Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! (1528 Views)

Nobody Is Talking About Dwindling Naira Value / Nigerians Accuse Peter Obi Of Lying About Naira Exchange Rate / Bawa: My Achievement As EFCC Chairman Is Increasing Naira Value Against Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by tctrills: 8:10am On Feb 04
Rostikol:
Until we START TO LOVE, PREFER, and VALUE NIGERIAN-MADE GOODS AND SERVICES over foreign-made goods and services, FORGET ABOUT THE NAIRA VALUE RISING.

Until we PREFER to buy Nigerian made shoes, slippers, handbags, cars, sandals, clothes, watches, bangles, etc INSTEAD OF foreign made, FORGET ABOUT NAIRA VALUE RISING.

We have to start to see things like the Chinese.

A China man prefers to buy made in China, even if the foreign version from London is of better quality.

Why? Because he's thinking ''why should I enrich Europeans instead of my own Chinese people?''

And so, this makes manufacturing very profitable in China! And the currency very strong! There is more demand for the Chinese yuan than for the dollar!

Why?

Because the people PREFER made in China to imported!

Without that mindset in Nigeria, FORGET ABOUT NAIRA VALUE RISING.

We cannot have a mindset that laughs at a man for wearing 'Aba-made' shoes.

That's a destructive, ignorant, anti-African mindset that will lead us into the abyss.

THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THESE WOMEN WE CALL NIGERIAN WOMEN SPEND ON SO-CALLED BRAZILIAN HAIR ALONE EACH YEAR, IS MORE THAN 2 BILLION DOLLARS.

IMAGINE IF THEY DECOLONISED THEIR MINDSET, AND FAVOURED TRADITIONAL PLAITING AND WEAVING HAIR STYLES OVER IMPORTED PERMS, WIGS, AND FAKE HAIR, ......THAT ALONE WOULD GENERATE EMPLOYMENT FOR 3 MILLION LOCAL HAIR STYLISTS MINIMUM, AND SHORE UP THE NAIRA VALUE.

When do we wise up as a people?

It's not about pointing fingers at govt officials. They make up less than 0.1% of the Nigerian population.

We over-estimate their influence and capacity to alter society.

THIS IS ON US!

Just as we started to prefer Nigerian movies and music over foreign, which made those sectors BLOW to world class proportions, we can accomplish similar by preferring NIGERIAN MADE GOODS AND SERVICES to foreign made.

When we do that, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WILL BLOW.

This post is definitely coming from another government/APC stooge.

Keep blaming Nigerians for the fall of the naira. It's the fault of Nigerians and not the evil ApC gov.

Did the local rice producers tell you that they are having problems selling their local rice? Is Ofada rice not made in Nigeria? Are Nigerians rejecting it?
Did the shoe makers in Aba tell you that Nigerians don't patronize them?
Nigerian do not have a problem buying made in Nigeria. So stop talking nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by predictor1: 8:14am On Feb 04
Rostikol:

OH WOW, so tell us the great secrets of manufacturing, Mr Expert?

Are people not manufacturing and making money in Nigeria today?

If you are in the wrong business, ask around and re-skill or retool yourself instead of being a dinosaur.

Go and sit down. A government that can't produce and transmit adequate electricity or protect farmers and other citizens from Fulani marauders hardly qualifies to c point fingers at such citizens.

3 Likes

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Bigkoko: 8:15am On Feb 04
For exercising our rights to laugh at clowns, oga Boko dey para....

Anywhere, a Govt that blamed it's predecessor for 8yrs, while deteriorating below the records of the predecessor is nothing new!

The one way go bad would be blaming innocent citizens.....when they're the ones actually using FX to import useless thing'sike Wike vintage wines, Asiwaju health needs, foreign cars when we have local assemblers!

DatNiggaDaz:
The blame game has started. This time they are blaming Nigerians for the incompetence of a drug sniffing monkey Tinubu who is in france sniffing grin grin

1 Like

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by DatNiggaDaz: 8:21am On Feb 04
Bigkoko:
For exercising our rights to laugh at clowns, oga Boko dey para....

Anywhere, a Govt that blamed it's predecessor for 8yrs, while deteriorating below the records of the predecessor is nothing new!

The one way go bad would be blaming innocent citizens.....when they're the ones actually using FX to import useless thing'sike Wike vintage wines, Asiwaju health needs, foreign cars when we have local assemblers!

Make the online manhood standers continue to dey deceive themselves. Life don already tire dem grin grin sotey na Nigerians dem start to blame after bobo Chicago ginger dem to snatch and runaway with a stolen mandate grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Bigkoko: 8:24am On Feb 04
Is this comment coming from someone that was gaslighting me just Days ago for calling out the uselessness of Nigeria as presently constituted?

Okpari ooooooooo! After everything breakfast go reach everyone!

Elections truly has consequences! Naira has not even gotten to 2500NGN to a dollar yet!

Just wait until Dangote refinery demand for US crude and the attendant need for USD start pressuring the Naira, una go understand say, economic laws, laws of Nature and Nature's G-d has consequences whenever you break it!

Anyway, anytime person wake naim be he own morning!

predictor1:
Go and sit down. A government that can't produce and transmit adequate electricity or protect farmers and other citizens from Fulani marauders hardly qualifies to c point fingers at such citizens.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by predictor1: 8:27am On Feb 04
Bigkoko:
Is this comment coming from someone that was gaslighting me just Days ago for calling out the uselessness of Nigeria as presently constituted?

Okpari ooooooooo! After everything breakfast go reach everyone!

Elections truly has consequences! Naira has not even gotten to 1500NGN to a dollar yet!

Just wait until Dangote refinery demand for US crude and the attendant need for USD start pressuring the Naira, una go understand say, economic laws, laws of Nature and Nature's G-d has consequences whenever you break it!

Anyway, anytime person wake naim be he own morning!

No, I wasn't gaslighting. I didn't agree with your opinion about the civil war. I'm not an APC supporter.

1 Like

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by surgical: 8:28am On Feb 04
mightyhazel:
Beautiful question...

The number 1 citizen is holidaying in far away Europe... He's definitely not doing so with the naira ..'to grow naira'...How many Toyota SUVs was allocated to govt agencies last year alone? These vehicles were paid for in naira and cowries? But paid agents like op will rather blame a Nigerian girl for wearing weavon bought with her hard earned money. Talk about chasing shadows.

If he had at least balanced his argument it would have been considerable.. he was even calling out and mocking some of his perceived opponents,using alternate monikers
it is the Nigerian masses that have the burden of bailing out Nigeria not the rulers, you don't get it, it is for the rulers to be balling while the people does all the work,if anything goes wrong they blame the people not those that have been elected to do the job but have absolutely no clue but rely on propaganda and propagandist to keep them in office

2 Likes

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by MsAllison(f): 8:28am On Feb 04
Tallesty1:
Very useless lots.

Try exportation and government will ensure that you fail.
Try running a business and both federal, state and local government will tax you out of business.
Let's not even talk about venturing into production.

But the e-diots think the masses are the problem.
the last time I tried exportation, even after selling the goods for 5 times higher.
After deducting all the exportation charges I was left with little or nothing as gain.
not to talk about the stress I went through.
the problem is that most of these guys have never been involved in any business all through their lives.
their lives revolves round the stipend they earn from sycophant acts so they'll just sit down in their rooms and write according to their imaginations.
wealth without enterprise is what they're hoping on.

2 Likes

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Nyouth: 8:28am On Feb 04
When naira was 140 during Jonathan time what were we producing then that we stopped producing

2 Likes

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Bigkoko: 8:35am On Feb 04
Anyway, my apologies if my comments come out like a little prick in the ass of a virgin!

APC is a Cancer! Before leaving Nigeria, I have big farm in kwale area. Very fertile. Filled with palm oil tress which gives me income once every year.....

I always spend one week every month in the farm with my workers, the villagers. Life was fund because of good healthy foods and plenty Palm wine. The villagers were happy because anytime I come, I always come with plenty Cash because I have it and also, my partners have it. We harvest and tock and sell when prices go up! Life was good, until Asiwaju and Buhari came along.

One day, herdsmen destroyed a farm of one of the real bad guys in Delta state, and he mobilize indigenes to chase them from their camp. Guess what? Na killing start out. My farmers stopped going to bush with me to harvest. Those that agrees, will charge me three times the normal rate.

Me kwanu, I don't know how to climb Banga šŸŒ² tree. .....my dear story plenty! Do I need to tell you how much I lost in that venture? If it was possible, we supposed Lynch all these useless leaders!

That's why I laugh clown's like Reno Omokri who have never owned, operate or run a business in his life!

The name Bigkoko is gotten from Koko, an Itshekiri village where my wife hail from. Ask Reno how many fish farm he get for any of the Itsekhiri clans!

predictor1:
No, I wasn't gaslighting. I didn't agree with your opinion about the civil war. I'm not an APC supporter.

1 Like

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by DeepSight(m): 8:39am On Feb 04
Rostikol:

The ones that Nigerian manufacturers have made even with their generators, have you bought?

You can point fingers all day, Mr Professional Blamer, but YOU carry HEAVY blame for the Naira value if you prefer FOREIGN MADE over NIGERIAN MADE.

And you cannot blame and finger-point your way out of it.

This has to be singularly the most idiotic thing I have ever read in my life.

3 Likes

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Bigkoko: 8:40am On Feb 04
mightyhazel:
Beautiful question...

Bought with her hard earn money or kpekus grin grin

The number 1 citizen is currently holidaying in far away Europe... He's definitely not doing so with the naira ..'to grow naira'...How many Toyota SUVs was allocated to govt agencies last year alone? These vehicles were paid for in naira and cowries? But paid agents like op will rather blame a Nigerian girl for wearing weavon bought with her hard earned money. Talk about chasing shadows.

If he had at least balanced his argument it would have been considerable.. he was even calling out and mocking some of his perceived opponents,using alternate monikers
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by mightyhazel: 8:59am On Feb 04
[quote author=Bigkoko post=128279876][/quote] All join.. no one came easy grin

1 Like

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Rostikol: 9:13am On Feb 04
tctrills:

This post is definitely coming from another government/APC stooge.

Keep blaming Nigerians for the fall of the naira. It's the fault of Nigerians and not the evil ApC gov.

Did the local rice producers tell you that they are having problems selling their local rice? Is Ofada rice not made in Nigeria? Are Nigerians rejecting it?
Did the shoe makers in Aba tell you that Nigerians don't patronize them?

Aba shoe makers said they usually label their shoes ā€˜Made in Italyā€™ to sell them!

None of them labels their shoes Made in Aba!

Or Made in Nigeria!

Because nobody will buy it!

Not only for shoes. Handbags, clothes, spare parts, everything.

For spare parts they would label it Made in China. Or even Japan!

Canā€™t you see you have serious psychological issues as a people?

How can any nation progress with that kind of mindset?

You need to jettison that mentality or you can FORGET about Nigeria moving forward!

1 Like

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by a4cube: 9:34am On Feb 04
Rostikol:
Here's another example.

Imagine if INNOSON was selling his cars by the SECOND, as in once a car is built, it is sold immediately due to the fact that Nigerians now prioritise indigenous made cars and are rushing for INNOSON vehicles!

Two things will happen.

1) Innoson would quickly grow to become a WORLD CLASS player in the auto industry, competing with the likes of Toyota and Nissan, and

2) More local players will be drawn into vehicle manufacturing, due to the VERY HIGH LOCAL DEMAND FOR NIGERIAN MADE CARS, and we would have several more 'INNOSONS' established in the country, further boosting the economy and creating jobs.

AND WHILE ALL THIS IS OCCURRING, the naira will be witnessing a strong, steady rise in value that is GENUINE, unshakable, and based on indigenous industry and capacity

Imagine if The billions spent on Legislators cars were spent on Innoson. Most of you will call it substandard to have a dig on the producer forgetting you are having a did on your naira/country indirectly.
Imagine if our president is having this his rest in Ibadan or Oshogbo and not Paris.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by a4cube: 9:37am On Feb 04
blacknp:
Other countries with electricity issues found a way to solve their problems with local initiative, not the lazy minded ones like you in the millions blaming others for their own incoherent incompetence.

Or you want to blame Ghanaians or Togolese for you not been able to provide yourselves with basic electricity?

The problem is that you are shameless in pride, just like millions of your type, to blame others for our own ineptitude.
It will be sweet if you show us your production line or your brand.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by a4cube: 9:49am On Feb 04
papyjaypaul:

I am not an admirer of this govt but theres a point there. We do not own the dollar and it's foolish for us to be crazy about a currency we do not control. I blame all of us, so it's not about politicians. Why is the exchange rate a news item everyday? Even if you have an angel as President if Nigerians have the attitude that dollar is their savior, they will not succeed with naira. If a foreigner comes to Nigeria and we accept dollar from him, are we not fooling ourselves? We even have schools and companies charging in dollars inside Nigeria. Nigerians are their own problems. Yes, Tinubu and his Bank man have work to do but they are not the only ones to be blamed. we all have a role in it. How do we think we can be living inside Nigeria and be hedging against our own currency and expect any policy to work? If no one is demanding and using the naira it can't work. Why is the naira you have in your account not something you can transfer to that school abroad? Why must you convert it to dollars first? Why the stress? That's part of the govt job to do but in the meantime, tell me your experience when you travel and show them the dollar or pay with the dollar. If it's not Zimbabwe who cannot control their economy, they will tell you to pay them in local currency. Nigerians just like to show off foolishly holding the dollars. The Americans do not carry their currency the way we do. Oya carry dollar go UK make I check something.
The politicians in UK or US drive cars made or assembled in their country. That is leadership by example. If the president today car move around on Nigeria made car, their is no way the legislooters will deman a foreign brand and believe me the masses will key it.

So you guys know where the problem is, stop blaming the masses that are following the steps of their leaders.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by tctrills: 9:56am On Feb 04
Rostikol:

Aba shoe makers said they usually label their shoes ā€˜Made in Italyā€™ to sell them!

None of them labels their shoes Made in Aba!

Or Made in Nigeria!

Because nobody will buy it!

Not only for shoes. Handbags, clothes, spare parts, everything.

For spare parts they would label it Made in China. Or even Japan!

Canā€™t you see you have serious psychological issues as a people?

How can any nation progress with that kind of mindset?

You need to jettison that mentality or you can FORGET about Nigeria moving forward!

I am sure you have never been to Aba but you feel very comfortable writing what you don't know.
I have been to Aba, and I have seen traders from all over Nigeria and other African countries buying made in Aba shoes.

Now let's talk about the labeling. Did you know that in the 80s and 90s, Chinese and Taiwan products also carried European and American labeling?
This is only normal and expected. In fact, this is a great way to grow and increase market share.
But the idea that made in Nigerian products don't sell is a pure lie.
From made in Nigerian drinks to detergents, to mechanical parts, made in Nigerian products do not have a made in Nigeria problem.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by bnanny: 12:25pm On Feb 04
Artscollection:
Who let these stinking brain dead dogs out to come and disturb us with their gibberish.

Your lord n saviour is in France wasting our scarce
Resources during what we dont know and your stupid ass is here typing rubbish and defending stupidity
They're government sponsored to blame Nigeria masses for their wickedness. Tinubu is in France wasting the little fx left and these blokes are here blaming Nigeria, too painful to read what they write.
And it's a fact that Nigeria Government officers are the largest hoarders of Dollar. They keep a large percentage of their money in dollar account to protect it against naira depreciation which affects the fall of Nigeria more because they're the 1% who control the 99% of Nigeria wealth, their children's only school abroad, almost all their stuff is imported to oppressed the already oppressed lower class. Dollar for medical checkup abroad, foreign trips, the list can go on and on.
Our politicians should stop paying these morōns to be blaming masses for their mess.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by SalamRushdie: 12:28pm On Feb 04
So where is the made in Nigeria good ?
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by bnanny: 12:34pm On Feb 04
Government should stop sponsoring morōns to accuse the masses for the mess they created.
They never care about Nigeria. We only buy what's we see. We the masses don't have the resources for large scale importations the elite does and they're the Politicians. Stop these nonsense of blaming poor Nigeria before turder from West, east, north and south strikes wherever you may be hidden to types this nonsense with your multiple monikers.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Artscollection: 12:42pm On Feb 04
bnanny:

They're government sponsored to blame Nigeria masses for their wickedness. Tinubu is in France wasting the little fx left and these blokes are here blaming Nigeria, too painful to read what they write.
And it's a fact that Nigeria Government officers are the largest hoarders of Dollar. They keep a large percentage of their money in dollar account to protect it against naira depreciation which affects the fall of Nigeria more because they're the 1% who control the 99% of Nigeria wealth, their children's only school abroad, almost all their stuff is imported to oppressed the already oppressed lower class. Dollar for medical checkup abroad, foreign trips, the list can go on and on.
Our politicians should stop paying these morōns to be blaming masses for their mess.

I feel so pained knowing that people could stoop so low just to earn peanuts.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Nuzo1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 04
Rostikol:

To hell with Lee Kuan Yew.

Nigeria is Nigeria, not tiny Singapore.

In Nigeria, a big change in consumer tastes can transform the entire economy, simply due to the massive size of the market.

Take the women's hair care industry for instance.

A SIMPLE DECISION by Nigerian women to favour plaits and weaves over imported BRAZILIAN HAIR AND PERMS could create 3 to 5 million new jobs and reduce capital flight to the tune of billions of dollars a year.

You don't need Lee Kuan Yew to tell you that.

So many more similar examples.

Nollywood employs over 1 million Nigerians today, because Nigerians OF THEIR OWN VOLITION chose to patronise Nigerian movies over foreign.

We didn't care about the 'quality' of the films compared to JAMES BOND films.

IT WAS NOT GOVERNMENT THAT MADE US DO IT.

......Made us create those 1 MILLION NEW JOBS.

WE did it.

And guess what happened?

THEIR QUALITY IMPROVED OVER TIME.

Same as the music industry.

What is YOUR alternative to such proactive citizen action?

Sitting down in inertia, importing everything whIle blaming the govt as the economy tanks?

We're more powerful than the govt.

We just don't realise it.

1. To hell with Lee Kuan Yew? lol. This statement clearly shows you donā€™t know how development works, be it in China of close to 2billion persons, Singapore of 5 million people or Oyedepoā€™s winners chapel owned businesses.
I mentioned General Parkā€™s South Korea. Are they also a small country?

2. Having a large population doesnā€™t translate to anything if there are no sound policies backed up by effective justice system as used by the Asian tigers.

3. Here we go again! So you expect all Nigerian women to come together in one period and stop patronizing foreign human and synthetic hairs? Haba! I for one so despise anything thatā€™s not original hair on any woman but your idea is the most unrealistic idea Iā€™ve ever heard.

Same thing Iā€™m saying, create policies and conducive environment for synthetic hair productions. Ban the importation of human hair. Tag it dangerous to humans and make sure the alternative of synthetic hair production has taken footing in Nigeria.

4. Nollywood hasnā€™t evolved as expected and therefore not actually productive. What is going on there is some sort of modern day slavery enriching a couple of so called executive producers who do not pay tax.

And let me tell you why it was easy for nollywood, itā€™s just a matter of having a com coder and a film is made. No electricity and raw materials needed. This process is what skit makers are using now. Whatā€™s the difference between the so called nollywood industry and talentless skit makers all over the place? None sir.

5. I hardly criticize the government. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve even commented on Tinubus misadventures since he took power. So I am not one to criticize just for the sake of it. I only commented here because of the misinformation and gaslighting done by the op of this thread.

Solution:
1. Again, waiting for 220 million Nigerians to come together and agree to do a particular thing at one time is delusional of grandeur.

2. Expecting massive production without electricity, literate and skilled/semi skilled population is another speedway to perpetual poverty of a nation.

3. Expecting Nigeria to grow without the government having effective means of checkmating themselves and the entire nation is another delusional process.

No effective and efficient justice system is equal to a failed state.

2 Likes

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by bnanny: 12:53pm On Feb 04
Artscollection:

I feel so pained knowing that people could stoop so low just to earn peanuts.
That's why you're not seeing Nigeria referee officiating matches in international level's. Outsiders already know how low some of us can goes whenever money is evolve. Same thing is playing out here.
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by TruthsFM: 1:09pm On Feb 04
Nlfpmod mynd44 Dominique fergie001 Seun Fp
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by papyjaypaul: 1:10pm On Feb 04
a4cube:
The politicians in UK or US drive cars made or assembled in their country. That is leadership by example. If the president today car move around on Nigeria made car, their is no way the legislooters will deman a foreign brand and believe me the masses will key it.

So you guys know where the problem is, stop blaming the masses that are following the steps of their leaders.
I agree

1 Like

Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by commoditiesnig: 2:08pm On Feb 04
Well said Op
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Astrid4(m): 3:18pm On Feb 04
Rostikol:

The ones that Nigerian manufacturers have made even with their generators, have you bought?

You can point fingers all day, Mr Professional Blamer, but YOU carry HEAVY blame for the Naira value if you prefer FOREIGN MADE over NIGERIAN MADE.

And you cannot blame and finger-point your way out of it.

[b][@ d bolded
Op some of your point and assertions seems cool, but most are marked with certain level of ignorance, I have campaigned and canvass several time for the patronage of Nigeria produced goods but we need to understand the govt has a major role to play in this, the govt shyness from there main responsibility will always be a clog in our quest of being a productive and an export-based economy, thereā€™s need for our govt to
1 create an enabling society
2 unified tax system
3 sort security issues(so as to make the transportation of this goods seamless and also our farmer to be able to go to farm with our herdsmen attack et al)
4 infrastructure development (the issue of little or low power supply will be an issue for us)
5 manufacturers needs financial support in form of loans and incentives from govt and bank,
6 some certain regulations law has to be put in place to favor the local manufacturers (maybe a mercantile system put in place such that there will an high tariff for goods imported into the country, thus this will make the exported goods much more costly than the imported goods
7NAFDAC and CPC has a major role to play cos most of the raw material that will be needed for manufacturing are substandard, there is one rubbish thatā€™s going on in the agricultural industry, one of the major reason why most of the food and Agro-products are expensive is due to the substandard fertilizer, let me break it down if the farmer normally are to use 10 fertilizer for the cultivation of a cassava farm of a plot, now the NPK presence in the fertilizer are not enough; and substandard so automatically the farmer will have to use 15 fertilizers for this this, this actually will reflect in the price he sells the cassava, and also I donā€™t see any reason if Nigeria as a country can float currency, subsidy fuel price I see no reason the likes of fertilizer and other things the manufacturers really need canā€™t be subsidized.[/b]
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by aderinsola75355: 5:48pm On Feb 04
Does the government officials patronize made in Nigeria goods?Does the government officials patronize made in Nigeria goods?...
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by Rostikol: 6:03pm On Feb 04
tctrills:

I am sure you have never been to Aba but you feel very comfortable writing what you don't know.
I have been to Aba, and I have seen traders from all over Nigeria and other African countries buying made in Aba shoes.

Now let's talk about the labeling. Did you know that in the 80s and 90s, Chinese and Taiwan products also carried European and American labeling?

That was for their EXPORT market, to convince your type, conditioned to worship western goods, to buy their products.

It wasnā€™t for their own Chinese people!

In China there, they labelled their goods Made in China!

Jibiti man!
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by jaxin119: 6:13pm On Feb 04
Rostikol:

My brother, the other day I was checking out the Jamaican economy... If you see all the different things they do with cassava in that place, you will weep for this country!

From cassava chips, to cassava flakes for breakfast, to cassava soap, to cassava oil, to cassava extracts for medicinal purposes, to all sorts of things.

Well branded and packaged!

In industrial quantities!

A small island of 3 million people.

Our own is just to use cassava to soak garri and make eba.

Or sprinkle on beans. Finish!

And then be complaining about naira value.

In fact we have problems as a people.

šŸ˜šŸ˜
Re: Until We EMBRACE Made-in-Nigeria Goods, FORGET About Naira Value Rising! by ChiefS(m): 6:20pm On Feb 04
Rostikol:
Until we START TO LOVE, PREFER, and VALUE NIGERIAN-MADE GOODS AND SERVICES over foreign-made goods and services, FORGET ABOUT THE NAIRA VALUE RISING.

Until we PREFER to buy Nigerian made shoes, slippers, handbags, cars, sandals, clothes, watches, bangles, etc INSTEAD OF foreign made, FORGET ABOUT NAIRA VALUE RISING.

We have to start to see things like the Chinese.

A China man prefers to buy made in China, even if the foreign version from London is of better quality.

Why? Because he's thinking ''why should I enrich Europeans instead of my own Chinese people?''

And so, this makes manufacturing very profitable in China! And the currency very strong! There is more demand for the Chinese yuan than for the dollar!

Why?

Because the people PREFER made in China to imported!

Without that mindset in Nigeria, FORGET ABOUT NAIRA VALUE RISING.

We cannot have a mindset that laughs at a man for wearing 'Aba-made' shoes.

That's a destructive, ignorant, anti-African mindset that will lead us into the abyss.

THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THESE WOMEN WE CALL NIGERIAN WOMEN SPEND ON SO-CALLED BRAZILIAN HAIR ALONE EACH YEAR, IS MORE THAN 2 BILLION DOLLARS.

IMAGINE IF THEY DECOLONISED THEIR MINDSET, AND FAVOURED TRADITIONAL PLAITING AND WEAVING HAIR STYLES OVER IMPORTED PERMS, WIGS, AND FAKE HAIR, ......THAT ALONE WOULD GENERATE EMPLOYMENT FOR 3 MILLION LOCAL HAIR STYLISTS MINIMUM, AND SHORE UP THE NAIRA VALUE.

When do we wise up as a people?

It's not about pointing fingers at govt officials. They make up less than 0.1% of the Nigerian population.

We over-estimate their influence and capacity to alter society.

THIS IS ON US!

Just as we started to prefer Nigerian movies and music over foreign, which made those sectors BLOW to world class proportions, we can accomplish similar by preferring NIGERIAN MADE GOODS AND SERVICES to foreign made.

When we do that, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WILL BLOW.

This is cheap blackmail against the masses. Has government taken the lead on that? Imagine if the president and his team, governors of the 36 states and the various teams, national & state house assembly members fully patronize locally made goods both in official capacity and personal level. We will have a strong Naira.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrests Onitsha-based Lawyer,mrs Adachuckwu Okafor For Child Abuse / People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos / Okigbo Panel Report On Oil Windfall Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.