Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,925 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku (6864 Views)

Fayose Mocks Yar'adua On Dallies Jonathan Gets Stoned. . ., Notice The Links? / Yar'adua On Life Support Machine / Lagos Ac Blasts Yar'adua On Lagos Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by francisj(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2011
Obasanjo foisted unhealthy Yar’Adua on Nigerians as punishment – Atiku
ON NOVEMBER 29, 2011 • IN NEWS
By Emmanuel Aziken & Henry Umoru
ABUJA — Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has launched a blistering attack on former President Olusegun Obasanjo, accusing him of deliberately foisting an unhealthy Umaru Yar‘Adua on the country as a punishment for the rejection of the third term constitution amendment in 2006.

Atiku who also accused Obasanjo of seeking to be Nigeria’s version of Zimbabwe’s Robert Mugabe cited the memoirs of erstwhile United States Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, as evidence that Obasanjo lobbied for the third term constitution amendment among world leaders.

The attack from Atiku followed a newspaper interview where Obasanjo was alleged to have described Atiku as incompetent, unworthy of the presidency and untruthful.

My problems with OBJ
Rebuffing the allegations by former President Obasanjo, Atiku in a statement from his media office in Abuja, yesterday, said his major problems with the former President arose from his opposition to his third term plan.
Atiku in the statement narrated how Obasanjo allegedly sent two cabinet members of the regime to him to deliberate on a draft constitution.

Curiously, Atiku said, the draft was silent on term limit, which made him to smell a rat and that his courage to confront Obasanjo over this controversial plan was the beginning of his troubles with his former boss and the subsequent plots to frustrate his ambition to become President.
Noting that Obasanjo did not have an original succession plan contrary to the claim that he had initially groomed him, Atiku denied the claim, saying the former President was forced into a “last minute succession by bringing a medically challenged late Umaru Yar’Adua to succeed him as a means of punishing Nigerians for rejecting his life Presidency ambition.”
Praises past leaders
Atiku praised Nigeria’s past leaders including General Yakubu Gowon, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, General Ibrahim Babangida, Ernest Shonekan, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, statesmen, legislators, past Chief Justices and the media for coming together to pull Nigeria from the brink and ensuring an orderly succession to the Presidency by the then Vice President, Dr. Jonathan Goodluck.
“Without this, Nigeria would have been plunged into yet another major crisis arising from the actions of one man,” Atiku said.
On the allegations of inexperience, incompetence and unreliability made against him by Obasanjo, Atiku said Obasanjo was the last person to lecture any Nigerian on reliability.The Rice’s memoirs
Atiku also referred to the memoirs of former US Secretary of State, Rice, “No Higher Honour” where she reportedly made reference to Obasanjo’s alleged plans for a third term.
“In 2006 when President Olusegun Obasanjo of Nigeria sidled up to President Bush and suggested that he (Obasanjo) might change the constitution so that he could serve a third term, President Bush told him not to do it. In Bush’s words: ‘You have served your country well. Now turn over power and become a statesman,” she was quoted as saying.
Atiku also dismissed as preposterous the allegation against him by Obasanjo that he is inexperienced. He challenged Obasanjo to disclose any responsibility or task that he assigned to him while in office, which he didn’t discharge competently. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/obasanjo-foisted-unhealthy-yar%E2%80%99adua-on-nigerians-as-punishment-atiku/

Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2011
This man too sabi cry. I beg rest.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by nanidee(f): 8:24am On Nov 29, 2011
2 silly old fools, acting like kids who are fighting for a jelly.

Oh dear. . . I despise these people so much. TĦey and all their cohorts utterly excite my disgust!!! **puke smiley**
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by BootyOnMe: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2011
Darling Sugar Daddy Atiku. . .?
Which wan consain you?
Nigeria is enjoying the 'reign' of GEJ. . . and your family is safe in Dubai.
Abeg, let the dead keep buring their dead jor! kiss

You sef get time! cheesy

Nigerian politics should no longer interest you sir!
Please, go and h-enjoy the rest of yout loot like OBJ is doing. kiss
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by francisj(m): 8:40am On Nov 29, 2011
blink182:

This man too sabi cry. I beg rest.

The man have not learnt his lesson from what happen to IBB !

very soon ,he will be admited to a foreign hospital diagnosis an unknown ailment .

the idiot is still daring Papa Iyabo, where are his supporters and advisers ?
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by Kx: 8:42am On Nov 29, 2011
I tot both men are grand parents, if not great grand parents.Do they always have to wash their dirty linens in public?
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 29, 2011
Kettle calling the pot black, Bread and coke eater laughing at Garri drinker, Nonsense
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by francisj(m): 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
Third term: Blame Rice not me, Atiku tells Obasanjo – Daily Trust
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo should defend himself against the allegation of lobbying the former George Bush administration to support his unpopular third term ambition in 2006 which was contained in the recently published memoirs of former Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, former vice president, Atiku Abubakar said yesterday.

Atiku was speaking against the backdrop of Obasanjo’s remarks in a national daily where he said the former vice president destroyed his own chance of succeeding him in 2007 because he (Atiku) is unreliable and that he lacks the vision, orientation and experience to step into his shoes.

http://nigerianbulletin.com/2011/11/29/third-term-blame-rice-not-me-atiku-tells-obasanjo-daily-trust/
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by TenKobo1: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2011
It's no longer news, even a goat knew that Obasanjo, the clown prince of Nigerian politics has been fighting a war of vengeance on the Nigerian people; since his ambition to rule forever hit the rock. First an unhealthy Yar'adua, seconded by a Retardinho that could barely decide on anything meaningful. It was a master stroke in evilry, if you miss one, you have one. He succeeded in all, what has the nation not suffered under this two?
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by Chiori(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2011
Atiku should learn to live and let live by this time. His outbursts are rather childish. We all know Obasanjo foisted Yar'Adua on us. But are we not happy at the turn of events in the state today? Atiku, you have nothing to offer us, so stop assaulting us with your ponderous innuendos.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by babaowo: 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2011
u just dey run your mouth ooooooo
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by bisiaet: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2011
For God sake cant Atiku for once just behave himself as an adult and keep shut??

Please does this man has any relative or family in NL please kindly tell Atiku for God sake or for Allah sake to just keep quiet at least for once.

We are no longer intereted in Atiku -Obj Nonsense any longer, haba what is all this foolish rants and blablablablabla all the time by this man called Atiku oh heaven!!!!!. I'm really, really and really sick of this man.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by YEMOYEMI: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
[b]REVOLUTION! REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION!!![/b]Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, you are a clown and too desperate. You have no interest of Nigeria at heart. You are as selfish and wicked like your former master Olusegun Obasanjo. You and Obasanjo stole so much money in the name of revamping the power sector. how can you make Nigeria have regular supply when you won Mikano inporting power generating machine to this country.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by Skii(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2011
You see, sometimes we are the orchestrators of our own problems

Had Obj not been hell bent on frustrating Atiku's plans to become president (because of his,Obj's, selfish and greedy third term bid), Nigeria might have been a different place today. Again, what we needed as a product of the last elections was a president with at least some kind of "balls". A mind of his own. Atiku had some balls to stand up to Obj (unlike some cowards we know) concerning his third term agenda. Hence the beginning of his fallout with Obj.

To further highlight Obj's wickedness, he spoilt for unhealthy Yaradua to become president. As if that was not bad enough, we all saw the picture where he was laughing at Atiku over the outcome of the PDP primaries that "chose" GEJ as its presidential flag bearer. This suggest to me again Obj's mischief and untrustworthiness, still holding grudges against Atiku, despite his visit to make peace with him at his farm in Otta. So rather than support Atiku, a by far better option than his opponent at the primaries, he took the apparently sweeter option (to him, of adding salt to Atiku's injury) but consequentially bitter option (to us all) of supporting GEJ.

Someone has suggested that Obj's support for GEJ is part of his gift to Nigerians for denying him a third term. I am of a different opinion. Even Obj must be surprised at GEJ's performance. He wouldnt have thought him to be so woeful and incompetent as far "presidenting" Nigeria is concerned. But he really cant be bothered now in his farm can he? The only thing satisfactory about GEJ to Obj and the rest of the PDP cabal are how he is "cooperating". You wonder why nothing ever came out of the Haliburton scandal.

One thing I know for sure is that both Atiku and Obj were involved. That's why even when the investigations were revealing connections with Atiku, it suddenly all just disappeared. I bet he must have told his Oga, one way of the other, if I go down, you going down with me boss! Because there is no way such a scandal like that would have gone down without Obj having a hand in it. Thats why they only go as far as little jabs here and there in their public scuffles.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by catso(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2011
You Nigerian looters, don't think you're safe yet,

Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by donsteady(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2011
Atiku would have approve same sex marriage, foolish man
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by yuzedo: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2011
I dey laugh! grin grin grin
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by HighChief4(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2011
Atiku is the most corrupt naija politician.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by joe4christ(m): 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2011
[size=75pt] All thanks to God, they should keep exposing thier evil deeds. Mtcheeeew! [/size]
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by purplekayc(m): 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2011
this thread should be closed!!! moderator take charge
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by 1luvkipsus: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2011
May God forgive you (Atiku) for this mischievous utterance. U should hide your head in shame for been rejected and an 'unhealthy' man accepted.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by Gbawe: 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2011
Skii:

You see, sometimes we are the orchestrators of our own problems

Had Obj not been hell bent on frustrating Atiku's plans to become president (because of his,Obj's, selfish and greedy third term bid), Nigeria might have been a different place today. Again, what we needed as a product of the last elections was a president with at least some kind of "balls". A mind of his own. Atiku had some balls to stand up to Obj (unlike some cowards we know) concerning his third term agenda. Hence the beginning of his fallout with Obj.

To further highlight Obj's wickedness, he spoilt for unhealthy Yaradua to become president. As if that was not bad enough, we all saw the picture where he was laughing at Atiku over the outcome of the PDP primaries that "chose" GEJ as its presidential flag bearer. This suggest to me again Obj's mischief and untrustworthiness, still holding grudges against Atiku, despite his visit to make peace with him at his farm in Otta. So rather than support Atiku, a by far better option than his opponent at the primaries, he took the apparently sweeter option (to him, of adding salt to Atiku's injury) but consequentially bitter option (to us all) of supporting GEJ.

Someone has suggested that Obj's support for GEJ is part of his gift to Nigerians for denying him a third term. I am of a different opinion. Even Obj must be surprised at GEJ's performance. He wouldnt have thought him to be so woeful and incompetent as far "presidenting" Nigeria is concerned. But he really cant be bothered now in his farm can he? The only thing satisfactory about GEJ to Obj and the rest of the PDP cabal are how he is "cooperating". You wonder why nothing ever came out of the Haliburton scandal.

One thing I know for sure is that both Atiku and Obj were involved. That's why even when the investigations were revealing connections with Atiku, it suddenly all just disappeared. I bet he must have told his Oga, one way of the other, if I go down, you going down with me boss! Because there is no way such a scandal like that would have gone down without Obj having a hand in it. Thats why they only go as far as little jabs here and there in their public scuffles.

Excellent post showing discerning thinking. OBJ is , IMO, perhaps the worst thing to happen to Nigeria. His worst quality is that he is a vengeful egotist who is happy to foist those he clearly knows are incompetent on Nigeria and Nigerians.

Nothing the supporters of OBJ can praise as his "achievement" will ever distract intelligent Nigerians from noting how this man , at every opportunity, always went for the worst option  (Shagari, Yar Adua, Jonathan, OGD et al) he was totally aware would leave our nation and people in more trouble. I don't know how anyone can have anything positive to say about a man who pretends to move Nigeria one step forward yet his acts of sabotage takes us 50 steps backward.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by niyimat(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2011
Stupid old fool, the nemesis of his atrocities will soon catch up with him, he still wants to made headlines when Nigerian has already forgotten about him in the black book
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by 1025: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2011
Darling Sugar Daddy Atiku. . .?
Which wan consain you?
Nigeria is enjoying the 'reign' of GEJ. . . and your family is safe in Dubai.
Abeg, let the dead keep buring their dead jor! Kiss

You sef get time! Cheesy

Nigerian politics should no longer interest you sir!
Please, go and h-enjoy the rest of yout loot like OBJ is doing.

@bootyonme,
which part of nigeria is enjoying you and ur GEJ? are u a normal person or are u writing from a mental rehabilitation home?

that chimpanzee is still punishing nigerians for not allowing his third term agenda. jonathan is a waste of time. i evenlike the half dead yar adua that was man enough to jail bODE CRIMINAL gEORGE. under jonathan, the same bode george was celebrated by the federal govt and other federal criminals like bankole are all enjoying themselves.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
Rear Admiral Atiku Abubakar
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2011
purplekayc:

this thread should be closed!!! moderator take charge
its made its way to the front page
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by pynkspyce: 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2011
all a bunch of retards.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by 9jaIhail(m): 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
HEHEHE WHERE IS AL HARAM? YOUR BROTHER IS BUSY ACCUSING HIS EX BOSS THAT HE CHOP MORE THAN HIM WHILE THEY WERE IN OFFICE SHYT. YOU GUYS HAVE DEALT WITH THIS COUNTRY MERCILESSLY, STILL YOU GUYS ARE STILL HUNGRY AND DESPERATE FOR POWER AFTER LOOTING THIS COUNTRY TREASURE FOR MANY DECADES, GOD WILL FIGHT FOR US
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by Kapardanie(m): 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2011
, thank baba OBJ,
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by hbrednic: 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2011
tell him Atiku
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by vislabraye(m): 8:06pm On Nov 30, 2011
This man speaks as if he's retarded, infact him and his former boss have problems.
Re: OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku by fmgold: 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2011
I want to get space at the Ikeja City Mall,the rent is N150,000 per sq meter and the space available is 100sq meter, which adds up to N15million per annum. Please can any one assist me with the kind of business that i can engage in to make profit since i have to pay so much for rent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aviation Ministry Inaugurates Private-Jet Terminal / Power Generating Plants Perform Below 30% Capacity – FG / Buhari's Speech To Nigerian Community In UK Saturday 21st 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.