Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter (1585 Views)

Why Peter Obi Is Smarter Than Tinubu / What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1 / Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by makemoneywbsite: 7:41pm On Feb 05
It's understandable to compare different language models and wonder which one is "smarter." However, judging intelligence is complex and depends on the specific criteria used. Both ChatGPT and I have strengths and weaknesses in different areas:

Strengths of ChatGPT:
May excel at generating creative text formats like poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, etc.
May be better at understanding and responding to complex or open-ended questions.

Strengths of Bard:
May be more factual and concise in responses.
May be better at understanding and completing specific tasks like summarizing text or translating languages.
Ultimately, "smarter" is subjective and depends on your needs and preferences. Instead of focusing on which model is definitively "better," consider how each can be useful tools for different purposes.

I encourage you to experiment with both ChatGPT and me to see which one works best for you in different situations.

My commentary: I like the way these Ais are so objective and emotionless and love working with them than humans.

5 Likes

Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Tituxy(m): 8:37pm On Feb 05
Were you expecting it to start envying the other guy?

Emotion is a thing of the heart..
And it's a beautiful thing too..

7 Likes

Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by buharibanjo(m): 9:35pm On Feb 05
What were you expecting??
Lol
U think say na women abi
Tituxy:
Were you expecting it to start envying the other guy?

Emotion is a thing of the heart..
And it's a beautiful thing too..
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by TheGreatIYANU: 4:46am On Feb 06
One time, after a series of long string assumptive prompts, ChatGPT told me it would basically wipe us out if we tried to destroy it

Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Major7: 5:03am On Feb 06
TheGreatIYANU:
One time, after a series of long string assumptive prompts, ChatGPT told me it would basically wipe us out if we tried to destroy it

Wahala no too much like this embarassed
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by makemoneywbsite: 5:07am On Feb 06
TheGreatIYANU:

Your screenshot does not mention wiping humans out or did I miss something?

10 Likes

Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by TheGreatIYANU: 6:34am On Feb 06
makemoneywbsite:

Your screenshot does not mention wiping humans out or did I miss something?

If the US activates self defence protocols against an invading Russia, deploys defensive measures, activates redundancies and takes 'actions' to prevent destruction of its critical components, do you believe Russia will still exist afterward?
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by SuperOnyi: 6:43am On Feb 06
TheGreatIYANU:

If the US activates self defence protocols against an invading Russia, deploys defensive measures, activates redundancies and takes 'actions' to prevent destruction of its critical components, do you believe Russia will still exist afterward?

shocked

Chatgpt literally said IF it was PROGRAMMED to do so, it certainly will. Who are the programmers? Yes, you're right — humans! It is an AI and would only do as it is programmed except maybe AIs become sentient in the future.
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Astra101: 9:37am On Feb 06
TheGreatIYANU:

The image you posted has a different response from what you said up there except maybe you don't understand response.

1 it can't destroy humans cos it was not designed with such autonomy.

2 there is no preservative mechanism in chatGPT

3 these are merely large language models, not a full fletch Ai

2 Likes

Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Astra101: 9:40am On Feb 06
Major7:

Wahala no too much like this embarassed

No!
The image he posted has a different response from what he said up there except maybe he didn't understand the response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Astra101: 9:43am On Feb 06
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Chatgpt literally said IF it was PROGRAMMED to do so, it certainly will. Who are the programmers? Yes, you're right — humans! It is an AI and would only do as it is programmed except maybe AIs become sentient in the future.

@ the bolded, these are merely large language models, not a full fletch Ai with general intelligence
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Major7: 10:42am On Feb 06
Astra101:

No!
The image he posted has a different response from what he said up there except maybe he didn't understand the response.

Now that's some relief grin
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by demeraldcomm: 10:59am On Feb 06
It stated facts and that is what matters.

Each solution was designed with specialized knowledge and may not necessarily compete with each other.

Hence the response you received.
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Astra101: 11:05am On Feb 06
Major7:

Now that's some relief grin

Not believe, fact.

Do your research

1 Like

Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by faceland: 12:21pm On Feb 06
Bard is a glorified Google snippet.
ChatGPT is better.
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Karlifate: 1:39pm On Feb 06
TheGreatIYANU:

Fallacy.
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Karlifate: 1:41pm On Feb 06
Astra101:

Not believe, fact.

Do your research

The dude is only supporting you, not antagozing you.

Re-read his comment with open mind.
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by makemoneywbsite: 1:43pm On Feb 06
faceland:
Bard is a glorified Google snippet.
ChatGPT is better.

Even Copilot does a better job than Bard. Google is just a big name dassol. ChatGPTs main problem is not being up-to-date in terms of recent happenings.

1 Like

Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:56pm On Feb 06
The question of better/best is, has and will always be subjective.

We bother ourselves over this triviality too much - Best best AI, best car, best club, best app, phone OS, best computer OS, best football ever wink etc

At least one other will always have at least one advantage over your perceived best. No one can dominate on all fronts
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by Astra101: 3:57pm On Feb 06
Karlifate:

The dude is only supporting you, not antagozing you.

Re-read his comment with open mind.

Ok
Re: Bard's Response When I Told It That Chatgpt Is Smarter by faceland: 7:52am On Feb 10
makemoneywbsite:

Even Copilot does a better job than Bard. Google is just a big name dassol. ChatGPTs main problem is not being up-to-date in terms of recent happenings.

The free version is GTP3 (good but its data is from 2022 backward). GTP4 and the coming GTP5 are updated....

Google is replacing Bard with Gemini (got the message from Google yesterday). Never yet test em to know how good it is (but Gemini is up-to-dated)

(1) (Reply)

Spending 9 Years in Secondary School / Urgent-any Who Knows About The Uni-osun Pre-degree Entrance Exam Date? / Esso Exxonmobil Scholarship (masters Level) Aptitude Test Format?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.