Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Reminisce Of 2013 Afcon Winning Pattern In 2024. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reminisce Of 2013 Afcon Winning Pattern In 2024. (131 Views)

Senegal Awards $87,000 Cash, Land To AFCON Winning Squad / 2013 AFCON Heroes: Where Are They Now? / I’ll Give Iwobi AFCON Winning Tips – Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reminisce Of 2013 Afcon Winning Pattern In 2024. by starstaz(m): 8:07am On Feb 03
2013 vs 2024 : Player for player

In many previous edition of Afcon, the Nigeria team were known for classical smooth slimming passes via the wings play with mesmerizing flair that is predicated on soft touches and less physicality. Sometimes in my local environment we used to describe the Nigerian pattern as an Ajebutter football. This is because of its richness in combining the flair of the samba style from Brazil and the fluidity of tiki taka style of the orange dutch and more importantly on the emphasis of a Nigerian heavy reliance on a playmaker or Magician 10 that evolved during this era : Jay Jay Okocha, Thompson Oliha, Oruma , Etim esin and Henry Nwosu . The last two were even considered to be highly distinguished in their short carrier with the super eagles and even better than Jay Jay, however I was too little to watched them live during their stint with the National team .

With the end of the golden era ,heralded after the exit of the mercurial icon of the game - Jay Jay -from the national team, The super eagles loss the heart and soul of our traditional philosophical football and this lead to (1) Loss of fear factor among African team for the eagles ,
( 2,) our inability to qualify for two consecutive editions of Afcon. These sequence of events lead to the acquisition of a Local gaffer in the person of the Big Boss Stephen Keshi with the Mandate of returning us back to our Inherent classical style of wings play that I epitomize in the first paragraph. Hence, there was a problem, we no longer have a congenitally gifted player No 10 any longer in the mode of Jay Jay and Etim esin. Moreover, football has also changed or evolved with several European coaches placing emphasis on midfield football and they were getting results evidence by winning trophy. A dilemma was created.

Thinking outside the Box, the Big Boss decided to use the strength of our team and the philosophy of our attackers in 2013 to create another winning style of play which rely heavily on smartness and physicality away from our traditional smooth flowing passes of the past via the wings play of ( segun odegbami, Amasiamaka,Finidi George, victor ikpeba,Amuneke, Garba Lawal, TJ Babangida et al, who all etched their names in Gold in their traditional 7 and 11 Style). The next paragraph will bring into focus how 2013 mirror 2024.

Victor Moses v Ademola Lookman

The fibre of our glorious attacking arrow head on the successful 2013 final in South African was the ex-chealsea player victor Moses. Who has the following characteristics despite his low center of gravity, stamina, grit, unaccountable stamina and power, very physical and above all extremely intelligent. We were able to use this attribute of victor Moses to conquer Africa despite lacking plenty options in our traditional areas of No 10. The new kid on the block playing exactly with the attributes of victor Moses is Ademola Lookman .

In those days of victor Moses, you can watched the super eagles on a tempo that will not bring you high blood pressure and that similarities in their style of play is bringing back Nostalgic feelings that truly : we can do it again with cautious optimism .
Re: Reminisce Of 2013 Afcon Winning Pattern In 2024. by Amotolongbo(f): 8:19am On Feb 03
This is because of its richness in combining the flair of the samba style from Brazil and the fluidity of tiki taka style of the orange dutch and more importantly on the emphasis of a Nigerian heavy reliance on a playmaker or Magician 10 that evolved during this era : Jay Jay Okocha, Thompson Oliha, Oruma , Etim esin and Henry Nwosu .
Wilson Oruma, a magician 10 in the Super Eagles?🧐

1 Like

Re: Reminisce Of 2013 Afcon Winning Pattern In 2024. by starstaz(m): 8:39am On Feb 03
starstaz:
2013 vs 2024 : Player for player

In many previous edition of Afcon, the Nigeria team were known for classical smooth slimming passes via the wings play with mesmerizing flair that is predicated on soft touches and less physicality. Sometimes in my local environment we used to describe the Nigerian pattern as an Ajebutter football. This is because of its richness in combining the flair of the samba style from Brazil and the fluidity of tiki taka style of the orange dutch and more importantly on the emphasis of a Nigerian heavy reliance on a playmaker or Magician 10 that evolved during this era : Jay Jay Okocha, Thompson Oliha, Oruma , Etim esin and Henry Nwosu . The last two were even considered to be highly distinguished in their short carrier with the super eagles and even better than Jay Jay, however I was too little to watched them live during their stint with the National team .

With the end of the golden era ,heralded after the exit of the mercurial icon of Jay Jay from the national team, The super eagles loss the heart and soul of our philosophical football and this lead to 1)lossof fear factor among African team , 2, our inability to qualify for two consecutive editions of Afcons . These sequence of events lead to the acquisition of a Local gaffer in the person of the Big Boss Stephen Keshi with the Mandate of returning us back to our classical style of wings play that I epitomize in the first paragraph. Hence, there was a problem, we no longer have a congenitally gifted player No 10 any longer in the mode of Jay Jay and Etim esin. Moreover, football has also changed or evolved with several European coaches placing emphasis on midfield football and they were getting results evidence by winning trophy. A dilemma was created.

Thinking outside the Box, the Big Boss decided to use the strength of our team and the philosophy of our attackers in 2013 to create another winning style of play which rely heavily on smartness and physicality away from our traditional smooth flowing passes of the past via the wings play if ( segun odegbami, Amasiamaka,Finidi George, victor ikpeba,Amuneke, Garba Lawal, traditional 7 and 11 Style). The next paragraph will bring into focus how 2013 mirror 2024.

Victor Moses v Ademola Lookman

The fibre of our glorious attacking arrow head on the successful 2013 final in South African was the ex-chealsea player victor Moses. Who has the following characteristics despite his low center of gravity, stamina, grit, unaccountable stamina and power, very physical and above all extremely intelligent. We were able to use this attribute of victor Moses to conquer Africa despite lacking plenty options in our traditional areas of No 10. The new kid on the block playing exactly with the attributes of victor Moses is Ademola Lookman .

In those days of victor Moses, you can watched the super eagles on a tempo that will not bring you high blood pressure and that similarities in their style of play is bringing back Nostalgic feelings that truly : we can do it again with cautious optimism .

A simple advice to the current African footballer of the year : Victor Osimhen

I have noticed a recurring pattern of play in this our illustrious son of west Africa particularly when playing for his fatherland and that is offside of playing in International matches and I want this guy to make drastic changes to his style.

3 crucial matches offside play

1) Vs Ghana 2nd Leg in Abuja
: Victor was the arrow head in our inability to qualify for the last world cup in Qatar. We could have won d Black stars by 2-1 only for victor goal to be ruled offside. He placed himself inches above the Ghana last defender and that singular error cost us a caustic mistake that eliminated us. More painful was that victor goal was one intelligent goal that any striker of notes will want in his memorabilia. This error is becoming too frequent for a world class player like victor. He needs to quickly fixed this unwanted pattern of his play . School boy error must stop.

2) Vs Angola QFinal in Afcon : same yesterday. He committed same singular error. At a point we need additional goal to ward off any challenges of the negras of dreaming about a comeback . Such a schoolboy error is unnecessary for a King.

3) Vs either Lesotho or Zimbabwe:[/b]One of victor goal was also disallowed due to similar circumstances.

[b]Verdict
: The king should adjust and correct this weakness of his so that the National team can rip maximally from his astounding performance.
Re: Reminisce Of 2013 Afcon Winning Pattern In 2024. by Bluntguy: 8:49am On Feb 03
starstaz:

A simple advice to the current African footballer of the year : Victor Osimhen

I have noticed a recurring pattern of play in this our illustrious son of west Africa particularly when playing for his fatherland and that is offside of playing in International matches and I want this guy to make drastic changes to his style.

3 crucial matches offside play

1) Vs Ghana 2nd Leg in Abuja: Victor was the arrow head in our inability to qualify for the last world cup in Qatar. We could have won d Black stars by 2-1 only for victor goal to be ruled offside. He placed himself inches above the Ghana last defender and that singular error cost us a caustic mistake that eliminated us. More painful was that victor goal was one intelligent goal that any striker of notes will want in his memorabilia. This error is becoming too frequent for a world class player like victor. He needs to quickly fixed this unwanted pattern of his play . School boy error must stop.

2) Vs Angola QFinal in Afcon : same yesterday. He committed same singular error. At a point we need additional goal to ward off any challenges of the negras of dreaming about a comeback . Such a schoolboy error is unnecessary for a King.

3) Vs either Lesotho or Zimbabwe:One of victor goal was also disallowed due to similar circumstances.

Verdict: The king should adjust and correct this weakness of his so that the National team can rip maximally from his astounding performance.
You mean no Ronaldo or Messi goals have been ruled offside before? You are too harsh on Victor to call that school boy error.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reminisce Of 2013 Afcon Winning Pattern In 2024. by starstaz(m): 9:01am On Feb 03
Bluntguy:

You mean no Ronaldo or Messi goals have been ruled offside before? You are too harsh on Victor to call that school boy error.
Am relying on evidential data. I placed emphasis on frequency and I am just begging the king for Adjustment to make him a complete goal machine. Victor is unarguably the best player on the continent and best Ten in the world. Where I want him to be is Best 3. Hence, this little correction and adjustment can catapult him to the level of Big 3 in the world. Am a big fan of Victor and his presence alone gives me confidence, goosebumps and feeling of Yeking incarnate. This piece is advisory .

(1) (Reply)

Mohamed Salah Sets New Premier League Record / Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations / Football Prediction For Today 23/2/2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.