Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,902 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars (27584 Views)

World Bank Warns CBN Against FX Control, Direct Lending, Subsidy Programmes / Standard Chartered To Shut Half Of Nigeria Branches / World Bank Warns Nigerians Against Fake Cooperative Schemes, Grants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Abee79(m): 9:08pm On Feb 05
I still don't understand why as an independent sovereign Nation, the strength and value of our currency is determined by a foreign currency.

It's a rhetorical question.
I actually know the answer
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Dybala11(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05
Paraman:
If you like, don't listen to professionals, keep on believing what losers, hate filled and bitter people are saying on nairaland and twitter.
And what are the experts saying??
That we should only hold on to Naira that is constantly getting devalued?
Do you even know that the Naira has lost about 300% of it's value within 8 months compared to the dollars?
You're a joker. 🙄
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Donedeal1(m): 9:15pm On Feb 05
What's the different between dollars and naira

1)stability
2)value
3)dignity
4)reliability
5)accessibly.

Does naira and kobo. had any of this
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Dybala11(m): 9:17pm On Feb 05
Hopium:

Lol. You will learn.

In trading, there's a time you take profit and move on. That's similar to what the bank is saying.

Naira has crashed enough. With the new policies in place, the rebound is near our door step.

Like they said, don't buy the dollar to speculate - only dumb money will buy the dollar now; the meat of the move is done. Don't play!
. You will learn soon, dey play. 😂😂
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by ninetiethcrown7(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05
Hopium:

Lol. You will learn.

In trading, there's a time you take profit and move on. That's similar to what the bank is saying.

Naira has crashed enough. With the new policies in place, the rebound is near our door step.

Like they said, don't buy the dollar to speculate - only dumb money will buy the dollar now; the meat of the move is done. Don't play!

lol no mind them, they will lurn very soon. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Paraman: 9:50pm On Feb 05
udemzyudex:

Trash,let them do it first then others will follow.

FG should liquidate their foreign reserves, turn it to naira then we'll take them serious.
Why should the FG do what you're suggesting?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by porthouse7(f): 9:51pm On Feb 05
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Warning ko, warning ni grin.

This baba is looking for who to deceive.I trust Nigerians,they will do the needful cheesy.
see them.... And dem dey people are suffering
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Paraman: 9:55pm On Feb 05
Dybala11:

And what are the experts saying??
right now, don't buy the dollar and keep at home.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Ade1177: 9:56pm On Feb 05
TheBillyonaire:
We should simply replace the naira with dollars since oil and gas is sold in dollars and we are an importing country. Why use naira when we can use dollars grin

Been asking this

Celebrities don't spend naira
Politicians don't spend naira
Everything about the rich has no naira

The govt itself is run with dollars
Every rich person calculates and spend money in dollars

Only the poor spend naira

So therefore 30yrs to this time the naira will continue falling

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by proeast(m): 10:30pm On Feb 05
Eriokanmi:
After announcing last week that they'd use over 30bn dollars stashed in various banks to safe the free fall of naira, the money which the CBN later debunked,, a lot of people, including politicians have besieged banks and withdrawn all their dollars.

From time immemorial, any news from the federal government coffers which were carried by major newspapers were later debunked later became real. I can't be mentioning scenarios. The most recent one was the electricity tariff which they first debunked. Now, its become a reality. Maybe the cbn had envisaged that people would react swiftly and pack all their dollars before they implement the policy, they now debunked it. Nigerians are wiser than they think. How can you convert usd to naira at a rate you would now dictate to the owners of those dollars?

The politicians aren't left out today among those who thronged banks and took their dollars away. That's the reason dollar rate fell since last Saturday. I bought dollar at 1407 today, imagine. Early last week it was sold above 1,500. Dollar don yapa now and its estimated to fall further.

All these international banks will be hardest hit and that's why the standard chartered man was shouting 😃. A lot of people must have emptied their dollar vaults today.

If people decide to start hiding dollars away from the banking system, it will further worsen the situation.

Meanwhile, what happens to those that saved dollars and intend to travel abroad with it as POF, are they still going to force them to take naira?

Nigeria’s economy is finally on the brink of total collapse.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by TheBillyonaire: 11:11pm On Feb 05
Ade1177:

Been asking this

Celebrities don't spend naira
Politicians don't spend naira
Everything about the rich has no naira

The govt itself is run with dollars
Every rich person calculates and spend money in dollars

Only the poor spend naira

So therefore 30yrs to this time the naira will continue falling

We are obviously more American than Nigerian. It either we decouple our economy from dollars or we agree that we are a colony and continue to use dollars until the system collapses and we go into civil war again and split into 3 countries.

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by merits(m): 11:36pm On Feb 05
writeprof:

Is Binance that discreet and secured?

It's safe die and very very secure that is where all this our politicians store their money either in naira or dollars EFCC can never trace your money or anyone.moreso you can also use BINANCE account to buy Dollar keep the more dollar appreciate the more your money would also appreciate at every interval.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Anatolia: 11:43pm On Feb 05
He is saying Nigerians should not to hoard dollars but they are the greatest hoarders of foreign currency. Do what I say but don’t do what I do.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by TUANKU(m): 12:27am On Feb 06
Gucciblog:

Sharrap.

People have been saving in Dollar before your papa was born.

Even your country saves in Dollar. Stop saying things like an illiterate.
He is actually an illiterate.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Lordly13: 12:50am On Feb 06
The best way to save your money is to invest it in assets like gold, stock, and real estate. Because I no trust Naira any day, but Naira fit suprise us.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by eepeepook: 2:21am On Feb 06
The people who do it won't listen. 97% of Nigerians have never handled foreign currency. The ones who do are too powerful to care.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Konquest: 2:25am On Feb 06
Paraman:

https://punchng.com/standard-chartered-bank-warns-against-hoarding-of-dollars/?amp
Speaking at the event, the Head of Financial Markets & Rates & Credit Trading, West Africa, Ayodeji Adelagun, said that given the unstable naira, that was the time to buy only as many dollars as required for use per time.

Adelagun said, “This is not the time to speculate, it’s not time to stockpile. It’s time to get only what you need. If you need to pay for something, buy what you need and move on.”

He pointed out that the volatility seen with the naira was as a result of attempts of the Central Bank of Nigeria to mop up excess liquidity.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by migabeatz: 3:39am On Feb 06
Kudos to everyone out here trying to make something good happen for themselves.

Just want to inform you all that you can trade your funds and crypto currency with me at GOOD rate. Upwork contract is also available for scouting.

I also help outsource and deliver any project/gig you can't handle alone.

Ask me for all tags (clean funds only). I have a registered business name, I'm on LinkedIn and I'm ready to provide you with any info that you need to verify me.

I also help solve freelance platforms issues.

Contact me to learn more. Thanks!

My what's app number is 08115468005
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Obierika(m): 4:29am On Feb 06
proeast:
Look at the foolish ones talking rubbish. So, Nigerians should keep their money in naira and watch their hard earned money become worthless? This man here probably has vast stash saved in dollars just like corrupt politicians but they want Nigerians to suffer alone.

You dey mind am? Let him be there talking rubbish

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Dancebreaker: 4:59am On Feb 06
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Warning ko, warning ni grin.

This baba is looking for who to deceive.I trust Nigerians,they will do the needful cheesy.
All these book economics nor dey work in 9ja because nobody follows the rules.

The dude sef dey stockpile FX seriously. grin grin cheesy cheesy

When has Naira ever regained value it has lost? It might regain a little temporarily but medium term is more devaluation.

If you have dollars/Euro, keep your money jeje. Even if Naira becomes 900 to a dollar, still keep it and wait for just 6 months.

Even dom accounts worth about 30 abi 50 billion dollars in total already dey govt eye to raid sef.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by dexmond: 5:27am On Feb 06
It is politicians and their fronts that hoard dollars. In fact, they are majorly responsible for the wholesale buying of FX.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Paraman: 7:01am On Feb 06
TheBillyonaire:

We are obviously more American than Nigerian. It either we decouple our economy from dollars or we agree that we are a colony and continue to use dollars until the system collapses and we go into civil war again and split into 3 countries.
Nigeria will split into like 10 or more countries if we choose to go our different ways. there's nothing like splitting into 3.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Paraman: 7:02am On Feb 06
merits:

It's safe die and very very secure that is where all this our politicians store their money either in naira or dollars EFCC can never trace your money or anyone.moreso you can also use BINANCE account to buy Dollar keep the more dollar appreciate the more your money would also appreciate at every interval.
you don't know anything bro
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Blankstare(m): 8:49am On Feb 06
Paraman:
you don't know anything bro

Pls tell me more about binance, I want to start trading there. I have like 500k to start with
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Warns Against Hoarding Of Dollars by Emedu(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26
This is now clear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Crashes To N400/$1 At Parallel Market, Lowest Rate Ever / Lagos Declares November 10 Black Friday / How To Start Egg Distribution/supply Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.