Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,284 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History (37837 Views)

Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) / Paralympics Tokyo2020: Nigeria Signs Out With 2 More Medals (10 Medals In Total) / Tokyo Paralympics 2020: Nigeria Gets Two More Medals In Powerlifting Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Goodnewsforlife: 10:16pm On Feb 05
G00dharddick:

Why is it that anyone who criticize Tinubu is tagged an Igbo? Like I don't understand. Is Igbo the only tribe in Nigeria?

Is SS a joke to you or what? Oga I'm from Edo State, South South and we say no to Tinubu presidency. I am sure you have never of Edo state before! Besides na Ur people dey shout ebi pawa ooooo since for Lagos and osun. And also it's the north that are protesting but you have tagged others as Igbos
oga u are igbo

I know u here no b today

Wetin I no understand na how u igbos dey quick deny your forefathers

So suddenly u no b igbo again, u are now edo?

May I not deny my tribe in Jesus name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Burruchaga71(m): 10:20pm On Feb 05
Marvieduke:
Sincerely we really need to win this AFCON to meet up with Ghana.... Egypt naa senior men them be for AFCON....
NEVER in this Druggie's regime.
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Sangoamadioha1: 10:22pm On Feb 05
NICOGRAVITY:
Egypt should be number one on the list, they have lifted the cup 7 times.

The title says teams with the HIGHEST MEDALS🙄

1 Like

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by osuulola(m): 10:24pm On Feb 05
Cameroon won Nigeria in 3 finals. Out of 4 we lost, 3 is to Cameroon. We'd most likely win the final if it's not Cameroon.
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by mightyhaze: 10:28pm On Feb 05
When exactly did they start putting nets on goal posts?
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by blowjohn(m): 10:33pm On Feb 05
Super eagles shud not play they next game in until all kidnapped victims are rescued
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Panda7(m): 10:33pm On Feb 05
Reason we cannot win the afcon back to back yet is because we need to "think".
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Cmanforall: 10:49pm On Feb 05

1 Like

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by windvane(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05
Sangoamadioha1:

The title says teams with the HIGHEST MEDALS🙄
medals will always start with Gold,id you like have 10 silver,someone with one gold is ahead of you .Don't you watch olympic medals table?

2 Likes

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by IgOga(m): 11:01pm On Feb 05
You must always count the number of gold first. So Egypt should be no 1
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by leathalbeast: 11:11pm On Feb 05
Marvieduke:
Sincerely we really need to win this AFCON to meet up with Ghana.... Egypt naa senior men them be for AFCON....
it won't ever happen.
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by donmik: 11:19pm On Feb 05
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by femi4: 11:19pm On Feb 05
Racoon:

#ATM https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02u9mJMd9QTmz4Nwqef9XY9VivT9pZMjVhgNvNgLNXrpTWwmDVKfVcbNNeKiqZywV3l&id=545422658&post_id=545422658_pfbid02u9mJMd9QTmz4Nwqef9XY9VivT9pZMjVhgNvNgLNXrpTWwmDVKfVcbNNeKiqZywV3l&mibextid=Nif5oz
It would have been more if not for Abacha.

We didn't maximise the potential of 94 set. They missed 2 afcons due to politics and returned to the final in 2000

4 Likes

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by femi4: 11:20pm On Feb 05
donmik:

Egypt and Cameroun first o
medals not trophy.

Na so una dey fail exam for school
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by femi4: 11:24pm On Feb 05
Marvieduke:
It's long overdue, we should be winning it at least once every 10yrs.

2013 +10 = 2023

We are due for another one grin

1 Like

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by spy24(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05
Nigeria is the Germany of African football
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by tctrills: 11:30pm On Feb 05
Goodnewsforlife:
u igbos are just pained u lost
Every Nigerian buying a crate of egg for 4k lost. Every Nigerian finding it hard to survive lost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by mipeesoft(m): 11:36pm On Feb 05
[Walahi you are very correct.. ;Dquote author=kestolove95 post=128303506]Lookman is better than tinubu[/quote]
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by mipeesoft(m): 11:36pm On Feb 05
Walahi you are very correct.. grin
kestolove95:
Lookman is better than tinubu

1 Like

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by kalvoken(m): 11:52pm On Feb 05
kestolove95:
Lookman is better than tinubu

Guy why you dey talk rubbish about lookman na.

Uzoho/Agbim in the goal post is bettet than tulumbu in asorock, sorry i mean tulumbu in france.

1 Like

Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by LajaLaba: 12:34am On Feb 06
G00dharddick:
People in SW are dying of hunger!

A crate of egg is now 4k!

The protest has already begun. It should be limited to the north and south west only. Other regions Must not Join the protest to avoid them tagging anyone hater of Nigeria and Yorubas or that obi sponsored the protest.
IPOB billionaire undecided
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by pacespot(m): 12:40am On Feb 06
Egypt came first with more golds than any other nation in AFCON tournament with 7 golds, followed by Cameroun with 5 golds, Ghana with 4 golds, Nigeria with 3 golds. But when you combine all the medals gold, silver, and bronze, that is when Nigeria comes first with 15.
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by godwon01(m): 12:42am On Feb 06
Nigeria is a dominant force in Africa soccer. Winning 15 medals in AFCON competition is not a fluke. See how the Guinean team were jubilating because they had passed beyond round of sixteen.
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by seunayantokun(m): 1:23am On Feb 06
For those in love with the enemy called AVERAGE, Nigeria is No 1; but for those who don't settle for quantity at the expense of quality, Nigeria is No 4.
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Oboto700(m): 3:12am On Feb 06
GanagiBitrus:
By Sunday it shall be Gold=4, Silver=4, Bronze=8 ✌️

BTW, Our best squad so far...
Jay Jay is not in the squad,, y?
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Oboto700(m): 3:14am On Feb 06
Hezzyluv:
Op, it's the gold that matters. So,

1) Egypt
2) Cameroon
3) Ghana
4) Nigeria
remove Ghana there.. until u provide photographs of them winning it..🤣
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Oboto700(m): 3:14am On Feb 06
Tingotoe:
This year is another bronze year for una grin
mumu Ghana person
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by Oboto700(m): 3:16am On Feb 06
osuulola:
Cameroon won Nigeria in 3 finals. Out of 4 we lost, 3 is to Cameroon. We'd most likely win the final if it's not Cameroon.
we for Don far with gold.. if not Cameroon chai
Re: African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History by geoworldedu: 4:36am On Feb 06
englishmart:
Once I equal Ghana's record, I'm made for life. I don't mind if this Afcon 2023 marks our last Afcon appearance. I'm not scared of Ghana making it 5, they won't till the world ends.
Winning this tournament automatically lifts us above Ghana because of our bountiful silver and bronze medals which Ghana can never acquire in a lifetime. Shows that Nigeria is the most consistent African team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obafemi Martinz Becomes ‘militant’ In New Photo / Ronaldinho At The FIFA Football Awards, Fans React (PHOTO) / Meet the five women referees who will be at the AFCON 2023 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.