Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market (19218 Views)

Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market / Naira Hits All-Time Low Of ₦1,152/$1 In Black Market / Naira Falls To All-time Low Of 527 Naira To A Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by mutvy: 7:32pm On Feb 01
By December 2024,a dollar will be 3 000 naira.
Go and write it down. Then Nigerian living below 1 dollar a day will be more than 80%.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by OYEDIPE(m): 7:33pm On Feb 01

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Angelfrost(m): 7:33pm On Feb 01
t2luv1:

Even with all the suffering going on You want to wager that if the election was held today he would still get elected President. His tribal people will still vote for him. To them, it is all about a cult mentality. Blaming the Igbo for all their problems is always their fallback plan.

Well, they learnt well from their Northern brothers.

Those ones were ready to suffer and die painfully than say a word against Buhari throughout his tenure as president.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by MrPresident1: 7:34pm On Feb 01
Lala dollar to r'oke, ile l'o nbo
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by gaby(m): 7:34pm On Feb 01
dfrost:

gaby you sef believe am? Na wa ooh 🤣

1. What are the measures?
2. Aside oil, what do we export?

Just got an info today that the gas from NLNG will be piped for 10 years as the money has been paid upfront. We are in deep shit honestly.

Na insider info be this ooh 😯. I shock 😤🥴

Wahala surplus.

As person go wan try happy say one loophole don block another gutter go surface.

Haba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Amm14: 7:34pm On Feb 01
OYEDIPE:

The naira appreciated today. This is not a good news to push to the front page. We know your agenda.
I was surprised after seeing this thread too. I thought naira appreciated after the CBN's order!

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Faposky95: 7:35pm On Feb 01
Tntsi:
The land of Nigeria was soaked in blood during the reign of pmb due to nepotism , tribalism, sectionalism and all sorts . We saw the dire consequences in the nation.

Nigeria desperately needed a sense of healing , justice , equity and sanity so we could begin to santize the land and come out from the consequences of the blood shed.

Instead of that we are thrown into a group of criminals who hijacked the institutions, alter and remove the ancient landmark of the nation thereby desecrating the land.
And you are expecting life in the nation? You need to go wash your head.

If tinubu and shettima like, let them go sleep on papa Adeboye bed, with marathon fasting and night vigil, it will yield to nothing.

The dearth in the land are the consequences of desecrating the land.
Tinubu , his criminal gang of grab it and run with it politicians, the criminals in the judiciary, inec etc are major cause of the dearth in the land

For the nation to have a hope to revive, the altar desecrated must be repaired.
The desecrators of the land must leave.

Individuals here and there with clean hands, will do good, but as a nation, you are deceiving yourself.

Tinubu and his gang are operating with a cursed mandate. Nothing real can come from it. It will be renewed propagandas,empty noises, one step forward and 50 steps backwards.

Until the desecrators of the land are taken away, forget Nigeria.

Only spiritually minded people agree......not the dark ones

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Angelfrost(m): 7:36pm On Feb 01
Chibuezem:
To be frank, Nigerians have not experienced pain above their tolerance level. They will still vote tribalism, nepotism, partialism come 2027.

Plain truth!!!

The average Nigerian's high tolerance for SUFFERING needs to be studied and thoroughly researched.

I guess that's the fallout of intense commitment to religion and ethnicity.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by ogbonti: 7:37pm On Feb 01
its time we stop this naira fall shennanigans

i remember in the late 80's I had some friends who travlled to Spain and Italy and they came back with the PESO and LIRA

these currencies were 100 times weaker than our naira then BUT Nigerians where busy running to ITALY and SPAIN then to live

So what was the reason for the contradiction ? THE ITALIAN and SPANISH societies were producing things for export which means jobs

IF ONLY we can stop emphasizing on the dollar exchange to the naira and start creating goods and services for export - we will make it

Its like one is suffering from malaria and you keep focusing on the symptoms like head ache and high temperature when the real disease

is the parasite causing the malaria --- guys start creating things people want in NIGERIA and all over the world and build your own economy

we focus on the wrong things in NIGERIA - haba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by EmmyMaestro(m): 7:37pm On Feb 01
RepoMan007:
Gathering momentum and grace for the 2k mark. God pls "safe" us.

Now Nigerians will know the meaning of So Help Me God
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Bluearrow: 7:38pm On Feb 01
Throwback:
Let them keep speculating and buying.

What would piss me off is if the Tinubu regime does not have an end game that will make those buying dollars and stocking it up, shed bitter tears of regret in the near term.

Even as a layman, I know series of actions I can take that would make cash dollars start appearing in refuse dumps in Nigeria as they would have become so useless to those stocking it up outside of the banking system, while those who have them in their domiciliary accounts will be offloading them within the approved banking currency exchange the sooner they get foreign remittances only into such accounts.
I pity u
You think politicians care about u?
Tell me one thing that has ever gone up in this country and reverse back to normal? How much are u buying fuel now? If in 2020 during covid 19 period, someone had told u fuel will sell for 700 naira in 2024, would u have believed it? What we are experiencing now is still good. Dollar to naira will reach 5k per dollar before 2030, mark this post!

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by studyless123: 7:39pm On Feb 01
Throwback:

What would piss me off is if the Tinubu regime does not have an end game that will make those buying dollars and stocking it up, shed bitter tears of regret in the near term.

Even as a layman, I know series of actions I can take that would make cash dollars start appearing in refuse dumps in Nigeria as they would have become so useless to those stocking it up outside of the banking system, while those who have them in their domiciliary accounts will be offloading them within the approved banking currency exchange the sooner they get foreign remittances only into such accounts.

People are not really stocking USD like before. The USD is not there for the economy. Did you read the reports on the fx reserve?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by orikoku: 7:39pm On Feb 01
Na statistics we go chop? It about to go down.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Bullet01(f): 7:40pm On Feb 01
E don finally fall for ground yakata
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by hansomb: 7:40pm On Feb 01
May the fall of naira favour me and my family. Ameen

5 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by patrickcollins: 7:40pm On Feb 01
fuckJones:
The naira has gained about N200/$ within 15 minutes against the Dollar.
As dem dey rush post bad news, make we sef dey rush post good news.
Which good news that Tinubu met Naira to dollar at #600 but has taken it to #1500 in just 6 months i thought he is a first class economist graduate from Chicago and he built Lagos alone and equally hit the ground running my foot. Buhari will be better than this clueless president

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Franking: 7:40pm On Feb 01
Thanks to Tinubu and his cronies. I hope we are all enjoying the ride.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by nnamokenna(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01
Throwback:

Thank God Tinubu is not a layman like you. Have you forgotten that he is said to be an "accountant" who changed the fortunes of Mobil when he was their "accountant"?
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by lastkingsman: 7:41pm On Feb 01
ednut1:
Import dependent with no alternative to oil revenue

Oil revenue has been mortgaged oh, it's finished
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by ecomalchemistt(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01
Na so oooo
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Splashme: 7:43pm On Feb 01
Sad
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Benwallt(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01
Dollar dollar everywhere.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by spartachico(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01
Shettima raise ham raise ham
DatNiggaDaz:
Lift the standing Robinhöod abi na hoodman up grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by spartachico(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01
hansomb:
May the fall of naira favour me and my family. Ameen
lol amen

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by spencekat(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01
Holders of dollars will be laughing now
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by erniok(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01
fuckJones:
The naira has gained about N200/$ within 15 minutes against the Dollar.
As dem dey rush post bad news, make we sef dey rush post good news.
The op is still in yesterday. Naira has appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by pacesetting: 7:46pm On Feb 01
Are you talking to people who are buying goods in dollars or those who are running away for medicals or education?

Just like Crude oil and power, the elites control the dollar market.

Stop dreaming and wake up to realize that those surrounding Tinubu are the elites.

Unfortunately, Tinubu is also one of them.

Throwback:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by risos(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01
Buy made in Nigeria
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Yorubafonja: 7:46pm On Feb 01
I blame ewedu for this
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by shortIGBOman: 7:48pm On Feb 01
Wallade:

CBN should withdraw all the licences of BDC operators asap.

Una go wail tire. Northerners don carry their Dollars enter house. grin grin grin

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by bigiyaro(m): 7:48pm On Feb 01
It can move to #5000/$1, fx no dey gree for anybody, it can't be covered nor denied, it reflects the nonsensical policies and how dull the government of any country is. Strong local currency equals dynamic and purposeful leadership, valueless currency reflects the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Honestey: 7:48pm On Feb 01
When naira reach $1 = N5000 wake me up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Shortage Forces Banks To Boycott CBN Dollar Sale / Fidelity Bank CEO, Nneka Onyeali-ikpe, Emerges Anambra Woman Of The Year / Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.