Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? (10117 Views)

Definition and the Meaning of “Islam” – Imam Ibn Baz (rahimahullaah) / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / 5 Gifts You Can Give To Your Muslim Friends For Eid El Kabir (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by Metrofox(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15
excanny:
There's nothing like Muslim names. Stop this nonsense.

It's called Arabic names. They existed many centuries before Islam or the prophethood of Muhammad.

No, the slave masters insist we throw away our own traditions and stay true to the course of an abd. One more reason the black man is never respected anywhere grin

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:28pm On Mar 15
I’m Ismail; means God hears
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by labake1(f): 7:45pm On Mar 15
excanny:
There's nothing like Muslim names. Stop this nonsense.

It's called Arabic names. They existed many centuries before Islam or the prophethood of Muhammad.

You are right
If you check meaning of most names our Muslim brothers named their children in Arabic translation, you go shock.

My neighbor named his child Subhanallah
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by aysuprano(m): 9:28pm On Mar 15
Mukhtar- The chosen one
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by gaskiyamagana: 1:07am On Mar 16
excanny:

While Muhammad believes Jesus was greater than him.

Quran 4: 171 calls Jesus the Spirit of Allah, whereas Muhammad is called a slave of Allah.

Allah's spirit will always be greater than his slave.
" I am servant of Allah...." Jesus said so as toddler in the Qur'an. Stop your nonsense and confusion about status of Jesus in Islam.
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by RichestMinds: 5:25am On Mar 16
excanny:

Ofcourse, you well know that this (which led to Mary's conception) isn't in the original verse.

But even going by that. Created from Ruh-Allah is used for Jesus and Muhammad is created from Semen of men.

So who's greater?

Jesus' mother is the most important woman in quran, while Muhammad said both his father and mother are in Hellfire. So who's greater?

Anas narrated that a man asked, ‘O Messenger of Allah, where is my father?’ The Prophet said, ‘In Hell.’ When he turned away the Prophet called him back and said, ‘My father and your father are in Hell.’” (Sahih Muslim 203, Book 1, #408).

Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger, (may peace be upon him) as saying: I sought permission to beg forgiveness for my mother, but He did not grant it to me. I sought permission from Him to visit her grave, and He granted it (permission) to me. (Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 2129)

That's an authentic hadith. So don't waste time denying.

I've got a lot of work to do bro. I've got deadlines to meet. I can't be wasting my precious time arguing coz you will definitely not be satisfied with whatever I'm going to say anyways.

In your mind you will think you've silenced me grin

Alhamdulillah for being a Muslim. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by excanny: 8:41am On Mar 16
RichestMinds:

I've got a lot of work to do bro. I've got deadlines to meet. I can't be wasting my precious time arguing coz you will definitely not be satisfied with whatever I'm going to say anyways.

In your mind you will think you've silenced me grin

Alhamdulillah for being a Muslim. grin grin grin

You have to be stupid being a Muslim, despite all the glaring evidences that Muhammad was a false prophet.
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by OLOKOESHIN: 8:57am On Mar 16
U09ce:

Jesus is not the only way, but rather one of the ways. God is the only way. And Jesus is not God, and God is not Jesus. Jesus is human, God is not. God has no beginning and no end, Jesus and every other human has. Thus, follow God through the guidance of Jesus. That's true Christianity
Teach him
His head had been programmed since he has been seeing fake white man in his dreams

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by Mustapha04(m): 9:40am On Mar 16
Mohammad Mustapha (the chosen one)

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by AnyanwuSilas: 8:47pm On Mar 16
Ibst:
Shuaib - Name of one Prophet
In Islam, evrybody na prophet, I heard that Osama Bin-Laden was the last prophet not Muhammed.
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by AnyanwuSilas: 9:15pm On Mar 16
Ykc2:
My sisters Muslim names are ramotu, saidaotu, muyibaotu, weimotu, risikaotu,
These are yoruba muslim names... Olaniyi, Ramotu, Olanikpu etc
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by Coolgent(m): 12:12am On Mar 17
rattlesnake:
Jesus is the only way....Don't delete this post cos Muslims love Jesus
Prophey Jesus may peace and blessing of God be upon him
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by Sardauna24(m): 10:45am On Mar 17
Shinjawestern:

Btw Muhammad and Jesus who do you love most..

As a yoruba Muslim I choose Jesus over Muhammad
You're not a true muslim
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by Expanse2020(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17
excanny:

There's none of my children that don't have Arabic names, doesn't mean anything.

What's Islamic or Muslim about a name like Zainab which means a type of- beautiful flower? Tell me.
By literally meaning you mean but going deeper to the root meaning you found out what these encompouse.. An Arabic word can have up to 7 meaning words in English language... You just Google and have single meaning and you are bragging.
Abeggiii
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by Mistura02: 8:41pm On Mar 17
Mistura meaning The ruler
Re: What’s Your Muslim Name And The Meaning? by Ibst: 12:33pm On Mar 18
AnyanwuSilas:
In Islam, evrybody na prophet, I heard that Osama Bin-Laden was the last prophet not Muhammed.

said and believed by f**l

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! / Ramadan '18: Supplication When Breaking The Fasting / Sultan Announces October 15 as Eid-ul- Adha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.