Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters (19767 Views)

Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / Dieziani Allison-Madueke Visits Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Ovularia: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2011
Exposed: Oil Minister Allison Madueke Buys 20 Million Euro Mansion In Vienna, Austria-EFCC Take Note
Posted: November 8, 2011 - 12:18

The original text by "Heute" newspaper
[size=13pt]The real HEUTE article can be seen on page 11 of http://www.heute.at/epaper/epa7446,1036[/size]

By Uzoma Ahamefule
Mr. President Sir and Fellow Nigerians, it is yet another shame of insult in far away Vienna, Austria, Europe. According to a shocking bomb revelation by a free daily newspaper in Vienna, Austria called “Heute”, there is a secret mansion villa worth 20 million euro bought by the current oil minister Mrs Allison Madueke. The headline reads “ Ministerin aus Hungerland Kauft sich 20-Millonen-Villa in Wien” (Female Minister From Hungerland Buys Herself 20 Million Euro Villa In Vienna). As provoking and insulting as this headline yet I have been forced to swallow my pride to say that I am very grateful to “Heute” for the exposure of this unpatriotic display of the oil minister because her behavior is more provoking and insulting than the headline.

Here is the full translated version of the above text as reported by the newspaper:
"Big turbulence about the Nigerian Oil Minister Diezani Allison-Madueke (50)! According to Nigerian media the politician is said to have bought a villa in Vienna for just under 20 Million Euro – even though a major part of the population in her home country is living below the poverty line and children are dying daily of starvation. The exact location of her luxury lodging is secret, but Allison-Madueke is enthusiastic about the big garden and the estate referring to it in the internet as “architectonic masterpiece”. One of her neighbors is said to be former OPEC boss Rilwanu Lukman who is also from Nigeria."

The "Heute" newspaper said that their news was taken from Nigerian media and I have tried to google such news without success. However, I trust them because they are civilized and cannot publish such damaging news like this one without being sure. Consequently oil minister, we are expecting you to challenge the newspaper in court and restore your dignity if you say it is not true or bow out from that position peacefully.

Dear Nigerians, we all know how impossible it is for a civil servant to save 20 million euro cash in buying a house. In a developed country like Austria where I am living you cannot live above your income without being questioned by the authority. Therefore, how did the minister get this huge amount of money in buying such a mansion? When did she buy the “Villa”? Could it be before she became a minister or after? Could this be her only mansion outside Nigeria? Is she the only minister or government official involved in this wickedness? If this money should be in Nigeria it will definitely help our economy. With this money factories could be comfortably opened and jobless graduates rooming around the streets gainfully employed and crime reduced.  How did this get exposed you might ask? Nigerians are very curious and furious. Rumor moving round Vienna, Austria has it that the person that helped her in buying the house was not properly settled, therefore “Yawa must gas”.  Those that are praying for Nigeria should please never stop praying because God is in control. Remember our president appealed to us Nigerians to keep on praying for him because he is seeing terrible Goliaths all over Nigeria. Goliaths he said that are ready to kill their father and mother, even their children just to stop his government. Today we can shout hallalujah because one of those Goliaths has been miraculously exposed through our prayers.

Another interesting open secret was the saying that her luxury mansion was close to that of the former oil minister Rilwanu Lukman. What it could mean is that the former ex oil minister's house cannot be at anything less than Allison Madueke's mansion in terms of value and luxury if not more. If this should be a true statement, when did Rilwanu Lukman buy his own mansion? How did he get such money? As a former public office holder he must equally be investigated.

Will EFCC do their job very well? Or are we going to see another probe committee that will never see the light of the day as usual? I weep for my country!
On this note Mr. President Sir, I as a concerned angry Nigerian humbly request for the immediate suspension of this minister, because she will not honorably resign due to the uncivilized way of most Nigerian politicians with regard to past events. I also appeal to Nigerians in Austria through this medium to come together and support a planned peaceful protest by a group of concerned Nigerians. Furthermore, I equally appeal to other Nigerians all over the world to get in touch so that we may have a one day worldwide protest against this shame if possible, because we are all involved.
Mr. President Sir, Nigerians are watching.

Uzoma Ahamefule a concerned Nigerian
Klick here: http://globalreporters1..com
Uzomaah@yahoo.com

The real HEUTE article can be seen on page 11 of http://www.heute.at/epaper/epa7446,1036

http://saharareporters.com/article/exposed-oil-minister-allison-madueke-buys-20-million-euro-mansion-vienna-austria-efcc-take-n

Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by chino24: 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2011
Is this true??
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by nolongTing: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
EFCC? I forgot that institution existed! Well, its an allegation but dose not look too good - I wonder when the corruption and recycling of useless politicians will come to an end.
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Jakumo(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2011
From the layman's obeservations I have made over many years, I arrived at the conclusion that given opportunity to steal vast sums of money, with the assurance that criminal charges are unlikely to be filed, women will go ahead and grab ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE MORE than men presented with the same chance for criminal impunity.

Pondering this further, it occurred to me that African women, traditionally saddled with more of the child-rearing responsibilites than men in most marriages, feel compelled to steal enough to share amongst several generations of their extended family, while men are more inclined to steal only enough to purchase mansions in Europe, and to hire hookers for the rest of their natural lives, which generally amounts to far less cash outlay than the fortunes required to satisfy the industrial-strength gluttony of women who find themselves in similar circumstances.

In short, women are hard-wired to be exponentially greedier, far more selfish, comically vain and single-mindedly ruthless, in comparison to men, whenever the feverish stampede to embezzle or defraud ensues.  The news story in the above post illustrates beautifully the grab-and-gobble mindset of most women who attain political power in Africa, where the chances of criminal indictment are minimal.
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
Nigerians, shine your eyes.

She has gone to buy a magnificient palace in the most peaceful part of earth with our money while we are left to fight over scraps in this hellhole called Nigeria.

Boko Harams are running wild all over the north, butchering people like livestock yet GEJ peeps are purchasing choice props in Dubai and Europe.

I feel the fresh air blowing.
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2011
Remove the oil subsidy so that she can buy more
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by dapachez: 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2011
The original text by "Heute" newspaper

By Uzoma Ahamefule

Mr. President Sir and Fellow Nigerians, it is yet another shame of insult in far away Vienna, Austria, Europe. According to a shocking bomb revelation by a free daily newspaper in Vienna, Austria called “Heute”, there is a secret mansion villa worth 20 million euro bought by the current oil minister Mrs Allison Madueke. The headline reads “ Ministerin aus Hungerland Kauft sich 20-Millonen-Villa in Wien” (Female Minister From Hungerland Buys Herself 20 Million Euro Villa In Vienna). As provoking and insulting as this headline yet I have been forced to swallow my pride to say that I am very grateful to “Heute” for the exposure of this unpatriotic display of the oil minister because her behavior is more provoking and insulting than the headline. 

Here is the full translated version of the above text as reported by the newspaper:
"Big turbulence about the Nigerian Oil Minister Diezani Allison-Madueke (50)! According to Nigerian media the politician is said to have bought a villa in Vienna for just under 20 Million Euro – even though a major part of the population in her home country is living below the poverty line and children are dying daily of starvation. The exact location of her luxury lodging is secret, but Allison-Madueke is enthusiastic about the big garden and the estate referring to it in the internet as “architectonic masterpiece”. One of her neighbors is said to be former OPEC boss Rilwanu Lukman who is also from Nigeria."

The "Heute" newspaper said that their news was taken from Nigerian media and I have tried to google such news without success. However, I trust them because they are civilized and cannot publish such damaging news like this one without being sure. Consequently oil minister, we are expecting you to challenge the newspaper in court and restore your dignity if you say it is not true or bow out from that position peacefully.

Dear Nigerians, we all know how impossible it is for a civil servant to save 20 million euro cash in buying a house. In a developed country like Austria where I am living you cannot live above your income without being questioned by the authority. Therefore, how did the minister get this huge amount of money in buying such a mansion? When did she buy the “Villa”? Could it be before she became a minister or after? Could this be her only mansion outside Nigeria? Is she the only minister or government official involved in this wickedness? If this money should be in Nigeria it will definitely help our economy. With this money factories could be comfortably opened and jobless graduates rooming around the streets gainfully employed and crime reduced.  How did this get exposed you might ask? Nigerians are very curious and furious. Rumor moving round Vienna, Austria has it that the person that helped her in buying the house was not properly settled, therefore “Yawa must gas”.  Those that are praying for Nigeria should please never stop praying because God is in control. Remember our president appealed to us Nigerians to keep on praying for him because he is seeing terrible Goliaths all over Nigeria. Goliaths he said that are ready to kill their father and mother, even their children just to stop his government. Today we can shout hallalujah because one of those Goliaths has been miraculously exposed through our prayers.

Another interesting open secret was the saying that her luxury mansion was close to that of the former oil minister Rilwanu Lukman. What it could mean is that the former ex oil minister's house cannot be at anything less than Allison Madueke's mansion in terms of value and luxury if not more. If this should be a true statement, when did Rilwanu Lukman buy his own mansion? How did he get such money? As a former public office holder he must equally be investigated.

Will EFCC do their job very well? Or are we going to see another probe committee that will never see the light of the day as usual? I weep for my country!
On this note Mr. President Sir, I as a concerned angry Nigerian humbly request for the immediate suspension of this minister, because she will not honorably resign due to the uncivilized way of most Nigerian politicians with regard to past events. I also appeal to Nigerians in Austria through this medium to come together and support a planned peaceful protest by a group of concerned Nigerians. Furthermore, I equally appeal to other Nigerians all over the world to get in touch so that we may have a one day worldwide protest against this shame if possible, because we are all involved.
Mr. President Sir, Nigerians are watching.

Uzoma Ahamefule a concerned Nigerian
Klick here: http://globalreporters1..com
Uzomaah@yahoo.com
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by otokx(m): 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
The petroleum minister is not a civil servant.
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
The Petroleum Minister is NOT a civil servant? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked What is she? Head of department of Petroleum for a private entity that also happens to be called Nigeria?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2011
continue to lament on NL just as u ve seldom done since the forum came into being since 2005.

till we are ready to revolt, come 2093, we may still continue our lamentations without any result
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Rhino5dm: 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
I think she is a public servant.
Kobojunkie:

The Petroleum Minister is NOT a civil servant? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked What is she? Head of department of Petroleum for a private entity that also happens to be called Nigeria?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2011
A civil servant or public servant [/b]is a person in the public sector employed for a government department or agency. The term explicitly excludes the armed services, although civilian officials will work at "Defence Ministry" headquarters. The term always includes the (sovereign) state's employees; whether regional, or sub-state, or even municipal employees are called "civil servants" varies from country to country. In the United Kingdom, for instance, only Crown employees are referred to as civil servants, county or city employees are not.
Many consider the study of civil service to be a part of the field of public administration. Workers in "non-departmental public bodies" (sometimes called "QUANGOs"wink may also be classed as civil servants for the purpose of statistics and possibly for their terms and conditions. Collectively a state's civil servants form[b] its Civil Service or Public Service
cheesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_service
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Beaf: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
Corruption must not be countenanced in any form, but what I find curious is that I cannot find a single link to the so called news article. Not even typing "20 millionen villa in wen" into google produces anything. Did this "news" item drop from the outermost reaches of space? shocked

The other thing that bugs me, is that the address of the said property is also secret! shocked

This is just like the refinery in Indonesia story.

Vultures, your attempt is weak.
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Rhino5dm: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ Kobo

That is not a credible source. Beside did you skip where it says the defination vary from country to country? In Nigeria they are PUBLIC SERVANT. Let it go!.

Public servant n. A person who holds a government position by election or appointment.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

public servant n

1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) an elected or appointed holder of a public office

2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the Austral. and NZ name for civil servant Collins

English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Rhino5dm: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Arosa(m): 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
Has she resigned already?  angry angry angry
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Rhino5dm: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2011

public servant: Definition from Answers.com

Public servant n. A person who holds a government position by election or appointment.

www.answers.com > Home > Library

Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Demdem(m): 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2011
What a man can do, a woman will do better. Na today?
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
Really, we want to damn wikipedia now? Ok.
civil servant - a public official who is a member of the civil service
civil service - government workers; usually hired on the basis of competitive examinations
functionary, official - a worker who holds or is invested with an office

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/civil+servant

Is the above source good enough or are we still going to go round this circle one more time?? grin grin grin grin

Find it hard to believe someone, anyone, would debate the fact that public servant is another name for civil servant.
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Rhino5dm: 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^
Your quote reads. Civil servant-public official . . . .

So,
Civil servant now equates Public official??

OK, whats the difference between Civil and public servant? If any. . .I cant believe you are saying civil and public servants are thesame.

Is a Minister UNDER civil service commission in Nigeria? Stop exposing your shallow knowledge about Nigerian systems.
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Beaf: 10:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
I have used google to search the Heute website and can't even find a single reference to Allison Madueke or "Allison-Madueke" as it is written in the picture below.

You can check for yourself:
http://www.google.com/search?q=maduake+site%3Aheute.at

Why do Nigerians lie so much?

If you look closely at the image, you can see it is photoshopped. The headline is almost on top of the newspaper logo and looks to be floating, cos its at the wrong angle and has the wrong perspective distortion. Na wa for desperation!
Why all the desperate lies?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/567229_The_original_text_by_Heute_newspaper_2_jpg77fc6b78887394cf533df97240c7a1cc
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by egift(m): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^^^
Your quote reads. Civil servant-public official . . . .

So,
Civil servant now equates Public official??

OK, whats the difference between Civil and public servant? If any. . .I cant believe you are saying civil and public servants are thesame.

Is a Minister UNDER civil service commission in Nigeria? Stop exposing your shallow knowledge about Nigerian systems.

^^^ Is she a Private Citizen that is not accountable to government?
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by sartorius(m): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
her profile

Minister of Petroleum Resources

Date of Birth: 06/12/1960
Place of Birth: Port Harcourt, Rivers State

Education: BSc, Architecture, Howard University; MBA, Cambridge University; Architectural Intern, Charles Szoradi Architects.

Career: Project Engineer, American Interior Builders, Washington; Design Coordinator, Furman Construction Management Inc, Rockville, United States; Project Manager, Facilities Planning and Development Department, Howard University; Head, Projects Unit, Shell Petroleum Development Co of Nigeria Ltd, Lagos, 1993-96; various positions (including Head of Corporate Issues Management), Shell, 1996-07; Minister of Transportation, 2007-08; Minister of Mines and Steel Development, 2008-10; appointed Minister of Petroleum Resources, 2010.

Diezani Agama was born on December 6, 1960 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria Her father was Chief Frederick Abiye Agama. She studied architecture in England and then at Howard University in the United States, and worked in USA for some years before returning to Nigeria, joining Shell Petroleum Development Corporation in 1992. In 2002, she attended Cambridge University for her MBA.[1] In April 2006, Shell appointed her its first female Executive Director in Nigeria.[2]

Since 1999 she has been married to Admiral Allison Madueke (retired), one-time Chief of Naval Staff who was at various times governor of Imo and Anambra State.[1]

1 Like

Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by sartorius(m): 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2011
she is no civil servant. However am convinced like almost all other ministers that she has abused her office
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Nov 09, 2011
What is the difference between a civil servant and a public servant? Absolutely nothing. I even gave you there a link from FREEDICTIONARY which YOU freely quoting, claiming the source to be more reliable than wikipedia. Please stop playing word games and move on to the koko of the issue here.

Ministers in Nigeria, appointed by an official elected by the PUBLIC are not accountable to the EMPLOYEES of the one who hired em, i.e, the PUBLIC? She is currently EMPLOYED by the government working in the public sector, and so she is not a civil/public servant? GERROUTAHERE~~!!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by doctokwus: 12:57am On Nov 09, 2011
@Op,u live in Austria where d supposed villa was bought& u are telling d EFCC to investigate,haba! In all EUropean countries,ownership of properties is public record,u jst av to go to d registry & find out who owns what;u can conveniently do that& publish ur findings for us, unless u don't live anywhere near Austria & are carryin out a hatchet job.
Its a known fact that nig govt officials are one of d most corrupt in d world,but we must always ensure that we don't allow some people use that fact to publish unsubstantiated reports,particularly in cases where verification is maybe a few kilometres or evn jst a google click away
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by ektbear: 1:29am On Nov 09, 2011
international thief thief
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by dabrake(m): 1:39am On Nov 09, 2011
I was about to comment not till i saw this
Demdem:

What a man can do, a woman will do better. Na today?
omo, u be winch? How you take thief the exact combination and sequence of words from my mind nah?
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Kx: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2011
When they succeed with subsidy removal, she ll buy the whole of Austria and Switz put together.
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Abujabir24: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
This is ridiculous. Our ministers are busy looting our money. Please fellow nairalanders how do I post a message on the front page this forum? Pls someone should tell me. Thanks
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Jybz: 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2011
and ders Unemployment in her home state, and Nigeria!
God Save Us!
Re: Allison Madueke Buys €20M Mansion In Vienna - Saharareporters by Jybz: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
and ders Unemployment in her state and Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1,000 Defect From APC To PDP In Bayelsa / Ikpeazu Starts The Reconstruction Of Faulks Road Aba / Fayose Receives Rousing Welcome In Ikere Ekiti [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.