Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,046 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) (2723 Views)

South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali / Transfer: South African Club, Chippa United Demand €2 Million For Nwabali / Video: Moment Jose Mourinho Heard About His Sacked, His Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Freshtruth(m): 11:24am On Feb 04
⏳ | The moment Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro went to south Africa to scout Chippa United goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali.

- Received his first ever national team invite
- Selected in the #AFCON2023 squad
- Made his debut in the AFCON opening match against Equatorial Guinea
- Kept 4 consecutive clean sheets
- Conceded only one goal in 5 matches
- Recorded a 90% save rate in the tournament

Nwabali was born ready 😤

#A2ZisHere | #A2ZFootballHub | #SuperEagles
[sub][/sub]

6 Likes

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Amotolongbo(f): 11:28am On Feb 04
I’m having the feeling this guy can be another Enyeama we have been praying for if he continues with his composure and performance

12 Likes

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Freshtruth(m): 11:37am On Feb 04
Before westeroff came to Nigeria did he won a trophy? No
Before Bonfere joe coach Nigeria did he won a trophy? No
Before late keshi coach Nigeria did he won a trophy? No

Those insulting this Man piesero he has never won a trophy ask your self this question
Someone who has coach Sporting Lisbon, Fc Porto,Valencia of Spain and Venezuela national team a PHE teacher some of u called him.
In the history of Nigeria Jose piesero is the highest profile coach we have ever recruited as a Nation.
Where was westeroff coaching or how many recognised teams has he ever coach?
How many of recognized teams has genort rohr ever coach?
If I am in piesero shoes if he wins the cup let him resign. Serious football Nations we pick interest in him. Even Portugal national FA if they eventually sack Mantinez you think Piesero won't be in consideration? Thank God Afcon is still Holding next year let us see what Amuieneke will do with Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Emperormartin(m): 11:48am On Feb 04
Freshtruth:

Those insulting this Man piesero he has never won a trophy ask your self this question
Someone who has coach Sporting Lisbon, Fc Porto,Valencia of Spain and Venezuela national team a PHE teacher some of u called him.
In the history of Nigeria Jose piesero is the highest profile coach we have ever recruited as a Nation.
If I am in piesero shoes if he wins the cup let him resign. Serious football Nations we pick interest in him. Even Portugal national FA if they eventually sack Mantinez you think Piesero won't be in consideration? Thank God Afcon is still Holding next year let us see what Amuieneke will do with Nigeria.
You've said it all

5 Likes

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by RepoMan007: 11:58am On Feb 04
So it is Nigeria vs South Africa in the next stage? The people who know the goalkeeper's weakness more than us.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by ogawisdom(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04
RepoMan007:
So it is Nigeria vs South Africa in the next stage? The people who know the goalkeeper's weakness more than us.

It's about the defence actually but most people don't see that. Once exposed most goal keepers are useless.

Our coach is a defensive genius. No country in Africa will find it easy against such defence with 5 workhorses.

For him to select you he considers your defensive acumen not just attacking, that is why Iheanacho, Musa, morffi won't play but Sanusi is a sure starter.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Deogratiasfx: 12:55pm On Feb 04
Freshtruth:

Let him go na.....what can he give that our local coaches have not given us? Even if he wins the AFCON, our own Keshi had given before.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Tesenak20: 2:00pm On Feb 04
Freshtruth:

Clemence Westerhof was Assistant Coach at Feyenoord Rotterdam and some time later the Coach of Vitess Arnhem in The Netherlands before he was hired in 1989 to Coach Nigeria. He brought in Bonfrere Jo in 1991 to assist him having previously worked with him in the Netherlands.
Late Stephen Okechukwu Keshi had qualified To go for the 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP, Coached Mali from 2008-2010 before Coaching Nigeria from 2011-2014.

Our highest profile Coach ever is not Jose Peseiro but Hans-Hubert "Berti" Vogts who took Germany to 2nd place at Euro 92, QUARTER-FINALS at USA 94 FIFA WORLD CUP, Won the EURO 96 Tourney for Germany whilst Coaching the likes of Oliver Bierhoff and a 2nd FIFA WORLD CUP QUARTER FINALS EXIT at FRANCE 98. He won the FIFA world CUP as a player in 1974.

ONE MAY ASK WHAT POINT AM I MAKING?
CORRECT INFORMATION AND CONSTRUCTIVE ASSERTIONS ARE NECESSARY WHEN RELATING WITH THE PUBLIC.

Of a truth you don't need to have won any trophy (e.g Herve Renard before Coaching Zambia) before you are appointed a National Team Manager as some take 2years to get their rhythm. However, you ought to have a defined style that delivers results after a year at most.
Peseiro may not have started brightly and may not have discovered many players but so far he has given Nigerians something to cheer defensively and we pray he caps it with lifting the AFCON TROPHY on his 1st attempt.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Tesenak20: 2:52pm On Feb 04
EmperorTolson:
help!!!
50k right now or i could end my life.
None of the above is an option.
Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by MisterBanny(m): 3:00pm On Feb 04
Freshtruth:

Exactly bro. If I were him, I won't immediately resign as I win the Nations cup. Leave the stage when the ovation is loudest. In fact, he should tender his resignation letter right from the pitch in Ivory coast before returning to Nigeria. When he leaves or resigns after Victory, he would have endeared himself to almost every Nigerian and will be forever respected. But if he chooses to stay after winning it, and later starts underperforming, I trust Nigerians, they will start calling for his head

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by rolams(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04
Tesenak20:

Clemence Westerhof was Assistant Coach at Feyenoord Rotterdam and some time later the Coach of Vitess Arnhem in The Netherlands before he was hired in 1989 to Coach Nigeria. He brought in Bonfrere Jo in 1991 to assist him having previously worked with him in the Netherlands.
Late Stephen Okechukwu Keshi had qualified To go for the 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP, Coached Mali from 2008-2010 before Coaching Nigeria from 2011-2014.

Our highest profile Coach ever is not Jose Peseiro but Hans-Hubert "Berti" Vogts who took Germany to 2nd place at Euro 92, QUARTER-FINALS at USA 94 FIFA WORLD CUP, Won the EURO 96 Tourney for Germany whilst Coaching the likes of Oliver Bierhoff and a 2nd FIFA WORLD CUP QUARTER FINALS EXIT at FRANCE 98. He won the FIFA world CUP as a player in 1974.

CORRECT INFORMATION AND CONSTRUCTIVE ASSERTIONS ARE NECESSARY WHEN RELATING WITH THE PUBLIC.

Of a truth you don't need to have won any trophy (e.g Herve Renard before Coaching Zambia) before you are appointed a National Team Manager as some take 2years to get their rhythm. However, you ought to have a defined style that delivers results after a year at most.
Peseiro may not have started brightly and may not have discovered many players but so far he has given Nigerians something to cheer defensively and we pray he caps it with lifting the AFCON TROPHY on his 1st attempt.

Thanks for this update. I intend doing this before.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by sharpwriter(m): 7:00pm On Feb 04
Tesenak20:

But the irony of it all is that Berti Vogts was the most useless coach we ever had. In his time, the whole team was in disarray, no pattern, no success, only draw draw like draw soup grin
Very stupid coach angry

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by blueghost(m): 9:58pm On Feb 04
smiley
Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Christian36: 10:04pm On Feb 04
sharpwriter:

But the irony of it all is that Berti Vogts was the most useless coach we ever had. In his time, the whole team was in disarray, no pattern, no success, only draw draw like draw soup grin
Very stupid coach angry
Honestly, that man made me to hate SE.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Rexymania(m): 10:21pm On Feb 04
Big guy
Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Charmingrascal(m): 10:22pm On Feb 04
Freshtruth:

Haaa Nigerians! Hypocrisy.
Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Charmingrascal(m): 10:25pm On Feb 04
Peseiro is now our friend, everybody is now his fan. Same Peseiro wey una wan stone to death just about 3 weeks ago.
Success get paid sha!

Nigerians I fear una mouth and switching ability. shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by sharpwriter(m): 10:54pm On Feb 04
Christian36:
Honestly, that man made me to hate SE.
grin cheesy na Yẹ̀yẹ́ man... There was this news then that he didn't want to stay in Nigeria to coach. He wanted to be coming (traveling) down from Germany to Nigeria anytime he has coaching sessions with the players. grin I can't even remember whether the stvpid NFF agreed then.
Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by StanleyMentor1: 4:51am On Feb 05
RepoMan007:
And he will know their weakness too grin
Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by ruggedtimi(m): 11:23am On Feb 05
Tesenak20:

berti vogts got a high profile on international level...but guy check peseiro c.v. He has literally touched everywhere. Real madrid as assistant coach...porto coach two times. Etc
Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Samunique(m): 4:01pm On Feb 05
This guy has everything required to be a goalie!

Just look at the physic, the height and the body build......

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by Vintage9999: 10:46am On Feb 06
Samunique:
This guy has everything required to be a goalie!

Just look at the physic, the height and the body build......
once I saw this pic that time I knew he will turn out good. See the confident body language and the firm handshake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by leathalbeast: 1:28pm On Feb 06
It still won't win Nigeria the afcon!
Re: The Moment Jose Piesero Went To South Africa Himself To Scot For Nwabali(photo) by santaclaws: 10:46pm On Feb 06
Amotolongbo:
I’m having the feeling this guy can be another Enyeama we have been praying for if he continues with his composure and performance

He might possibly become better than Enyeama with time, but he's yet to be really tested...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Is World Best! / Chelsea Confirms Signing Of Defender '' Filipe Luis '' / Photos: Burial Ceremony Of Muhammad Ali Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.