Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People (21227 Views)

Tinubu Redefines Priorities, Goes Tough On Ministers’ Performance / Unemployment: FG Goes Tough On Expatriate Quota Abusers / The Policeman That Shot Opeyemi Bamidel Is Not Fake But On Illegal Duty - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by postbox: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
The Lagos State Government has arrested 14 illegal sand dredgers on the shoreline of Ikoyi-Lekki axis at Banana Island during a compliance enforcement exercise conducted by the Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development to protect the shoreline against illegal reclamation extensions.

Leading the Enforcement team, the Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure Development, Arc. Ahmed Kabiru Abdullahi said, “In some locations, they have extended up to 120 metres beyond the original shoreline, narrowing the waterways, creating nuisances and hindering water transportation”.

He explained that the reclamation extensions for real estate development were identified in 23 locations on the shoreline of Banana Island with development at different stages of completion.
“The structures erected on the shorelines were marked for removal and restoration of the areas. The 14 illegal dredgers arrested have been taken to court and are being prosecuted by the Environmental and Special offences Court in Oshodi Lagos”, Kabiru stated.

The Commissioner asserted that the compliance monitoring exercise is expected to continue in Lekki Peninsula, Ikorodu and the Ojo-Badagry axis.
https://brandspurng.com/2020/01/26/lasg-goes-tough-on-illegal-waterfront-land-reclamation-arrests-fourteen-photos/

1 Like

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by postbox: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
More Pictures...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by helinues: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
Na wah oo
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2020
!

1 Like

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by WandaNara: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
To the mod that deleted my post on the other thread, keep it up. Never knew that dead meat seller is related to one of the mods.

Waiting for the jobless guy to come and rant here as usual. Nonsense and mannabbq.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by CotenantNIG: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
everything is illegal in Lagos
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Perfecttouchade: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Welcome to Lagos...zero tolerance to illegal activities

3 Likes

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by majamajic(m): 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
ahh this club !

ahh all the fine girls
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by omoadeleye(m): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
helinues:
Na wah oo

Well govt is right about this, there's limit to what they're doing, if government don't regulate them, who knows maybe we will be having earthquakes in future due to much digging of ground

2 Likes

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Maxymilliano(m): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ilubirin nko ?
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by handsomeyinka(m): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2020
WandaNara:
To the mod that deleted my post on the other thread, keep it up. Never knew that dead meat seller is related to one of the mods.

Nairaland is going down just like Nigeria.
Why are you insulting our Mod..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Dataanallysst: 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
This one loud ooo
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
WandaNara:

Waiting for the jobless guy to come and rant here as usual. Nonsense and mannabbq.
U dey answer dem... Ndi ara ka ha bu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Viktoreze(m): 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2020
Why na
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by money121(m): 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ok
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by 1x2x3: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2020
CotenantNIG:
everything is illegal in Lagos

They reclaim land from the waters illegally then sell to people......that's legal in your reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Basit46: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2020
And to the Christians that won't keep off from Muslim's post. I pray you have sense, You even swore that you are a muslim angryAnd to the Christians that won't keep off from Muslim's post. I pray you have sense, You even swore that you are a muslim

2 Likes

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Jabioro: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ok
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by CotenantNIG: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2020
1x2x3:

They reclaim land from the waters illegally then sell to people......that's legal in your reasoning.

what i mean is most practices in Lagos are illegal
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Roon9(m): 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hmmmm..... If only people could be extensively enlightened on the dangers of such acts. Days and time would go by and nature would always take it all back

call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily.

1 Like

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by gaetano: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2020
I
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Fastecash: 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2020
1bet9jafourodd1:
Let's Hit it Big#
use your father for ritual and stake the money on it..the next 90mins u will be like dangote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by debbysure01(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2020
Everything I difficult in Lagos.....
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by 1x2x3: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
CotenantNIG:

what i mean is most practices in Lagos are illegal

Oh I get you. cheesy
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by CotenantNIG: 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
1x2x3:

Oh I get you. cheesy

yh
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Born2Breed(f): 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
grin
Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
By the time two to three calls are made. Case go settle

1 Like

Re: LASG Goes Tough On Illegal Waterfront Land Reclamation, Arrests Fourteen People by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
Yees good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! / El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.