Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

My Experience At LASU NIMC Center - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience At LASU NIMC Center (26280 Views)

Exclusive! Education Activist, Nurudeen Omomewa Shot Dead At LASU Gate / Men Selling Drugged 'Pure Water' At LASU Gate Caught, Beaten And Arrested / Afeez Ogunbowale Rapes 2 Muslim Virgins, LASU Students At Gunpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Jean2(m): 5:33pm On Feb 02
Let's retweet this, create similar hashtags until the appropriate authorities do the right thing.

https:///Jeansundae/status/1753455627261637072?t=8eqpY9h9qPqBJec-GkVsBw&s=08
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by flourishing247: 5:53pm On Feb 02
mytrugistslog:
After all the tussles and being made to pay 7000 naira because nysc registration is closing soon, I was attended to, and the name change was a very easy procedure.

However, the name change is still yet to reflect, and I still can't register for nysc.

I hope nysc intervenes

Has your name reflected? Please keep me updated. I know someone going through same thing.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by darey04(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02
This is my own problem too … it frustrating since yesterday

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Ejaisky: 8:17pm On Feb 02
The most corru.pt agency award goes to NIMC.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by kasim155: 8:30pm On Feb 02
Obwork:

International passport renewal uses NIN as its data base. So you need to edit your passport details online to match the NIN.
It's a straightforward process

Okay thanks for this information. But are you saying that I don't need to go to their office in Abuja for the modification. I spoke to one of the immigration officer in Abuja office and he said I should pay a hundred and fourth thousand. That they will have to do affidavit, corrections of my name, and publish it in one of the daily then I will come to Abuja in three weeks times for capturing.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Fab21: 9:25pm On Feb 02
INTEGRITYA1:
Go to all Local Government across Nigeria currently, the situation is the same. Go out and verify the claim.

This ugly situation is not at the local government quoted by the op alone.

The heat of NIN registration at the moment is so disturbing.

Those that are not feeling the heat are those who have gotten their NIN done "APPROPRIATELY" before now. YES.

Why the heat and the pressure?

1. Federal Government has set April 2024 for all active bank accounts to be linked with both BVN and NIN, even those Opay and all that are not left out.

2. Telecommunications companies like MTN are already blocking lines that are not linked at all or properly linked with NIN.

3. If you're just about to open bank account, the only valid ID now is NIN. Go and confirm.

4. If you've done the NIN before but your full names are not captured like mine that was generated through BVN back then, you will still feel the heat now because your bank account is still active until April deadline that you must have linked your NIN and you won't be able because the BVN names and NIN will not be tally, you have to go for NIN for proper capturing and modifications and then go to bank to link up appropriately then; you're good to go. What if mistake is on your date of birth on the NIN, sorry.

5. Couple with massive students that want to register for either waec or Jamb where NIN is compulsory for registration.

For Ado Odo Ota Local Government in Ogun State that I visited. Imagine only TWO (2) COMPUTERS are available to attend to such big local government.

So, in all these scenarios, avenue has been open for big time exploitations.

It wasn't this tough when you can walk to those private business center and register your NIN but now Government have shut those ones out without given enough resources to those at local government to work with.

Those at local government need more hands in terms of human resources.

More Computers.

Some of the Local Government don't even have electricity supplies just like we are seeing across the Country, they are running on generators with bad network which also make their work to be more difficult.

For government to reduce the pressure on the local government, they should give them more capable hands and resources to work with.

While they should also speed up the process of engaging those private businesses like we use to have them or else.

Honestly, this has been giving me sleepless night.

My DOB and names on NIN doesn't tally with my BVN.

My NIN was generated through BVN then ...

I've corrected the BVN..

I was asking one Nimc Agent as regards the modification for the DOB the person told me that it will cost me 120k.. shocked

I'm thinking if it's possible to do another NIN since it's generated through BVN.

It's not funny at all...
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Fab21: 9:27pm On Feb 02
kasim155:

Okay thanks for this information. But are you saying that I don't need to go to their office in Abuja for the modification. I spoke to one of the immigration officer in Abuja office and he said I should pay a hundred and fourth thousand. That they will have to do affidavit, corrections of my name, and publish it in one of the daily then I will come to Abuja in three weeks times for capturing.

Do you mean 140k for correction of name?

I don't get it, pls
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by kasim155: 9:41pm On Feb 02
Fab21:

Do you mean 140k for correction of name?

I don't get it, pls

Yes that is what he told me, he said for both corrections of name and the renewal of the passport.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Fab21: 9:47pm On Feb 02
kasim155:

Yes that is what he told me, he said for both corrections of name and the renewal of the passport.

That's much
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by kasim155: 9:48pm On Feb 02
Fab21:

That's much

Please can I chat you up on Whatsapp?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:51pm On Feb 02
Fab21:

Honestly, this has been giving me sleepless night.

My DOB and names on NIN doesn't tally with my BVN.

My NIN was generated through BVN then ...

I've corrected the BVN..

I was asking one Nimc Agent as regards the modification for the DOB the person told me that it will cost me 120k.. shocked

I'm thinking if it's possible to do another NIN since it's generated through BVN.

It's not funny at all...

I'm very sure so many people that their NIN were general through BVN will definitely face that issue.

I don't really know if they can make the mistake from date of birth but for names.

Not because people don't filled out their names properly during BVN but what I noticed was that, some bank staffs just picked Surname and first name alone; in order to make their own work faster.

For instance during account opening before BVN came on board. Let say account was opened with Surname- Obanimi First name - Omodara middle name -Omolewa.

Now when the BVN came, some of the staffs were just picking Obanimi Omodara and ignored the middle names, even when you filled them out properly on the form.

Now, for the fact that if your NIN was generated via BVN, only that two names will be captured.

For all to now work out smoothly,
1. there is need for proper capturing of all the names on the NIN
2. It has to be corrected according on the BVN to include the 3rd name as well.

Then all will be linked together and work smoothly when all tally.

For the Agent that charged you 120k for modification of date of birth. That's serious exploitation.

Find your way to local government by yourself for capturing and modification. They know what to do once you explain date of birth.

Official charges for date of birth on NIN is 15k, that one self is somehow painful.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by jimcaddy(m): 11:02pm On Feb 02
This is one of the reasons why Nigeria will never progress. We are just too corrupt and very exploitative.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Obwork: 12:29am On Feb 03
kasim155:

Lolz. Evil people everywhere.
Simply go to the website and request for renewal of passport. Edit your passport details so it lines up with your NIN (which is the primary data they work with and which theyll request for first).
Pay online and they'll give you the date you'll go for capturing.
No need for affidavit. That's what your NIN is there for.

https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Maysdevices(f): 3:10am On Feb 03
Nigerians are fantastically corrupt, when they point hands at government officials and condemn fraudsters, I always laugh to myself

Give an average man or woman any type of position or job and they will commit minor crimes in whatever establishment they find their self in

Be it NEPA, NIMC Or even ordinary Banks

An average Nigerian is no different from their leaders and would do worse if put in the same position
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by BALLOSKI: 7:25am On Feb 03
mytrugistslog:
On a norms, stuff like modifying your name should be things we should be able to do by ourselves on the NIMC portal from the comfort of our rooms. Why do we like suffering ourselves in this country?
Their app won't even allow you screenshot, let alone modifying your name.
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Fab21: 7:42am On Feb 03
INTEGRITYA1:

I'm very sure so many people that their NIN were general through BVN will definitely face that issue.

I don't really know if they can make the mistake from date of birth but for names.

Not because people don't filled out their names properly during BVN but what I noticed was that, some bank staffs just picked Surname and first name alone; in order to make their own work faster.

For instance during account opening before BVN came on board. Let say account was opened with Surname- Obanimi First name - Omodara middle name -Omolewa.

Now when the BVN came, some of the staffs were just picking Obanimi Omodara and ignored the middle names, even when you filled them out properly on the form.

Now, for the fact that if your NIN was generated via BVN, only that two names will be captured.

For all to now work out smoothly,
1. there is need for proper capturing of all the names on the NIN
2. It has to be corrected according on the BVN to include the 3rd name as well.

Then all will be linked together and work smoothly when all tally.

For the Agent that charged you 120k for modification of date of birth. That's serious exploitation.

Find your way to local government by yourself for capturing and modification. They know what to do once you explain date of birth.

Official charges for date of birth on NIN is 15k, that one self is somehow painful.

I've been thinking that instead of paying 120k for DOB modification which I can't even afford, I won't mind doing the registration afresh if it's possible....

However, thanks for taking your time to explain in details..
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by darey04(m): 7:52am On Feb 03
Fab21:

I've been thinking that instead of paying 120k for DOB modification which I can't even afford, I won't mind doing the registration afresh if it's possible....

However, thanks for taking your time to explain in details..

DO NOT PAY ANYONE OOO

It better you follow due process (15k and submit the necessary document ) , it might take time anyway

1 Like

Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Fab21: 7:58am On Feb 03
darey04:

DO NOT PAY ANYONE OOO

It better you follow follow due process (15k and submit the necessary document ) , it might take time anyway

Thanks
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by Uyi168: 12:17am On Feb 06
DenreleDave:
Did my own since 2015. Free

I have my NIN and I have the one I got from the online app that can be used as id card
How did u get the one from the app?
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by anyilalaz: 6:59am On Feb 06
INTEGRITYA1:
Go to all Local Government across Nigeria currently, the situation is the same. Go out and verify the claim.

This ugly situation is not at the local government quoted by the op alone.

The heat of NIN registration at the moment is so disturbing.

Those that are not feeling the heat are those who have gotten their NIN done "APPROPRIATELY" before now. YES.

Why the heat and the pressure?

1. Federal Government has set April 2024 for all active bank accounts to be linked with both BVN and NIN, even those Opay and all that are not left out.

2. Telecommunications companies like MTN are already blocking lines that are not linked at all or properly linked with NIN.

3. If you're just about to open bank account, the only valid ID now is NIN. Go and confirm.

4. If you've done the NIN before but your full names are not captured like mine that was generated through BVN back then, you will still feel the heat now because your bank account is still active until April deadline that you must have linked your NIN and you won't be able because the BVN names and NIN will not be tally, you have to go for NIN for proper capturing and modifications and then go to bank to link up appropriately then; you're good to go. What if mistake is on your date of birth on the NIN, sorry.

5. Couple with massive students that want to register for either waec or Jamb where NIN is compulsory for registration.

For Ado Odo Ota Local Government in Ogun State that I visited. Imagine only TWO (2) COMPUTERS are available to attend to such big local government.

So, in all these scenarios, avenue has been open for big time exploitations.

It wasn't this tough when you can walk to those private business center and register your NIN but now Government have shut those ones out without given enough resources to those at local government to work with.

Those at local government need more hands in terms of human resources.

More Computers.

Some of the Local Government don't even have electricity supplies just like we are seeing across the Country, they are running on generators with bad network which also make their work to be more difficult.

For government to reduce the pressure on the local government, they should give them more capable hands and resources to work with.

While they should also speed up the process of engaging those private businesses like we use to have them or else.

The government can deploy the systems used during the general election instead of wasting somewhere.
Who do for this can country?
Re: My Experience At LASU NIMC Center by azizsystem(m): 10:28am On Feb 21
DarkPheonix:

That is nice.

Please chat me up bro. I saw a post you made since 2019 and I want to ask you a question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Held In Kenyan Prison Over Minor Offences Cry Out For Help. Photos / Soldiers Storm Bodo In Rivers State After Oil Spill. Photos / 3 Suspects Arrested For Robbery, Car Theft, Fake-bank-alert In Niger State (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.