Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. (16733 Views)

Atiku Is Not Considering Igbos After 22 Years Servitude / FG Not Bothered By US Lawmakers’ Moves To Halt $875m Defence Equipments / Malami: FG Not After Twitter Users, But Those Aiding Twitter To Flout Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Russianlord101(m): 11:21am On Feb 03
Fake news
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Massiveglory: 11:22am On Feb 03
Your dullness is legendary young boy.
This is why tinubu poverty and hunger has silenced you all this while.

I know you here with your tinubu shout before elections. Hunger and pains have silenced you.

If you have just a slight understanding of what that bondage loan involves for Nigeria, you will stone tinubu head.
A loan you can easily take here without such bondage repayment conditions.

If by this time, your head is still the same, your case is finished.

Tareq1105:

It's obvious you don't understand the agreement.

It's payment for crude supply in advance so stop the misinformation.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by kelly72: 11:23am On Feb 03
On Tuesday morning, I will take out all my dollars from my dom account and leave it empty for them. I will then find a nice place in my house or office to keep my $ savings.

I have a right to save my few money in whatever currency I choose. Those who destroyed this economy know themselves. When they were carrying stolen public money in bullion vans to their houses on election day, they didn't realise what damage they were doing to the country they are now pretending to love.

Now because I have saved my hard earned 2 shillings in a dom account just as they have hundreds of foreign accounts where they store their loot, they are speculating daily how to cease my money.

I will not only remove it and keep in my house, but painfully convert what is left in Naira so as to halt the daily loss of value. I regret not changing all my money to $ when it was still 792/$. That's my biggest regret.

Very clueless criminals so desperate for power for no reason other than self aggrandizement.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Floky215: 11:25am On Feb 03
Kingpele:
Hahaha Hahaha there's little patriotism in Nigeria amongst the citizens but the very worse of us has planted themselves in a position of trust and directly in charge of the economy...I won't be surprised if I hear that people in government is the one hoarding dollars ..making it difficult for people who need dollars for important international business transactions

How can the citizens be patriotic when the leaders themselves are not and never patriotic?

3 Likes

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by nedekid: 11:29am On Feb 03
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by casualobserver: 11:30am On Feb 03
naptu2:
Office of the SA on social media to PBAT @Dolusegun16

Office of the SA on Social Media to PBAT

They should though. If you don’t earn or conduct business in forex what do you need a dom account for except currency speculation?

I read somewhere that even in Saudi residents are not allowed to keep foreign currency longer than 1 month.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by DrAda(f): 11:31am On Feb 03
nickae:
Every rumour has an element of truth. They will eventually get to it if things continue like this

Thank you. This is just feeler, a prelude or a pilot study.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by theredaddy: 11:32am On Feb 03
kettykin:
We were already waiting for them , brainless people, come and touch my Dom account and see problem. Useless good for nothing government and their stewpid advisors

What will you do ?? cheesy even more ordinary lasma will deal with you, una go just come online they feel like cheesy
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by NairaLTQ: 11:34am On Feb 03
RepoMan007:
No dollar no dollar yet we have so much dollar seating idle and hoping it sells for N5000.
Now the exchange rate has been collapsed properly, those speculators will start scheming to have the naira weaken on both windows so they can sell with profit. I blame the FG who kept pumping cheap dollar into banks and trusting them to sell it cheap.
We don't have dollars because
1. The previous government have sold our oil into the future and spent the collected dollar proceeds from it. Right now we are just exporting to fulfill our obligations without getting returns
2. Nigeria is a consumer nation and we import virtually all that we use from paper to pencils to erazers to clothes to chemicals etc. We cannot generate as much dollar as we need for these importations
3. Converting ALL dollars into Naira forcefully will solve our problem for probably 3 weeks. What happens after we finish spending it on importations

This is the Genesis of our problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Oghene86: 11:34am On Feb 03
naptu2:
Office of the SA on social media to PBAT @Dolusegun16

Office of the SA on Social Media to PBAT

The government should go and look for their dollar and allow peoples dollars to remain in peace.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Achoghim: 11:36am On Feb 03
Is Mopol shooting people the best your Emilokan govt can do to save the nosediving economy? Indeed, you all are completely shameless.
Coldspice:

You're just a loudmouth. They will convert your few dollars to Naira and deposit the Naira equivalent into your Naira account. There's absolutely nothing you can do but cry.

If you go to cause trouble at the bank, the Mopol there will shoot you dead.

The Naira you refused collecting, your next of kin will use it for your burial.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Oghene86: 11:37am On Feb 03
kelly72:
On Tuesday morning, I will take out all my dollars from my dom account and leave it empty for them. I will then find a nice place in my house or office to keep my $ savings.

I have a right to save my few money in whatever currency I choose. Those who destroyed this economy know themselves. When they were carrying stolen public money in bullion vans to their houses on election day, they didn't realise what damage they were doing to the country they are now pretending to love.

Now because I have saved my hard earned 2 shillings in a dom account just as they have hundreds of foreign accounts where they store their loot, they are speculating daily how to cease my money.

I will not only remove it and keep in my house, but painfully convert what is left in Naira so as to halt the daily loss of value. I regret not changing all my money to $ when it was still 792/$. That's my biggest regret.

Very clueless criminals so desperate for power for no reason other than self aggrandizement.

Please tell them, they need to be told.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Fiscus105(m): 11:39am On Feb 03
ncoolsome:

Hospitals don't take dollars as means of exchange they charge in dollars and take naira equivalent...Nigeria is a consuming country which is inport dependent even dangote still sources for dollar to import crude when we thought he wld help stabilize the market...

How many hospitals do u know?

Oga do ur research very well, some hospitals, schools, hotels, airlines etc take dollar instead of naira in business they do within Nigeria territory.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by casualobserver: 11:40am On Feb 03
I am totally in support of converting dom accounts to Naira. They are the ones killing the Naira. They are the ones buying dollars just to put in the bank. The Farmers, students, bus drivers, don’t have dom accounts.

If you really are someone who has legitimate need for forex, you will have an account abroad. Dom account holders have abused the privilege and have become currency speculators.

2 Likes

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Tboymessiah(m): 11:41am On Feb 03
9jvirgin:
How do people like Bola Tinubu have supporters? As a Yoruba man, I prefer to give my money to my Igbo friends than give my money to a Yoruba man who is a no brainer.

Remember your fada is Yoruba man who is a no brainer
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Jackson105: 11:41am On Feb 03
DEROX:
angry i Feel sad being a yoruba This man is just a fool making people justify the hatred for him and yoruba as a whole, Nigerians last president was musa yar adua

Maybe you can kill yourself, instead of feeling sad then.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Jackson105: 11:44am On Feb 03
9jvirgin:
How do people like Bola Tinubu have supporters? As a Yoruba man, I prefer to give my money to my Igbo friends than give my money to a Yoruba man who is a no brainer.

Keep fooling yourself
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Lifemanage: 11:45am On Feb 03
If it is true, let it be done? Invest in naira into the economy. This is wrong betting against naira in ur own country. Criminality promaxed
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Adolfnigeria: 11:47am On Feb 03
@ RepoMan007

People like you are really dumb and are just the jealous type.
Even in the UK anybody can open a foreign currency account.
Countries that have tried this experiment include lebanon, argentina, and Iran.

The economy will just collapse...and 20,000NGN to 1USD will come to pass.

RepoMan007:
No dollar no dollar yet we have so much dollar seating idle and hoping it sells for N5000.
Now the exchange rate has been collapsed properly, those speculators will start scheming to have the naira weaken on both windows so they can sell with profit. I blame the FG who kept pumping cheap dollar into banks and trusting them to sell it cheap.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Dsimmer: 11:48am On Feb 03
Nigeria transaction is in naira. This is part of corruption I was talking about. If anyone wants to spend in dollars, he should go live in abroad. This is the time to start setting things right. This is a new year.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by RepoMan007: 11:50am On Feb 03
Adolfnigeria:
@ RepoMan007

People like you are really dumb and are just the jealous type.
Even in the UK anybody can open a foreign currency account.
Countries that have tried this experiment include lebanon, argentina, and Iran.

The economy will just collapse...and 20,000NGN to 1USD will come to pass.

Go and finish your roasted cassava and palm oil lunch oga.

1 Like

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Yestogood: 11:52am On Feb 03
nickae:
Every rumour has an element of truth. They will eventually get to it if things continue like this

They can't.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:53am On Feb 03
Lifemanage:
If it is true, let it be done? Invest in naira into the economy. This is wrong betting against naira in ur own country. Criminality promaxed

It is also wrong looting public funds and stashing them out of the country

It is wrong japaing abroad, schooling abroad, treatment abroad, buying houses abroad and so on 🤣🤣
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by BreconHills(m): 11:53am On Feb 03
Massiveglory:
How far with the $3 billion Emergency Crude Repayment Loan from African Export-Import (AFREXIM) Bank that comes with a bondage madness repayment of about $12 billion?

Tinubu is a bad man with bad intentions.

Fake news. The loan is a crude for cash deal pegged to a lower than current oil price - which is an ingenious way of using crude rather than expensive and risky market price. Higher than expected prices since deal was inked have shown the wisdom of the deal.

Una go explain taya. O ma re yin.
Nigeria will succeed.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Nickxander11(m): 11:54am On Feb 03
nedekid:

Omo, I am not waiting to find out. As I write, I have moved my cash from regular gt dom acct to mastercard. From there na to transfer the owo abroad sharp sharp. First thing Monday morning, I de go another bank go withdraw my "0ri Iya charlie" in cash.
Once you hear hint of this kind tori, know say them get plans to do am. After messing up the country, buying 400 lancruiser suv at $150k each, they have finally put eyes on people's dom aza. Funny thing is their millions and billions of dollars wount be touched. It is the $100, 1k, 2k etc ordinary Nigerians have they will put eye.

Is it possible to open a foreign account from Nigeria?
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by LordFA: 11:55am On Feb 03
[quote author=Kingpele post=128266136][/quote]

That's what they don't understand
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Angelfrost(m): 11:57am On Feb 03
In every 'fake' and denied report, just know the truth might be lurking around.

If you have a Dom account with lots of Dollars in it as a private citizen, better start looking to open foreign accounts or find a way to push the money to a trusted relative or friend based outside.

Better yet, try borrow address abroad and open a PayPal account.

These people eye don enter una money... Take it or leave it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Oritna94(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03
BannedUser:
Hehe. Save yourselves from the stress and save your dollars as USDT or USDC in your crypto wallet, away from the control of any Nigerian bank.

My exact thought. I have a hard wallet. Works perfectly. Only me and God can access it.....
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by heed101(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03
I have said it. Dollar utilization policy should be in banks. If you store your money in foreign currency there should be genuine purpose and not for speculation purpose.

The threat of losing it to the state should be the penalty.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by nedekid: 12:02pm On Feb 03
Nickxander11:

Is it possible to open a foreign account from Nigeria?
I really do not know as I have not researched that.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Angelfrost(m): 12:03pm On Feb 03
Kingpele:
Hahaha Hahaha there's little patriotism in Nigeria amongst the citizens but the very worse of us has planted themselves in a position of trust and directly in charge of the economy...I won't be surprised if I hear that people in government is the one hoarding dollars ..making it difficult for people who need dollars for important international business transactions

You won't be surprised?!!

Like it's a secret that the main people hoarding Dollars and killing the Naira are Politicians, starting with Jagaban and Atiku.

Let's quit living in denial abeg.

A thief can't eradicate stealing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaves His Polling Unit In Daura, After Casting His Vote / Your education is shallow – Ganduje attacks Kwankwaso / APC Holds Town Hall Meeting On Election Management In Surulere (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.