Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation (2108 Views)

How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2023
As I was reminiscing on all that happened in the past, those days I worked in corporate organizations and offices i suddenly realized some of the things we used back then are no longer seen in our office environments today. Many have been scrapped out with the rise of new and latest technology gadgets

Pics1. Fax machine was one of the oldest form of telecommunication device used for sending text and recorded messages that can be printed out. It's also a copier.

Pics 2. Pager. Messages are sent and received on this small device on the go! Was owned by big boys those days in multinational companies. Back in the day when I was working in multichoice, My boss had it and it was our means of communication. I once talked about this device and many didn't seem to know about it.
If you have a pager number, you can page a fellow pager owner just like text messaging but if you don't own a pager there are ways you can send messages to a pager. Just call the pager office and give them his pager number and the message you want to send to him and he'll be paged. Ah.. memory lane.

Pics 3. Scanner. This particular type was very common those days. You will scan something and be looking for it only to find a thumbnail size pic hanging up there. The thing can vex me when ever I'm working with this scanner and I'll be asking if it can't be bigger than that.

Pics 4. This bad computer camcorder commonly used at cyber cafe those days. Those Indian men will be showing you something you'll think they are showing you something sensible because it not very clear until you now see Wonders. Na so we go shout for cafe lol...

My boss had one on his PC. Didn't get me one on my own computer. So anytime he allow me to use his PC, I'll be viewing cam. His own was very clear.

Pics 5. Its called telecom something. Can remember. It can only be used when fully charged and it was very portable and more convenient to carry about compared to land phones that were bulky with cord. Sometimes I take it to the toilet to make secret calls. That's why they call it gossip mobile phone.

Add any office device you no longer see in offices today.

Phew!

3 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jmedi: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
You should've looked for another decent topic instead of making it look like a war front.

I understand the impact our environment has made in our minds unknowingly.

Someone in Uk or other developed country made the same post without sounding like we are all in a war front brother.

Not all prisoners are behind bars

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Kevinjap: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
Never use any of these but I know them base on movies
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
Jmedi:
You should've looked for another decent topic

The first title I used was just a joke. Una too dey take things serious. Though I already changed it before I saw this your comment because I was already perceived it in my spirit that people are going to misinterpret or get it twisted and with this your reaction and the people liking your comment I was right after all. Smh.. make Una dey calm down abeg.

Pics 5.
Its called telecom something. Can remember. It can only be used when fully charged and it was very portable and more convenient to carry about compared to land phones that were bulky with cord. Sometimes I take it to the toilet to make secret calls. That's why they call it gossip mobile phone.

Add any office device you no longer see in offices today.

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
Kevinjap:
Never use any of these but I know them base on movies

Ah... When did you start working in an office environment? Una miss o grin
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by jamesversion: 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
Op, you see the date on the pager? half of the noise makers on NL were not born.

Infact as at 04/02/2003, me dey write WAEC for FGC. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2023
jamesversion:
Op, you see the date on the pager? half of the noise makers on NL were not born.

LoL... I first saw it with my boss in the year 2000. I finished secondary in 1999 and started working the following year while waiting for my waec results.

You're right about them o. See how many of them will avoid this post. LoL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
nlfpmod let's see how many people know these devices.
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by NFBI: 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
Old memories

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by jmoore(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
Your post is not for Nigeria. Majority of offices in Nigeria never used any of those devices at any point in their existence.

4 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Dogalmighty17: 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
Scanners are still very much in use. You do know graphic designers use them right? It may not be something that they used often but every once in a while, a job comes up that necessitates using a scanner.
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Scanners are still very much in use. You do know graphic designers use them right? It may not be something that they used often but every once in a while, a job comes up that necessitates using a scanner.

I'm not talking about business centers. Im talking about posh corporate office settings. You'll hardly see a scanner unlike in the part where the secretarys table must have one.
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
jmoore:
Your post is not for Nigeria. Majority of offices in Nigeria never used any of those devices at any point in their existence.

Enh! You say? ... Hm.. most Nigerian offices i worked in the early y2k had these devices and me I used them Wella.

Which kind office you think say I dey talk? I'm not talking about those NIPOST or NEPA office or Ekeledirichukwu motor park office o. Offices in high brow areas back then.

3 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Beremx(f): 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2023
Indomie generation is conversant with all you mentioned except for pager which I don't think existed in Nigeria and fax machine.
I stand to be corrected
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
Beremx:
Indomie generation is conversant with all you mentioned except for pager which I don't think existed in Nigeria and fax machine.
I stand to be corrected

Pager and fax machines existed in Nigeria and people used it well up to mid 2000s. It was the emergence of mobile phones that faced out most of these devices. Me I used and saw them though.

2 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:50am On Dec 13, 2023
jamesversion:

See who's shouting grin

Some of us here were already in the University at that date you were writing WAEC

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by WorWorBoy: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2023
Some of us are born in the 90s, how do you expect us to used these things at the office?πŸ€” When as of 2009, most of these things are no longer available. Some of us are still in high school,or are gaining admission into high school,🀷 What's your definition of indomie generation?🚢🚢

2 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2023
WorWorBoy:
Some of us are born in the 90s, how do you expect us to used these things at the office?πŸ€” When as of 2009, most of theses things are no longer available. Some of us are still in high school,or are gaining admission into high school,🀷 What's your definition of indomie generation?🚢🚢

We are saying the same thing now because it's those 90s born that are the real Indomie Generation. Indomie came out in the 90s. That's when our last born was born. Me don dey primary 3 by then.

Though I was exposed to the corporate world very early in life as I started working in those companies with the help of my dad cos my dad also did a white colar job and had so many connections he used in fixing me in some of the places I worked. I got some myself after me too don dey experienced. That's why I was able to meet and still work with these things before they faced them out.
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2023
Small small children here.i used this when I was on my master program back in 1997.Omo boy don old o. shocked
ChybuzzDD:

See who's shouting grin

Some of us here were already in the University at that date you were writing WAEC

2 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 9:18am On Dec 13, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Small small children here.i used this when I was on my master program back in 1997.Omo boy don old o. shocked

Master Sircheesy you be egbon o... Yay!!! I don see person wey senior me... LoL...

1 Like

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by princemillla(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2023
Pager

Scanner

Typewriters

Heavy dell monitor with seat alone Webcam.

Linksys cyber Cafe run me dry that year at lawanson. grin.
Year 2000/2001/2

Omo nawa ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
But how old are you?
Jewessgratitud3:

Master Sircheesy you be egbon o... Yay!!! I don see person wey senior me... LoL...
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by wunmi590(m): 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2023

I used all, the only thing I feel I didn't get used to is the pager...

I once worked in a cyber cafe, so I get used to all these things except the pager

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by CJStarz: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Enh! You say? ... Hm.. most Nigerian offices i worked in the early y2k had these devices and me I used them Wella.

Which kind office you think say I dey talk? I'm not talking about those NIPOST or NEPA office or Ekeledirichukwu motor park office o. Offices in high brow areas back then.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2023
princemillla:
Pager

Scanner

Typewriters

Heavy dell monitor with seat alone Webcam.

Linksys cyber Cafe run me dry that year at lawanson. grin.
Year 2000/2001/2

Omo nawa ooo

LoL..
I only got to use typewriter in my school when I was doing my secretarial course. by the time I graduated, omor na computer I jam for office and thank God I did my computer program after secondary school.

There was one old seke I used to go and make fun of because they gave her typewriter to work with in her office, the IBM electric type. So I would go and be making jest of her and she'll be laughing. She also had a desktop computer but uses the typewriter more because I think she was not computer literate then.

2 Likes

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
wunmi590:

I used all, the only thing I feel I didn't get used to is the pager...

I once worked in a cyber cafe, so I get used to all these things except the pager

Ok. Let that lady that said fax and mobile gossip was not used in Nigeria come and see.

That pager was owned majorly by big boys back then.
Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by wunmi590(m): 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Ok. Let that lady that said fax and mobile gossip was not used in Nigeria come and see.

That pager was owned majorly by big boys back then.

You are right, the pager was used by big boys then...

As for the mobile gossip, I first saw it beside our family house, there's one army general then that was living there, he used it well well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Didn't Use Any Of These In The Office You're From Th Indomie Generation by Jewessgratitud3: 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
wunmi590:

You are right, the pager was used by big boys then...

As for the mobile gossip, I first saw it beside our family house, there's one army general then that was living there, he used it well well

Oh.. ok.

(1) (Reply)

My Baby / #SAD :pregnant Woman And Her Three Kids Sleep By The Road (photos) / Few Hours Ago, I Interviewed 6 Pure Water Sellers, And According To Them:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.