Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! (1539 Views)

Nobody Is Talking About Dwindling Naira Value / Nigerians Accuse Peter Obi Of Lying About Naira Exchange Rate / Bawa: My Achievement As EFCC Chairman Is Increasing Naira Value Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Rostikol: 6:28pm On Feb 04
jaxin119:

😁😁

Honestly my brother. We just refuse to innovate, even on a small scale.

Today you can go online and learn for free how to make cassava flakes or chips from raw cassava.

If I needed money, I would just go on YouTube and learn the process, then hustle some cheap packaging and branding equipment, start producing it in my backyard, or even in my sitting room or bedroom, and be selling to the public!

People will stop and buy. As they buy, I will save up money, expand production, and start selling to other retailers!

Before you know it, you have a big business!

You see, we have this picture in our heads. This mental architecture whereby we see our natural resources as something which “The Government” should be harnessing for our progress.

Not us!

The “government”.

So we lack the inclination to notice and take advantage of the natural resources all around us that are lying around waiting to be exploited!

But foreigners like Indians and Chinese and Lebanese come in here and SEE all those things we overlook, and they CLEAN UP!

They even come here and pack our red soil.

Our SAND!

To ship back to their countries.

They say they find all sorts of valuable things in it, including GOLD!

We are so endowed.

You see ORANGES?

You can go and secure a supply of oranges now from the village, start squeezing them for juice with a small machine, and be supplying offices and banks with daily supply of chilled freshly squeezed orange juice, in small plastic bottles, well branded.

You will make incredible amounts of money.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by tctrills: 6:43pm On Feb 04
Rostikol:

That was for their EXPORT market, to convince your type, conditioned to worship western goods, to buy their products.

It wasn’t for their own Chinese people!

In China there, they labelled their goods Made in China!

Jibiti man!

How do you know? Where are you getting your info from! Send me your links please or are you just making up stories to argue your point?
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Rostikol: 6:58pm On Feb 04
tctrills:

How do you know? Where are you getting your info from! Send me your links please or are you just making up stories to argue your point?

You think say I be small pikin like you?

How will I start explaining to you “how I know” that the Chinese did not label their products “Made in USA” to their own markets, in order to make their people buy?

Just the mere fact of their adoption of Confucianism many years ago should tell you that.

Confucianist principles are taught to Chinese kids from age 8!

They are raised to be proud of, and honour their country and know its history.

That’s why as adults, they prefer to buy MADE IN CHINA, no matter the quality.

So when you know China and their history, and what drives them, nobody will need to tell you that their manufacturers do not label their goods ‘Made in Italy’ or ‘Made in Germany’ for the Chinese people to buy.

That is something only LOST PEOPLE like Nigerians do.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by tctrills: 7:03pm On Feb 04
Rostikol:

You think say I be small pikin like you?

How will I start explaining to you “how I know” that the Chinese did not label their products “Made in USA” to their own markets, in order to make their people buy?

Just the mere fact of their adoption of Confucianism many years ago should tell you that.

Confucianist principles are taught to Chinese kids from age 8!

They are raised to be proud of, and honour their country and know its history.

That’s why as adults, they prefer to buy MADE IN CHINA, no matter the quality.

So when you know China and their history, and what drives them, nobody will need to tell you that their manufacturers do not label their goods ‘Made in Italy’ for the Chinese people to buy.

That is something only LOST PEOPLE like Nigerians do.

So you can't even qoute a single site but you big argument is that you are not a small boy so anything you say, the world should believe simply because you are very old right? I see.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Rostikol: 7:21pm On Feb 04
tctrills:

So you can't even qoute a single site but you big argument is that you are not a small boy so anything you say, the world should believe simply because you are very old right? I see.

I’m older than you, have done infinitely more historical research than you’ve ever contemplated, and have more experience than you in international affairs. Deal with it.

And no, I’m not looking for any link to “quote” whatever you think should be “quoted”, because I’ve nothing to prove to you.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by tctrills: 7:33pm On Feb 04
Rostikol:

I’m older than you, have done infinitely more historical research than you’ve ever contemplated, and have more experience than you in international affairs. Deal with it.

And no, I’m not looking for any link to “quote” whatever you think should be “quoted”, because I’ve nothing to prove to you.

First, I can't remember telling you my age. I guess you assume that you are older than even one you meet online.

Secondly, if you have aged with wisdom and knowledge, then you would be able to point others to relevant authorities to buytress your point.
Thirdly, the only intelligent way of showing your honesty is by pointing me to your reference. I could claim 5jay I am 100 years hence everything I say on Nairaland becomes facts.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Rostikol: 7:37pm On Feb 04
tctrills:

First, I can't remember telling you my age. I guess you assume that you are older than even one you meet online.

Secondly, if you have aged with wisdom and knowledge, then you would be able to point others to relevant authorities to buytress your point.
Thirdly, the only intelligent way of showing your honesty is by pointing me to your reference. I could claim 5jay I am 100 years hence everything I say on Nairaland becomes facts.

What reference?

There’s nothing I said that needs a reference or link.

What YOU need to do is go on Google and learn more based on what you’ve learned here.

No one’s here to spoon feed you.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by lagdmark(m): 9:42pm On Feb 04
Nigerians enjoy deluding themselves.
We enjoy all foreign goods and services, import almost everything, still we want our Naira to have value.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by WhatIf: 5:55am On Feb 05
Rostikol:

To hell with Lee Kuan Yew.

Nigeria is Nigeria, not tiny Singapore.

In Nigeria, a big change in consumer tastes can transform the entire economy, simply due to the massive size of the market.

Take the women's hair care industry for instance.

A SIMPLE DECISION by Nigerian women to favour plaits and weaves over imported BRAZILIAN HAIR AND PERMS could create 3 to 5 million new jobs and reduce capital flight to the tune of billions of dollars a year.

You don't need Lee Kuan Yew to tell you that.

So many more similar examples.

Nollywood employs over 1 million Nigerians today, because Nigerians OF THEIR OWN VOLITION chose to patronise Nigerian movies over foreign.

We didn't care about the 'quality' of the films compared to JAMES BOND films.

IT WAS NOT GOVERNMENT THAT MADE US DO IT.

......Made us create those 1 MILLION NEW JOBS.

WE did it.

And guess what happened?

THEIR QUALITY IMPROVED OVER TIME.

Same as the music industry.

What is YOUR alternative to such proactive citizen action?

Sitting down in inertia, importing everything whIle blaming the govt as the economy tanks?

We're more powerful than the govt.

We just don't realise it.

I agree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A New Type Of Government - Forum-Based / Nigeria And The Global Food Crisis / How Governor Otunba Gbenga Daniel's Pressman Was Almost Assasinated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.