Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says (259 Views)

I Was Diagnosed With ‘Aggressive’ Breast Cancer– Diezani Denies Being On The Run / President Buhari Meets With King Charles III At The Buckingham Palace, UK (pics) / Flooding: King Charles III Condoles With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by kingsoncj: 8:52pm On Feb 05
The type of cancer has not been revealed - it is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.

The King began "regular treatments" on Monday and will postpone public duties during the treatment, the Palace said.

The King, 75, "remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible," it added.

No further details are being shared on the stage of cancer or a prognosis.

The King informed both his sons personally about his diagnosis and the Prince of Wales was said to be in regular contact with his father.

The Duke of Sussex, Prince Harry, who lives in the United States, spoke to his father and will be travelling to the UK to see him in the coming days.

The King returned to London from Sandringham in Norfolk on Monday morning and the palace says he has commenced treatment as an outpatient.

Although he will pause his public events, the King will continue with his constitutional role as head of state, including paperwork and private meetings.

There is a constitutional mechanism for when the head of state is unable to carry out official duties - in that circumstance "counsellors of state" can be appointed to stand in for the monarch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157.amp

Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by kingsoncj: 8:52pm On Feb 05
Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by yinkus6750(m): 8:53pm On Feb 05
So sad and very unfortunate.
Anything cancer is terminal.
No matter the type
Just a matter of time.
Only that he will receive the best treatment ever.
Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by ChristCee: 8:57pm On Feb 05
yinkus6750:
So sad and very unfortunate.
Anything cancer is terminal.
No matter the type
Just a matter of time.
Only that he will receive the best treatment ever.
As a medical student. I want to advice you to stop talking about health issues you have zero knowledge of.
Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by G00dharddick: 9:09pm On Feb 05
If money could save life, this king will live forever!

Meanwhile who else noticed theifnuubu top supporters do not comment anymore on nairaland? Some of them have even deactivated their NL accounts! The protest has already begun. I am surprised they have tagged the protest as Igbo or obi sponsored protest. Idiots everywhere!

Let the protest be limited to only north and SW
Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by Waterfullbelle: 9:13pm On Feb 05
I wish him quick rcovery.
Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by GeeMeshin1(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05
...vanity
Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by iamtardey: 9:36pm On Feb 05
I see vanity 👀 cheesy grin
Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by Ibaaboy(m): 9:46pm On Feb 05
Old age is a disease
Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by VeryWickedMan: 10:12pm On Feb 05
I knew Williams was desperate for power but I never expected him to take out his own father.

Re: King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer, Buckingham Palace Says by OneCandleAway(f): 10:16pm On Feb 05
VeryWickedMan:
I knew Williams was desperate for power but I never expected him to take out his own father.

You're wicked lol.

Check out nostrafemus prophecy. It says someone least expected will rule . Either as recent of king no one knows but it points at Harry

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Not The Messiah Of Nigeria From God. He Hijack His Way / Federal Gov’t Shuts Popular Abuja Supermarket Over Hike In Prices / How Else Do You Know A Fake Man Of God ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.