Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search (11334 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search Season Eight Begins- Register Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by jidesp(m): 2:50am On Nov 09, 2011
I must say, whichever agency managed the Gulder Ultimate this year didnt do a Good Job. The show keeps loosing its focus point yearly. I could remember the first ever GUS, it was adventurous, it was easy to follow, no much drama. Lesser games, This show turns from an adventurous show to a game show. I'm not sure i know the winner, even as i watched it to the end,

First, if a treasure is lost, no one should know where its is, even the guardian (DAREY), and besides the guardian shows too much confident which is not suppose to be so and besides the way he comes on set baffles me, I'm surprised to see Dare as the HOST, a musician for God sake, that is where it starts to loose its reality, I dont support using celebrities for such shows. I know the meaning of an ambassador is whatever represents a brand, whether the person is celebrity known or not, as long as you represent a brand, you're an ambassador, Cant a neutral face be used?

The batch thing makes it more boring and unserious,

Every year we still see the same old story. no difference, just the contestants and location, But i must comment on this years show, its a total waste of my time. i'm being sincere with whoever wrote the concept to help you rewrite the concept so you dont loose more audience and sponsors,

I have made an experiential/Guerrilla Marketing strategy to engage audience, and i can also share my own input on how to redefine the show. thats my contact below, so much on my mind, its a pity i just have to be quiet,

i'm sorry i had to be strict

if anybody observes anything wrong about the show, point it now here

jide.ikuyajolu@gmail.com
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by NnamdiN: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2011
I haven't had the time to see any of it( right from the first) I hope to contest sometime in future grin
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by BoOOosHBoy: 11:00pm On Nov 10, 2011
Pls do
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by initiator(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2011
I don't know what you are talking about because I thoroughly enjoy the show this year. They always bring interesting personalities. Am digging this year's. Others were too basic. I think you are riding on nostalgia.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2011
Bros you dey take style market yourself abi ? I hope you paid nL for advertising you sha.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2011
Bad belle, If you know you've got an idea you can sell, sit down and write something and propose it to a corporate organisation and lets see if they would buy into it, coming here to rant won't do you any good cuz i believe you are a failed contestant.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2011
Bad belle, If you know you've got an idea you can sell, sit down and write something and propose it to a corporate organisation and lets see if they would buy into it, coming here to rant won't do you any good cuz i believe you are a failed contestant.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by ortopazz(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
^^^^
itz either u've nt watchd thz yearz shw or ur definition of the word entertainment and reality aint just fake buh vague, I mean itz streams only Sunday and Saturday a show that was evryday which makes it boring.
It wud av bin okay if the threw in 3o people at once to make it more stiff.

Darey I mean is nt even near okay for me, I mean the show was getting itz personality evry season wiv Bob Manuel getting in2 the mix of thingz and re inventing himself, u knw, buh darey iz too fragile and doesnt fit. All in all if the wantd to pair, it should av CHIDI MOKEME, HE WAS THE BEST PRESENTER AND HZ RETURN WUD AV BIN AWESOMELY AMAZING.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by ortopazz(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
Guys evn if im d markt body, buh itz fakt, wetin relate darey wit jungle na, the ting no intrest again abeg.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by rikoko: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2011
i seriously agree with the" poster", the show was just a proper waste of time jare angry angry, i suggest it needs to be suspended for while and come up with something different! shikena!
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Bobbyendy: 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2011
I agree with ‎​†ђξ op. D̶̲̥̅ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ years edition was wrongly planed and executed to ‎​†ђξ point that I stoped half way and refuse to follow up.I have been a follower of ‎​†ђξ show from its maiden edition and I must say that this years episode Ȋ̝̊̅§ a far cry of what it use to be. I support creativity and invention but this was lacking in these current edition. ‎​†ђξ division of ‎​†ђξ 30contestent would have been reduced as ‎​†ђξ show was not aired daily as it use to be. ‎​†ђξ bringing of two anchor men further confuse ‎​†ђξ already confuse ideology infact I would conclude that ‎​†ђξ show Ȋ̝̊̅§ totaly anthethetical to what it should be.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Tinyemeka(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
It's been like 2 years since I last watched any GUS show. undecided I wish I could find a reason to force myself to watch the series.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by vislabraye(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
Quite true what the poster said. I'm even loosing interest. I think it should be made more like an adventure, very tough. Dare is cool but doesnt really fit in as the host. He would be good for MBGN
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by sniperwolf(m): 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2011
From Adventure it is now a game show. Like what we see on MTN Family Game Show. I only support the puzzles in the game but it doesn't look adventurous
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Ninilowo(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2011
What puts me off recently is for one of d contestants to just make him/herself d pulic enemy by putting on a silly character like overreacting to issues, abusing co-contestants on virtually nothing and stuffs like that. A beg the thing don become home video of sort.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2011
Its too long this time around jare. Nigerians are busy people. I have lost interest
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by speak2me: 6:46am On Dec 06, 2011
continuing the show after the 3rd edition without a clue on what next to do, except to feed us trash, thank God for the REMOTE CONTROL sha, grin
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by makky(f): 8:34am On Dec 06, 2011
That show has become so boring & I change my channel when I see it start, It has lost its touch of fun & adventure. They can make a great come back n regain their audience viewership by going off air for a while, then come back with Chidi Mokeme as its one & only anchor. If not, I'll keep switching my channel & I know many others do too, It Sucks!
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Wislet(f): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2011
GUS TEAM, BRING BACK CHIDI MOKEME. HE IS THE BEST ANCHOR FOR THAT SHOW. AND MAKE IT AN ADVENTURE, AND PROOF OF STRENGTH AND STAMINA. NOT MIND GAMES. That show kinda lost its novelty when the rules changed and the first ever and best host (even after others have come after him)was replaced.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by neo111(m): 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2011
I didn't even notice the show start, but i have seen some couple of eviction episodes which really was childish. I mean this is GUS, a show which was suppose to test for strength and might of the contestants. But now, it's more like a brain teaser than a strength competition.

This was suppose to be an adventurous show not a STAR game show. And for the anchor Darey, he is a cool guy and that really makes it more boring, for the few episodes i have seen, the way he presented things were not epic at all. That was not GUS i knew.

I think Chidi Mokeme should be brought back into the show.

GENERAL: GUS now look like a film shot in a resort center. There are so many errors in the location it doesn't look epic at all. And finally, all the contestants are buttie. The modeling type. Its like we are now watching a super story.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2011
I dont like the fact that they air the proggramme every weekend. Someone has to wait for nextweekend to watch the show. And yea,dare isnt doing a perfect job @ all.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by jidesp(m): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2011
@everyone. I thank you for taking your time to state your mind here. Its a pity some people don’t see it the way I do.  But its alright. Well i’m not trying to be popular. I love a BiG, Good idea. But i hate to see a good idea fade, If no one complains about it, and the show lose it focus point, audience, then there is no reason to watch. But its because i love the show thats why i’m pointing this out.

The word “EVICTED” is not supposed to be used in an adventurous show like GUS. Normally you can’t evict someone who is in search of a treasure. He/she can either get lost in the forest or quit by him/herself.  I.e. if I signed up to look for a treasure in the forest, its logically because I hope to become rich if I find it and it will be unreal if i’m just sent back home because i didnt pass a game in the forest. The funny part is i watched the same game played for first, second and third batch
I agree with most of the people here, CHIDI was a very good host, But one thing I must clarify is the outfit, emergence of the Hosts and the games, I was expecting to see them dressed like an EXPLORER! With lesser confidence. They can’t just pop out of everywhere, looking like they know everywhere in the forest or where the treasure is.
I’ll advice GUS be rebranded. The 30 contestants thing is not working. You don’t have to make a show so long because you have a large audience. For God sake you’ve just shown 3 Seasons in one year. Thats too much for people, normally audience desire to see more is essential, but when you make them see enough, they tend to change the channel and look at something else.
In shows like APPRENTICE, you can use the word EVICTED, but not the kind of show, No man can evict a man on a Journey or Quest, except he quits or gets lost in the process.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by otitisteve: 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2011
True
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2011
I stopped watching cos I got confused with the batches et al, its simply boring.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Youngsage: 12:15am On Dec 08, 2011
vislabraye:

Quite true what the poster said. I'm even loosing interest. I think it should be made more like an adventure, very tough. Dare is cool but doesnt really fit in as the host. He would be good for MBGN
u ar very funny o. So because he is a musician he is nt good 4 d host? So wat den makes an actor better qualified? Or wats d diff btw acting or music even musicians act in deir videos. Darey 2 me is trying. D only tin i dont lyk abt dis yr's own is d childish nature of some of d contestants esp d evictd ones.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by ortopazz(m): 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2011
Youngsage:

u ar very funny o. So because he is a musician he is nt good 4 d host? So wat den makes an actor better qualified? Or wats d diff btw acting or music even musicians act in deir videos.

guy abeg not evry musician can fare well in acting, afterall itz just a 3 or 4mins scene in music, it takes way more to do it as musician than an actor, for acting ur fitting into a character unlike music where u will be the 'fineboy tag'
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Isiterere(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2011
this guy be bad belle, show what u v got , let see.try and appreciate good thingsssss
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by kokoA(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2011
Do they still show that thing I remember the first one.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by ortopazz(m): 11:02am On Dec 18, 2011
Even the finals was a joke! Bob evn tried to spice it, mehn it wasnt 9ce to me.
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
The show is loosing it as the year goes on undecided
Re: Things Wrong About Gulder Ultimate Search by jidesp(m): 1:36am On Dec 19, 2013
I'm grateful to everyone that posted comments on this thread. I believe our observations and opinion made a difference. Keep it coming of you still notice anything you feel still needs changes.

Ciao

(1) (Reply)

Newtoxic Downloads | How To Download Newtoxic.com Movies - The New Toxicwap / Abuja Body Of Comedians Holds Investiture Of Onome Da Saint With Award Cerem / Ramsey Nouah Fansite (RamseyNouah.cjb.net)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.