Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman (40657 Views)

Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy / Buhari I Curse You Today With Everything In Me / Sen. Shehu Sani ‏joined Labour To Protest Over 30,000 Minimum Wage,today (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by EcoBrick: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-Year-Old Woman Lambasts Ex-Anambra Gov, Party For Abandoning Her After Being Shot During Election

July 6, 2023

A 74-year-old retired military officer, Chinyere Obi, has slammed Labour Party and its candidate in the 2023 presidential election, Mr Peter Obi for allegedly abandoning her after being shot by political thugs in Imo State over her commitment to the party.

Chinyere, a retired Colonel and a card-carrying member of the Labour Party, who spoke to journalists on Thursday in Abuja, regretted that neither the party nor Peter Obi reached out to her after was shot in the leg while campaigning for the party’s presidential candidate, Legit reports.

The septuagenarian narrated how she sold her Honda Pilot SUV to fund her medical treatment after the incident, noting that she did not expect the party or Peter Obi to pick up her bills but to show solidarity.

She said, “I had to sell my Honda Pilot Jeep for N1.5 million in June to be able to treat the gunshot wound. At my age, 74, I am selling my things to heal completely.

"As a retired colonel, I have my pension and entitlements. I wasn't even asking for money my anger is that nobody reached out not even one single person came to the hospital at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) to say sorry.

"I fought and campaigned for Obi, for the youths so that Nigeria can change. I have no need for anything, I am a British citizen and my children are all British citizens. I have nothing to lose or gain, I spent N5 million buying rice, visiting people, women across the country."

Shedding more light on how she was attacked, 74-year-old Chinyere said the problem started when she tried to protect a Labour Party’s polling unit agent in her hometown in the Ideato South Local Government Area of Imo State.

According to her, on election day, some unidentified political thugs invaded her polling unit and threatened the Labour Party polling unit agent and she tried to intervene.

"The next thing I heard," she said was “pooh-pooh! It was gunshots on my leg."

She noted that she is diabetic, adding that the shooting could have led to the amputation of her leg but "nobody from Labour Party, not Abure (referring to LP’s sacked national chairman – Julius Abure) or even Peter Obi sent a word or visited.

“It was only two people who sent me words from the Labour Party. I regret, I curse the day I entered the Labour Party. I was in PDP (Peoples Democratic Party), and when Obi joined Labour Party, I followed him."

However, she urged President Bola Tinubu to intensify efforts to end insecurity in Nigeria, especially in the southeast region.

She stated that she was confident in the capacity of President Tinubu and was sure he would end the hardship in the country.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/07/06/i-curse-day-i-joined-labour-party-because-peter-obi-74-year-old-woman-lambasts-ex

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by TemplarLandry: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
Obi the religious politics master.
Obi the yes man.
Obi the political harlot (from APGA-PDP-LPAPC)
The black-garment-wearing man (Alaşo dudu)
The sissy (you could tell by his voice)
The opportunist.
The fake messiah of the youths.
The lying machine (e.g, “In Nigeria, there are SANs who never attended Law School”)

May God forgive you Obi for brainwashing this mummy, you've been exposed for the fraud you are.

356 Likes 42 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
😂 I myself never liked the Obi . He's just a deceitful man.

246 Likes 35 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by DatNiggaDaz: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
Season of helter skelter in the Camp of " it will favour me & my family

EU Observation & report is at fault here grin grin

Watch out for more reports claming to have been shot in the buttocks without help from LP Lol grin grin

253 Likes 31 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by jmoore(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin Obi the religious politics master.
IconicR:
I myself never liked the Obi . He's just a deceitful man.
zangaozanga:
obifraud and badluck are like ipob and sit at home,anyone that get close to them will surely regret it
She was attacked by political thugs of APC. Maybe, she should join the APC that shot her.

431 Likes 48 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by drlateef: 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
Yes daddy!!! I will settle her daddy. She just needs my hug daddy!!!

180 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by greatiyk4u(m): 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
What is she insinuating?
Wasn't her support for a better Nigeria?
Any sacrifice too much for a better Naija? Was she doing it for Peter Obi or a better Nigeria?

Anyway, the state chairman and candidates should have handled the situation not compulsorily Mr Obi.

Sorry for the gunshot sponsored by APC devil agent, Hope Uzodimma

280 Likes 21 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by adebayo987: 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
EcoBrick:
https://saharareporters.com/2023/07/06/i-curse-day-i-joined-labour-party-because-peter-obi-74-year-old-woman-lambasts-ex

Mynd44
Nlfpmod

Them don bribe this one... Enjoy your money and act the movie well, jare.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by mcmurphy132(m): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2023
Only God knows how people this useless party has scammed.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by phorget(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
The woman would make a good example of what the EU observed. I'm sure it wasn't LP that shot one of their own.

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by Arapmoi22: 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
jmoore:

She was attacked by political thugs of APC. Maybe, she should join the APC that shot her.

So, this is a genuine reason why Obi and Abure should share the whole money they generated without taking time to check on her?

When it is an enemy force that shot your foot soldier, he/she can be deserted. Is that your logic?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Season of helter skelter in the Camp of " it will favour me & my family

EU Observation & report is at fault here grin grin

Watch out for more reports claming to have been shot on the buttocks without help from LP Lol grin grin

No mind those agbado mutulas. Nobody ever heard of this woman. They don dey cook up and down

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by marlow1962(m): 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
Has tinubu ever visited his foot soldiers?

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by LegendHero(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Eluuuuuuppeee 74.

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by Maize247(f): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ok
Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by richidinho(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
Lolz, when did this PDP lady join LP?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by abobote: 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Did anyone force her to join, in Labour party we don't share money like PDAPC

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by jmoore(m): 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2023
Arapmoi22:

So, this is a genuine reason why Obi and Abure should share the whole money they generated without taking time to check on her?

When it is an enemy force that shot your foot soldier, he/she can be deserted. Is that your logic?
You are their accountant to know they shared the whole money?

How una dey reason sef.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by isitforeba: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
No worry, Peter Obi stingy. Nobody see shishi collect. Madam, your reward is in heaven

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by Arapmoi22: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
jmoore:

How una dey reason sef.

You are too young to understand the business.
I excuse you must be a minor like 19 years old nmesomma.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by jmoore(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
Arapmoi22:

You are too young to understand the business. I excuse you must be a minor like 19 years old nmesomma.
And you are an ancestor that is a professor of gazelle gagaraga.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by yarimo(m): 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Obi is a fraudster thank God Nigerians rejected him

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by Arapmoi22: 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
jmoore:

And you are an ancestor that is a professor of gazelle gagaraga.

How do you know?
You are right.
All Obi's scam is laid bare before the ancestors.
We shake our heads at the gullibility of zom-bie-dents.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by OkayDaddy: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
abobote:
Did anyone force her to join, in Labour party we don't share money like PDAPC

You don't share money but Okupe that was using Sienna bought 2 Range Rovers.

You don't share money but Obi was flying PJs.

You don't share money but Obi settled other Presidential contestants in LP.

You are a nonentity in LP Na why you never see shishi

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by udede(m): 12:42am On Jul 07, 2023
IconicR:
😂 I myself never liked the Obi . He's just a deceitful man.
who your like epp

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by pquaver(m): 12:52am On Jul 07, 2023
jmoore:

How una dey reason sef.

But u r the investigator IGP of police to know it was apc that shot her abi?

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by Racoon(m): 3:33am On Jul 07, 2023
Fine you joined Labour Party but were you forced or cajoled? There are many party member who also sacrificed, got maimed, and even killed in the course of the last election but many are not making noise.

So what is the fuss madam? It is obvious she has gone to eat cassava, garri, ewa and agbado on the other side. The difference between Peter Obi and the woman tells it all. She needs nutrition rehabilitation that the agbado and cassava camp are offering

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by NaMe4: 3:52am On Jul 07, 2023
Na the State chapter suppose commiserate with her and offer any form of assistance.

Pete Obi no fit attend to everyone affected by the previous elections as him sef dey find him . . . erhm . . .

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by GeneralPula: 5:25am On Jul 07, 2023
Eyah..

Nah she go dey stress herself over one Agulu bad omen..

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Curse The Day I Joined Labour Party Because Of Peter Obi,’ 74-year-old Woman by thesicilian: 5:26am On Jul 07, 2023
greatiyk4u:
What is she insinuating?
Wasn't her support for a better Nigeria?
Any sacrifice too much for a better Naija? Was she doing it for Peter Obi or a better Nigeria?

Anyway, the state chairman and candidates should have handled the situation not compulsorily Mr Obi.

Sorry for the gunshot sponsored by APC devil agent, Hope Uzodimma
Her support was for Peter Obi. She probably chose him because of tribal sentiments.
Those who want(ed) a better Nigeria voted for Bola Tinubu.

28 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sunny Dike Odogwu Is Dead! / The World Powers Have Decided The Nigerian Elections Winner. It Is Not GEJ. / Stone-Base Roads Of Governor Umahi Of Ebonyi State - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.