Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

My Experience At LASU NIMC Center - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience At LASU NIMC Center (26307 Views)

Exclusive! Education Activist, Nurudeen Omomewa Shot Dead At LASU Gate / Men Selling Drugged 'Pure Water' At LASU Gate Caught, Beaten And Arrested / Afeez Ogunbowale Rapes 2 Muslim Virgins, LASU Students At Gunpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by nedekid: 11:27am On Feb 02
thelegend1:

If you have irrefutable evidence of the bribery going on, go to Nimc website and file a report.
Lol, file report that what happened naa? That he could not wait on the queue like others and had to offer gratification, to the officials to be attend to fast. In short it may be said you corrupted the officials. It would have been different if they charged you to do the nin, they did not. He paid to have preferencial treatment.
NIN in the fist instance that give a whole center just 1 computer to attend to thousands of people thereby making it scarce and thus a money spinning avenue for their staff nko? It is the same nin you want to then report their staff. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by asiga(m): 11:28am On Feb 02
One agency of Government makes something mandatory gives a Nigerian out to another agency of Government for exploitation. Na so Naija dey wired.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Johnson5258: 11:28am On Feb 02
It is quite a sad situation but what I know about some Nigerians is that they don't take some things serious especially government, I did my NIN in the year 2014 that was 10 years ago at Panseke, Abeokuta with just 50 naira for printing of enrolment slip,President Buhari did his own registration after he became president 8 years ago then mandated every Nigerian to enrol and you are just going to enrol now, that's not okay really. Some still doesn't have BVN, it's bad. A stitch in time saves nine.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by FireUpNow(m): 11:35am On Feb 02
formular2002:
I really feel sorry for your experience.
But I do have a question to ask. NIMC had been in operation since 2012. Many of us did not visit them to enrol. Infact, there were times they had to start going from shops to shops and markets to canvass.
I also believe for the 4/5 years you stayed on campus, you could have got it done. We don't need to wait till we need vital documents before running to do them. We all caused this mayhem.
Now, if you have the funds, go and do International passport and don't wait till you are having travelling opportunities and you will be rushing. Same as regularizing birth certificates, applying for driving license even before you buy a car and many other stuffs.
Those guys you mentioned are just taking advantage of our passiveness to their own advantage.
I got my NIN in 2012 and the centers were practically empty at the time

There are outlets, many of these sim registration centers in the street registers NIN but to correct any error in the registration is not that easy to do, u til you visit the approved NIN centres before it can done. I did my NIaN registration with 2k and it got ready in 2 weeks no stress. Modification is the issue especially with date of birth, local govt of origin and name. One tho g that I am worries about is the habit of some universities asking students who just gained admission to come with their local government of origin certificate where as these students have NIN. I think NIN has complete information of the owner.

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Keme4Real(f): 11:35am On Feb 02
Fvck that Bosun Tijani guy. I thought he would make a good minister but he's turning out to be Isa Pantami part two.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by DenreleDave(m): 11:36am On Feb 02
Did my own since 2015. Free

I have my NIN and I have the one I got from the online app that can be used as id card
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by DenreleDave(m): 11:37am On Feb 02
Keme4Real:
Fvck that Bosun Tijani guy. I thought he would make a good minister but he's turning out to be Isa Pantami part two.

How is he doing bad?

Is he the one responsible or u shud hold the people they put in charge
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Teelabo(m): 11:37am On Feb 02
Baztardidiot:
5k multipli3d by 50 persons a day.... divided by 3 thieves.
Each thief takes close to 84k a day.
84k in a day.multiplied by 25 days.thats 2m a month for each thief.
If thief doesn't get caught in 5months that's cool 10m for these thieves. Minus some other illegal fees.... one day this thieveswill have fatal crash while returning home with the cursed money. I have no pity for casual thieves
Nigeria is gone
grin
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by joseph1832(m): 11:38am On Feb 02
mytrugistslog:

I was trying to register for NYSC on the 29th of January, but I couldn't due to some issues with my middle name (NYSC recently made NIN compulsory for corpers). This means I have to go to a NIMC center to do a name correction.

The next day, I went to the center at Ojo Local Government Secretariat in Lagos, but I met a crowd, and it was obvious I won't be able to meet the deadline for NYSC registration if I should join the queue.

Hence, I went to the NIMC center at Lagos State University, only to meet another crowd. Then, I made the following discovery:

1. Nin is now compulsory for Jamb and Waec registrations. Hence, I saw several secondary school students who should be in class also hustling for Nin.

2. Both Lasu and Ojo centers have only one computer to attend to the huge crowd. It was heartbreaking seeing people suffer just to register into a government database. I know the government would have dispensed resources for several computers, but the money has been embezzled.

3. The NIMC officials at Lasu are taking advantage of the situation to stylishly exploit the people.

If you want to be attended to as quick as possible, you have to go through the backdoor to bribe them with a minimum of 5000 naira. A lot of people were paying the bribes because they needed the Nin urgently.

The three NIMC officials at Lasu whose name I got were Chidinma, Alice and Emma. Those guys are making serious money from these bribes. Imagine if an average of 30 persons pay them 5000 per day just to get their Nin registration done that same day.

4. The implication of the above (if you don't have 5000 to bribe) is that you won't be attended to except you are ready to keep coming everyday for the next 2 months.

I saw a young girl who told me she has been coming repeatedly for many days but was not attended to, but she needs the Nin for jamb registration which is closing soon.
I'm sure those idiots who are collecting money are among the set of Good for nothing Nigerians who call Atiki, Obi and Tinubu corrupt politicians, when they themselves are the embodiment of corruption.

Very useless fellows.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Dwightventures(m): 11:39am On Feb 02
The simple answer to every question is that this country Nigeria is a cursed country -- a people dedicated to never doing well, ON PURPOSE

MTN has now completely blocked my line after 2 years of not allowing me call out, all because of NIN that they can't get right. I've used same NIN "invalid" number to get international passport and linked to Airtel (which itself is story for another day).

What a failed state

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Beautifulday: 11:42am On Feb 02
mytrugistslog:

I was trying to register for NYSC on the 29th of January, but I couldn't due to some issues with my middle name (NYSC recently made NIN compulsory for corpers). This means I have to go to a NIMC center to do a name correction.

The next day, I went to the center at Ojo Local Government Secretariat in Lagos, but I met a crowd, and it was obvious I won't be able to meet the deadline for NYSC registration if I should join the queue.

Hence, I went to the NIMC center at Lagos State University, only to meet another crowd. Then, I made the following discovery:

1. Nin is now compulsory for Jamb and Waec registrations. Hence, I saw several secondary school students who should be in class also hustling for Nin.

2. Both Lasu and Ojo centers have only one computer to attend to the huge crowd. It was heartbreaking seeing people suffer just to register into a government database. I know the government would have dispensed resources for several computers, but the money has been embezzled.

3. The NIMC officials at Lasu are taking advantage of the situation to stylishly exploit the people.

If you want to be attended to as quick as possible, you have to go through the backdoor to bribe them with a minimum of 5000 naira. A lot of people were paying the bribes because they needed the Nin urgently.

The three NIMC officials at Lasu whose name I got were Chidinma, Alice and Emma. Those guys are making serious money from these bribes. Imagine if an average of 30 persons pay them 5000 per day just to get their Nin registration done that same day.

4. The implication of the above (if you don't have 5000 to bribe) is that you won't be attended to except you are ready to keep coming everyday for the next 2 months.

I saw a young girl who told me she has been coming repeatedly for many days but was not attended to, but she needs the Nin for jamb registration which is closing soon.

This information is false because I just did my NIN there. I did pay anyone except the 200 naira for printing.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Beautifulday: 11:43am On Feb 02
thelegend1:

If you have irrefutable evidence of the bribery going on, go to Nimc website and file a report.

He is lying. I did my recently there. Unless he made the move to bribe someone there.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Beautifulday: 11:44am On Feb 02
Baztardidiot:
If thief doesn't get caught in 5months that's cool 10m for these thieves. Minus some other illegal fees.... one day this thieveswill have fatal crash while returning home with the cursed money. I have no pity for casual thieves
Nigeria is gone

That guy is lying
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Anunakeeh: 11:44am On Feb 02
Baztardidiot:
If thief doesn't get caught in 5months that's cool 10m for these thieves. Minus some other illegal fees....

One day this thieves will have fatal crash while returning home with the cursed money. I have no pity for casual thieves
Nigeria is gone.

grin grin grin

Your post shows you are an indigenous Ngerian.

This is how 90% of Nigerians makes money yet they will still visit the mosque and church to do thanksgiving for thier ill cursed money. Awon wereeys.

This is the reason i don't pity most of them who usually experience life's Wrath and Fatality.

Nobody can mock the True GOD.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Foodhub2023: 11:45am On Feb 02
[quote author=formular2002 post=128249234]
Giving and taking bribe is illegal anywhere in the world and I will never support it.
I am only saying we should do what we need to do on time before it becomes a mad rush.
As it stands, you may not have other options than to bribe them but mind you, the giver and receiver are both culpable.

In this same Nigeria, in Lagos and Abuja, I have seen NIMC staff dancing round in vehicles to appeal to Nigerians to come out and enrol.
Infact I know of a time they were giving staff targets and they were practically begging family members to come out.
My question is, where were all of us at the time?[
Thank you, if it is a Federal Government initiative to make it compulsory and the adequate man power is in place der is no need do beg, all we need is constant advert in place and as u get to where is needed if you don't have just go to where u can register it's simple. Let me tell you sth, if as at the time der started everyone came out der will stil collect bribe. I can tell about Bvn because then i work in a bank, now der is nothing wrong having adequate plan and system in place either for crowd or no crowd. What stop them going to churches or mosque, schools to register? Nothing bro. I hope and i wish naija get betta things are really hard
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Keme4Real(f): 11:52am On Feb 02
DenreleDave:

How is he doing bad?

Is he the one responsible or u shud hold the people they put in charge

The buck stops at his table. Is he not the one in charge of putting the people in charge of putting people in charge?

This whole NIMC process can be vastly improved upon. Compare this to what that immigration/customs guy did. He fixed the passport issue ASAP. All these things are not rocket science.

You shouldn't have a country like Nigeria with a minister of Bosun's pedigree going through this shyt for something like this.

Not in 2024.

That's a shame. The man no try abeg. Fvk him and Fvk dem allll.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by erniok(m): 11:53am On Feb 02
formular2002:
But I do have a question to ask. NIMC had been in operation since 2012. Many of us did not visit them to enrol. Infact, there were times they had to start going from shops to shops and markets to canvass.
I also believe for the 4/5 years you stayed on campus, you could have got it done. We don't need to wait till we need vital documents before running to do them. We all caused this mayhem.
Now, if you have the funds, go and do International passport and don't wait till you are having travelling opportunities and you will be rushing. Same as regularizing birth certificates, applying for driving license even before you buy a car and many other stuffs.
Those guys you mentioned are just taking advantage of our passiveness to their own advantage.
You guys are part of the problems of this country. Instead of advocating changes that will benefit everyone, this is your opinion, to do stuffs even when not needed not minding that some of the aforementioned things like divers license have expiry dates stinks to high heavens.
What stops the govt from increasing centres that can handle such policies made. Must we be suffer head in this country?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by kolakolex: 11:56am On Feb 02
formular2002:

I got mine same same period.I was called to come collect my permanent ID card that same year.It wasn't stressful at all.There were less people and possibilities of extortion was low because I didn't need it at that time.
I got my voters same period.Most people wait till last minute before getting important things done.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by ObiOkpor(m): 11:57am On Feb 02
2 days ago, mu friend paid 35k to NIMC in damaturu, just to update his record for NYSC.
This agents has unofficially made it official to pay money for any changes whatsoever
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Hespee93: 12:01pm On Feb 02
mytrugistslog:
After all the tussles and being made to pay 7000 naira because nysc registration is closing soon, I was attended to, and the name change was a very easy procedure.

However, the name change is still yet to reflect, and I still can't register for nysc.

I hope nysc intervenes

It'll take up to SIX months before the reflection takes place.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Mazzkenny: 12:02pm On Feb 02
mytrugistslog:
After all the tussles and being made to pay 7000 naira because nysc registration is closing soon, I was attended to, and the name change was a very easy procedure.

However, the name change is still yet to reflect, and I still can't register for nysc.

I hope nysc intervenes
did you go with the change of name documents?
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Swagk101(m): 12:08pm On Feb 02
This country may never get better, corruption exists everywhere cry
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by polabo: 12:09pm On Feb 02
Please don't just type. Validate your points from both sides. Some NIMC officials take advantage, but I will tell you that they have some of the most hardworking staff in the payroll of the FG without commensurate remuneration.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Credobee(m): 12:12pm On Feb 02
Just go to any of the big banks looking for new account deposits..
Open an account with them, they will register you on NIN and you would have used the bribe money effectively.
Alternatively buy a new MTN line from their main offices and get registered for NIN...
Thank me later when you are done with it

[quote author=mytrugistslog post=1282473

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by SaLongs1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 02
Emeskhalifa:
How can one become NIMC agent?
grin grin By paying me a negotiable fee of half your loot!
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Reelz: 12:21pm On Feb 02
Very inefficient agency.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by SaLongs1(m): 12:21pm On Feb 02
polabo:
Please don't just type. Validate your points from both sides. Some NIMC officials take advantage, but I will tell you that they have some of the most hardworking staff in the payroll of the FG without commensurate remuneration.
Unless you are one of the miserable thieves in that office I can categorically assure you that should I mount a hidden camera to almost all of their centres one of them must be caught red handed exploiting vulnerable Nigerians, so please stop defending evil wickedness. I had to pay a small fee to " oil their generator" too!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by lakefist(m): 12:25pm On Feb 02
Sirmwill:
This Nigeria ehnnnn

Everyone is looking for an opportunity to get money even at the expense of others

Na why the country is not moving forward.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:31pm On Feb 02
saintbillion:

Mmmh. I heard name change and age is not free oo. Them dey pay 15k. How true?

Name change - N500

Date of birth - N15,000

These charges are official because you have to pay through Remitta.

Check NINM Website.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Joezik(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02
mytrugistslog:

Now you have learnt a lesson. When they were doing it free...it was not compulsory. People did not regard it as anything....

I did my nin free... I did not spend 1 kobo
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by dahunsi12(m): 12:42pm On Feb 02
Did my own in 2014 for free but loss the slip on transit and I went to Poly Ibadan center for 5 different days last year with paying the staff to reprint it and possibly get the card yet unable to print.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by kasim155: 12:46pm On Feb 02
Oceanfl0w:

Please, can you clarify me on what you meant by issues with your middle name. Is it that the middle name in your NIN is different from the one in your school documents, or the arrangement of your name is different in both?? Eg. Abdul Adeleke Chima in NIN, then Abdul China Adeleke in school document.

I am having this same issue now. The same type of arrangement happen in my NIN and my International passport. I am still debating on which to correct. Either that of the NIN or that of my International passport. The arrangement of my name in my NIN tally with that of all my documents.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNIUYO Final Year Student Killed By Armed Robbers (Photos) / Woman Threw Her Baby Inside Well In Ajegunle & Ran Away (Disturbing Photos) / Man Who Tried To Rescue Kids From Being Beaten, Injured By Their Mother. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.