Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free (1331 Views)

Oyebanji Visits Rescued Ekiti School Pupils, Teachers In Hospital / Gunmen Release Kidnapped Ekiti School Children / Abductors Demand N100 Million For Ekiti School Children, Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Supremos: 8:49am On Feb 04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b65mka_UH4?si=BXORgh8Lctx6xSXK

UPDATED. Driver killed as abducted Ekiti school children, teachers regain freedom
4th February 2024

The bus conveying the kidnapped schoolchildren and teachers
The Governor of Ekiti State, Abiodun Oyebanji and the bus conveying the kidnapped school children and teachers

By
Abiodun Nejo
Kindly share this story:

The kidnapped pupils and staff of Apostolic Faith Group of Schools, Emure Ekiti have regained their freedom.[/b]

A confirmation from the Ekiti State Police Command Spokesperson, Sunday Abutu on Sunday morning, however, indicated that the driver is dead.

The abductees were said to have been released in the early hours of Sunday.

They were kidnapped on Monday evening along Emure – Eporo Road while returning to Eporo after closing school.

The kidnappers shot at the bus and later whisked away nine persons comprising five students, three female teachers and a driver among the occupants of the bus.

The police PPRO said, “All victims were rescued today at about 1.30am, but unfortunately, we lost the driver who was suspectedly killed by the abductors.”

A government official at Emure Ekiti, who confirmed the release of the abductees, said, “The abductees are here, the parents and family members are here. I will give you details shortly.”

A source, who also confirmed the development, said that officials of the state Ministry of Health were on the ground to take them to Ado Ekiti, the state capital for medical attention.

Meanwhile, Ekiti State Governor, Biodun Oyebanji, on Saturday assured parents and families of kidnapped pupils and staff of the Apostolic Faith Group of Schools, Emure Ekiti, that they would soon be rescued to rejoin them.

https://punchng.com/abducted-ekiti-school-children-teachers-regain-freedom/.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Creamypie(m): 8:51am On Feb 04
Driver na sacrificed lamb
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by slivertongue: 8:51am On Feb 04
terrible. NIGERIA is been held hostage by terrorists

2 Likes

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by God1000(m): 8:53am On Feb 04
Why killing the driver? I don't know why drivers, security guards and policemen often get killed even when they pose no threat to these criminals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by matify83: 8:53am On Feb 04
So unfortunate that they killed the bus driver.
It is however gratifying to see that they were also apprehended and given befitting beating from which I doubt most of them will survive.

Say no to kidnapping

4 Likes

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Supremos: 8:55am On Feb 04
Cc OAM4J Nlfpmod Dominique Mynd44 Puskin FOD Mukina2 Fergie001

More photos

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Righthussle: 8:55am On Feb 04
Good one our gallant police.

1 Like

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Supremos: 8:57am On Feb 04
More photos

May the soul of the driver rest in peace 🕊️

1 Like

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Artscollection: 8:58am On Feb 04
Chai, these innocent children must have gone through alot,i hope they will take them to hospital and give them adequate treatment.
So who are the culphrits?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by ozo13(m): 9:01am On Feb 04
I hope the NPF are not talking about rescue after ransom were paid sha.i didn't see anywhere they talked about arresting or killing the criminals that abducted them.Me I no understand our security people again
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by jmoore(m): 9:04am On Feb 04
The clowns in police uniform should learn when to use the word 'rescue'.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by tollyboy5(m): 9:06am On Feb 04
matify83:
So unfortunate that they killed the bus driver.
It is however gratifying to see that they were also apprehended and given befitting beating from which I doubt most of them will survive.

Say no to kidnapping
Where you take see Dat one?

1 Like

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Jflex07(m): 9:09am On Feb 04
How much una pay to rescue them.. Useless police force.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by gbaskiboy: 9:14am On Feb 04
Kai! See what the country has been reduced to. Is pathetic and disturbing, I hope government will put extra measure to curtail insecurity

1 Like

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:17am On Feb 04
The driver has children nd other pple that depend on him but it seems they didn`t value his life that`s why he had 2b the sacrificial lamb.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Oloniyan(m): 9:18am On Feb 04
Kudos to Ekiti State government, individuals and the security officers involved in securing the release of these innocent people.

It's time Amotekun get armed to the teeth.
If Fulani Almajeris can wield AK then our Amotekun outfit should be able to mount APC undecided but then, we live where impunity rules. SMH
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by OGIBRA(m): 9:24am On Feb 04
Nigeria police as now turn to, kidnapper victims pickup, after ransome paid.. Rescue indeed, rescue from where, or rescue from who?

1 Like

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Akaegwu(m): 9:42am On Feb 04
Joy and sorrow merged
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by JohnAOne: 9:46am On Feb 04
Good one.

God bless the Nigeria Police and AMOTEKUN for this joint effort rescue.

If herdsmen can carry AK-47, then AMOTEKUN should be allowed to bear more sophisticated arms.

God bless EKITI STATE

God bless YORUBALAND.
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Turbo20: 9:47am On Feb 04
Thank God they came safe.

R. I. p to the driver
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Turbo20: 9:48am On Feb 04
JohnAOne:
Good one.

God bless the Police and AMOTEKUN for this joint effort rescue.

AMOTEKUN should be

Did they mention Amotekun there? 🤡
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Turbo20: 9:49am On Feb 04
Tinububalls:
Where are the bodies of the kidnappers?
If they where truly rescued at least,they will recover the body of the driver right?
People pay ransom finish, police collect glory.
obviously the government paid ransom

2 Likes

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by JohnAOne: 9:51am On Feb 04
Turbo20:

Did they mention Amotekun there? 🤡
Those on ground in EKITI informed that Hunters and AMOTEKUN corps were involved in the rescue operations.

It was a joint-rescue.

So you (and your people) are the real 🤡
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:51am On Feb 04
God1000:
Why killing the driver? I don't know why drivers, security guards and policemen often get killed even when they pose no threat to these criminals.

Where are the dead bodies of the kidnappers..

who are they?..

Oh i forgot.. they have received their ransom in millions because the commander in chief of the armed forces is DOA ..

these guys will use the money and buy more ammunitions..

Story of the shit hole

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:55am On Feb 04
Righthussle:
Good one our gallant police, The kidnappers will regret their actions.

With millions in ransom paid by the useless APc government..

The only regret should be you supporting incompetent leaders

3 Likes

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Turbo20: 10:14am On Feb 04
JohnAOne:
Those on ground in EKITI informed that Hunters and AMOTEKUN corps were involved in the rescue operations.

It was a joint-rescue.

So you (and your people) are the real 🤡
even those on ground in Ekiti told me that Fulani security men also involved in the rescue operation.

You want us belief you when such didn't reflect in the report
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Turbo20: 10:16am On Feb 04
ZombiePUNISHER:

With millions in ransom paid by the useless APc government..

The only regret should be you supporting incompetent leaders
don't mind the clown 🤡. APC has made kidnapping so lucrative. Them go pay ransom tire

1 Like

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by Supremos: 10:18am On Feb 04
Turbo20:
don't mind the clown 🤡. APC has made kidnapping so lucrative. Them go pay ransom tire
I don't like people coming on my thread to spew asinine.

Dear esteemed moderators, is their any reason as to why this isn't on frontpage.

Cc OAM4J Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by SisterAnn(f): 10:20am On Feb 04
Thank God! Thank God! Thank God!
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by matify83: 11:07am On Feb 04
tollyboy5:

Where you take see Dat one?

The video is every where on nairaland.
Re: Breaking; Driver Killed As Abducted Ekiti School Children, Teachers Regains Free by mytime24(f): 11:10am On Feb 04
Thank God 🙏

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Will Nigerians Have Sense To Highly Patronize Our Local Rice Farmers ? / I Wanna Contest As Councilor But: / The Effects Of Farouk Abdul (the Nigerian Terrorist) Action On Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.