Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Fruits Ahead Of Gifts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fruits Ahead Of Gifts (57 Views)

Esther Ajayi Hosts Sanwo-Olu Ahead Of Dedication Of Lagos Cathedral (Photos) / Another COZA Video Released Ahead Of Program After Controversial Davido Video / Muslim Woman Decorates Pastor’s House Ahead Of Christmas In Kaduna. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fruits Ahead Of Gifts by Interesting15: 9:16am On Feb 07
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional (7th February 2024)

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: Fruits Ahead Of Gifts

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22, 23

*Message*

The Christian faith can be an unending cycle of bliss and adventure. This is easily made possible via the availability of divine tokens embedded in the Life we received upon surrendering to the Lordship of Jesus. So, we receive the Holy Spirit and can give manifestations to His supernatural gifts:

*"for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, [9] to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, [10] to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. [11] But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills."*‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭12:8‭-‬11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

However, as beautiful as these spectacular abilities and experiences are, just a few verses later, the Holy Spirit, through Apostle Paul, would take our attention towards the direction of "a more excellent way" (Vs 31) characterized by love and good characters.

The point is simple. Spiritual gifts are powerful, but the fruits of the Spirit should be given greater priority and importance, as they are more valuable than gifts.

As Christians, we are to be like Jesus Christ who excelled in character and love. One easy way to bring this into realization is by living a lifestyle that exhibits the fruits of the Spirit.

*"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22, 23*

This is one of the major trademarks of a genuine child of God. When the fruits keep finding expression in you, you please God the more and get closer to Him.

*Prayers*
Ask the LORD to help you give greater expression to the fruits of the Spirit in your daily interactions with society.

*Further Reading*
John‬ ‭15:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

Re: Fruits Ahead Of Gifts by searchng4love: 9:17am On Feb 07
The FRUIT of the Holy Spirit. NOT FRUITS!!

(1) (Reply)

A Good Book By Soibi Versatile / Symphony Of The Wild Small (@ / Be Strong�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.