Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,021 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike (26881 Views)

CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs / Tax Evasion: Customers Stranded As Kano Seals Five GT Bank Branches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:20pm On Feb 01
Tinubu supporters have left the group chat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Beverlyjean(f): 1:22pm On Feb 01
I built lagos...but I will destroy Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by femicyrus(m): 1:22pm On Feb 01
Dialpad:
Getting crazy, if it hits 2000, I see people revolting
Who?
Maybe when it hits 5000 Sha
We have a very thick skin in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:23pm On Feb 01
Coolestguy2023:
This is beautiful. All those BDC should be faced out. They are causing more harm than good to our currency.

Reading through the comments, i can see that most people on this platform are dumb and senseless. They know absolutely nothing.
The people killing our economy are gradually been phased out and these dumb people are insulting the president. They don't even know there left from there right

So BDC are the major reason for the spike.
So the number 1 citizen presiding over the AFFAIRS of the nation is totally innocent. Okay ooo

2 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by gotnel: 1:23pm On Feb 01
Total disgrace to Tinubu and his Lagos boys.
I don't understand what they want with the deregulation of naira/dollar exchange rate that has turned out as a total disaster for the nation economy.
If the deregulation is not working out as expected, I think the government should take the system back to the regulated system they met on ground.

There is no point of deregulation when we are not producing any product to help counter the market value of naira.
Nearly everything in the Nigerian market is imported from outside the country.
How on earth do we expect the naira to gain value.
The only way to save the economy of Nigeria from total collapse is to regulates the exchange rate.
Wale Edun
Olayemi Cardosso
Femi Gbajabiamila
And everyone else in the corridor of the presidency should realise that the consequences of this economic theory from imf and world Bank will kill Nigeria and Nigerians totally.
Tinubu and his cabinet members should look inward rather than looking outward towards imf and world Bank.
God help us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Dotherightthing: 1:25pm On Feb 01
Naira now NGN1,380 smiley

When they resume, it will gain further smiley

1 Like

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Wallade(m): 1:28pm On Feb 01
CBN needs to withdraw all BDC licenses with immediate effect and encourage all legitimate buyers and sellers of forex to approach commercial banks or DMBs.

CBN must ensure FOREX liquidity of DMBs to meet legitimate demands for FOREX and ensure all banks properly document, with evidence, and report all transactions for proper tracking and confirmation of the use.

The federal government must complement CBN by criminalizing open transactions in FOREX within nigeria, instead of with the DMBs, and prosecution of offenders promptly in compliance with the laws.

These steps will help to arrest the increasing demand for dollars and other forex.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by RisenObinna: 1:28pm On Feb 01
Where is FreestfuffNg?
Don't snub this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Angelfrost(m): 1:30pm On Feb 01
Emman08:
I have never seen anything like it. A country other than the US being so obsessed over the US Dollar

It began with your Politicians, including the one currently leading the nation.

Do you know how much in millions of Dollars Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, and others have stored up?!!

Y'all don't want to say the truth.

How much dollars do average citizens have access to?!!

What's the business of millions of civil servants and professionals in Nigeria with Dollars?!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Emman08: 1:32pm On Feb 01
Angelfrost:

It began with your Politicians, including the one currently leading the nation.

Do you know how much in millions of Dollars Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, and others have stored up?!!

Y'all don't want to say the truth.

How much dollars do average citizens have access to?!!

Pray tell, Captain In the Know
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Cj4charles(m): 1:34pm On Feb 01
Dialpad:
Getting crazy, if it hits 2000, I see people revolting
nothing will still happen, Nigerians will only come up here on Nairaland and rant for few days that's all

3 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Angelfrost(m): 1:36pm On Feb 01
Emman08:

Pray tell, Captain In the Know

I just did... Don't be cowardly to say the truth.

Who else has access to Billions worth of Dollars if not the same people in power and their political cronies?!!

Who shares Millions of Dollars during Primaries to delegates?!

How many millions of ordinary Nigerian citizens have access to the level of foreign currency to destabilize the nation's economy?!!

I don't chase shadows... I say the truth as I see it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Cj4charles(m): 1:37pm On Feb 01
ajimo54:

They should not exist in the first place! They are the killers of the economy in collaboration with banks and their paymasters! Nigerians looking for dollars to hide are not excluded! Dollar is not our currency but it determines the prices of goods and services! Most IT services are rendered in dollars because they are foreign and most consuming products in Nigeria are imported! It is wrong for the government to peg the price of what is not theirs! Naira can only be valuable if all these horaders and Aboki are no longer in charge of dollars! All dollars should be turned to digital!
they've been there before this so called Government came into power and everything was stable prior to 2015, so tell me what now changed
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Hoelujohn: 1:37pm On Feb 01
Favourchris:
Now watch how dollar will hit 2k
Can't it get to say 1 million naira to 1 USd. Werey
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Angelfrost(m): 1:38pm On Feb 01
Coolestguy2023:
This is beautiful. All those BDC should be faced out. They are causing more harm than good to our currency.

Reading through the comments, i can see that most people on this platform are dumb and senseless. They know absolutely nothing.
The people killing our economy are gradually been phased out and these dumb people are insulting the president. They don't even know there left from there right

Who owns and operates the BDCs?!!

Who gives them Dollars in the first place?!!

What caliber of people have the means to patronize such black market operators?!

Where does the buck stop?!!

Learn to ask the right questions and point the right fingers.

The rot in the Nigerian system lies at the feet of those you elected into government and their friends.

3 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Splashme: 1:47pm On Feb 01
Terrible

1 Like

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Emman08: 1:50pm On Feb 01
Angelfrost:

I just did... Don't be cowardly to say the truth.

Who else has access to Billions worth of Dollars if not the same people in power and their political cronies?!!

Who shares Millions of Dollars during Primaries to delegates?!

How many millions of ordinary Nigerian citizens have access to the level of foreign currency to destabilize the nation's economy?!!

I don't chase shadows... I say the truth as I see it.

Keep rambling bro. I am defo not your problem
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Angelfrost(m): 1:52pm On Feb 01
Emman08:

Keep rambling bro. I am defo not your problem

Rambling?!! Yeah... You are truly unworthy.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Emman08: 1:53pm On Feb 01
Angelfrost:

Rambling?!! Yeah... You are truly unworthy.

Don't do drugs kids.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by goody234: 2:01pm On Feb 01
What is the obsession with dollars self, people are just buying to hoard it... you are buying at a very high price naira will appreciate and people will lose out

2 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Favourchris(f): 2:01pm On Feb 01
Hoelujohn:

Can't it get to say 1 million naira to 1 USd. Werey

Werey indeed. When BDC close, what do think that will happen to supply and demand is still going higher.

Abi u think because CBN ask bank to sell dollar they will sell to u, they will sell to politicians and fellow banking executives.

Make una dey deceive una self, with the dullard una put for Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Cool83(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01
Grace001:
Failed country

One step forward, 20 steps backward.

Nigerians are just so resilient , hardship and suffering no Dey tire una ?
Can't you lead the fight

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Revolva(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01
shiwex:
Emi Lokan, Emi Lokan.......see as you messed the whole country up. I don't blame the man , I blame ignorant Nigerians tht decide an 80 year old man is the one that should come and lead the country.

We living abroad can see where all these will end. We told you ..Obi was your man..you all dey shout Na Yoruba turn. I am a Yoruba man and will never have voted for an old, corrupt man like Tinubu.

I do not pity all those that are suffering, they had the chance to change their future but they decided to enslave themselves to APC.

God bless you brother , you see how a sincere and a patriotic nigerian suppose to reason

My brother these people will suffer hen , the pains in d society is way heavier now on all nigerians and these things just some greedy selfish senseless people caused it
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Abufo: 2:08pm On Feb 01
WhisperedNoise:
Lol
Tinubu is actually doing well. He is breaking the record as the most USELESS president to have ever ruled Nigeria.

Buhari was a failure. Emefiele was a failure. But compared to Tinubu, those guys are Harvard graduates.

Yesterday, #1 was equal to $0.0006. That's how PATHETIC the economy is in less than 2 years of government.

The more painful thing is that demented, pathetic foot soldiers like yarimo, helineus, MannaBBgrills, okoroawusa and other lunatics will rush to defend APC. May the thunder of heaven strike all of you.

Tinubu should resign in absolute shame and disgrace.

I do not like the kind of ethnic politics and fear mongering Tinubu played in the last elections but he is a courageous man! He is undoing the massive damage Buhari did to the economy but does Tinubu have the patience and discipline to see the reforms through? He needs to curtail waste in his government and come after the massive corruption that occurred in the past and present regimes..............most of deman push on the dollar is because of looted naira looking for forex to flee the country!

I double dare Tinubu's stooges to come to this thread. They'll avoid this thread like rats jump off a sinking ship but mention anything Peter Obi and watch them disgrace their lineage and ancestors. Ndi ara.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by goodlife4every1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 01
GorgeousAF:
Which way Nigeria by sunny okosun comes to mind.... Na wa!!

Imagine that song then, still relevant today! We have not progressed as a nation one bit...

1 Like

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by shiwex: 2:18pm On Feb 01
Naira devalued second time in two months.....
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by BreconHills(m): 2:20pm On Feb 01
nairalandkachy1:

https://thewhistler.ng/customers-stranded-as-bdcs-in-abuja-kano-lagos-shutdown-over-dollar-spike/?fbclid=IwAR2L8adCT4pEbz6ftp1Y3i4y_C_7A96wi5FckEoW2HFz3jtbth-zssf8A0Q

Don't let them deceive you.

This is not to help prices. It is simply a circuit breaker against a run on the USD caused by supply. This is the same thing that happens when prices fall too fast on a stock exchange - they may close for one or two days
to take the steam out of sell orders.

BDC are in trouble.

The real enemies of Nigeria have shown their hand.

Nothing will make CBN rescind the order to offload 80% of their fx and to enable banks sell at street rates.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by badoh(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01
WhisperedNoise:
Lol
Tinubu is actually doing well. He is breaking the record as the most USELESS president to have ever ruled Nigeria.

Buhari was a failure. Emefiele was a failure. But compared to Tinubu, those guys are Harvard graduates.

Yesterday, #1 was equal to $0.0006. That's how PATHETIC the economy is in less than 2 years of government.

The more painful thing is that demented, pathetic foot soldiers like yarimo, helineus, MannaBBgrills, okoroawusa and other lunatics will rush to defend APC. May the thunder of heaven strike all of you.

Tinubu should resign in absolute shame and disgrace.

I double dare Tinubu's stooges to come to this thread. They'll avoid this thread like rats jump off a sinking ship but mention anything Peter Obi and watch them disgrace their lineage and ancestors. Ndi ara.
Even if he resigns today, who do you think can salvage this country? The Citizens themselves are not helping matters, always looking for loopholes to game the system. Nigeria needs strong institutions to get back on her feets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by doncartel: 2:28pm On Feb 01
We are witnessing first-class chicago economic management. But seriously, this is a disgrace to Chicago.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by codemaniacs: 2:34pm On Feb 01
shiwex:
Emi Lokan, Emi Lokan.......see as you messed the whole country up. I don't blame the man , I blame ignorant Nigerians tht decide an 80 year old man is the one that should come and lead the country.

We living abroad can see where all these will end. We told you ..Obi was your man..you all dey shout Na Yoruba turn. I am a Yoruba man and will never have voted for an old, corrupt man like Tinubu.

I do not pity all those that are suffering, they had the chance to change their future but they decided to enslave themselves to APC.

No true and sane Yoruba person will ever write what you wrote and no true and sane Yoruba person will ever vote an Igbo politician to be president.

Stop claiming to be Yoruba just to get likes and embrace your own ethnicity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Newton1045: 2:37pm On Feb 01
shiwex:

Why do we blame common man for every woe
Tinubu rigged himself in, vote doesn't work.

I stay in a place where nobody vote for apc but people from the south kept blaming us dat we voted APC IN.

I Voted labour, but I ve some hope in tinubu to turn things around. The havoc buhari left on ground can never be corrected in 10yrs by even Peter Obi.

Lets work and hope for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See How Nigerians Spend For Christmas / Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) / FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.