Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele (22010 Views)

FG Can’t Recruit Area Boys To Collect Taxes – Taiwo Oyedele / Marketers Disagree With Taiwo Oyedele On Refineries Sale / President Buhari’s Parting Tax Gift To Nigerians By Taiwo Oyedele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by pacespot(m): 7:07am On Feb 02
I think he is talking about civil servants and other workers in government offices. I think government work in this country should be a part-time work so as to allow those people engage in other productive activities after office.

This will more importantly help government to reduce spending on their salaries.

1 Like

Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by acorntree(m): 7:31am On Feb 02
Jlow2:
No miracle can happen in Nigeria, it’s gone for good, before end of the year cement will be 10k per bag, dollar will be above 3k, nothing will work because it’s built on lies and deceit, that is why the good , upright and sincere people can not prosper in Nigeria, no matter the grammar and policy put in place it will not work,it is so because it’s same ruling class, eg a former accountant general looted over 300billion , he hosted a party in his house when he was granted bail, emeifele looted trillions operated over 500 accounts , he is in his house watching Afcon with expensive luxury wines,beta Edu diverted 3billion , she is in her house doing make up, these re what the system sees as upright people, examples 2, uae arrested sum terrorist sponsors in dubai linked to boko haram and jailed them, later named their collaborators in Nigeria that operate bureau the change through which the launder money, none of them were arrested , or persecuted talk more of been in jail, they re all sleeping well in their air conditioned houses in abuja, example 3, the billions fg used to rescue dangote refinery , imagine it was used to promote small and medium enterprises, share it to a million youths that are into sme and each indirectly employs 5persons do you know what it means, instead it was giving to one person that will not will not employ more than 5000 Nigerians, the fuel price will not go down, he will not by Nigerian crude, and he will still source the scare dollar in Nigeria to buy American crude , putting more pressure on naira, Labourer’s in core northern states now travel to Niger republic to look for jobs , because naira is now worthless to cfa, Nigeria is now a laughing stock in comity of nations, for those whom think prayers will save Nigeria re wasting their time, majority of Indians and Chinese re Hindu and Buddhist , but have sent people to space, all have good economy, giving good lives to their people,but Nigeria remains one of the most unfortunate country in the world despite blessed with natural and human resource

Chai?? We are finished. Those morons in power should come to nairaland to read this. What's the hope for an average Nigerian?
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by NaMe4: 7:45am On Feb 02
Oyedele said while the unemployment rate in Nigeria is relatively low at 4.2%, . . .

This opening Lie revealed this guy had nothing to say.

Maybe we need a new definition for unemployment and working age population.

In 2022, Nigeria's unemployment rate was 37%. What happened or changed making the rate as low as 4.2%?

How many Large Companies/Establishments, foreign and local shut down in the last six months?

Are we to blame the reducing standard of life, increasing rate of mental illnesses, increasing crime waves on the unproductivity of 81% of the employed population?
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Ayodele1987(m): 7:47am On Feb 02
What impact did you want me to do to nigeria economy when my salary is 40k per month.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Moneyboyz: 8:25am On Feb 02
Keep sending your future generations to almajiri schools and see what they become in the next 10 years.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by eteba(m): 8:58am On Feb 02
Sorry sir,it's actually 93%. I just did a thorough background check.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Interesting2023: 9:06am On Feb 02
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/81-of-working-nigerians-dont-add-value-to-the-economy-presidential-team/

The worst event to befall a country is the 2023 general election where the dumbest set of individuals were entrusted with the future of a country with over 200 million people....So disheartening
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by aylipple: 9:13am On Feb 02
My advice: before you react based on the headline item, please, do yourself a favour and read the news body in full; it's concise, self-explanatory and educative.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by stacyadams: 9:27am On Feb 02
99.9% of naija politicians don't add value to naija economy in all ramifications

1 Like

Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by MeineMutter: 9:55am On Feb 02
immortalcrown:
This is true about government workers.

Over 90% of the workers in local government secretariats do nothing apart from gossip. They just earn monthly salary without generating any revenue for the secretariats. I see no difference between them and ghost workers.

Most of the workers in Exams and Records in public universities do nothing apart from gossip. Students queue for payment invoice and queue again for signature after payment. But after final-year exam, the same students will gather all the receipts for paid fees and move from one office to another for clearance. What then do the workers in the Records office do if they can't prepare lists of those who are owing and those who have paid? The students will also move from one office to another, trying to get their results. There are many workers in the office but students queue for not just hours but for days behind the office windows while the workers sluggishly attend to the students.

I know a public secondary school in which SS1, SS2 and SS3 had only one Maths teacher. The same teacher was a lecturer in a State Polytechnic. One SS1 set saw the teacher only 4 times in 3 years (as the set moved from SS1 to SS3). The teacher taught the set Maths twice in SS1 and once in SS2. The 4th time was when the teacher entered the SS3 class once to advise the students to go to lesson centres to prepare for WEAC and NECO. Imagine a teacher being the one telling students to go to lesson centres.

You are on point. Absolutely correct. And if you say government should prone down staff, some people will say what do we eat families of those affected to eat.
We need to automate a lot of things in government sectors. Automation will help improve efficiency and transparency and even bring in more money that are being stolen by these pseudo-ghost workers.

A friend of us, who was working with a local government, asked us to help review his cv for an application to a new role outside civil service then.
When we were discussing his job description, I was perplexed to see what he has been doing for the past 11 years he had joined a local government.
Parts of his job description was to issue staff ID card to new joiners. It’s just to issue and write down names of them ni o. Not to print ID card o. Another one was to check log book of youth corpers and to go to 5-days market to sell local government receipts.
He too knew he was just wasting his time there.
Government jobs like this have made a lot of people to be too laid back. They rely on their salaries and some kickbacks from their job.

Go to immigration office. A command of 300 staff is not supposed to be more than 15.
They do nothing than carrying files around, gisting, gossiping, and sleeping with themselves - the same thing across all government offices.

Our governors too don’t help. Once they get to power, they employ more people just to show that they gave job to people during their own tenure so that citizen can be praising them. This has made us to have bloated civil service, with recurrent expenditure running into billions monthly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Bahdguyishere: 10:05am On Feb 02
atiku4President:
Ask yourself if government has provided them with the necessary materials and trainings to deliver on their jobs. Do they even have offices and laboratories to work? Okay, is that the reason you have not taken their plight seriously?
Infact Government will impregnate your wife for you. You better go and add value to this your life, because if you don't...hmmm I won't talk
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Lovit(m): 10:13am On Feb 02
he go explain tire

This is what happens when you falsify unemployment rate figures

4.2% kee you dere!
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by Rumundele(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02
You are just exposing your flaws, looking at one side without thinking how it started.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by mechanics(m): 7:15pm On Feb 02
Bigboytinz:
not inform if taxes . Go read again
I have read it.
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by itzadorable333: 9:10pm On Feb 03
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/81-of-working-nigerians-dont-add-value-to-the-economy-presidential-team/
it was once 'Youths in Nigeria are Lazy...'. Now it's this... We are gradually getting there...
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by tomoregie: 1:09am On Feb 04
blowjohn:

Wetin u go talk about benin?

90 percent dey work for beer parlours grin grin grin

hotel, tony kabaka work and Italy visa runs grin

1 Like

Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by blowjohn(m): 8:35am On Feb 04
tomoregie:

hotel, tony kabaka work and Italy visa runs grin

Bro ur mouth harsh o grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by RepoMan007: 9:34am On Feb 04
EKONGKING:
What is this 4.2 unemployment ,when NBS changed definition to include people who work for just 1 hour a week as employed .

You will always get underemployed people .

Tomorrow , if North Korean leader changes definition that any worker who worked for a hour in his life as employed , North Korea will be a paradise like Nigeria .

I pity Kim Jong Un advisors ,when he hears that a black African has invented this unique format of unemployment ,which his advisors could not .

So i join my fellow Nigerians in offering prayers and condolences to Kim advisors .

We all, like being fools in Nigeria .
I know it used to be 30 something before. With this demonic definition, you can break melon seed(egusi) for one hour a week and be termed a gainfully employed person.
They changed the definition to allow more idle hands become employed, same way we have varying common entrance exam cutoff. Lol.

Propaganda**
Re: 81% Of Working Nigerians Don’t Add Value To The Economy – Taiwo Oyedele by adekolaelect(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08
ivolt:

Yes, it is all about income.
If a buyer is willing to pay for a goods or services without being coerced.
The supplier is 100% productive.

Teaching and Manufacturing are the only productive sectors?
This must be a joke.

I suppose, drivers, doctors, farmers and traders are all parasites right?
I wonder who is paying the parasites?

If you build a huge factory and manufacture millions of items that nobody wants,
you are the parasite. An truck pusher is more productive than you are in such case
even though you are a "manufacturer".

If we are to go by your logic, Nigeria's GDP should about be about $50 billion dollar
since your non-parasitic manufacturing sectors contributes less than 10% to our GDP.
Teaching doesn't even make a dent.

Oga listen before comment . We are talking about government civil servant not general

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima / VP Elect Osinbajo Hosts A Special 'Thank You Dinner' In Lagos(Photos) / Court Stops Abia CJ, Others From Swearing In Ogah Till July 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.