Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro (18969 Views)

Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures. / Francis Uzoho's Age Questioned By South African Man / Meet Francis Uzoho, Nigerian Youngest Goal Keeper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Sayvick(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02
Following speculations over the fitness of goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali for Nigeria’s quarter-final clash against Angola in the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, coach Jose Peseiro has expressed faith in the ability of Francis Uzoho between the sticks on Friday (today), PUNCH Sports Extra reports.

Nwabali’s availability for the Angola clash has been in doubt due to an injury he sustained during the 1-0 win over Cameroon in the round of 16 last Saturday.

However, he only missed one training session on Monday and was said to be in training on Tuesday and Wednesday which were used to assess his fitness.

Ahead of today’s game, Peseiro addressed the goalkeeper’s situation, stating that his availability was still subject to a late fitness test during the team’s last training session for the game on Thursday.

“We have to wait for a late fitness test today (Thursday), if he is not ready, I have other goalkeepers (Uzoho and Ojo). I believe and trust all my goalkeepers, if Nwabali is not fit, I trust Uzoho,” Peseiro said at the pre-match conference on Thursday.

Nwabali’s fitness has created anxiety among Nigerian fans who are still expecting the new number one to return to action against Angola today.

“At the mention of Uzoho’s name, every Nigerian gets scared,” a fan Sholumade Wale said.

Another fan, Dare Johnson, also queried the trust of the Portuguese coach in the embattled goalkeeper.

“Why do you always say you trust Uzoho? Have you considered what we think about him, if we trust Uzoho?”

Nwabali has been in goal for all of Nigeria’s four games at the 2023 AFCON including Nigeria’s pre-tournament friendly against Guinea in Abu Dhabi earlier this month.

He has conceded just once in four appearances at the AFCON and three times in all his five games for the country, keeping three clean sheets in the process.

Nigeria will take on Angola at the Felix Houphouet Boigny Stadium, Abidjan at 6pm Nigerian time today.

7 Likes

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Dicado: 12:47pm On Feb 02
This man never experience heartbreak before. Keep trusting!

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Solofresh2: 1:00pm On Feb 02
Dey play

11 Likes

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by oranget(m): 1:08pm On Feb 02
We trust Uzoho, we just don't trust him to man our net. Someone whose goalkicks don't pass midfield.
Please bring back our Nwabali

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by NaughtyBrainiac: 1:38pm On Feb 02
Lmao

1 Like

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Dankovich1: 1:38pm On Feb 02
Dear Mr Peseiro.....

On behalf of Nigerian youths cheering the super eagles, we don't trust that man called Uzoho

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by clockwisereport: 1:39pm On Feb 02
If Uzoho enter that post, we will lose.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by sylve11: 1:39pm On Feb 02
We dey watch. cool

1 Like

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by bnanny: 1:39pm On Feb 02
Please I don't trust Uzoho, he's so scared of his just that's the edge nwabali have over him. Having him on goal post is like having nothing because he will surely get scared of saving opponents direct shorts and I'm sure Angola will like to take advantage of it.
Defender's do your work oo. You're the savior not the fear fear basket 🧺.

15 Likes

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Chikel20000(m): 1:39pm On Feb 02
I no trust am abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Built2last: 1:39pm On Feb 02
Can we stop these psychological warfare between these 2 goal keepers. Uzoho or whoever is keeping today doesn't need these pressures

All our defense needs to do is stand strong and any keeper could be chilling all through the match.

Even Oliver khan will collect if defense is porous.

Can we score early goals and weaken the passion of the opponent.

We need to focus more on what is important, good defense, good midfield and take opportunities. a goal keeper is at the back end if the team does well.

All the best to the Eagles today

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Franc2012: 1:40pm On Feb 02
We should remove sentiment

2 Likes

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Trendy247: 1:40pm On Feb 02
UZOHO - The Goal basket of the nation grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:40pm On Feb 02
Go Super Eagles!

Go Uzoho!

Go Nigeria !

4 Likes

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Emperormartin(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02
I'd like to meet the voodoo man for uzoho

He's so potent!!!

1 Like

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by santopelele(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02
If super eagles win this afcon cup, the APshits and their dullard supporters will starts bragging about how the clueless president help nigeria win afcon cup, and they will add it in tifnubu achievements.
Useless government

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by KomonSense: 1:42pm On Feb 02
Lol... Let's try and use the 3rd keeper Ojo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by KomonSense: 1:42pm On Feb 02
Dey play
Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Ewedegubbler: 1:42pm On Feb 02
Uzohobasket

2 Likes

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by UptownVibes(m): 1:42pm On Feb 02
Trendy247:
UZOHO - The Goal basket the nation grin
grin

1 Like

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Olalekanbanky1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02
God abeg
Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by DenreleDave(m): 1:44pm On Feb 02
We Nigerians trust uzoho with our lives..

Our best ever goal keeper

I pray nwabali still remains in injury.. He is the worst we have ever heard.

I Stan with Uzoho cool cool cool cool
Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by frugal(m): 1:44pm On Feb 02
oranget:
We trust Uzoho, we just don't trust him to man our net. Someone whose goalkicks don't pass midfield.
Please bring back our Nwabali

E no pass 18 yards box sef grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by ungara17: 1:44pm On Feb 02
Uzoho should be fit before mounting the post.
Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by RapportNaija(m): 1:45pm On Feb 02
No...

We Nigerians don't trust Uzoho.
Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by LeeSmart: 1:45pm On Feb 02
Why do i have dis feeling that this man has plans of starting Uzoho?

1 Like

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Marvieduke(f): 1:45pm On Feb 02
He is the coach of the team so he should know better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Judolisco(m): 1:46pm On Feb 02
E be like say u dey craze

1 Like

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Fatbam005: 1:47pm On Feb 02
The same way a particular tribe trusted Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by Idaytesj29(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02
Sayvick:

Following speculations over the fitness of goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali for Nigeria’s quarter-final clash against Angola in the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, coach Jose Peseiro has expressed faith in the ability of Francis Uzoho between the sticks on Friday (today), PUNCH Sports Extra reports.

Nwabali’s availability for the Angola clash has been in doubt due to an injury he sustained during the 1-0 win over Cameroon in the round of 16 last Saturday.

However, he only missed one training session on Monday and was said to be in training on Tuesday and Wednesday which were used to assess his fitness.

Ahead of today’s game, Peseiro addressed the goalkeeper’s situation, stating that his availability was still subject to a late fitness test during the team’s last training session for the game on Thursday.

“We have to wait for a late fitness test today (Thursday), if he is not ready, I have other goalkeepers (Uzoho and Ojo). I believe and trust all my goalkeepers, if Nwabali is not fit, I trust Uzoho,” Peseiro said at the pre-match conference on Thursday.

Nwabali’s fitness has created anxiety among Nigerian fans who are still expecting the new number one to return to action against Angola today.

“At the mention of Uzoho’s name, every Nigerian gets scared,” a fan Sholumade Wale said.

Another fan, Dare Johnson, also queried the trust of the Portuguese coach in the embattled goalkeeper.

“Why do you always say you trust Uzoho? Have you considered what we think about him, if we trust Uzoho?”

Nwabali has been in goal for all of Nigeria’s four games at the 2023 AFCON including Nigeria’s pre-tournament friendly against Guinea in Abu Dhabi earlier this month.

He has conceded just once in four appearances at the AFCON and three times in all his five games for the country, keeping three clean sheets in the process.

Nigeria will take on Angola at the Felix Houphouet Boigny Stadium, Abidjan at 6pm Nigerian time today.

Ano trust am
Re: I Trust Uzoho - Peseiro by spencekat(m): 1:49pm On Feb 02
Uzoho will prove his doubters wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles On A Team Walk In Swaziland Ahead Of Match Today (Photos) / Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title / 2014 WC Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Namibia (1 - 0) On June 3 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.