Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother (28302 Views)

10-Year-Old Bandits' Informant Arrested In Zamfara. He Had Killed 3 With Gun / Hausa And Yoruba Clash In Ibaban. One Dies As Hausa Man Hits Him With Charm / Thug With Charm Caught With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by ImoleNaija: 1:11pm On Feb 03
Nicepoker:
no be ivory coast wey dem de travel to.

Truly, Ejigbo people & Ivory Coast be like 5&6.

1 Like

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Badadvisor: 1:15pm On Feb 03
OlujobaSamuel:

I thought I'm the only with this view.
The question is, what's the connection between that town(Ejigbo) and Ivory coast, I've met a few of them, it's not like the town is a border town nor are we close to ivory coast
An ejigbo man was once the cos of one of the former president.
Adebayo the footballer is from ejigbo.
Most people from ejigbo are fluent in French
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Badadvisor: 1:16pm On Feb 03
ImoleNaija:

Truly, Ejigbo people & Ivory Coast be like 5&6.
Yeah majority of them are fluent in French
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by davillian(m): 1:22pm On Feb 03
They could not stop the bleeding and cound not provide blood....
What kind of hospital or people were around him?...
Stoping blood on the leg and hand are usually very easy .....
They are not saying what they did to that guy....
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by delishpot: 1:22pm On Feb 03
They have excited the story. It's now a Hunter that shot the gun.
On the other hand, Nigerians seem to think that wound in the legs or arms can not be deadly. If only they knew.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by davillian(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03
delishpot:
They have excited the story. It's now a Hunter that shot the gun.
On the other hand, Nigerians seem to think that wound in the legs or arms can not be deadly. If only they knew.
Any bullet wound can kill
But stoping loss of blood on the hand and leg are usually very easy....
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by dapotemi: 1:53pm On Feb 03
Amotolongbo:
Can you imagine as big as Ejigbo is.
If there is a good hospital, he would possibly be still alive.

It is high time the well traveled Ejigbo people come together and think of how to develop their town, if the government isn’t showing to be responsible.

I know Ejigbo and to be honest if anyone wants to help that town there are better ways to do it that contesting to be ANYTHING!! If this man called his PROFESSOR friends in the U.S that they should help support an initiative like building a small hospital in Ejigbo, you can imagine how that could ha e helped today but rather he wants to leave US to contest for a house of REP in that town.. I'm not justifying Whatever happen to him but am just saying Naija politicians are the SAME, including the INTENDING ones....
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Originalsly: 2:02pm On Feb 03
The man is shot in the leg .... all that is said about saving his life is rushing him to hospital. Is it that no one tried to do anything to stop the bleeding? ... even if they didn't want to use their fine clothing to make bandage.... couldn't the host provide cloth to strap the wound?

I really believe this was a set up and the man allowed to bleed to death. Why would the host order shots to be fired into the air? ... after a meeting? ... why was the hunter there at a private meeting?.... and prepared to fire shots when given the command "release"? ... and this specially selected hunter on this special occasion fired down instead of up? The host needed to be arrested and so should the hunter .... both grilled separately and then the truth will come out.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by soullove1881(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03
TruthsFM:
A STITCH IN TIME WOULD HAVE SAVED DR. RICHARD

The unfortunate incident that led to the death of my dear brother, Dr. Richard Adelani Idowu was one that we could have avoided, if we paid closer attention to quality healthcare, not just in Ejigbo but in Osun State generally.

I was at the scene of the incident and as a matter of fact, I sustained minor wounds from the accidental discharge myself, but that was the first of many unfortunate incidences that occurred that night.

After RAI got hit by that bullet, then began the rush to get him to a Hospital and save his life. The State General Hospital in Ejigbo was not an option as we were well aware of the dysfunctional state of the hospital, due to a shortage of staff.

We proceeded to a Private Hospital in Ejigbo but the service there was also nothing to write home about. I had to give money to a staff of the Hospital to buy fuel so they could power their Generator. There was again no competent hands on the ground to give him necessary emergency care and we left the Hospital for another private Hospital in Ejigbo.

By the time we got there, and coupled with all of the lapses in this second hospital too, we lost a man we should have easily saved. We lost an illustrious son to the dysfunctional state of our healthcare facilities, both public and private.

Ordinarily, the State General Hospital should be our go-to Hospital, but it is a known fact to every Ejigbo dweller that the Hospital is extremely short-staffed. This should have been corrected with the employment of 1500 Health Workers by the Oyetola administration, but the current government canceled the recruitment of the much-needed health workers. Since that step, the General Hospital in Ejigbo has remained a beautiful edifice without qualified hands to run it. This is unfortunate!

The private hospitals in Ejigbo also need to urgently improve their services. Since the death of Dr. Richard, I have heard of several avoidable deaths of that nature that have occurred in those hospitals in the past. The community stakeholders on the Board of those hospitals in Ejigbo need to urgently work on hiring more qualified manpower so that we do not continue to lose people to avoidable situations.

After we lost Ade Ori Okin, I proceeded to take care of my own wound and found it quite disheartening that I had to arrange for the purchase of tetanus injection through a private Nurse, instead of established hospitals. When all of the hospitals in a town do not have ordinary tetanus injections, we know that we have reached a point where we must all pause, reflect, and take urgent action.

In the absence of efficient government intervention, I call on Ejigbo indigenes at home and abroad to come together to build an efficient healthcare delivery system that serves our community optimally, to prevent these unfortunate losses. We owe a duty to ourselves to ensure we do not lose any more lives to this failed healthcare system that we have today.

It is excruciating that we lost our dear brother, Dr. Richard Adelani Idowu (Ade Ori Okin) to the sad occurrence. Still, we must now work tenaciously to ensure that we do not fail ourselves in such a painful manner ever again. A timely stitch would have saved him and we must now ensure that the people of our town get that stitch in time whenever the need arises.

May God bless Ejigbo land and help us make the right decisions for our father land.

Engr. David Ayodele Asalu
(Asler)

I didn't find your write-up intriguing at all.

When did the former governor employ the so-called health workers that you expect the current government not to dismiss? Secondly, what did your government do in their 12 years of ruling Oyo State? 8 years of Aregbe and 4 years of Oyetola?

Above all, was shooting in the air necessary in the first place? What if the misfiring hit a less privileged individual? Would you have been this remorseful?
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Amotolongbo(f): 2:17pm On Feb 03
Oblongata:
fixed.
With the rcent killing of an illustrious son, who go gree take up the mantle?
see this one correcting English.
Please where are you?
I don’t want to believe you are in Nigeria.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Myer(m): 2:20pm On Feb 03
Amotolongbo:

It is high time the well traveled Ejigbo people come together and think of how to develop their town, if the government isn’t showing to be responsible.
Well said.
However there's no coincidence in the spirit.
Quite unfortunate that he would die simply from an unnecessary display by politicians. What was the essence of "releasing"?

His grieving mother should summon the courage to confront those who murdered her son, no matter their influence. The PA of the deceased has already given account of the primary suspect.
The Prince should be charged with murder.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by AllenSpencer: 2:34pm On Feb 03
Opintiwa:
Politics of black monkeys

. sorry for your loss mama

STFU morafvcker!

When President of foreign nations are assassinated, Do you call them “White monkeys”

Wannabe!

Morafvcker!
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by sajiwere(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03
Needed sorrows that should be avoided if necessary things is done, if God will save a soul from clog of death I think health care assistance is vital not in the hands of tailor or fashion designer they call themselves

quote author=TruthsFM post=128265112]PRESS STATEMENT OF THE OSUN MASTERMINDS
THE HEALTH SECTOR IN the STATE
We got news of the unfortunate, yet avoidable deathh of a key political figure in Osun State, Dr. Richard Idowu, an indigene of Ejigbo Local Government.
The details of the unfortunate event that led to his deathh makes it pertinent for government to return to the drawing board and change its approach to healthcare delivery in the State. A major town like Ejigbo should have a highly functional and responsive State-owned Hospital with capacity to manage emergency cases such as the gun*shot that kiilled Dr. Idowu. The State General Hospital in Ejigbo, as in other major towns of the State, sadly does not have any such capacity.
We recall, that since the State Government disengaged the 1500 health workers that the immediate past administration employed, no effort has been made to restart the recruitment process, yet, our hospitals continue to suffer acute shortage of manpower.
This State cannot continue to run such risks. State-owned Hospitals in even the State capital are suffering acute shortage of manpower. Government must rise to the occasion immediately, ensuring that the right things are done to deliver better healthcare to the State’s people and stop unfortunate deathhs like that of Dr. Richard Idowu.[/quote]
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by EbenezerTriumph: 2:52pm On Feb 03
richiemcgold:
He should've fortified himself before venturing into politics. Naija politics is not a child play.

Actually, I expect any aspiring politicians especially in osun to have learnt some lessons from Isiaka Adeleke's death.

Kindly read the links below:

https://punchng.com/adelekes-death-family-accuses-aregbesola-of-cover-up/

https://punchng.com/rage-as-supporters-protest-isiaka-adelekes-death/?amp
he fortified, that's why his killers laced the bullets with charm
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Calitoscassius(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03
Normal people should stay away from Naijeeria, Naijeeria is not a place for normal humans.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Kingzjayzee: 2:57pm On Feb 03
It is a pity. Rather unfortunate
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Father4all: 3:03pm On Feb 03
This is the main suspect

1 Like

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by margaret231: 3:20pm On Feb 03
We hope this dirty politics doesn't enter our igbolandWe hope this dirty politics doesn't enter our igboland...
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by usagee36: 4:16pm On Feb 03
I think this act is common in osun. They love juju so much.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Calitoscassius(m): 4:44pm On Feb 03
There is no such thing called gun laced with charms, it doesn't exist.

He was probarbly shot with an Ak 47/Kalashnikov. And as it was reported he lost a lot of blood, so he died! Kalashnikov would have tored his leg apart.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Yadid(m): 5:34pm On Feb 03
My takeaway from the story is it looks planned. More so, given that it happened around 8pm to 8:30pm. It's night already. A man can be easily killed under the pretext of gun salute at that time. The more reason they quickly killed the person who shot him.

A mob couldn't have killed the guard around that time. Also, this is a home of a prince. It's a private property. So which mob would have been aware of who was shot in that compound at that time and which mob would have dared venture into a private property around that time to go and avenge a man that was shot? Too many lapses in the story.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by MasterTeeUSA: 7:35pm On Feb 03
when our association renovated and expanded Isara Hospital..we learnt of another hospital that was fixed...the person's mother or father got sick...the hospital in town was a mess and he or she died. The son now decided to renovate..the people with Nigeria and Nigerians is..we are always reactive...you don't need to wait till a problem hits home. Every year, my foundation renovates public school...one building per year per school...running to private schools won't solve the problem..the children in run down public schools will become tomorrow's agbero and touts that will make the life of private school children worse as adults. We must all think ahead and give hope and support the community even if it doesn't benefit us directly. Instead of opening more mosques or churches, why not invest in public schools and hospitals...be the change you want to see.

Amotolongbo:

1 Like

Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Benrosaria(m): 9:33pm On Feb 03
dalongjnr:
This is how a rough play cost someone his life.
May we never be victims of someone's carelessness, Amen.

Eventually we are all victims of carelessness cause everyone cares about it's own self
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by tete7000(m): 5:07am On Feb 04
Maybe he should have listened to his mother. What an elderly person seeing standing, a young child standing top of a tree might not see it.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Opintiwa: 9:35am On Feb 04
AllenSpencer:

STFU morafvcker!

When President of foreign nations are assassinated, Do you call them “White monkeys”

Wannabe!

Morafvcker!

Your mother?
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:34am On Feb 04
Dzzzz:
..Them never see better gun that’s why..Oyibo wey do bullet proof Na him still do armor piercing bullets..DEY PLAY

Oga what you don't know is more than you. Abi u think politicians visiting India is for tourism? Lol
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by Dzzzz: 4:42pm On Feb 04
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Oga what you don't know is more than you. Abi u think politicians visiting India is for tourism? Lol
..Sorry oo Buddha.
Re: Richard Idowu Was Shot With Gun Laced With Charm – Mother by DAREH13: 10:17pm On Feb 04
Ori Asler buru
That thing he's running upandan for he'll never see it

We know their plan works already

TruthsFM:
A STITCH IN TIME WOULD HAVE SAVED DR. RICHARD

The unfortunate incident that led to the death of my dear brother, Dr. Richard Adelani Idowu was one that we could have avoided, if we paid closer attention to quality healthcare, not just in Ejigbo but in Osun State generally.

I was at the scene of the incident and as a matter of fact, I sustained minor wounds from the accidental discharge myself, but that was the first of many unfortunate incidences that occurred that night.

After RAI got hit by that bullet, then began the rush to get him to a Hospital and save his life. The State General Hospital in Ejigbo was not an option as we were well aware of the dysfunctional state of the hospital, due to a shortage of staff.

We proceeded to a Private Hospital in Ejigbo but the service there was also nothing to write home about. I had to give money to a staff of the Hospital to buy fuel so they could power their Generator. There was again no competent hands on the ground to give him necessary emergency care and we left the Hospital for another private Hospital in Ejigbo.

By the time we got there, and coupled with all of the lapses in this second hospital too, we lost a man we should have easily saved. We lost an illustrious son to the dysfunctional state of our healthcare facilities, both public and private.

Ordinarily, the State General Hospital should be our go-to Hospital, but it is a known fact to every Ejigbo dweller that the Hospital is extremely short-staffed. This should have been corrected with the employment of 1500 Health Workers by the Oyetola administration, but the current government canceled the recruitment of the much-needed health workers. Since that step, the General Hospital in Ejigbo has remained a beautiful edifice without qualified hands to run it. This is unfortunate!

The private hospitals in Ejigbo also need to urgently improve their services. Since the death of Dr. Richard, I have heard of several avoidable deaths of that nature that have occurred in those hospitals in the past. The community stakeholders on the Board of those hospitals in Ejigbo need to urgently work on hiring more qualified manpower so that we do not continue to lose people to avoidable situations.

After we lost Ade Ori Okin, I proceeded to take care of my own wound and found it quite disheartening that I had to arrange for the purchase of tetanus injection through a private Nurse, instead of established hospitals. When all of the hospitals in a town do not have ordinary tetanus injections, we know that we have reached a point where we must all pause, reflect, and take urgent action.

In the absence of efficient government intervention, I call on Ejigbo indigenes at home and abroad to come together to build an efficient healthcare delivery system that serves our community optimally, to prevent these unfortunate losses. We owe a duty to ourselves to ensure we do not lose any more lives to this failed healthcare system that we have today.

It is excruciating that we lost our dear brother, Dr. Richard Adelani Idowu (Ade Ori Okin) to the sad occurrence. Still, we must now work tenaciously to ensure that we do not fail ourselves in such a painful manner ever again. A timely stitch would have saved him and we must now ensure that the people of our town get that stitch in time whenever the need arises.

May God bless Ejigbo land and help us make the right decisions for our father land.

Engr. David Ayodele Asalu
(Asler)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Operatives Ransack Usman Jibrin's House In Kogi / Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 / Shehu Sani's Father, Muhammad Sani Hassan In 1972 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.