Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Is This Sitting Position Feminine - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This Sitting Position Feminine (60488 Views)

BB Naija's Star, Dorathy Reveals Her Feminine Assets / Beverly Naya Shows Off Her Feminine Assets On Instagram / Here’s What Your Sitting Position Says About Your Personality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by YorubaKing: 12:06am On Feb 02
Obama must be gay! grin

Actually, I don't fancy the sitting position for men.
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by DenreleDave(m): 12:40am On Feb 02
1Sharon:
Yes I believe it's feminine

Says who?

Are ladies supposed to even sit like this with the fact that you are on skirt?

Nigerians go just formulate anything to claim and want to generalize it..
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Sniper101(m): 12:59am On Feb 02
Am sure you sat just like Will Smith here; a posture which exudes gay-ish mannerism, which was why two females called you out on it

PS: am 99.9% certain you didn't sit in any way like Don Corleone did in the picture you trying to explain yourself with.

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by 1Sharon(f): 1:08am On Feb 02
DenreleDave:

Says who?

Are ladies supposed to even sit like this with the fact that you are on skirt?

Nigerians go just formulate anything to claim and want to generalize it..

Why are you taking it personal? Do you sit like that?

Why do you think women typically sit cross legged to begin with? Isn't it to hide their underwear?
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by DenreleDave(m): 2:31am On Feb 02
1Sharon:

Why are you taking it personal? Do you sit like that?

Why do you think women typically sit cross legged to begin with? Isn't it to hide their underwear?

U can't say it is meant for women..

Who said so or you just assumed so bcox of una under wear?

I sit like that and anyhow I like and It's not personal..

If i sit like that and anyone approaches me asking if I am Gay, the kind blow wey I go give am for face ehnnn
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by KuxoMachelini: 3:04am On Feb 02
If your conscience is clear why feel bothered ? Are you gay ?? It's a free world !
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Kingson28: 3:35am On Feb 02
Females started sitting in this position and posture when they began wearing very short and skimpy dresses and skirts.
That sitting position is unladylike.
But it’s okay for males.
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Kaybeth(f): 4:46am On Feb 02
I love to be sitted in this position, however, I think it's disrespectful because of how people perceive it, but what do I care?

1 Like

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Gerard28: 5:41am On Feb 02
GRACEGLORY:

Your elder sister needs to be educated:
So here it is…

Your body communicates nonverbally with each seat you take. This is known as body language.
Powerful individuals occupy more space.
That posture speaks volumes about authority. It might also indicate that you're enclosing yourself in a stronghold.

Ogbeni they are not talking of the space occupied, they are talking about crossing of legs.
Educator
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Psoul(m): 5:58am On Feb 02
In African tradition, it is unacceptable for a woman to cross her legs that way while sitting.
Some believed that it brings bad luck too women.
Some see a woman sitting that way as a wayward woman and the one that lacks respect.

Women are expected to bring their legs together (not crossing it) while in sitting position. Closing their legs together to avoid exposing their laps and eventually their privates.

Modern women started wearing hot mini which makes it difficult for them too sit down without exposing their privates. They now borrowed that men's sitting position to help them lock up their privates even as their laps are totally revealed.

I don't know who is turning the narration to relate the sitting position at feminine or for a guy as a gay.

To me, that position exudes power and confidence. It's purely masculine.
It's also sitting position for tall ppl with long legs especially when sitting on a relatively low seats. That sitting position makes them feel more comfortable and look decent than sitting and throwing long legs apart which makes them look somehow awkward.

1 Like

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by poweredcom(m): 7:18am On Feb 02
Your sister is an empty head who believes everytin that a man does that does not tally with her belief is gay

Mumu ladies of today

2 Likes

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by viexcey(f): 8:13am On Feb 02
As a man you have to relax while sitting like this and as a woman you gats sit up while in this position.
Overall, you attitude defines you in this position.
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by SPAMBOX7: 9:11am On Feb 02
That is a sitting position that exudes arrogance. That's all I know about it. Anything aside that is just some jobless people looking for what to keep their mouth busy
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by TYCO77: 9:15am On Feb 02
[color=#000099][/color]
drimzsmoke:
My elder sister always complain each time I'm seated this way, she says it's a sitting posture for gay men.
Some weeks back, we had a meeting at work. Where I was seated in the conference room, a lady worked up to me and asked why I was seated that way. I went online and downloaded this image from the godfather movie and showed it to her.
So seriously, is this sitting posture gay-like

Noway, it is not a sitting posture for gays rather it is a sitting position of an individual or personality that is in-charge. It portrays a sense of confidence.
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by TYCO77: 9:34am On Feb 02
[color=#000099][/color]
Dminister:
Oga sit the way you like and just stop worrying about what people says. I personally prefer sitting like that because it makes me feel Iike I am in charge, It makes feel like the boss.

That's exactly what it is.
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by xjiggy: 9:55am On Feb 02
That's a Gentleman posture. You can see the hands spread out with bold shoulders and confident look. The attached photo is the feminine posture

1 Like

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Morizo(m): 10:26am On Feb 02
drimzsmoke:
My elder sister always complain each time I'm seated this way, she says it's a sitting posture for gay men.
Some weeks back, we had a meeting at work. Where I was seated in the conference room, a lady worked up to me and asked why I was seated that way. I went online and downloaded this image from the godfather movie and showed it to her.
So seriously, is this sitting posture gay-like

Nothing gay about it. That's my sitting position esp due to my long legs and believe me I love dem gals a lot😊
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Morizo(m): 10:28am On Feb 02
rentAcock:
These pictures actually look masculine because their trousers are loose. But I've seen guys wearing shorts crossing their well lubricated legs. I've also seen guys wearing tight jeans or trousers crossing their legs like this and it really bothers me. I don't think it's gay, rather I feel like guys who cross their legs are conceited and arrogant. It really irks me 😡

A bit prideful, not arrogant. More like alter ego types. Am one
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Coldfire0708: 10:54am On Feb 02
Your sister brain slow sha.

1 Like

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by seanwilliam(m): 10:58am On Feb 02
That’ll have me sitting on my blockos.
grin grin
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Anashe: 1:21pm On Feb 02
Absolutely not.

1 Like

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Anashe: 1:24pm On Feb 02
Psoul:
In African tradition, it is unacceptable for a woman to cross her legs that way while sitting.
Some believed that it brings bad luck too women.
Some see a woman sitting that way as a wayward woman and the one that lacks respect.

Women are expected to bring their legs together (not cruising it) while in sitting position. Closing their legs together to avoid exposing their laps and eventually their privates.

Modern women started wearing hot mini which makes it difficult for them too sit down without exposing their privates. They now borrowed that men's sitting position to help them lock up their privates even as their laps are totally revealed.

I don't know who is turning the narration to relate the sitting position at feminine or for a guy as a gay.

To me, that position exudes power and confidence. It's purely masculine.
It's also sitting position for tall ppl with long legs especially when sitting on a relatively low seats. That sitting position makes them feel more comfortable and look decent than sitting and throwing long legs apart which makes them look somehow awkward.

Lol. They will soon tell us how to breathe.
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Nwaiyoo: 2:08pm On Feb 02
Yes
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by jomarick(m): 3:01pm On Feb 02
Wait Ooo! How do you guys cross your legs like that without suffocating your balls. I can only place my heel on my knee.
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by rowlandwhy: 4:30pm On Feb 02
all the guys here, saying i like seating on this position but i like woman, why are you gay cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by donsheddy1(m): 4:48pm On Feb 02
People who know me well knows that once I'm seated in this position, You better be careful with the words you speak. That position commands respect. It says a lot.

1 Like

Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Psoul(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03
Anashe:

Lol. They will soon tell us how to breathe.

Must you always argue even on those things you knew that are true?
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Flamemignon1(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03
Sniper101:
Am sure you sat just like Will Smith here; a posture which exudes gay-ish mannerism, which was why two females called you out on it

PS: am 99.9% certain you didn't sit in any way like Don Corleone did in the picture you trying to explain yourself with.
Oh for Bleep sakes,this is the problem with gender mannerisms and norms, it's just downright and plain dumb,look at how you estimated someone's masculinity with how they sit because Al Pacino is seen as a masculine man in the godfather and will Smith doesn't because of his personal life? Can you look at how problematic and downright dumb that is? I know gay men who don't sit that way and straight men who do
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Wotowotoman: 6:28pm On Feb 03
seanwilliam:
That’ll have me sitting on my blockos.
grin grin

Blockos wey you don use soapy finish abi? cheesy grin
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Coolgent(m): 7:05pm On Feb 03
GRACEGLORY:

Your elder sister needs to be educated:
So here it is…

Your body communicates nonverbally with each seat you take. This is known as body language.
Powerful individuals occupy more space.
That posture speaks volumes about authority. It might also indicate that you're enclosing yourself in a stronghold.

Well said.
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Sniper101(m): 11:38pm On Feb 03
Flamemignon1:

Oh for Bleep sakes,this is the problem with gender mannerisms and norms, it's just downright and plain dumb,look at how you estimated someone's masculinity with how they sit because Al Pacino is seen as a masculine man in the godfather and will Smith doesn't because of his personal life? Can you look at how problematic and downright dumb that is? I know gay men who don't sit that way and straight men who do

You know,
I was just about to say something
And then I remembered you're gay
So I've chosen not to say anything
Re: Is This Sitting Position Feminine by Flamemignon1(m): 4:12am On Feb 04
Sniper101:

You know,
I was just about to say something
And then I remembered you're gay
So I've chosen not to say anything
Says the guy wearing jewelry,if we were even to go by your logic,you are not a masculine man lol and that pose said it all but please say what you want, don't let my fragile mind repel your heteronormative views, it's 2024

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Owl They Killed At Ikotun Market This Morning / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality / Ghost Caught on Camera in kano Burning? [ see photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.