Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,481 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy (8112 Views)

‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman / Olumide Akpata & Osayamon Ogbebor Pre-Wedding Photos / Sen. Shehu Sani ‏joined Labour To Protest Over 30,000 Minimum Wage,today (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZgYXnhrjRU

Mr Olumide Akpata, a Labour Party governorship aspirant in the upcoming Edo governorship election, on Tuesday said he joined the party to build it and not to destroy it.

Akpata made this known in Benin while debunking allegations that he sponsored a protest at the Labour party secretariat in Benin on Sunday, Feb. 4.

Akpata, also a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), noted that he had invested time and resources in building the party across Edo since he joined and would not want it destroyed by anyone or group of people.

He noted that he had no knowledge of the protest and did not sanction it in any way.

According to him, the baseless rumours and insinuations mischievously circulated are totally false.

“It has come to my attention that there was a protest on Sunday, Feb. 4, at the Labour Party State Secretariat in Benin, which allegedly turned violent.

“The baseless rumours and insinuations that have been mischievously circulated that the protesters were carrying out my bidding are totally false, unfounded and quite frankly ridiculous.

“I am a loyal and dedicated member of the labour party, who has invested significant time, energy, and resources towards building and strengthening the party across the state since I joined.

“It is, therefore, both laughable and utterly despicable that I would be linked to any kind of violent protest at the party secretariat,” Akpata said.

He said that the allegations and rumours emanated from certain quarters within the party that were opposed to his emergeance as the Labour Party gubernatorial flag bearer.

“In their desperation, they have resorted to underhanded tactics and smear campaigns to undermine my widespread credibility, acceptability, and support base within and outside the party.

“Amusingly, this is quite similar to an earlier campaign of calumny that sought to link me to acts of violence meted out against a former National Youth Leader of the party in Benin

“This is yet another ludicrous attempt to unjustly give a dog a bad name in order to hang it.

“These puerile allegations are the products of malicious minds that are aimed at tarnishing my hard-earned reputation and image.

“I once again reject all insinuations and rumours linking me or my supporters to this purported protest,” he said.

Akpata added that his campaign organisation, supporters and well-wishers did not also engage in, encourage, or sanction any kind of violence or unwholesome conduct.

“I remain focused and steadfast in pursuit of my gubernatorial aspirations in a lawful and peaceful manner, upholding the principles of tolerance and justice.” he said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/i-joined-labour-party-to-build-not-to-destroy-akpata/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Hhansome(m): 3:48pm On Feb 06
Let the best candidate win Edo, it shouldn't be about Lp, APC or Pdp.

This administration will favor me and my family.

4 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:32pm On Feb 06
Hhansome:
Let the best candidate win Edo, it shouldn't be about Lp, APC or Pdp.

This administration will favor me and my family.
amen oooo

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by chopnaira: 4:33pm On Feb 06
Edo people have rejected this guy because he has a Yoruba first name. They are voting PDP as a result 🤣

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by yarimo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 06
But OBI and abure are in labour party to make money grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:48pm On Feb 06
yarimo:
But OBI and abure are in labour party to make money grin grin
lols I thought they said LP has no money

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by kossyablaze(m): 5:19am On Feb 07
Wahala for olumide

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by EverythingPhone(m): 5:22am On Feb 07
Let the best candidate win

Contact me to track lost or stolen devices at an affordable fee A trial will convince you
Contact me via siggy below

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by NwaliE01: 5:23am On Feb 07
chopnaira:
Edo people have rejected this guy because he has a Yoruba first name. They are voting PDP as a result 🤣
What has yoruba name to do with his competency?

6 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by seunayantokun(m): 5:23am On Feb 07
Hmmm, Àpáta tó ní 'k' nínú. Akpata, kín ló fẹ́ kọ́?
Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Goodlady(f): 5:24am On Feb 07
chopnaira:
His name is full Yoruba. Olumide Apata (Akpata). His names meaning are Olumide (my lord has come) and Apata (rock).
He's Edo and Edos must vote him by fire by thunder cos Edo itself is Yoruba land extension.
Forget the initial gra-gra of Benin boys here!
Wishing Barr Olumide Akpata all the best in the Edo guber election.
Meanwhile, I v not seen or heard about Phillip Shuaibu recently.
Was he pursued by Obaseki's masquerades?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Omobude244: 5:30am On Feb 07
Goodlady:

His name is full Yoruba. Olumide Apata (Akpata). His names meaning are Olumide (my lord has come) and Apata (rock).
He's Edo and Edos must vote him by fire by thunder cos Edo itself is Yoruba land extension.
Forget the initial gra-gra of Benin boys here!
Wishing Barr Olumide Akpata all the best in the Edo guber election.
Meanwhile, I v not seen or heard about Phillip Shuaibu recently.
Was he pursued by Obaseki's masquerades?
stop smoking weed
Edo created present yoruba

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Nahunger(m): 5:32am On Feb 07
Connan the barbarian, happy building lol 😆

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Goodlady(f): 5:33am On Feb 07
Omobude244:

stop smoking weed
Edo created present yoruba
Stop sniffing latrine, Yorubas created Edo.
Go n look for ya lost prince where una keep am!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by DWJOBScom(m): 5:38am On Feb 07
I just want another party to have Edo state

Somehow I think Edo election will be a game changer

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 5:40am On Feb 07
chopnaira:
He will perform better. That is the problem with Nigerians, religion, tribe. That is all they see. Foolish and gullible people

4 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Rolings: 5:46am On Feb 07
Ajehkpako4naija:
He will perform better. That is the problem with Nigerians, religion, tribe. That is all they see. Foolish and gullible people

You don't know Olumide Apata.
Dude nearly destroyed NBA with his "innovation"
He will bury LP as Abure and Peter Obi has killed the party with their headless mob.

When all usurpers are gone by the end of this year after edo and ondo elections the real owners of the party will reclaim their party

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by jeff1993: 5:52am On Feb 07
Cc
Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Cromagnon: 6:06am On Feb 07
Rolings:

You don't know Olumide Apata.
Dude nearly destroyed NBA with his "innovation"
He will bury LP as Abure and Peter Obi has killed the party with their headless mob.

When all usurpers are gone by the end of this year after edo and ondo elections the real owners of the party will reclaim their party
abeg gist me before I go vote am o
Which nba Innovation
Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by tojahh(m): 7:02am On Feb 07
Cromagnon:
abeg gist me before I go vote am o
Which nba Innovation

As usual, he won't gist you nothing because na lie him dey talk.

Btw, once he starts GISTING you, always demand for prove and evidence. Votes are precious as we have come to see in recent times, don't let any propaganda change your view.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Tjra: 7:08am On Feb 07
Gbajue

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Judolisco(m): 7:23am On Feb 07
U go soon join pdp....

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by Paraman: 7:32am On Feb 07
Goodlady:

Edo is not Yoruba extension, you people should stop creating problems where there's none

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:56am On Feb 07
only idiots will vote anything APC in dis con3 again.

angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Retreat As Angry Biafra Protesters Barricade Onitsha Headbridge(Pictur) / Anyim Pius Anyim Wants PDP Presidential Ticket Zoned To South-East / Tinubu Commiserates With Morocco Over Earthquake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.