Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother (28301 Views)

10-Year-Old Bandits' Informant Arrested In Zamfara. He Had Killed 3 With Gun / Hausa And Yoruba Clash In Ibaban. One Dies As Hausa Man Hits Him With Charm / Thug With Charm Caught With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by TruthsFM: 7:51am On Feb 03
My Son Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother Of PDP Stalwart Killed In Ejigbo

MRS Abigail Idowu, the mother of Richard Idowu, popularly known as Ade-Oriokin, a stalwart of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who was shot dead last Saturday in Ejigbo, Osun State, has revealed how she warned her son from joining politics.

The grieving mother stated that her late son was shot with a gun that had been laced with charm.

OSUN DEFENDER learnt that the young politician was shot after a meeting at a private residence of Prince Eniola Oyeyode, a son of the Ogiyan of Ejigbo, Oba Omowonuola Oyeyode, who was marking his 50th anniversary on the throne.

The incident, which occurred between 8:00 and 8:30pm last Saturday, immediately threw the community into mourning and led to tension among the residents.

OSUN DEFENDER learnt that Idowu was also part of the coronation anniversary, from where he was summoned to a meeting by Oyeyode at his residence located along Inisa Road in Ejigbo.

According to an eyewitness who preferred anonymity, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Ayodele Asalu, and one other person identified as Mr. Timothy were also part of the meeting.

Narrating how the incident happened, a Personal Assistant to the deceased, Afiz Lawal, who said the incident happened in his presence, explained: “Immediately after the coronation party, we were about to start coming to Osogbo when Prince Eniola, son of Ogiyan, told us to go to his house along Inisa road in Ejigbo for a brief meeting. Those who attended the meeting included Hon. Asler (Ayodele Asalu) and one Hon Timothy.

“When the meeting ended, they all dispersed and were entering their vehicles. I heard Prince Eniola saying, release, asking a local hunter there on the premises to release gunshots into the air. Unfortunately, instead of firing into the air, he shot towards the ground. And that was how Hon Richard Idowu was hit on the leg, and he immediately fell.

“Before we could get him to the hospital, he had already lost so much blood and there is no good hospital in Ejigbo. He gave up at a private hospital in Ejigbo. The incident happened between 8:00 and 8:30pm on Saturday. He was a PDP chieftain and a lecturer based in the United States of America.”

Asked if the incident could be regarded as a case of misfiring, Lawal further said, “It may be planned or accidental, but I just narrated how the incident happened because I was at the scene. His remains have been deposited at the morgue of UNIOSUN Teaching Hospital, Osogbo.”

Reacting to the loss of her son, Mrs Idowu stated that the death was not ordinary, calling on the government to get to the root of the matter.

The bereaved mother who spoke in a four minutes video obtained by OSUN DEFENDER yesterday said he has always discouraged the son from joining politics.

“I have earlier warned him from going into politics, and I encouraged him to be a philanthropist. I was totally against his political moves.

“I was in Lagos when the news came to me on Saturday, his elder sister came to break the news that Richard has been shot at a meeting he attended. I was shocked and asked what he did wrong.

“We left the city to Osun. When we get to Osogbo, we were told he has been taken to the Osun State University Teaching Hospital that his remains would be deposited at the morgue.

“But I told them not to take him to the mortuary because he was shot in the leg. I got to know that it was not an ordinary gun that was shot at him. It has been laced with charm.

He fell on the ground immediately and only spoke two words according to those with him. He only shout “My leg, My leg” and he was rushed to the hospitals. He didn’t tell me anything before he died.

“I have never witnessed such incident in my life. I was also born in that town and gave birth to him there as well. His father is battling with stroke for the past eight years and he goes to the hospital for treatment twice in a week. Richard is the one footing the bill.

“I urge Nigerians to help us by unraveling the misery behind his death. The government should also investigate the matter and get to its root.”

However, Oyeyode, the convener of the meeting has been arrested by the police.

https://www.osundefender.com/my-son-was-shot-with-gun-laced-with-charm-mother-of-pdp-stalwart-killed-in-ejigbo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by TruthsFM: 7:51am On Feb 03
Hmm Nawaoooo 🤔🤔🤔🤔

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by dalongjnr: 7:57am On Feb 03
This is how a rough play cost someone his life.
May we never be victims of someone's carelessness, Amen.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Opintiwa: 8:04am On Feb 03
Politics of black monkeys

. sorry for your loss mama

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Amotolongbo(f): 8:06am On Feb 03
“Before we could get him to the hospital, he had already lost so much blood and there is no good hospital in Ejigbo. He gave up at a private hospital in Ejigbo. The incident happened between 8:00 and 8:30pm on Saturday. He was a PDP chieftain and a lecturer based in the United States of America.”
Can you imagine as big as Ejigbo is.
If there is a good hospital, he would possibly be still alive.

It is high time the well traveled Ejigbo people come together and think of how to develop their town, if the government isn’t showing to be responsible.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Hhansome(m): 8:10am On Feb 03
This administration will favor me and my family!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by muyico(m): 8:15am On Feb 03
thy lord will scale is tru!
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Ibaaboy(m): 8:16am On Feb 03
Politics wahala

Rip

2 Likes

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by emperor4love(m): 8:43am On Feb 03
dalongjnr:
This is how a rough play cost someone his life.
May we never be victims of someone's carelessness, Amen.
this my b intentional not rough play....politice no be ur mate

8 Likes

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by TruthsFM: 8:47am On Feb 03
I call on the Activist in Nigeria to investigate this matter at hand, the man must not die in this manner. People are very wicked.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Nicepoker(m): 9:05am On Feb 03
Amotolongbo:

It is high time the well traveled Ejigbo people come together and think of how to develop their town, if the government isn’t showing to be responsible.
no be ivory coast wey dem de travel to.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by TruthsFM: 9:08am On Feb 03
A STITCH IN TIME WOULD HAVE SAVED DR. RICHARD

The unfortunate incident that led to the death of my dear brother, Dr. Richard Adelani Idowu was one that we could have avoided, if we paid closer attention to quality healthcare, not just in Ejigbo but in Osun State generally.

I was at the scene of the incident and as a matter of fact, I sustained minor wounds from the accidental discharge myself, but that was the first of many unfortunate incidences that occurred that night.

After RAI got hit by that bullet, then began the rush to get him to a Hospital and save his life. The State General Hospital in Ejigbo was not an option as we were well aware of the dysfunctional state of the hospital, due to a shortage of staff.

We proceeded to a Private Hospital in Ejigbo but the service there was also nothing to write home about. I had to give money to a staff of the Hospital to buy fuel so they could power their Generator. There was again no competent hands on the ground to give him necessary emergency care and we left the Hospital for another private Hospital in Ejigbo.

By the time we got there, and coupled with all of the lapses in this second hospital too, we lost a man we should have easily saved. We lost an illustrious son to the dysfunctional state of our healthcare facilities, both public and private.

Ordinarily, the State General Hospital should be our go-to Hospital, but it is a known fact to every Ejigbo dweller that the Hospital is extremely short-staffed. This should have been corrected with the employment of 1500 Health Workers by the Oyetola administration, but the current government canceled the recruitment of the much-needed health workers. Since that step, the General Hospital in Ejigbo has remained a beautiful edifice without qualified hands to run it. This is unfortunate!

The private hospitals in Ejigbo also need to urgently improve their services. Since the death of Dr. Richard, I have heard of several avoidable deaths of that nature that have occurred in those hospitals in the past. The community stakeholders on the Board of those hospitals in Ejigbo need to urgently work on hiring more qualified manpower so that we do not continue to lose people to avoidable situations.

After we lost Ade Ori Okin, I proceeded to take care of my own wound and found it quite disheartening that I had to arrange for the purchase of tetanus injection through a private Nurse, instead of established hospitals. When all of the hospitals in a town do not have ordinary tetanus injections, we know that we have reached a point where we must all pause, reflect, and take urgent action.

In the absence of efficient government intervention, I call on Ejigbo indigenes at home and abroad to come together to build an efficient healthcare delivery system that serves our community optimally, to prevent these unfortunate losses. We owe a duty to ourselves to ensure we do not lose any more lives to this failed healthcare system that we have today.

It is excruciating that we lost our dear brother, Dr. Richard Adelani Idowu (Ade Ori Okin) to the sad occurrence. Still, we must now work tenaciously to ensure that we do not fail ourselves in such a painful manner ever again. A timely stitch would have saved him and we must now ensure that the people of our town get that stitch in time whenever the need arises.

May God bless Ejigbo land and help us make the right decisions for our father land.

Engr. David Ayodele Asalu
(Asler)

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by richiemcgold: 9:13am On Feb 03
He should've fortified himself before venturing into politics. Naija politics is not a child play.

Actually, I expect any aspiring politicians especially in osun to have learnt some lessons from Isiaka Adeleke's death.

aktolly54:
adeleke death is related to medical complications
TUANKU:

Please, what happened to Isiaka Adeleke?

Kindly read the links below:

https://punchng.com/adelekes-death-family-accuses-aregbesola-of-cover-up/

https://punchng.com/rage-as-supporters-protest-isiaka-adelekes-death/?amp

4 Likes

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by TruthsFM: 9:16am On Feb 03
richiemcgold:
He should've fortified himself before venturing into politics. Naija politics is not a child play.
that’s what 100% of people said so far. Politics is very dirty

3 Likes

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Xscape1993(m): 9:23am On Feb 03
Wickedness of men.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by TruthsFM: 9:44am On Feb 03
PRESS STATEMENT OF THE OSUN MASTERMINDS
THE HEALTH SECTOR IN the STATE
We got news of the unfortunate, yet avoidable deathh of a key political figure in Osun State, Dr. Richard Idowu, an indigene of Ejigbo Local Government.
The details of the unfortunate event that led to his deathh makes it pertinent for government to return to the drawing board and change its approach to healthcare delivery in the State. A major town like Ejigbo should have a highly functional and responsive State-owned Hospital with capacity to manage emergency cases such as the gun*shot that kiilled Dr. Idowu. The State General Hospital in Ejigbo, as in other major towns of the State, sadly does not have any such capacity.
We recall, that since the State Government disengaged the 1500 health workers that the immediate past administration employed, no effort has been made to restart the recruitment process, yet, our hospitals continue to suffer acute shortage of manpower.
This State cannot continue to run such risks. State-owned Hospitals in even the State capital are suffering acute shortage of manpower. Government must rise to the occasion immediately, ensuring that the right things are done to deliver better healthcare to the State’s people and stop unfortunate deathhs like that of Dr. Richard Idowu.

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Amotolongbo(f): 9:46am On Feb 03
Nicepoker:
Only Ivory Coast?

The Man that was killed is also based in Ivory Coast?

1 Like

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by TruthsFM: 9:47am On Feb 03
Amotolongbo:
Only Ivory Coast?

nope, he’s a US based lecturer
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by RoxyBrownAutos: 10:09am On Feb 03
This incident is not premeditated,rather an act of carelessness as a result of over zealousness to express show of power.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Rickmann: 11:07am On Feb 03
TruthsFM:
My Son Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother Of PDP Stalwart Killed In Ejigbo

MRS Abigail Idowu, the mother of Richard Idowu, popularly known as Ade-Oriokin, a stalwart of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who was shot dead last Saturday in Ejigbo, Osun State, has revealed how she warned her son from joining politics.

The grieving mother stated that her late son was shot with a gun that had been laced with charm.

OSUN DEFENDER learnt that the young politician was shot after a meeting at a private residence of Prince Eniola Oyeyode, a son of the Ogiyan of Ejigbo, Oba Omowonuola Oyeyode, who was marking his 50th anniversary on the throne.

The incident, which occurred between 8:00 and 8:30pm last Saturday, immediately threw the community into mourning and led to tension among the residents.

OSUN DEFENDER learnt that Idowu was also part of the coronation anniversary, from where he was summoned to a meeting by Oyeyode at his residence located along Inisa Road in Ejigbo.

According to an eyewitness who preferred anonymity, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Ayodele Asalu, and one other person identified as Mr. Timothy were also part of the meeting.

Narrating how the incident happened, a Personal Assistant to the deceased, Afiz Lawal, who said the incident happened in his presence, explained: “Immediately after the coronation party, we were about to start coming to Osogbo when Prince Eniola, son of Ogiyan, told us to go to his house along Inisa road in Ejigbo for a brief meeting. Those who attended the meeting included Hon. Asler (Ayodele Asalu) and one Hon Timothy.

“When the meeting ended, they all dispersed and were entering their vehicles. I heard Prince Eniola saying, release, asking a local hunter there on the premises to release gunshots into the air. Unfortunately, instead of firing into the air, he shot towards the ground. And that was how Hon Richard Idowu was hit on the leg, and he immediately fell.

Asked if the incident could be regarded as a case of misfiring, Lawal further said, “It may be planned or accidental, but I just narrated how the incident happened because I was at the scene. His remains have been deposited at the morgue of UNIOSUN Teaching Hospital, Osogbo.”

Reacting to the loss of her son, Mrs Idowu stated that the death was not ordinary, calling on the government to get to the root of the matter.

The bereaved mother who spoke in a four minutes video obtained by OSUN DEFENDER yesterday said he has always discouraged the son from joining politics.

“I have earlier warned him from going into politics, and I encouraged him to be a philanthropist. I was totally against his political moves.

“I was in Lagos when the news came to me on Saturday, his elder sister came to break the news that Richard has been shot at a meeting he attended. I was shocked and asked what he did wrong.

“We left the city to Osun. When we get to Osogbo, we were told he has been taken to the Osun State University Teaching Hospital that his remains would be deposited at the morgue.

“But I told them not to take him to the mortuary because he was shot in the leg. I got to know that it was not an ordinary gun that was shot at him. It has been laced with charm.

“He fell on the ground immediately and only spoke two words according to those with him. He only shout “My leg, My leg” and he was rushed to the hospitals. He didn’t tell me anything before he died.

“I have never witnessed such incident in my life. I was also born in that town and gave birth to him there as well. His father is battling with stroke for the past eight years and he goes to the hospital for treatment twice in a week. Richard is the one footing the bill.

“I urge Nigerians to help us by unraveling the misery behind his death. The government should also investigate the matter and get to its root.”

However, Oyeyode, the convener of the meeting has been arrested by the police.

https://www.osundefender.com/my-son-was-shot-with-gun-laced-with-charm-mother-of-pdp-stalwart-killed-in-ejigbo/

This story doesn't add up.
They know what they did to him.

4 Likes

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by YorubaKing: 11:11am On Feb 03
richiemcgold:

He should've [b]fortified himself before venturing into politics. Naija politics
is not a child play.

Actually, I expect any aspiring politicians especially in osun to have learnt some lessons from Isiaka Adeleke's death.

[/b]

All for the sole purpose to steal and embezzle innocent citizens money!

It shall NEVER be well with all 9ja Politicians! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by TruthsFM: 11:14am On Feb 03
Rickmann:

This story doesn't add up.
They know what they did to him.
yes soo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Nicepoker(m): 11:18am On Feb 03
Amotolongbo:
Only Ivory Coast?

Your government refused to do the needful and you expect to well traveled to do it.

1 Like

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by fuke(m): 11:29am On Feb 03
Why kill in the name of politics?

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Oblongata: 11:31am On Feb 03
Amotolongbo:

It is high time the well traveled Ejigbo people come came together and think of how to develop their town, if the government isn’t showing to be responsible.
fixed.
With the recent killing of an illustrious son, who go gree take up the mantle?

1 Like

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by emmabest2000(m): 11:31am On Feb 03
That charm is just for decoration

1 Like

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by yusuf0876(m): 11:34am On Feb 03
Nicepoker:
and so Most of them have made a lot of money over there.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Quality20(m): 11:36am On Feb 03
We hope this dirty politics doesn't enter our igboland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: How Jonathan Made Me Finance Minister / Sowore Rescued Nigerians Abused By Soldiers (Throwback Video) / Ndume: I Can No Longer Be Maina’s Surety, He Is Untrustworthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.