Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,498 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

"The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna (46088 Views)

Serious Fights Erupt At Filling Stations In Ibadan And Ogun State (Pictures) / Protest Erupt In Abuja Against INEC & 2023 Elections Results / Protests Erupt In Italy, Bulgaria Against Arms Supplies To Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by gidjah(m): 3:46pm On Feb 05
verybadmouth:
Truth be told, Government needs to Wake up
I really don't know what they are doing there rather than look at papers and charts as if that's the solution to the hunger firing the villagers in the country side ,those in the town who are seriously struggling to pay bills this two years!! I EXPECTED THEM TO HAVE DROPPED DOWN D PRICES OF GRAINS NOW . WHAT IS D BAT THINKING .
Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by loswhite(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mayDTO-k25c
Protests erupt in Minna over rising inflation and hike in fuel and gas prices.

They are mad!!! Why did they not protest when their King of the north Buhari destroyed the economy? Rubbish northerners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by loswhite(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05
Okortor:
I talked about hitting the streets in protest in a comment here last week but the useless mod lala or whatever his name is banned me and deleted my comment immediately...so it's crystal clear seun is an APC ronu member in disguise. We all go dey alright las las ...... Nonsense tribalism humans.
Why did you not protest when Buhari destroyed the economy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by gidjah(m): 3:50pm On Feb 05
Hope fully they would be able to develop some balls to try this.HAUSA MAN NO DEY SEND O, WE NO DEY FEAR DEATH and out leaders here know that .IF U TRY ANY HOW U GO SEE ANY HOW! BUT YOUR PEOPLE THERE ARE MAJORLY BOTTOM LICKERS WHO sing praises
of even the devil in as much he can tip them.The aboki man can collect from u and still vote against u ! .I also hope by the time Ogun and Lagos takes over ...This AGBEROB AREA FATHER ( OLUOMO) will allow them be ,he won't send thugs after innocently hungry men .
ImoleNaija:
Way to go........coz it's no longer bearable.

I've been looking forward to such protests by the youths in Lag/Ogun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by UptownVibes(m): 3:56pm On Feb 05
drehdinho:

Shut up. It’s not about political party. The heart of man can’t be predicted. Whether is Obi or you or me, nobody can guarantee what would happen from any administration .

What you should be concerned about is getting the best from the government. Stop the Obi , Yoruba , Hausa or Igbo nonsensical talks, and face the main reality which the damage caused by the insensitivity of the present administration.

This myopic view of your type is the reason for this prolonged corruption in the country. And more reason the leaders won’t bulge because they know dumb people like you won’t fight the important fight but baseless political arguments up and down.

I wonder the kind of persons I’m being merged with in the name of a country. You people lack critical thinking skills. Every time Obi , if it’s not Obi. It will be Igbo marginalization or religion conflict. Dem use irrelevant arguments do una ni ?

As if Obi is god and no other person worth being the leader of the country other than him.

A good governance knows no religion, tribe or color or race, a good governance embraces equality and shuns discrimination in whatever form. A good governance is solely meant to serve everyone. That’s what a right thinking human should advocate for not Obi this Obi that . Adamu this Adamu that.

In developed countries, people from totally different backgrounds, colors are voted by the people as long as they have what it takes to deliver.

The world has transcended beyond this your myopic view. You people should have sense for once.

As I dey like this now, I’m a Yoruba , and the President is a Yoruba , does it protect me from the ongoing hardship ?

I bought just 3 items two days ago - Nivea , Forge Body Spray and 400 gram of peak milk for 10k. I could afford it. But that’s not the way it’s supposed to be.

People are dying of hunger and you’re stressing on Obi. Can’t you see that something is wrong in your head ?
You obviously don't have s.e.n.s.e.,and that is why you couldn't see the hand writing on the wall during campaign. During campaign that your Tinubu was called for debates ,he didn't show up cux he had no plans for the country.

Even a right thinking person won't even vote or support APC ,because of what buhari did during his 8years in power.. As a matter of fact,tinubu even said he was going to build on Buhari's foundation.

But because tribalism and religion blindfolded you and your likes,he used your d.u.l.l heads..

And its not even a year yet,and you are protesting ? As a matter of fact,the army should shoot anybody staging protest to distract this beautiful government. grin
Una must get s.e.n.s.e this time..

You bought milk for 10k,that's your business. As long as you guys don't stage protest to distract this beautiful government. You can buy it for a 100$.. Let it continue like that,and let's see who we cry first..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Nigerfine3: 3:57pm On Feb 05
They are Igbos

1 Like

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Sunday2021: 3:58pm On Feb 05
shadrach77:
These people should just shut the f**k up and keep quiet! Buhari was there for 8 years and they never complained only for them to start shouting after just eight months under Tinubu. Their protests are laced with tribal sentiments cry
I wish your skull is not empty.

1 Like

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Sunday2021: 4:00pm On Feb 05
shadrach77:
These people should just shut the f**k up and keep quiet! Buhari was there for 8 years and they never complained only for them to start shouting after just eight months under Tinubu. Their protests are laced with tribal sentiments cry
how much was dollar, how much was foodstuffs,how much was petrol when buhari was there?
Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Sunday2021: 4:04pm On Feb 05
Toneroiyke:
A very big shame to Nigerian govt, the only solution they know is to share palliative...Rather than to fix the problem
where did you even see the palliative

1 Like

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Mrexcell(m): 4:06pm On Feb 05
They have absolutely no reason to protest if they voted for the apc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Sunday2021: 4:11pm On Feb 05
ablejesus26:
Tifnubu please order the soldiers to shoot this ones in their left yansh already angry

Ordinary SHEGE You are making noise and disturbing others,what if We enter BANZIA PHRASE

Go home and cry ebi n pka mi oo in whatever language You deem fit.

Before You know it they will start invading and looting people's business like the endsars angry

Shoot their left yansh joor.
even the soldiers are crying

1 Like

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by drehdinho(m): 4:12pm On Feb 05
UptownVibes:
You obviously don't have s.e.n.s.e.,and that is why you couldn't see the hand writing on the wall during campaign. During campaign that your Tinubu was called for debates ,he didn't show up cux he had no plans for the country.

Even a right thinking person won't even vote or support APC ,because of what buhari did during his 8years in power.. As a matter of fact,tinubu even said he was going to build on Buhari's foundation.

But because tribalism and religion blindfolded you and your likes,he used your d.u.l.l heads..

And its not even a year yet,and you are protesting ? As a matter of fact,the army should shoot anybody staging protest to distract this beautiful government. grin

You bought milk for 10k,that's your business. As long as you guys don't stage protest to distract this beautiful government. You can buy it for a 100$.. Let it continue like that,and let's see who we cry first..

You see your life now. Most of us don’t care where the leader of this country comes from. We only care about good governance. I’m one of those people.

Let me tell you. A good leadership knows no tribe , religion or whatever line of group you can imagine.

As far as me and you know , nobody has had any special benefits as a result of the President is from their tribe, particularly when you’re a common man.

Also, I’m saying this again, you’re not developed politically. You need to unlearn everything you know about politics.

The way it’s being practiced in Nigeria is not the right way. Leadership is a competition of idea and nothing more. Individuals have the right to vote for whoever they choose to at their discretion.

You can’t possibly take my vote and use it as an electorate. Stop being illogical.

If I decided to vote for Obi or Tinubu, it is my right and it’s nobody’s business. You too exercise your voting right.

You don’t bully others because they didn’t vote for the person you felt is the best. It’s your own subjective decision, and it should be left that way. That’s why I said you and your likes are brainless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by stacyadams: 4:17pm On Feb 05
Toneroiyke:
A very big shame to Nigerian govt, the only solution they know is to share palliative...Rather than to fix the problem
forget naija politicians,those once no Sabi wetin be shame..blame the useless supporters wey go waste their money going to school in the name of getting education grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by sulaak(m): 4:18pm On Feb 05
How many Nigerians voted for Tinubu? His total vote was 8.9 million in a registered electorate of 97 million.

PDP, LP and NNPP got a combine total of 16 million. Nigeria electorate system needs to be reviewed and amended.

2 Likes

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by stacyadams: 4:21pm On Feb 05
Sunday2021:
even the soldiers are crying
grin those ones know what to do when they are ready...they can continue crying and following their oga

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by ufuosman(m): 4:22pm On Feb 05
Kano, Kuduna, Kastina, Zamfara and Sokoto see una mate, make una start una own with full force. Those still supporting tinubu should explain to me abt d rate d dollar is flying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by torqque7(m): 4:24pm On Feb 05
Okoroawusa:

If we ask you how Obi was the best now you start blabbing. See you that voted based on tribe and religion calling others bigots.
Where did the majority of Obi's vote come from? Igbos and Christians. So look in the mirror when next you talk of bigotry.

Your name alone shows that you are a tribalistic and probably religious bigot as well and that's why you think everyone is same as you. For your info I am Not Igbo and I know many SENSIBLE Yoruba Muslims that voted and knew Obi was the best candidate,abi you no dey Nija when Lagos voted for him?Just dey play.
Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Tonytonex(m): 4:25pm On Feb 05
Tomorrow now they will still vote for them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Jeffy1206(m): 4:35pm On Feb 05
Shebi dem vote apc maximum? Rubbish people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Benzemma(m): 4:36pm On Feb 05
Until Nigerians full presidential house the way Sirilanka did, I will take the protest serious and I will never believe that there is hardship in the country!

2 Likes

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by blowjohn(m): 4:44pm On Feb 05
Real shege banza akuya barawo makatanta alubosa grin grin grin

If u tell them to vote again they will vote atiku or tambuwal.

Make them enjoy the ride.

I tot this administration wid do better but oh well,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by torqque7(m): 4:54pm On Feb 05
drehdinho:

That’s why I keep saying that reasoning is myopic. Whatever makes you feel those who voted for Tinubu aren’t wise indicate you have not yet developed politically.

With your analogy , you feel you have made the most logical point of all time. You’re insinuating those who voted Tinubu are the dullards but those who supported Obi were the wise one.

What is the rationale behind such a dumb reasoning?

When Nigeria is on the pitch playing football as a nation , everyone participates and some tribes even dominate in numbers based on their ability and skills. And we all embrace them and watch to support them all regardless, but whenever it’s about the government and their corrupt practices, some of you get so dumb to know that wether it’s an Ibo or Yoruba or Hausa , it changes nothing.

Can’t you people think? I’m I not a Yoruba? Is the bad leadership not affecting me? Did Obi not serve as Anambra governor, were there no indigenes complaining of poor governance even despite it’s their own that ruled them?

Do you people not have Ezes stealing your resources and subjecting your indigenous people to abject poverty in Oguta LGA that houses one of the biggest oil companies in Nigeria?

How much benefit have you had under the leadership of any of your eastern governors over the years ? Are other tribes not suffering from this same issue?

The problem is you people find it difficult to think critically.

The problem is not individual tribe ; the problem is the system is corrupt. And part of the reasons this systems keep being corrupt is your type that are concerned about irrelevances.

Think think think . The brain is meant for critical thinking. Use it.

Seems Comprehension is difficult for you, you still don't understand the monkey and banana anology? Read very carefully to understand. The point is no MATTER what you do or say to the monkey,it will ALWAYS choose the banana instead of the $100,do you see how this applies to you?

Do you think a mad man on the street knows he is mad?he on the other hand thinks everyone else is abnormal while the sane people apart from his fellow mad men know he is mad. We are talking reasonable issues you are dragging in ethnicity
and other irrelevant sentiments replying me like you are sure I am Igbo ..If kwankwaso had Peter Obis life, we would have voted him in,it's NOT about tribe and religion,it's about capacity to deliver regardless of who the person is.

Unfortunately you can NEVER Understand or see it because your capacity to think outside the box is limited. You talk about corruption,who is more corrupt than a certificate forger and a man who uses his private business to audit a state because he has the power to do so and NOT because his company is the best for the job? Or a man with a history of drug pushing?

All these things are NOT new to you and your likes yet you felt he was the better choice over a man with a clean slate compared to your candidate only because he is Igbo. I am taking my time to say all these NOT for your sake because you will NEVER understand what is beyond your reasoning capacity,but I am taking time to say these for those who have the capacity to reason well and make amends for the future.

As it is now, you and your likes are the only people buying fuel at 400naira na and getting dollars at 450 while everyone else is suffering the bad economy,we really envy your immunity o so enjoy.

1 Like

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by torqque7(m): 5:10pm On Feb 05
UptownVibes:

Don't mind that d.u.l.la.rd. thinking he is making sense. He and his likes are very immune to the bad government and economy o the baba and his likes are buying fuel cheap for their special filling station as long as they prove they voted Jagaban of life,they get special treatment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Enemiesmasquera: 5:12pm On Feb 05
shadrach77:
Shut up already. They are citizens and have right to protest. If you must know, things are far worse now than Buhari regime
Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by olax02(m): 5:13pm On Feb 05
verybadmouth:
Truth be told, Government needs to Wake up
The Masses need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by AishaDant(f): 5:21pm On Feb 05
Good!

Now let it spread across the whole country and be on a daily basis….

We need a revolution asap!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by DeOTR: 5:30pm On Feb 05
We need to apply caution o. Nigeria problems didn't start last year May. It's obvious it's no longer feasible to borrow to pay subsidy and support the naira.
If you ask me, no one would have done better than this, except of course, they want to continue to borrow like Buhari just to keep y'all happy.
I'm not averse to people protesting o, in fact, anything that'll make this country collapse is a welcome development.
I'll encourage all the states in the north east and north west to join and stage a massive protest.
Maybe, just maybe, they'll see the urgent need for us to restructure this country or, better still, make everyone go their separate ways. At least, that way, each unit will chart the course of their own destinies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Waterfullbelle: 5:48pm On Feb 05
shadrach77:

People like you are just iddiots. You do everything to defend bad government for sole tribalism. Bro, tribalism does not bring food to anybody's table. Learn to see bad government and call it just what it is.

Meanwhile, this should be replicated in all states of the federation. Cost of living is glaringly beyond the poor and the average.

What are we waiting for?
Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Yankee101: 6:06pm On Feb 05
It’s just the beginning
The political class will be swept out if nothing is done
Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by Ubdavis(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05
The very year my pastor would be a year of supernatural shift
Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by mine85(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05
We need to replicate this protest across the country. Our government officials are Satan's incanate. Very wicked group of people.
Re: "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna by yeshuasfootstep(m): 6:18pm On Feb 05
No one who stole power, use it for the good of the people... Dike Chukwumerije.

Could this be true?

May nature see all the innocent through this hardship and lesson.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Magu Refers To Duro Faseyi As ‘Fayose’ / Lai Mohammed Slams FFK & Fayose, Warns Nigerians On Fake News Regarding Buhari / Mass Defection Looms In APC As 5 Governors, 28 Senators Join Forces With Npdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.