Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 - Sports (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 (149566 Views)

Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 / Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 / Senegal Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Round-Of-16 (4 - 5)pens On 29th January 2024 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by ufotunang: 1:04am On Feb 12
Our midfield was not effective...Alex iwobi performed badly in the midfield..the ivorians dominated and controlled the midfield and out pressure on our defense
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by jonadaft: 1:05am On Feb 12
Sibetolo:
Why the curse ? From a slime like you. Sorry for your loss.
Ọdẹ
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by VeryWickedMan: 1:05am On Feb 12
Seun must shut down this forum if he knows what's good for him. How can we get to the final and lose

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by ufotunang: 1:06am On Feb 12
Kundagarten:

Our midfield was incredibly bad. -None of them was creative. Strikers are only as good as the supply of balls.
..Alex iwobi performed bad in the midfield...he did not supply our attackers the ball and ivorians dominated and controlled the midfield

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Banbanna(m): 1:07am On Feb 12
Wow! You do understand things. That Gradel guy is indeed a man of gratitude.
That was his own way of showing appreciation for the second chance that was given to them.
emmabest2000:

Na Morocco teams gave them second chance by winning their last group match

If not CIV teams wouldn't have made it to round of 16
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by FalseProphet1(m): 1:08am On Feb 12
Tallesty1:
Wow, your laughter is truly contagious! Laughter lightens the mood and can create unexpected connections. I once read a book where there was a lady who laughed all the time, and people adored her for it. The author paid great attention when describing her laughter; you could almost see her laughing. She was my favorite character in the book.

I don't laugh like that sha, men don't do that.
That's not true men do laugh.

Sometimes, during deliverance sessions, I do laugh very loudly and weird that the demon possessing the person would run away. And the person would be delivered.

This I have seen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Banbanna(m): 1:13am On Feb 12
That Haller guy and the Brighton man, Adingra kinda came late to the latter stages of the comp, because they were not yet fit
Jazzman01:

I wouldn't blame him much. Haller is a world class striker. What he did there was pure instinct and no body would have expected him to try such. I wonder where they have kept him all these while. I never knew he was even from Africa until I saw him in their game against Congo. He was introduced into the tournament in the game against Congo and he got the winner for them. When I saw him, I knew he would cause all sort of problems for us the guy is too dangerous. There was a season he was scoring in almost every game in the champions league. He was playing for Ajax then I guess.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by garfield1: 1:31am On Feb 12
RainMoreDFARMS:
Went for this when SE was leading

Show love sir
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by RepoMan007: 1:33am On Feb 12
Seun:
Why is this small country comprehensively outplaying us? We have more raw talent and we live for football.
the Nigerians crowd mentality doesn't extent to football.
11 vs 11.
Discipline is the soul of an army they say.
The Ivorians are clearly better in all department and more selfless at individual level.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:45am On Feb 12
EniHolar:

But it can kill my appetite
I hope say you dey okay? Trying to check on you after yesterday's match..
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by gloryman91: 1:50am On Feb 12
Congratulations.

Please go and off your generators.

What is the essence of 85.5% of country watching the final match without stable power supplies.

What a poor Nation NIGERIA ?

Cote' d' Voire has 24hours Power supplies always, constantly for the past years.

Shame to the Nigeria leaders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by lollybizzu(m): 1:57am On Feb 12
Lance008:

😂😂😂😂😂
Enter tv go meet am or better stil apply for he job make u carry next Afcon
No harm in trying

I have a good paying job here in Canada. Just still very passionate about Naija. Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by sonssyo: 2:10am On Feb 12
aariwa:
Good question bro. I am in my 40s . I knew when he started campaign to be governor in my final year and graduation. Anambra was a hopeless state then. A state with so much potential but was rated thirty something in all indices and was ranking the same level with birni kebbi and all those northern state. When Obi came out I hated him ( and a lot of anambra people did too) more than any politician in Nigeria first reason was the love we had for Ngige ( due to his honest leadership in that 34 months as governor) was unmatchable even up till today so overthrowing Ngige through court was too much of a pain to us. Secondly his voice was hated by a lot of people because people wondered why he sounded that way and mocked him. Thirdly and the worst was he was always talking about saving government money. Then people believed government money is limitless due to Abacha saga then and that anybody trying to save it is an enemy of the people. Lastly a lot of people from past experiences in anambra never trusted any politicians and believed all the things he was saying were all lies, he said he built almost 80% of the roads in the villages but nobody believed him because he hardly commissions any project he builds, so as in customary anambra people travel him a lot for Christmas. In December 2009 a lot of people that never had roads in their communities saw there were roads then so they turned against us pro ngige supporters with what they saw and he won all the villages in anambra in 2010 elections for his second term while ngige won the cities . I started liking him in 2013 close to end of his tenure when a friend of mine a popular musician and an ardent Obi supporter then took me on a tour throughout the whole state for two weeks. He built( not repaired) roads and bridges that connected the 176 communities in anambra . He won the millennium development goals award multiple time for being the best governor based on all the indices outlined by MDG for measuring growth in Africa.Anambra was the safest state in Nigeria in his last five years. Anambra before him used classrooms as local government headquarters, go there today as see the kind of structures he built in the 21 local government headquarters. Took anambra from number 30 to number 1 in education.Teaching hospitals nko , agric nko, renovations of all healthcare facilities nko? Orient refinery nko?He was the only governor in Nigeria that did all he did without borrowing a dime from anybody, left anambra totally debt free and never owed any civil servant , was never invited by EFCC when he left office.If he were president He would have channeled the money from subsidy and savings from running a lean government to farmers and lowered food prices and created jobs too because if youths see the crazy billions he is spending directly on farmers instead of the norm on politicians every youth would want to become a farmer instead of a content creator. He would have flushed out bandits and herdsmen about 4 months ago, empowered small businesses to boos economy of Nigeria, used taxes from there to start paying back Nigeria’s 87 trillion naira debt, end destruction of illegal refineries in Niger delta and instead encourage more Nigerians with funding to construct more mini modular refineries even if 500 liters per day with the aim of crashing fuel price. Implementation of the 4 year blueprint for steady electricity he went and copies from Egypt…Nigeria would have come alive under Peter Obi

Obi is happy jare, people thought they were doing him a favour.very humble dude

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Godseed: 2:27am On Feb 12
Nigeria chose the final match to have its worst game in the tournament

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Chummynoni(m): 2:28am On Feb 12
gloryman91:
Congratulations.

Please go and off your generators.

What is the essence of 85.5% of country watching the final match without stable power supplies.

What a poor Nation NIGERIA ?

Cote' d' Voire has 24hours Power supplies always, constantly for the past years.

Shame to the Nigeria leaders.
na wetin pain me pass be this. Foooolish people just restored the light.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by aariwa(m): 2:29am On Feb 12
sonssyo:

Obi is happy jare, people thought they were doing him a favour.very humble dude
exactly bro
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by LeanonGOD(m): 2:49am On Feb 12
Big Time Useless Coach. ABSOLUTELY, NO PLAN NOR VISION!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by DirtyAfonjas: 3:19am On Feb 12
Our boys played as if the matched was fixed, and our coach lack technical ability, as such, he should be blamed for the loss.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Enemyofpeace: 4:40am On Feb 12
I am happy that we lost the match. It would have doused the tension in the country, which is what the government wants. Now we can concentrate on our problems and tackle these evil people in government
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by MissIndependent(f): 4:59am On Feb 12
fx45:
You're not ashamed of yourself. Ronu miscreant! I don't seem to understand many of you... Honestly

Are you people suicidal or what exactly?
Take it easy on the guy na. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by OyinO: 6:02am On Feb 12
Teejay2033:

We are too superstitious as a people. Germans killed millions of Jews during the holocaust, yet they are still prosperous as a people.

You lack respect for human life and dignity. German killed Jews but you're killing your own, how us that the same thing? Besides, the Germans paid damages and huge compensation for the massacre. Yes, they paid huge amounts of money to families of victims of the Holocaust and apologised. You don't even know the meaning of superstition.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by SonofElElyonRet: 6:06am On Feb 12
SonofElElyonRet:

Very rock solid and reliable... most valuable player of the tournament

Someone give me a gift for getting this right about truust ekong... ask for my account details grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by marunga(m): 6:06am On Feb 12
Thank you Ivory Coast for shutting up noise
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Shomek(m): 6:13am On Feb 12
Congratulation to ivory coast

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by PoliteActivist: 6:26am On Feb 12
Rayd502:

That will be decided on the field of play.

Fully decided. The Eagles didn't show up at all. That South Africa win went to their heads. Then again you can't blame them too much. They were afraid of partia from the ref. That second goal could have been prevented if not that Ekong was afraid of partia penalty
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Benrosaria(m): 6:36am On Feb 12
emmabest2000:

Na Morocco teams gave them second chance by winning their last group match

If not CIV teams wouldn't have made it to round of 16

You sounded like you never tried using the word "passion" those ivorians know what passion for the game means. They got zeal

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Smooyis(m): 6:51am On Feb 12
Congratulations to the Ivorians. They deserve the victory.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Haakeem(m): 6:53am On Feb 12
Ishilove:

Abi?

Who cares about the cup sef? Cup wey be like iron condemn. E no even fine. Mscheeeew 🙄
cup wey be say na Musa iron welder nain construct am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Reussite: 6:54am On Feb 12
Aside the loss of the cup, Nwabali losing the golden glove to Williams was painful. The SA goalie got really lucky not conceding a single goal against Congo considering the numerous chances the Congolese wasted. Nwabali was not that lucky today with how poor Super Eagles played, the players failed him on the most important game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Mirasteel: 6:57am On Feb 12
The best team won, congratulations to Ivory coast.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Mirasteel: 6:58am On Feb 12
Ishilove:

Abi?

Who cares about the cup sef? Cup wey be like iron condemn. E no even fine. Mscheeeew 🙄
But if Super Eagles have won it, you won't say this. 😂
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by honeyB2018: 7:01am On Feb 12
nwauwa:

Chukwueze has been removed now

In the whole games, please why was Musa not featured?
Can someone please help and explain that to me.He would have been a game changer, what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (119) (Reply)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia AFCON 2021.Round-of-16: (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2022 / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.