Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market (19254 Views)

Naira Hits Record Low Of N1,348.63 /$1 At The Official Market / Naira Hits All-Time Low Of ₦1,152/$1 In Black Market / Naira Falls To All-time Low Of 527 Naira To A Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Temi2468: 7:50pm On Feb 01
fuckJones:
The naira has gained about N200/$ within 15 minutes against the Dollar.
As dem dey rush post bad news, make we sef dey rush post good news.

One step forward, 100 steps backward!

Na 15mins news go cure the naira sickness.

We too dey play for this country.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Blitzking: 7:50pm On Feb 01

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by sportskid(m): 7:53pm On Feb 01
fuckJones:

There is no appreciation anywhere. That is just propaganda. Even then it was $1455 which is still very terrible. Everyone must admit that this government is an epic disasters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by CockPit: 7:53pm On Feb 01
Ogene001:

Tinubu stockpile more than any other person. Be thinking that these people care about your well-being

Him nor understand the game.

He thinks Tinubu gives a rat-ass about Nigeria.

I have learned never to trust any Nigerian politician.

The same Tinubu who enthroned Buhari and kept quiet for 8 years while Buhari raped and destroyed Nigeria.
Waiting for Tinubu's end game is like waiting to see a virgin for Lekki!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by masseratti: 7:54pm On Feb 01
RepoMan007:
Gathering momentum and grace for the 2k mark. God pls "safe" us.
i don't understand if you guys think at 2k it will stop falling wait till it reach 1m naira to a dollar u Wil know that there is no end to this if a drastic painful policy is not implemented.. Or else start thinking of moving to Benin Republic, CFa is way better than naira now.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Jemex003: 7:55pm On Feb 01
TruthsFM:
It will soon hit #2k per dollar. Tinubu bad economic policies destroyed Nigeria economy.

Zombie that’s the news you all wanted everyday. Dollar dollar dollar!!!!!! Did you see Asian countries cry about Dollar or Euro?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by lwisee: 7:56pm On Feb 01
We are our own problem, here is the true value of Naira this evening.
Speculators will grand Nigerian Economy soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by CorrectionFLuid: 7:57pm On Feb 01
Throwback:
Let them keep speculating and buying.

What would piss me off is if the Tinubu regime does not have an end game that will make those buying dollars and stocking it up, shed bitter tears of regret in the near term.

Even as a layman, I know series of actions I can take that would make cash dollars start appearing in refuse dumps in Nigeria as they would have become so useless to those stocking it up outside of the banking system, while those who have them in their domiciliary accounts will be offloading them within the approved banking currency exchange the sooner they get foreign remittances only into such accounts.

Oshe, Oya go and apply for CBN governor position. Enwe

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by CockPit: 7:57pm On Feb 01
I love what is going on. A big lesson for people wey carry tribalism and religion for heads.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by PrinceOfLagos: 7:58pm On Feb 01
Throwback:

What would piss me off is if the Tinubu regime does not have an end game that will make those buying dollars and stocking it up, shed bitter tears of regret in the near term.

Even as a layman, I know series of actions I can take that would make cash dollars start appearing in refuse dumps in Nigeria as they would have become so useless to those stocking it up outside of the banking system, while those who have them in their domiciliary accounts will be offloading them within the approved banking currency exchange the sooner they get foreign remittances only into such accounts.
Tinubu stockpiled more dollars than all the bureau de change in Lagos combined

Tinubu has failed disgracefully

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by lwisee: 7:59pm On Feb 01
Jemex003:

Zombie that’s the news you all wanted everyday. Dollar dollar dollar!!!!!! Did you see Asian countries cry about Dollar or Euro?

Just leave them, we are all in it together.
And if they don't wish Nigeria well because they've escaped to the UK,
IT WILL NOT BE WELL WITH THEM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by lwisee: 8:01pm On Feb 01
mutvy:
By December 2024,a dollar will be 3 000 naira.
Go and write it down. Then Nigerian living below 1 dollar a day will be more than 80%.

So this is your wish for your beloved country.
I pity you and your family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Maxxim: 8:02pm On Feb 01
Crystalline:

Create a thread for this
Why are other currency rate still the same
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Okechinwadike: 8:04pm On Feb 01
RepoMan007:
Gathering momentum and grace for the 2k mark. God pls "safe" us.
please stop disturbing innocent God and blame agbadorians abegi

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by pirofx: 8:04pm On Feb 01
nothing concern crypto or forex traders, steady cashout

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by nedekid: 8:06pm On Feb 01
Throwback:

Even the politicians you so loyally defend are the ones doing the big dollar speculation. De play.
Some of us knew and even predicted it here that naira will tank against the dollar immediate the new regime took over. It's was easy to predict. Why? Common sense. All the monies alleged to have been warehoused by politicians expecially the ruling party for the elections but could not be used because of Emefieles new naira policy, would put pressure as those money would be converted to dollars for easy handling, movement abroad, to preserve its value. Even oga at the top was rumored to have warehoused 150b. Abi why do you think the rufai and the rest went to court? For the masses? Lol.
Which right headed person will keep his money in Naira with how apc is destroying the country? My paddies 40m, worth $250k 9 years ago is now worth a mere $26k! Last year may I was broke and changed $2k from my dom acct. I got ₦1.4M. Today, not up to 8 months that same $2k is ₦3m! Is this not madness! 2022 october I bought $4k for ₦1.68m today that same money is ₦6m!
Only a crazy person will keep his money in Naira. The government has made Nigerians loose confidence in the naira.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Throwback: 8:06pm On Feb 01
gaby:

Thankfully, you aren't anywhere close to being allowed to be a monetary policy formulator.

This your bricklayer idea wey dey your head go turn the dollar to aba made toilet paper at the speed of light.

So, say I am abroad and sending in my foreign remittance, you'd force me to turn it in so you and your cronies can loot it or else you'd make me trash it. Dey play, you here.

I'll keep my FX where I am domiciled. Come take am from my pocket or bank account.

This same archaic mentality is what the ones up there are playing ping pong with that's causing all these madness.

You think economies run on emotions, tribalism, etc?

You think serious economies allow their citizens to keep foreign currencies in local bank accounts and transfer it about within the same local economy?

Which serious national economy allow the market place selling and buying of dollars that is allowed in Nigeria?

I have lived outside Nigeria and earn money from outside of that country, and as I remitted my foreign income into my local bank account, it stayed as foreign currency until I was ready to convert it to the local currency of that country.

I was not allowed to transfer the dollar or withdraw it cash. I could set it up for the dollar to accrue overtime as an incoming foreign fund without converting to my local current account, but the only transaction I could ever perform on that foreign fund was to convert to local currency fund in my current account.

At other times, I was not even allowed the privilege of accruing the funds, as they got converted to local equivalent in my current account without me having the power to stop it.

This is a country where you cannot see or hear of forex cash trading except at the international airport.

But the thieves in power in Nigeria have allowed all manner of rubbish by themselves and the rest of Nigeria.

Like I posited earlier, just a series of government proclamations and actions, and those hoarding cash dollars will value tissue paper above it, while those stocking up in domiciliary bank accounts would have no use for it but to sell off to the bank once above a reasonable limit for those receiving foreign remittances only.

All domiciliary accounts should be shut down.

Allow the local bank accounts to have an incoming fund feature, that ensures that the only way out is to transfer into the local currency account or external fund wire. And this incoming fund feature should have both a remittance cap of $5000 above which heavy taxes will be incurred on such funds, and a holding duration beyond which the funds will be automatically localised as Naira.

The government is tolerating too much nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by CockPit: 8:07pm On Feb 01
Jimafe31:
Renewed shege banza grin grin grin grin

Where is vulture griller, Helinues and other Homo Erectus promoting the cocaine sniffing criminal as president

Walahi, you be vawulence promax,

The plan on that board is way better than whatever plan Tinubu has for Nigeria.

Fellow Nigerians, I can tell you with relative certainty say we don enter a collective one-chance with Tinubu and APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:07pm On Feb 01
Amm14:

I was surprised after seeing this thread too. I thought naira appreciated after the CBN's order!

You know they enjoy celebrating negative stories about the country.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by FoggedBrain: 8:09pm On Feb 01
Validated:
Prophesy #2 has been fulfilled. Watch as petrol price shift in coming weeks.

https://www.nairaland.com/7955720/2024-predictions-mark-it-down

Oh it's prophesy now. Not prediction anymore. undecided
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Wallade(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01
shortIGBOman:

Una go wail tire. Northerners don carry their Dollars enter house. grin grin grin

They can keep it in the house.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by gaby(m): 8:10pm On Feb 01
Throwback:

You think serious economies allow their citizens to keep foreign currencies in local bank accounts and transfer it about within the same local economy?

Which serious national economy allow the market place selling and buying of dollars that is allowed in Nigeria?

Kindly explain in less than one paragraph how today's Nigeria mirrors or possesses any semblance of a "serious economy".

You have the floor to yourself.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Brushstrokes20: 8:11pm On Feb 01
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it👀👀👀
The shyyythole is a ticking time bomb💣💣💣🔥🔥🔥
# a stitch in time saves nine undecided
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by RepoMan007: 8:14pm On Feb 01
Okechinwadike:
please stop disturbing innocent God and blame agbadorians abegi
What of those who printed raw cash and shared along religious line to spite the infidels?
The head slamming pubic hair on scalp people?
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by bizhop01: 8:17pm On Feb 01
By the time Tinubu is done with Nigeria
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by nedekid: 8:17pm On Feb 01
lwisee:

So this is your wish for your beloved country.
I pity you and your family
You pity his family? Do you know if he even stays in Nigeria? Do you know if he earns his pay in dollars or pounds here in naija? My guy stays in ibadan but earns 4k+ pounds monthly. My blood brother who lives in the US, but here for the last 3 months earns his money in the US but he is here in naija, having so much fun, to go back no sweet am. That ibadan guy now has to change less and less amount monthly, before it was 700 pounds, now he only need to change 200 pounds to get the value of 700 pounds in Naira.
To say you pity him and his family is too weighty. Don't pity people ohh, use that energy on your own circumstance.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Okechinwadike: 8:20pm On Feb 01
RepoMan007:

What of those who printed raw cash and shared along religious line to spite the infidels?
The head slamming pubic hair on scalp people?
all is an avenue to stop APC but agbadorians refused to listen. nobody should blame tinubu, blame agbadorians the are the major cause of Nigeria woes
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:21pm On Feb 01
CockPit:
I love what is going on. A big lesson for people wey carry tribalism and religion for heads.

Bros, out of the three major candidates, can you pick out any of them that didn't play ethnoreligious card at the last election.?
Non of the present politicians care about the people.
Just eye service. We know their backgrounds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by JayPeeOham: 8:21pm On Feb 01
Let somebody shout hallelujah!!! cheesy
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by ddippset(m): 8:25pm On Feb 01
fuckJones:
There will be no good news unless dollar falls back to #600.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by Throwback: 8:25pm On Feb 01
gaby:

Kindly explain in less than one paragraph how today's Nigeria mirrors or possesses any semblance of a "serious economy".

You have the floor to yourself.

It is not a serious economy to have allowed the obvious flaws that sabotage it.

No single economic security is being implemented as far as I am concerned. Our banking systems and forex policies have been deliberately set up to exploit Nigeria rather than protect Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low Of N1,515 /$1 At The Black Market by RepoMan007: 8:26pm On Feb 01
Okechinwadike:
all is an avenue to stop APC but agbadorians refused to listen. nobody should blame tinubu, blame agbadorians the are the major cause of Nigeria woes
even if e reach 2k no alarm.

The naira has just been truly floated. The first floating was audio and meant to scare people into converging the rates but it didn't work. Right now as dollar flows in and demand for foreign goods slow down, it can only get better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Importing From China / Ship Cheaply From the USA, UK And Canada To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Home! / How To Build Your Business From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.