of economic theory grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by Whois(m): 2:36am On Feb 02
Reported for breaking rule 2 and 15. smiley
Juanmike:
As long as we are on his mandate while schooling okolos on how to do politics. We are safe. Period.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by kayusely70(m): 3:47am On Feb 02
Paraman [color=#006600:
[/color]post=128233748]Nigeria is moving in the right direction
Yes ooo! You've spoken very well and reasonably too!
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by dealslip(f): 6:30am On Feb 02
RapportNaija:
Almost 70% of revenue to service debt...

No be failure be this?

Why's APC still a political party in Nigeria? These devilish people should've been banished from the face of earth.

What country do we want to leave for our kids if you people destroy everything today? Ehn!

God save us oh!
It can be difficult to be positive in Nigeria but please adopt a positive outlook not for the president or the government but for your own sake. No matter how bad a situation is, learn to see positives. The news says our debt ratio has dropped from 90% to 66% but you refuse to see that 30% of your revenue has been freed up which can now be diverted into minimum wage or any other thing that will impact and benefit Nigerians. So see the improvements rather than the challenges alone. Be positive. We that saw Abacha's time thought Nigeria has entered Armageddon but see that phase passed. This too will pass! But in the meantime be positive, a positive mind attracts success.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by RapportNaija(m): 6:48am On Feb 02
Profmarley:

What illiteracy would do to you lots ehn. Like WTF.

What did illiteracy do to your mum?
Re: Nigeria's Debt Service-to-Revenue Ratio Drops To 66.9% by Profmarley: 7:49am On Feb 02
RapportNaija:

What did illiteracy do to your mum?
Lol, just listen to yourself. Typical of social media barbarians like you who can neither read nor comprehend simple English text. The only exception for you is when it's bad news about Nigeria. Illiteracy has no place in my lineage, bro. It's your brain that needs some serious biological overhauling and resetting. Clown.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SEC Workers Protesting For Oteh's Sack (Video) / Have You Ever Been Slapped By A Policeman. / Some past Heads Of Nigerian Custom Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.