Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance (22601 Views)

Unemployment: FG Goes Tough On Expatriate Quota Abusers / LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People / Buhari Raises Committee On Ministers Portfolios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by dre11(m): 1:40pm On Feb 04
• Ministries, departments, agencies get timelines on deliverables

• Desk officers now to apply Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics

• Gbajabiamila: President focused on solving economic, security challenges

By Yusuf Alli

Determined to deliver the dividends of democracy, President Bola Tinubu has redefined the priorities of his administration.
He has placed premium on security for peace, food security, infrastructure, education, health, and social investment

Ministers and heads of agencies have also submitted lists of deliverables and timelines which will be monitored monthly and quarterly.

In line with the new order, Desk Officers have received Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics to assess Ministries, Departments and Agencies.

The list of the redefined goals was contained in a January 15, 2024 circular issued by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator George Akume.

Those copied with the circular were the Clerk of the National Assembly; the Auditor-General of the Federation; the Accountant-General of the Federation; Heads of Extra-Ministerial Departments/Directors-General and the Chief Executive Officers of parastatals, agencies and government-owned companies.

Titled “Redefining of the Presidential priority areas of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu”, the memo stated that the benchmarks will keep ministers and directors on their toes.

“Further to the cabinet retreat for Ministers, Presidential aides, Permanent Secretaries and top government functionaries held from 1st – 3rd November, 2023, His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has redefined the Priority Areas of his Administration as follows:

•Reform the economy to deliver sustained inclusive growth

•Strengthen national security for peace and prosperity

•Boost agriculture to achieve food security

•Unlock energy and natural resources for sustainable development

•Enhance infrastructure and transportation as enablers of growth

•Focus on education, health, and social investment as essential pillars of development

•Accelerate diversification through industrialization, digitization, creative arts, manufacturing and innovation

• Improve governance for effective service delivery,” the memo stated

“Accordingly, all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) are to ensure that their Policies, Programmes and Projects align with Mr. President’s Priority Areas in line with the Renewed Hope Agenda,
” the memo added.

A top source, who spoke in confidence with The Nation , said it will no longer be business as usual for ministers and MDAs.

According to the highly-placed source, ministers and agencies have submitted deliverables which have been broken down to monthly and quarterly modules.

The source added: “With the deliverables, desk officers will now apply KPI Metrics to ascertain whether or not Ministries, Departments and Agencies are following their plans and goals.”

He said the fact is that ministers, heads of departments and agencies have to work round the clock to meet their targets.

“At the end of the day, the overall performance of a minister or head of any agency will be based on the KPI Metrics. The essence is to set goals, ensure good governance, fast-track development and make those in charge of any project or assignment be up to what they are doing. “

He said the President will take a final decision and determine those who are not performing, those underperforming and those abysmally weak.

He said Tinubu is interested only in optimal service delivery because Nigerians are awaiting accelerated changes in the economic outlook, security and social development.

Gbajabiamila: President focused on solving economic, security challenges
The Chief of Staff to the President, Mr.Femi Gbajabiamila, said yesterday that President Bola Tinubu is determined and fully committed to dealing with the myriad of socio-economic problems facing the country.

Gbajabiamila said it was for this reason that the President had to remove the fuel subsidy.

He said Nigeria and Nigerians would soon begin to reap the benefits of the removal of fuel subsidy.

Gbajabiamila spoke to reporters moments after voting at Polling Unit 014, Ward 08, Elizabeth Fowler Memorial School, Surulere, Lagos in the House of Representatives by-election for Surulere 1.

He said: “Mr President, who I talk to on a daily basis, has no other thing in his mind than how to address the issue of insecurity and economic hardship.

“He (Tinubu) has his gaze fixed on solving the problems. He met a lot on ground, we’ve had these issues for years, and I think we have somebody who would address those issues and address them well.”

Gbajabiamila represented Surulere 1 in the Green Chamber before becoming Speaker in 2019.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-redefines-priorities-goes-tough-on-ministers-performance/

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by JayyXXX(m): 1:45pm On Feb 04
Another story from the new PSG coach called Mr. Tinubu.

All talk, no Champions League.

119 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by God1000(m): 1:47pm On Feb 04
Let me know when he comes back from France

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Ozommadu: 1:48pm On Feb 04
Lieing shamelessly is in Apc members and supporters DNA.

You mean the technocrats tilumbu assembled are all patch patch??😂😂

Tinubu is synonymous to fraud

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Arobaga: 2:07pm On Feb 04
Goes hard on ministers to perform hard

When Tinubu himself isn’t performing hard

Bastard and foolish president

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by RuggedBiafran: 2:12pm On Feb 04
This is the way he developed LAGOS abi?

This is the Economic Strategist ?

This is the so called City boy with finabcial dexterity

APC supporters, who are mostly from the SW, have even made Buhari 'a known failure' look like a superstar.

Tinubu is a disgrace and a fraud that finances idiots and touts to sing his praises.

This dame Tinubu financed touts and idiots to gather at OJOTA and call Jonathan Names. The same Tinubu has increased price of petroleum products astronomically. He has made the naira worthless. Inflation is high and foodstuffs are expensive.

But all the idiots that gathered at OJOTA , that claimed to be progressives are quiet and senselessly dumb.

Bakare
Oshimole
Soyinka
Falana

Shameless people...spits.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by insidelife22(m): 2:32pm On Feb 04
Is he back from recharging his battery in France

22 Likes

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Artscollection: 2:42pm On Feb 04
Jokers!!!! The point is That emilikon doesn't care about nothing.

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by PressMyButton: 3:00pm On Feb 04
Their performances should also be open to public voting, it helps ascertain the feedbacks directly from the grassroots.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Savedday2: 3:02pm On Feb 04
When the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by fearlessfang: 9:30pm On Feb 04
A criminal leader will only enable criminality. We have far too many criminals in Bola Tinubu’s cabinet.

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Basicend: 9:30pm On Feb 04
Baba Jagaban.

If you had removed subsidy on Fuel and kept stabilizing the Naira value, Nigeria would have avoided what is besetting her now.

You are have been importing refined crude (PMS) at daily prevailing exchange rates which has been very high, and had to subsidize the price to the end-consumers at around #600 or so.

In effect, your govt kept paying so much subsidy on litres of imported PMS, coz Naira value kept dropping at a galloping rate. Concurrently, running back to still subsidize naira value, occasionally (at hazardous times).

That is why the govt is extremely gassed out, and broke now. It could hardly pay salaries of its workforce, while the masses are dying of stark hunger.

You need to wear a garment of strong sacrifice now, and forget about embezzlement (including your cabinet members and legislators) otherwise, the dryness on the ground (Nigeria) will be xtreemly mighty.

Focus on gaining value, and stability to the Naira. Be really to sacrifice indeed for Nigeria, perhaps there could be hope.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Dankovich1: 9:30pm On Feb 04
Issorite
Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by thatsleepboy1: 9:30pm On Feb 04

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by ProudNigerian01: 9:30pm On Feb 04
Appraisal is a welcome development but I would love a situation in which the people can appraise the President too.

Test your popularity among those you are governing and see how well they rate your policies. I believe Nigerians want to see more effort from the government in addressing the challenges we are facing.

Anyway,
I wish to remind EVERYONE that FORNICATION, PRIDE, ANGER LEADING TO OFFENCE, JEALOUSY are serious sins before God.

Why are you not steady in serving God? Why are you still comfortable living the way you like without obeying God?

Godly today, careless living tomorrow. Why na?

Each time you sin, you open yourself to attack from the enemy of your soul. Sin is a reproach and You must commit to resisting it in any manifestation.

Rev.3.15 - "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.

Rev.3.16 - So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
It's time to become completely committed to God. Ask for his help and you will do it easily for with God all things are possible.

Matt.19.26 - But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Prayer:
Father I acknowledge all my sins (name them). Have mercy on me and become Lord of my life again in Jesus name. Amen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by marlow1962(m): 9:31pm On Feb 04
Lol clowns 🤡

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by seborrhic: 9:31pm On Feb 04
PR propaganda of a disastrous president.
If anyone had told me any person or even an animal can outperform Buhari in mismanagement and incompetence,I would have called the person a very,very big fo ol.
After glancing through the gibberish and posting,I decided to even check the source of the story and I wasn't disappointed,The Nation.
Nothing more to say

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by franchasofficia: 9:32pm On Feb 04
Lol Bed-ridden Tinubu abi President Femi Gbajabiamila goes tough? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Chimarto: 9:32pm On Feb 04
Noise up and down without results

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by justking(m): 9:32pm On Feb 04
Good
Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Justoneweek: 9:32pm On Feb 04
We want to feel the impact.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count, improvement of your girth, stamina and infertility reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.
Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by illuminutty: 9:32pm On Feb 04
Remote president hiding in France. Shame! When will a foreign president come and leave in Nigeria and preside over the affairs of his country from here?

Leadership by propaganda, trial and error, wickedness, cluelessness and ineptitude. The Lagos landlord is a scam tht has been exposed by Aso Rock.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by magoo10(m): 9:33pm On Feb 04
Ministers that are busy chasing dollars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Sabadon(m): 9:33pm On Feb 04
Bonjour emilokan undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by qtx(m): 9:33pm On Feb 04
dre11:

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-redefines-priorities-goes-tough-on-ministers-performance/
BAT my boi and his team are still campaigning rather than working. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by franchasofficia: 9:34pm On Feb 04
illuminutty:
Remote president working from France. Shame!
Nigerians have been unlucky since 2015; being governed remotely by old sickly Presidents languishing in European hospitals.

APC is a party designed by Satan himself to destroy Nigeria angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by WakeUpNigerians: 9:34pm On Feb 04
Someone hiding in France is going hard on people in Nigeria grin

Buhari ProMax has started! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Ekehwinz: 9:34pm On Feb 04
Lamba!

Show workings oga, not media LIES

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by christejames(m): 9:34pm On Feb 04
The music 🎶 sounds familiar; propaganda!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by SonofElElyonRet: 9:34pm On Feb 04
dre11:

What's important is results...
I am willing ti buy P.I. Coins at N300 per coin and also ready for a physical transaction and meeting if you stay in Lagos... reach out to me by whatsapp on 0.8.0.7.4.3.7.0.7.2.1. Bulk sale preferred
Re: Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance by Elvis2kay: 9:34pm On Feb 04
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south / James Ibori's Daughter Wins PDP Primaries for Delta state assembly / Burial Photos Of Senator Ali Wakili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.