Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. (3059 Views)

If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (2) (3) (4)

How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 2:39pm On Feb 06
The name is Brasso. I used to see this in my dads stash as a little child. I hardly see it around these days. My dad used it those days to shine his metal insignia and iron head belt.

Do men still use this? What do they use it for in this generation apart from what our fathers used it for?.
Below is what the insignia looks like. They have the bars and stars but These days I noticed Nigerian force/officers insignia is no longer metal but fabric material.

The first pics with rusted neck is the type I met in my dads stash but the second one looks modernized. The old one was never a light blue as seen in the second pics. The old version usually comes with a gold neck ( where the rust is) when its newly bought and not silver like the second pics

Who else can relate?

nlfpmod.

Let see how many men still use this.

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by illicit(m): 2:43pm On Feb 06
Welcome back Jewess
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 2:45pm On Feb 06
illicit:
Maybe my father knew it

He was ex Millitary

RIP sir

Welcome back Jewess

So you didn't see him use it?

I saw my dad use his in the 80s/ 90s. The thing smelt like chemical and is milkish in color.
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by illicit(m): 2:48pm On Feb 06
Jewessgratitud3:

So you didn't see him use it?

I saw my dad use his in the 80s/ 90s. The thing smelt like chemical and is milkish in color.

I remember seeing him grooming, his uniforms, medals, gas masks etc

Lotta things

😞
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by thesicilian: 2:52pm On Feb 06
It's clearly written there that it's a metal polish.
I used a different type back then in 81 for my shoe buckles and portmanteau

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by ZekeYeager: 3:01pm On Feb 06
I'm sure this is still on the market
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:02pm On Feb 06
thesicilian:
It's clearly written there that it's a metal polish.
I used a different type back then in 81 for my shoe buckles and portmanteau

Yes it's stated there but how many people know about it? Not many I'm sure.
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:03pm On Feb 06
ZekeYeager:
I'm sure this is still on the market

Market? Never came across it for once. I doubt
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by thesicilian: 3:10pm On Feb 06
Jewessgratitud3:

Yes it's stated there but how many people know about it? Not many I'm sure.

Yeah
They don't make it anymore
Probably the company failed to adapt to the changing times and went out of business.

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:17pm On Feb 06
thesicilian:

Yeah
They don't make it anymore
Probably the company failed to adapt to the changing times and went out of business.

Hmmm... I guess that was why the Nigerian force changed their insignia to fabric. If those metals become dull, you won't like it at all. My was always shining his insignia every day I think 🤔.

Naija knows how to kill business.
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by muyico(m): 4:58pm On Feb 06
Military children will understand better

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 5:01pm On Feb 06
muyico:
Military children will understand better

Yeah
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by jmoore(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06
Ain't indomie generation and I don't know about it.
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 6:06pm On Feb 06
jmoore:
Ain't indomie generation and I don't know about it.

Yeah it's possible. Was also going to add that even some old school may not know it because they were not exposed to such things growing up.
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Day169: 7:41pm On Feb 06
Wow!
.. Brasso!!
Mum had it. Used it to polish brass ornaments cheesy
Good memories @Jewessgratirud3. 👍🏿

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by CHRISTFUCKER: 8:01pm On Feb 06
Boomers forking kikes
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 8:38pm On Feb 06
Day169:
Wow!
.. Brasso!!
Mum had it. Used it to polish brass ornaments cheesy
Good memories @Jewessgratirud3. 👍🏿

It's my pleasure 😊.

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by CareerBegger: 9:14pm On Feb 06
Jewessgratitud3:

It's my pleasure 😊.
Aunty you don come back.
Thanks for dealing with that local madam.
The lady with the iron body grin

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Ziika: 10:20pm On Feb 06
CareerBegger:

Aunty you don come back.
Borrow the old 46yrs old mama your sister uterus.
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Zanzibar1: 10:31pm On Feb 06
Ziika:

Age is just a number. It's here in Africa that people meddle in people's supposed age

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 10:39pm On Feb 06
Ziika:

46yrs single delusional old mama.

I see your ban is indefinite and you can't bear it any longer hence opening a new moniker to pour out your frustrations. Be my guest.

You'll soon get an indefinite ban on this one. Hahahahahaaaa 😂😂😂

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 10:40pm On Feb 06
CareerBegger:

Aunty you don come back.

smiley wink.
My pleasure any time.

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by brain54(m): 6:03pm On Feb 07
Ziika:

Zik of Africa...
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by jaszplus12(m): 12:02pm On Feb 08
Jewessgratitud3:
The name is Brasso. I used to see this in my dads stash as a little child. I hardly see it around these days. My dad used it those days to shine his metal insignia and iron head belt.

Do men still use this? What do they use it for in this generation apart from what our fathers used it for?.
Below is what the insignia looks like. They have the bars and stars but These days I noticed Nigerian force/officers insignia is no longer metal but fabric material.

The first one pics with rusted neck is the type I met in my dads stash but the second one looks modernized. The old one was never a light blue as seen in the second pics. The old version usually comes with a gold neck ( where the rust is) when its newly bought and not silver like the second pics

Who else can relate?

nlfpmod.

Let see how many men still use this.
Back in the days as mass servers we used it to polish all the chalice and other stuff used for mass!

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 2:06pm On Feb 08
jaszplus12:

Back in the days as mass servers we used it to polish all the chalice and other stuff used for mass!

Wow really??..
So what are they using now?
Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by jaszplus12(m): 2:15pm On Feb 08
Jewessgratitud3:

Wow really??..
So what are they using now?
Sincerely I can't tell....not been there for a long long time now...

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by Jewessgratitud3: 2:39pm On Feb 08
jaszplus12:

Sincerely I can't tell....not been there for a long long time now...

Oh.. I see.

Re: How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. by CareerBegger: 8:17am On Mar 02
Ziika:

why

The Financially Virtuous Woman. / First Time Mum Needs Help On Baby Items / Happy Birthday To Special Treasure- Dyt!