Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 - Sports (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 (150023 Views)

Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 / Nigeria Vs Angola: AFCON 2023 Quarter Finals. (1 - 0) On 2nd February 2024 / Senegal Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Round-Of-16 (4 - 5)pens On 29th January 2024 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:10am On Feb 12
emmabest2000:

Na Morocco teams gave them second chance by winning their last group match

If not CIV teams wouldn't have made it to round of 16
I know. When I said had it been that Zambia win their match, ivory coast would have not gotten the cup. But the mofo mentioned me by saying I am being cowardly for raising that issue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by phadul: 12:11am On Feb 12
This is the best news I've heard since BAT and his cronies came to power. With all the problems Nigeria is facing they president and his vice are using public funds to go watch football wen they can watch it in their sitting rooms without wasting tax payers money. This serves them right. They shd come back disappointed just like they disappoint Nigerians on daily basis thank God grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by folake4u(f): 12:11am On Feb 12
Tallesty1:
Is like you laugh too much?

To avoid every road you dey use.

Yeah. I laugh too much. And for the silliest things. grin lipsrsealed

Okay oh.🤣🤣
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Teejay2033: 12:11am On Feb 12
OyinO:
Too much blood in the hands. You're preparing to celebrate and jubilate when there's too much blood upon the land? That's how we celebrate and dance and share monies while countless persons are in the hostage of criminals. Whole passengers of commercial buses are taken captive in broad daylight. The blood cries out for vengeance.

We are too superstitious as a people. Germans killed millions of Jews during the holocaust, yet they are still prosperous as a people.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Iamgrey5(m): 12:12am On Feb 12
Kinzo0917:

Your analysis is 100% spot on

It is quite unfortunate dat our coach never saw it dat way

Our coach wanted d match to go to penalties

because I can't understand his defending for 90minutes

Imagine just 5 shots and only one on target

A local coach of ivory Coast outclassed him

So dissapointed
Our coach doesn't show tactical flexibility.

In a final,the game was even at one/one with the host nation in good position to win and you left the formation as it was.

The loophole in the two midfielders was very obvious.

To implement a proper "low block" you need three strong central midfielders that can also run.

The Nigeria female team implemented the low block better at the world cup because they have fantastic central midfielders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by G00dharddick: 12:13am On Feb 12
Calitoscassius:
Naigeerians couldn't bribe their way through this game. They believe everything is bribery and corruptions grin

They played football but Ivory Coast played better.

Nigeria didn't play any football there. Ivory coast outplayed Nigeria by faaaaaaaar! Nigeria no even see ball touch let alone to play

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:13am On Feb 12
Benching Simon by starting chukwueze didn't help matters.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Kinzo0917(m): 12:13am On Feb 12
LARRYOBRAIN:
The Igbo have caused us AFCON and Paseito or Pajero.
Iwobi or Nkwobi guy messed up our midfield, no wonder Arsenal sold him.

How did d Igbos cause it?

You no dey taya for tribalism mumu?

Are Aina, lookman Igbo?

Beside, Iwobi is from my state Delta

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Tallesty1(m): 12:13am On Feb 12
folake4u:

Yeah. I laugh too much. And for the silliest things. grin lipsrsealed

Okay oh.🤣🤣
It is a good thing, has so many health benefits.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by G00dharddick: 12:14am On Feb 12
Iamgrey5:

In a final,the game was even at one/one with the host nation in good position to win and you left the formation as it was.

To implement a proper "low block" you need three strong central midfielders that can also run.

The Nigeria female team implemented the low block better at the world cup because they have fantastic central midfielders.

So accurate!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Teejay2033: 12:15am On Feb 12
Iamgrey5:
We played too deep and our wingers were totally useless.

Everytime we won the ball back our wingers were crowded out by two ivorian defenders right in our own half of the field.

We needed to put pressure on the Ivorian defense to push them back but instead we kept going deep.

Adringa pace was used to stretch our defense as South Africa used percy Tau to do the same in the last match.

Our midfield was none existence tonight. We weren't tackling the Ivorians neither were we winning balls. So, no adequate supply of balls to the attackers. Everything weren't just right from the start of the game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Kinzo0917(m): 12:15am On Feb 12
TOPCRUISE:
Benching Simon by starting chukwueze didn't help matters.

The thing weak me oo

Chukwueze dat has not performed since d afcon started

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Reussite: 12:16am On Feb 12
Ivory Coast really needs to give a big thank you to the Moroccan team for making them qualify as best losers in the first place.

The game was simply lost from the midfield. It was simply non existent.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by dreality: 12:17am On Feb 12
Jackson105:
Oshimen didn't do shit in this tournament.

You are expected to score goal, not draw defenders to yourself or what silly excuse does his fan give.

Nonsense Africa footballer of the year.
The guy na short 1. Could only manage a goal in six matches

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Successlane: 12:17am On Feb 12
Akwamkpuruamu:
Na Tinubu and his stolen badluck cos am

and why Peter OBI 'good luck' no win am despite been present there?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Midex88(m): 12:19am On Feb 12
We have done well as a country, lessons has been learnt, moving forward, all necessary corrections will be made, we are proud of our players, they came second, even when no one gave them a chance, they should be celebrated and given a heroic welcome, they have brought relief for Nigerians for over three weeks now, we forgot our tribes and came together to support our only country, Nigeria, Unity is key, for now, we have no other country than Nigeria.

Congratulations super Eagle 🦅🦅🦅, this is our country, many of us still believe in this country, we have no other country than Nigeria, speak good things about Nigeria, na here most of us go make am big.

We move again in next year AFCON
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Saynoomore: 12:19am On Feb 12
MT:
Amokachi obviously is excited that Nigeria does not win the match.

What could be the reason?

FG is still oweing them, just as they've been oweing ASUU! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Kinzo0917(m): 12:20am On Feb 12
Iamgrey5:

You get sense

Oil full your head Abeg

If you decide to be a coach tomorrow, I know you will succeed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Iamgrey5(m): 12:20am On Feb 12
Teejay2033:

Our midfield was none existence tonight. We weren't tackling the Ivorians neither were we winning balls. So, no adequate supply of balls to the attackers. Everything weren't just right from the start of the game.
iwobi is not a proper central midfielder and while Oyenka is an excellent player, he is not excellent In transition( passing the ball at pace to the front)..

Iwobi is only the one in the midfield with an excellent passing ability in the midfield but he doesn't have the physical strength or pace.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Kinzo0917(m): 12:20am On Feb 12
First time I am seeing 112 pages on nairaland

Wow wow wow
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by SwayG: 12:21am On Feb 12
Imagine we Won.

And then present it to the President, Tinubu.

Win cup go give Tinubu 😣.
E no deserve am

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by anungangampu: 12:21am On Feb 12
Fulaninigger:
They knew iwobi as our central mid is totally useless, so all they had to do was to cut down the threat from wings and it totally worked
LOL.. U get it. They knew our center was totally useless and they played their wingers very wide hoping their crosses will destabilise our defence and it worked. Each time we head out a ball from our defence, it is going straight to an Ivorian.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Teejay2033: 12:21am On Feb 12
tctrills:

Attack was nonexistent. Defense was compromised severally.

I disagree. We have one of the best attackers in the tournament. Our problem is the midfield. The attackline wasn't getting adequate supply of balls as it should. Also, the continuous pressure on our defence is an indication of an extremely weak midfield that can't break opponent's attacks.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by folake4u(f): 12:21am On Feb 12
Tallesty1:
It is a good thing, has so many health benefits.

Yeah, and it's contagious too.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by folake4u(f): 12:22am On Feb 12
Saynoomore:

FG is still oweing them, just as they've been oweing ASUU! grin

I'm screaminggggggggg.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Dancebreaker: 12:22am On Feb 12
Teejay2033:

Win bawo.

The few times we touched the ball, we gave it away cheaply. Adingra & Max Gradel really tortured SE through the wings.
I always said that losing balls too cheaply, no midfield and letting crosses in will allow Haller do magic. Haller can play rubbish 90 minutes but scores spectacular goals. That's his work in Dortmund. He does easily what Darwin Nunez of Liverpool attempts to do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Tallesty1(m): 12:23am On Feb 12
folake4u:

Yeah, and it's contagious too.
Yours or laughter in general?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by paskal16: 12:23am On Feb 12
Abeg make we do come back jare we don't even love ourselves
Top to bottom all rubbish

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by MT: 12:24am On Feb 12
TOPCRUISE:

I know. When I said had it been that Zambia win their match, ivory coast would have not gotten the cup. But the mofo mentioned me by saying I am being cowardly for raising that issue

We should rather focus on our performance.

The Ivorians were NEARLY out but they re-organised and played some matched of their lives.

What did Nigeria bring to the table, especially in this final.

Performance like this while the whole world was watching deserve automatic sack of the coach in some countries but never here.

Why should we wait for some other nations to help us knock out the host.

If you want to be the best in Africa, you need to beat the best.

Ivory Coast is deserving of the cup.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Kinzo0917(m): 12:24am On Feb 12
Make I sleep 💤 oo

Una wetin, una bye bye
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by folake4u(f): 12:25am On Feb 12
Tallesty1:
Yours or laughter in general?

Mine.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast AFCON 2023 Finals (1 - 2) On 11th February 2024 by Teejay2033: 12:27am On Feb 12
Iamgrey5:
iwobi is not a proper central midfielder and while Oyenka is an excellent player, he is not excellent In transition( passing the ball at pace to the front)..

Iwobi is only the one in the midfield with an excellent passing ability in the midfield but he doesn't have the physical strength or pace.

In this kind of game, we needed a player like Mikel Obi and Onasi that would tackle opponents, break their rhythm and spread the ball across. If Iwobi and Oyenka are only good in one department, then going forward, we have to find a replacement for them. We need a complete player in the midfield. A decent midfielder should be able to win balls, dribble, break attacks, and give excellent passes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (119) (Reply)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia AFCON 2021.Round-of-16: (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2022 / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013

Viewing this topic: Jahswill10(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.