Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele (22048 Views)

FG Can’t Recruit Area Boys To Collect Taxes – Taiwo Oyedele / Marketers Disagree With Taiwo Oyedele On Refineries Sale / President Buhari’s Parting Tax Gift To Nigerians By Taiwo Oyedele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by tomoregie: 11:02pm On Feb 01
99% of Osun State and Ogun State work for the State Government grin grin grin Na lie?
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Ofodirinwa: 11:04pm On Feb 01
hopexter:

Where did you find the insult?

'81% of working nigerians don't add value to the economy'. This is while dropping the naira to 1500 for the first time in history
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Madups(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01
Useless talk from the mouth of a very useless epa wey nor wan respect himself.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Cmeo(m): 11:09pm On Feb 01
No lie nah, especially in the services part of the economy.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Larryndelaw: 11:12pm On Feb 01
madridguy:
Another useless talk as usual. Did any Nigeria leader ever make Nigeria an enabling environment for the citizens to grow? Capital No..

You don't give us good and motorable roads.

You don't give us good security of our lives and properties.

Same government still allow thugs, herdsmen, Boko Haram, and many more to be killing us..

You rogues cannot provide good medical facilities for us Nigerians but you jump around enjoying what other leaders provided for their country... Shame on you all.
what are youndoing to add value to the economy
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Shattuck(m): 11:14pm On Feb 01
Kenochi:
Hmmmm,my people this is a serious food for thought
I know that I have a different opinion from Mr Oloyede but I beg to agree with him on a very salient point
The first question that we need to ask ourselves for the purpose of this thread is what does Mr Oloyede mean by the productive sector of our Economy and non productive sector(even though gainfully employed)

1) Productive Sector
This group of people are those with a living wage or income.This group of people form the nexus of tax paying citizens.They are found in all sectors of the Economy including the service, manufacturing, Exploration, Education, Finance, Information Technology etc
I daresay that this individuals form less than 15% of Nigeria's working class

2) "Non productive Sector"
These are individuals that find themselves in organisations or Businesses that are either paid close to nothing or better still businesses that are always struggling to break even
These group of people are not cast under the tax net and living from day to day
Funny Enough,it is not a matter of profession.it is just that they find themselves in organisations that are very poorly funded or shylock owners who take advantage of their workers

I remember when I was privileged to work in a Big Multinational Oil and Gas company,I came across some welders working for that company,I daresay that those guys probably earned more than some individuals doing white collared jobs
If those same individuals took their services to another company,they might not earn up 30% of the company paid
My point is this,the way our Economy is structured it will keep producing non productive people because the opportunities for more people to earn living wages is shrinking daily

Still selling the cheapest land at Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub, kindly click on my signature for more details

I think your number two illustration describes those who are underpaid, being underpaid does not make you unproductive, welding is a skilled job anywhere providing they are working if their pay does not match the work done then they are under-employed and not unproductive, secondly his 4 percent underlayment statictics is false I guess he got that figure from the fake one NBS published when the claimed they changed the criteria for describing unemployment.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by BluntCrazeMan: 11:20pm On Feb 01
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/81-of-working-nigerians-dont-add-value-to-the-economy-presidential-team/

THEY JUST STARTED UNDERSTANDING WHAT PETER-OBI MEANT BY PRODUCTIVITY ALL THESE WHILE.??..

Ok naa.
Now that you have discovered...

IT IS NOW TIME TO CONVERT THEIR CURRENT NON-PRODUCTIVE (CONSUMPTIVE) EMPLOYMENTS, AND MAKE THEIR EMPLOYMENTS PRODUCTIVE..

These people are really so slow.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by zinaunreal(m): 11:33pm On Feb 01
Shey una vote Tinubu. He is just getting started grin
Yoruba and aboki sentimentality 😆 una go hear am. Body go tell you 😆
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by ultimateprof: 11:46pm On Feb 01
The most useless government ever. Animals dey wear agbada!
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by blowjohn(m): 11:48pm On Feb 01
They are in the Yahoo pool and swimming pools shouting in burns boy's voice... 'I need igbo and shayo' grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by blowjohn(m): 11:50pm On Feb 01
tomoregie:
99% of Osun State and Ogun State work for the State Government grin grin grin Na lie?

Wetin u go talk about benin?

90 percent dey work for beer parlours grin grin grin
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by bdon123(m): 11:54pm On Feb 01
Did this fool jst put unemployment figure at 4%?he dey mad ni?unemployment rate 4% in naija?this bastard dey even compare am to us and uk rate
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by oyeb15: 12:39am On Feb 02
He said unemployment rate is 5%.... imagine.hes high on weed.

Unemployment rate in Nigeria is like 70%.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Pinkybush: 1:03am On Feb 02
Does the 81% even benefit anything from the government?
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by finallybusy: 1:45am On Feb 02
If they are paid salaries, they are taxed. Who is this one who never studied economics?
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by oluwaahmed: 1:50am On Feb 02
Another fool occupying a position because of his tribe now trying to kiss ass to maintain his position. There no way on earth nigerias unemployment is 4% and we are the poorest in the world. How possible is it that we unproductive but our GNP was $492bn as at Dec 31 2022 and cumulative IGR for 36 states was 2 trillion naira. Oga keep this talk for your ronu townhall
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Dennisochampa: 2:03am On Feb 02
How do you expect them to add value to the economy when they can barely add value to their own lives.... How much do they get paid that will be enough to add value to their lives and then to the economy??
Na who chop belle full dey add value to economy
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by lawani: 2:59am On Feb 02
It is their working place they may not be adding value to and not the economy
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Benjaminy: 3:16am On Feb 02
81% of working Nigerians ain't represented by Nigerians working for the Federal Government, which is where you'll find the most ridiculous work ethics.
Now,even in the Government sector, let's start from the top. The President, the VP and all the political office holders, actually take from the economy instead of adding value. They're actually the ones paralysing the economy, and they ain't working
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by GodisFirst: 3:23am On Feb 02
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/81-of-working-nigerians-dont-add-value-to-the-economy-presidential-team/

100% of those earning fat salaries in government are not adding values, 100% of the politicians in government now are just wasting the nation's money because they are clueless.
They need to slash their salaried by 70%.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Asswipemod: 3:32am On Feb 02
ogododo:

Yes ooooo!!!!! E.g Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg!🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by lawani: 4:00am On Feb 02
Benjaminy:
81% of working Nigerians ain't represented by Nigerians working for the Federal Government, which is where you'll find the most ridiculous work ethics.
Now,even in the Government sector, let's start from the top. The President, the VP and all the political office holders, actually take from the economy instead of adding value. They're actually the ones paralysing the economy, and they ain't working
But they have a paid job which makes them believe that they are working. People like me whose business was pulled down and income blocked for doing the right thing while I continue to work nonstop are regarded as jobless
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by VULCAN(m): 4:20am On Feb 02
Including ALL politicians and lawmakers
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Benjaminy: 4:44am On Feb 02
lawani:

But they have a paid job which makes them believe that they are working. People like me whose business was pulled down and income blocked for doing the right thing while I continue to work nonstop are regarded as jobless

My dear, it is what it is. This is Nigeria.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Kaybeth(f): 4:55am On Feb 02
This is nonsense, when you employ people based on sentiments such as religion, tribe, friendship, family basically the "man know man" thing. You really expect people who do not merit a position to add value, really?? Let's say some of your faves employed have something to offer, have you provided them with the enabling grounds to do so?? Moreso, you who's incharge, what impact have you made, from where I see it, it seems you only teach your employees to steal government funds instead of giving back. Tufiakwa
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Bigboytinz: 4:58am On Feb 02
mechanics:
Hmmmm, that's not what he's saying, if you are contributing to the economy, it should be inform of taxes, so i disagree with what he's saying.
not inform if taxes . Go read again
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Cromagnon: 5:05am On Feb 02
immortalcrown:
This is true about government workers.

Over 90% of the workers in local government secretariats do nothing apart from gossip. They just earn monthly salary without generating any revenue for the secretariats. I see no difference between them and ghost workers.

Most of the workers in Exams and Records in public universities do nothing apart from gossip. Students queue for payment invoice and queue again for signature after payment. But after final-year exam, the same students will gather all the receipts for paid fees and move from one office to another for clearance. What then do the workers in the Records office do if they can't prepare lists of those who are owing and those who have paid? The students will also move from one office to another, trying to get their results. There are many workers in the office but students queue for not just hours but for days behind the office windows while the workers sluggishly attend to the students.

I know a public secondary school in which SS1, SS2 and SS3 had only one Maths teacher. The same teacher was a lecturer in a State Polytechnic. One SS1 set saw the teacher only 4 times in 3 years (as the set moved from SS1 to SS3). The teacher taught the set Maths twice in SS1 and once in SS2. The 4th time was when the teacher entered the SS3 class once to advise the students to go to lesson centres to prepare for WEAC and NECO. Imagine a teacher being the one telling students to go to lesson centres.
jeez
Wahala
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Cromagnon: 5:10am On Feb 02
madridguy:
Another useless talk as usual. Did any Nigeria leader ever make Nigeria an enabling environment for the citizens to grow? Capital No..

So you're waiting for one man who doesn't know you to make environment enabling
Can you see the low value statement you just made that he is talking about
You don't give us good and motorable roads.

Give
Nothing is given
Or is taken you lazybones

You don't give us good security of our lives and properties.

Continue waiting for give you hear
Did govt give you water or rent or shoes or phone
Why didn't you wait for them to give you these things

Same government still allow thugs, herdsmen, Boko Haram, and many more to be killing us..

Are they spirits
Are they not men like you
It is a coats place to be a slave

You rogues cannot provide good medical facilities for us Nigerians but you jump around enjoying what other leaders provided for their country... Shame on you all.
continue waiting for other men to give you facilities you hear.

Name one thing other leaders provided. One

Watch as you will start foaming at the mouth instead of mentioning one thing
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by hardon1(m): 5:51am On Feb 02
Where did he get the 4.2% unemployment rate from. Many of these people see Nigeria within their immediate space. They don't know what's happening in the country

1 Like

Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Zeebuy: 6:28am On Feb 02
Ofodirinwa:
Nigerian gov always resorts to insulting citizens when they fail

The animal even said Nigeria's unemployment rate is 4.1%
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Oneday82: 6:30am On Feb 02
It's only a school in the South East Called IMT Enugu can be reference to this.

They will frustrate you to the point of giving up. Very unfair of them.

The worst is the huge amount they charge you for your certificate ..

All the government institutions and agencies are not doing anything aside gossiping and trade. Some have turned their various offices to business environment where they sells cloth, dried Fish etc.

The worst is their age is nothing to write home about, wish government can lay all of them off and Inject new blood into the system... Trust me, you will see how effective and productive Nigeria will become.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by 2mch(m): 6:31am On Feb 02
I think Tinubu need to direct Minister of Information to handle all the Press Briefings because a lot of these fools lack wisdom when they want to talk. They just talk anyhow like they are mad. See a so called tax expert? They are so excited about where they are now that they lack decorum and ability to manage their own success with humility.

Let them keep mum and all information to the Press should be directed to Minister of Information or someone from Information Ministry should be posted to all these key people to help with arranging their speeches. This guy and Keyamo talk like they did not teach them from home how to talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’ll Allow APC Elect Senate President – PDP / Crowd Hails Enugu Governor As He Visits Kenyatta Market (Pictures) / Iskilu Wakili: Detained OPC Operatives Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.