Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport (18140 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Announces Salary Increment For Lagos Public Service (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Sanwo-olu Announces Reward Of 3-bedroom Flat To Chioma Ajunwa After 25 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by koning: 11:30am On Feb 03
yinkus6750:
Lagos leads and others follow.
Great idea.
Lagos needs more than one airport .from Lekki/ Ajah to Ikeja might take you three to four hours on some terrible days.
The state is viable to afford it.
Eko o ni baje

Large international carriers- KLM, Delta, Lufthansa, Emirates etc will NOT land there. International travelers will still go to MMA, ikeja.

He should not waste scarce public funds on that.

Get rich, private sector Nigerians to build it. It will only serve to private jets and helicopters. It's solely for local air travel.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by easzypeaszy(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03
Na Igbos go still pack all der hard erned money enter am for showoff
Good development.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by bdon12: 1:06pm On Feb 03
MADIFF:
There are many areas on the mainland that still need good roads.
There many areas on island lekki areas that needs good road
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by bdon12: 1:08pm On Feb 03
G00dharddick:
Meanwhile Lagos especially lekki ajah remains a dirty slum.

The joke is sanwo olu. U never do roads na airport you wan build 🤡
Sometimes i really wonder.we know lagos needs another airport around ajah area bt even d highly rated ajah has plenty bad roads...m surprised that lekki roads are this bad.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by bdon12: 1:12pm On Feb 03
Emeskhalifa:
Is it that Lagos Governor has good media publicity or he is actually working?

Because other governors seem not to even be existing at all.
Its lagos we talking abt...xtreme high internal generated revenue.its like a country on its own becos of the business n close proximity to d countries number 1 port.
Its only normal the governor will be on top of his toes working 247...also lagos state govs dont steal small money.there is jst so mch money to steal without anyone even noticing.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by OlofofoCorner: 1:50pm On Feb 03
femi4:
In 3yrs? ...abeg no start wetin you no go finish

The next governor will continue from where the project stopped.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by melexchi(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03
When they wanna loot, they look for eye catchy project to embark on then inflate the budget🤮🤮🤮
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by shoboy9: 6:35pm On Feb 03
We no want. Pay minmum wage, get rid of kidnapping. We don't need another airport for Grenada party. Oloriburuku.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by MeineMutter: 7:19pm On Feb 03
BitterTruth0001:

Shut up the chest beating
Leading to where ?

Is Lagos the first to have a state owned airport ?
Infact no SW has been able to build an airport by themselves

Delta built theirs
Anambra built theirs
Ebonyi built theirs
Owerri airport was built by local businessmen

In 2024 , Lagos is just about to embark on one and you’re here shouting cheesy

All those you mentioned are aerodromes. Those governors only used them to pack money. The aerodromes are not commercially viable.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by BitterTruth0001: 8:33pm On Feb 03
MeineMutter:

All those you mentioned are aerodromes. Those governors only used them to pack money. The aerodromes are not commercially viable.

Sometimes it’s better to not say anything than tk just talk cheesy

Cos you’re either ignorant about the issue cheesy or you’re so used to spreading malicious lies you don’t even know

Sam Mbakwe airport an aerodrome ? One of the top 6 airports in Nigeria in terms of passenger volume . After Lagos , Abuja , PH, Enugu and possibly Kano airports , which other airport is ahead of Owerri ?? Owerri airport has more traffic than Kaduna International Airport according to FAAN statistics and even beats Kano international airport sometimes

Anambra airport received 142 flights in its first month of operations. In less than 2 months , it jumped to 376 flights . By Dec 2023 , that’s 2 years it had over 4000 flights . That’s average of 166 flights per month .

As of 2018, Asaba airport is at least competing with the likes of Jos airport

Only Ebonyi can be called an aerodrome.

Oga no talk again cheesy cheesy

Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by MeineMutter: 8:35pm On Feb 03
BitterTruth0001:

Sometimes it’s better to not say anything than tk just talk cheesy

Cos you’re either ignorant about the issue cheesy or you’re so used to spreading malicious lies you don’t even know

Sam Mbakwe airport an aerodrome ? One of the top 6 airports in Nigeria in terms of passenger volume . After Lagos , Abuja , PH, Enugu and possibly Kano airports , which other airport is ahead of Owerri ?? Owerri airport has more traffic than Kaduna International Airport according to FAAN statistics and even beats Kano international airport sometimes

Anambra airport received 142 flights in its first month of operations. In less than 2 months , it jumped to 376 flights . By Dec 2023 , that’s 2 years it had over 4000 flights . That’s average of 166 flights per month .

As of 2018, Asaba airport is at least competing with the likes of Jos airport

Only Ebonyi can be called an aerodrome.

Oga no talk again cheesy cheesy

They are all aerodromes. No airport in Nigeria. Let that sink into your empty head. It so when you go far you would know what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by BitterTruth0001: 8:47pm On Feb 03
MeineMutter:

They are all aerodromes. No airport in Nigeria. Let that sink into your empty head. It so when you go far you would know what I am saying.

Now i I know you’re mad cheesy

Aerodrome is an umbrella term than encompass aiports, airbases, airstrips etc

Your head is emptier than my puppy’s own

See weyrey wey don go far cheesy

The topic was about airports , you didn’t say your aerodrome bullshit when someone was beating their chest about Lagos leading the way. When your claim on commercial non-viability was exposed, you shifted to no airport in Nigeria .

Educated gbajue illietrate that doesn’t even know what an aerodrome means

In your small mind you don’t know you shot yourself in the foot
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by PHAYOL81: 9:20pm On Feb 03
richiemcgold:
I won't be surprised if that airport have a better standard than federal government owned MMA.

Expect as much. Lagos usually settle for nothing except it meet global standard and that's exactly the reason the governor H.E Sanwo Olu is currently in china to inspect the modern and newest facilities available for roads, rail, seaport and airport infrastructures.
EXPECT the facility to be carefully intergrated with roads/bridges, rail and ferry terminals in a clean world class masterpiece. This is LAGOS remember!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by APCNig: 9:24pm On Feb 03
yinkus6750:
Lagos leads and others follow.
Great idea.
Lagos needs more than one airport .from Lekki/ Ajah to Ikeja might take you three to four hours on some terrible days.
The state is viable to afford it.
Eko o ni baje

Others are not following oooooo. They are just looking. Oloriburuku Oloshi people that have been ruling the other useless 36 states, yes Abuja is also a state.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by APCNig: 9:25pm On Feb 03
Eriokanmi:
Since 1999, they've been telling us this. 4th mainland bridge too. Una no dey taya of lying? Even your supporters are tired of hearing all these lies.

If your state of origin and the governors who have ruled the state are not useless, then you will not run away from your ancestral home to come and slave in Lagos.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by APCNig: 9:26pm On Feb 03
MeineMutter:

I need to see your medical certificate of mental fitness because you don't sound mentally stable. Whatever you just started smoking, stop it before it stops you
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by MeineMutter: 9:49pm On Feb 03
BitterTruth0001:

Now i I know you’re mad cheesy

Aerodrome is an umbrella term than encompass aiports, airbases, airstrips etc

Your head is emptier than my puppy’s own

See weyrey wey don go far cheesy

The topic was about airports , you didn’t say your aerodrome bullshit when someone was beating their chest about Lagos leading the way. When your claim on commercial non-viability was exposed, you shifted to no airport in Nigeria .

Educated gbajue illietrate that doesn’t even know what an aerodrome means

In your small mind you don’t know you shot yourself in the foot

Go and check the meaning of aerodromes well. It’s different from that you went to copy and paste here.
All Nigerian airports are aerodromes. Ask the most learned persons in your linage. Eyin omo iran k’iran.
Nairaland really gave you mouth. Olodo gbogbo.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by BitterTruth0001: 12:11am On Feb 04
MeineMutter:

Go and check the meaning of aerodromes well. It’s different from that you went to copy and paste here.
All Nigerian airports are aerodromes. Ask the most learned persons in your linage. Eyin omo iran k’iran.
Nairaland really gave you mouth. Olodo gbogbo.

I said you’re an educated illiterate but you’re actually an uneducated illiterate . Still dey argue foolishly . Running from pillar to post and finally exposing his bigoted tribalism when logic fails him

Bring your father and your kabiyesi , I will educate all of them and you will prostrate for me

You have nothing , NOTHING to say .

We can leave nairaland and meet offline if you want let me cure your ignorance and tribalism permanently. It will be my honour
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by MeineMutter: 8:21am On Feb 04
BitterTruth0001:

I said you’re an educated illiterate but you’re actually an uneducated illiterate . Still dey argue foolishly . Running from pillar to post and finally exposing his bigoted tribalism when logic fails him

Bring your father and your kabiyesi , I will educate all of them and you will prostrate for me

You have nothing , NOTHING to say .

We can leave nairaland and meet offline if you want let me cure your ignorance and tribalism permanently. It will be my honour

Any airport that doesn’t have ALL CERTIFICATIONS required for a complete airport is called aerodrome. Add that one to your nzogbu-nzogbu knowledge. I am unapologetic about it. No Nigerian airport has all certifications of a full-fledged airport. We only call all airports like that. It’ doesn’t mean they are airports. Even some airports abroad in developed world are aerodrome but grammatically, they are called airports. On technical terms, such airports are aerodromes.

Airport is not about long tarmac or a gigantic building, or shining floor tiles or being far from town, or because it is receiving some commercial traffic of aero planes.

I repeat: airport is about getting and updating all certifications as required by all airport certifications body
Can Airbus A380 land in your airports? So you have all signaling, communications, and other airport infrastructure equipment installed and certified by all internstional certification agencies?

Common certification for a airport clinic or firefighting equipments, your glorified airports don’t have them.

A state just mentioned it was about building an airport, you and your men were having heart attack already. When will you stop this 8tred? Is Lagos State not part of Nigeria? Can’t any state build its own aerodrome because your state has built? You feel because you have bought a Toyota Corolla I shouldn’t buy my own.

Your parents didn’t train you well. They just left you for the society to shape you and it’s shaping you badly. No thanks to this era of internet.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by BitterTruth0001: 9:19am On Feb 04
MeineMutter:

Any airport that doesn’t have ALL CERTIFICATIONS required for a complete airport is called aerodrome. Add that one to your nzogbu-nzogbu knowledge. I am unapologetic about it. No Nigerian airport has all certifications of a full-fledged airport. We only call all airports like that. It’ doesn’t mean they are airports. Even some airports abroad in developed world are aerodrome but grammatically, they are called airports. On technical terms, such airports are aerodromes.

Airport is not about long tarmac or a gigantic building, or shining floor tiles or being far from town, or because it is receiving some commercial traffic of aero planes.

I repeat: airport is about getting and updating all certifications as required by all airport certifications body
Can Airbus A380 land in your airports? So you have all signaling, communications, and other airport infrastructure equipment installed and certified by all internstional certification agencies?

Common certification for a airport clinic or firefighting equipments, your glorified airports don’t have them.

A state just mentioned it was about building an airport, you and your men were having heart attack already. When will you stop this 8tred? Is Lagos State not part of Nigeria? Can’t any state build its own aerodrome because your state has built? You feel because you have bought a Toyota Corolla I shouldn’t buy my own.

Your parents didn’t train you well. They just left you for the society to shape you and it’s shaping you badly. No thanks to this era of internet.

Chai
Illiteracy is a disease but I’m not sorry for you

You deserve it
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by BitterTruth0001: 9:23am On Feb 04
APCNig:

I need to see your medical certificate of mental fitness because you don't sound mentally stable. Whatever you just started smoking, stop it before it stops you

Ogbeni take it easy on some of these illiterates .
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by duduade: 9:40am On Feb 04
Everything Lekki Lekki

What happened to Ikorodu and Badagry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by Litmus: 11:42am On Feb 04
jeff1993:
This sanwo olu no dey rest sha

Developing knows no rest, soon as you stop kicking, you drown. Sort through the rest of Nigeria for examples.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by litaninja(m): 1:30am On Feb 05
The country has a serious problem
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by Konquest: 7:28am On Feb 05
Ibrahimcoomasie:
The Lagos State governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has announced the plan to build a state-owned airport to drive infrastructural development.

https://guardian.ng/news/sanwo-olu-announces-plan-to-build-new-lagos-airport/
The newest Accra Airport (Kotoka Airport) and Tamale Airport both in Ghana, Dakar Airport in Senegal and the Uyo Airport in Akwa Ibom are some of the modern architectural masterpieces on the Africa continent. Lagos State must ensure that the Lekki-Epe International Airport beats these 3 West African airports in terms of world-class design, beauty and functionality.

Anything less than this very modern standard would be unforgivable!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by Konquest: 12:54pm On Feb 05
koning:

Large international carriers- KLM, Delta, Lufthansa, Emirates etc will NOT land there. International travelers will still go to MMA, ikeja.

Get rich, private sector Nigerians to build it. It will only serve to private jets and helicopters. It's solely for local air travel.

It's gonna be a Lagos State and private sector-led aviation initiative.

The name of the airport is appropriately termed Lekki-Epe International Airport and it's meant to complement the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, in the area of international flights.

The last administration under the Aviation Minister had already approved the airport to commence international flights as soon as the construction is complete. It's been majorly the Lagos (MMIA) and Abuja International Airports that have officially received international flights prior to now. If nearly all international airlines fly directly into Nigerian airports located in the various states, then the local airlines would operate at a massive loss and run out of business.

The Lekki-Epe International Airport can accommodate 350 aircraft at once and will handle over 5 million passengers annually with room for further expansion on the massive 3,500 hectares of land already taken from the Epe and Lekki Peninsula indigenes, hence the name of the airport is Lekki-Epe International Airport, Lagos. Completion of the project will take 2 years max.

=>https://punchng.com/lagos-seeks-partners-for-lekki-airport-project/

=>https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/newairports/lekki-epe-international-airport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by agabusta: 10:54am On Feb 16
G00dharddick:
Meanwhile Lagos especially lekki ajah remains a dirty slum.

The joke is sanwo olu. U never do roads na airport you wan build 🤡

But they are already working on the road from Epe heading to Ajah. Even with durable concrete.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by agabusta: 10:56am On Feb 16
SSpeter:
Badagry will be perfect and what you said is the reason why it is best suited for Badagry. Busy Airports creates traffic and causes rapid development. Lekki axis is already busy enough. Far distance to developed area is good, Govt can easily fix the roads. Controlled development will come in handy. However, the airport will be located in Lekki due to the faulty logic of mainland has one the island should have one

So where will you suggest for the new airport? A place in Lagos that is not yet choked and will not be in conflict with the existing airport??
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by agabusta: 11:01am On Feb 16
billagreen:

I'm not against more airports in Lagos but don't you think if the traffic of getting to Ikeja from Ajah is the reason for a new airport then its just a misplaced priority.
When the delay in traffic should be treated, when efforts should be made to ensure that Usable manhours are not lost on road trying to get home/work.

Island Should be for Islanders and mainland for Mainlanders, No one should be going from Ajah to Work in Ketu or From Ikorodu to work in Vi

This should be solved before new airports

Part of the solution to traffic problems is improvement in the transportation system. And an Airport is part of the transportation system!

An airport is definitely needed on the Island axis. Probably in the Epe/Ibeju Lekki area.

If this was made possible, I tell you that a good number of international passengers from Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Edo, Delta and others in that area will prefer to make use of this airport for International travels.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Build New Lagos Airport by agabusta: 11:05am On Feb 16
koning:

It all depends on the design of the airport. It is only a dunce that will invest in a new international airport that cannot serve International carriers.

Infact, instead of building that new terminal at the already chaotic MMA, the FG should have used the funds to build a new Airport at another area of Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Call Tinubu To Order, Lukman Tells Akande, Onu, Others / Huge Debts Await Buhari, In-coming Govs / Obiano Launches The 1Million Tree Planting Exercise In Anambra State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.