Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices (19320 Views)

Just Received My Stay At Home Relief Food Items From Edo State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Maxtipulation(m): 10:07am On Feb 07
Story for the Agbadorians
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Hanndye: 10:07am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Your country has millions of tonnes of food reserves stored in silos for emergencies, and they are being released to crash food prices.

Crash price and plunge the economy into further depression. After eating what is in your silos will the people not go back to the regular markets? Make things easy for everybody they will not hear, now they want to make their supporters happy. Partisanship and wickedness is the bane of APC.

1 Like

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Angelfrost(m): 10:07am On Feb 07
kcprince:
Government to do this or will do this. Why can't they tell us after it has been done and the good result is being felt. It will help restore trust in government

They have to give their idiot supporters hope (Renewed Hope)! grin
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Maxtipulation(m): 10:08am On Feb 07
Arobaga:
Wait

Nigeria get food reserve?

Abi na the reserve of cartons of indomie then sideline during Covid?

Anyways if you like no go hustle deh wait make people wey thief palliative from you during Covid to release imaginary reserve for you

Cartoons of Indomie wey go don expire?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by alpamo6: 10:08am On Feb 07
Hilarious!! Open the borders with Niger, that is where the food comes from, also provide security for farmers to fo back to farm. Dollar issues is also your responsibility, do not sound as it is not your making.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Myhusband(m): 10:09am On Feb 07
Inspirer1:
Open up the borders, reduce custom fees to like 50% of what it is now, what's the essence of Customs generating trillions and qe ain't having any positive impact on Nigeirans in terms of development or affordable food and service.

Subsidise petrol cos we ain't even seeing what the money that's being used to subsidise before is being used for now.

Whatever you're releasing will never be enough we all know that, that's even if our governors do not 'corner' it and keep it till forever.

Tinubu should fire all his special advisers most especially on economic matters, they're not advising him well

Opening boarder, reducing custom fee, bringing back fuel subsidy will automatically bring the hardship down to zero

He keep looking for X when is X is staring at him, doing Algebra over nothing

2 Likes

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by DatNiggaDaz: 10:09am On Feb 07
Where are these reserves kept. For how long have they kept the food there. Are they still edible ? That is if there is anything like food reserves in Nigeria. First time the government are talking about food reserves.

Wicked people, you have to wait until prices hit the roof and claim that there are reserves. Did the government purposely höard food of farmers. Did they steal from the farmers after the farmers abandoned there farms due to the massacre by the fulani herdsmen. Is this government not working with " heardmen", " bandits", terrorists of fulani extraction.

This news surely get as e be grin
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by jaxxy(m): 10:09am On Feb 07
We don't understand how Nigerian economy works, this will not crash any food prices.

There isn't scarcity of food. That is not what caused the high prices so it won't solve it.

3 Likes

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Bimpe29: 10:14am On Feb 07
Empathy and proactiveness on the part of government are required more than ever before.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Judolisco(m): 10:15am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Shut up.

The country has hundreds of silos stationed across the nation.

Silos are massive warehouses stacked with emergency food, and most countries have them.

Forum of ignorance.
silos that are empty... Ino say make uno do your job... But we ain't stupid
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Judolisco(m): 10:17am On Feb 07
DatNiggaDaz:
Where are these reserves kept. For how long have they kept the food there. Are they still edible ? That is if there is anything like food reserves in Nigeria. First time the government are talking about food reserves.

Wicked people, you have to wait until prices hit the roof and claim that there are reserves. Did the government purposely höard food of farmers. Did they steal from the farmers after the farmers abandoned there farms due to the massacre by the fulani herdsmen. Is this government not working with " heardmen", " bandits", terrorists of fulani extraction.

This news surely get as e be grin
it's not d first time buhari government spoke about it several times... I think dis people are jst dumb or something... There is no scarcity of food... Na money people no get....
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Chicagograduate(m): 10:19am On Feb 07
Which food reserve?The COVID 19 palliatives items that politicians hoarded and are already decaying and eaten by rodents.
Is it no longer the opposition that are sponsoring protest across the country?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by boxypane(m): 10:20am On Feb 07
If not monitored, riff raffs will abuse the process.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by jamoyakz: 10:20am On Feb 07
A major reason why the hike in food stuff keeps on increasing is that those commodity holders are mopping out all available food stuff so as to sell back when the price is high. Nigerians we are our own nemesis

1 Like

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Zeebuy: 10:22am On Feb 07
johnog4sure:
There is no such thing as reserve.

If you have not noticed that this present administration always bring temporary solution to permanent problems since it came to power, then you have comprehension problem, I don't want to go through their long list of MYOPIC policies within the last 8 months.

Now forget what they tell you. this is the real plan, they will go and buy food from the market, disguise it as from "the reserve" take pictures, do their media stunts, arrange some hungry people to come and take food, later the small gang of thieves among them will come back to carry all the food open shops then retail it back to the same "hungry people" and pocket the money.

Nigerians there are no "reserves anywhere" pls prove me wrong if you know any, the closest I know of, is that in Gwagwalada area council which is my residential LGA. they have warehouses which the local government use sometimes to provide basic things like, food, grinding machine etc. to the indigenes but I tell you even this is highly politicize and if you have money and connection you can buy off those things at relatively cheaper than market price, open a shop and retail it back. It is common knowledge here.

The real course of hunger are:
1. Insecurity. Farmers can't improve output because of herders.
2. Inflation. Earning power is low prices of food is high.

But our government we ignore the obvious but open up channels for smaller thieves to loot!

You, sir, are incredibly smart. especially with the bolded
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Zeebuy: 10:24am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Shut up.

Silos are massive warehouses stacked with emergency food, and most countries have them.

Forum of ignorance.

Someone just schooled you, you ignorant animal

johnog4sure:
There is no such thing as reserve.

Now forget what they tell you. this is the real plan, they will go and buy food from the market, disguise it as from "the reserve" take pictures, do their media stunts, arrange some hungry people to come and take food, later the small gang of thieves among them will come back to carry all the food open shops then retail it back to the same "hungry people" and pocket the money.

Nigerians there are no "reserves anywhere" pls prove me wrong if you know any, the closest I know of, is that in Gwagwalada area council which is my residential LGA. they have warehouses which the local government use sometimes to provide basic things like, food, grinding machine etc. to the indigenes but I tell you even this is highly politicize and if you have money and connection you can buy off those things at relatively cheaper than market price, open a shop and retail it back. It is common knowledge here.

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by kokomilala(m): 10:28am On Feb 07
@Rostikol, thanks for educating him. You know there are a lot of ill-educated people here, who just rush to comment, and in the process, goof heavily, with their stupidity, and well, their ignorance showing.

That's why I suggested to Seun to deploy an AI technology to sieve out some of these inconsequential posts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Galadimabawa: 10:28am On Feb 07
Another Lia, Nigeria get food reserve?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by johnog4sure: 10:30am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Shut up.

Forum of ignorance.
Silos that are owned by private food processing companies. Na u dey ignorant
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by BreconHills(m): 10:30am On Feb 07
Apart from educating the large number of uninformed people who have apparently never heard of the national grains reserve there is a more important issue.

Who will these grains be released to?

It has become obvious from the debacle of the covid 19 palliative distribution that Nigeria's FG has no last mile connection to its own people. Many well meaning programs including even IMF/World Bank single digit loans to SME and MSME have been hijacked by bureaucrats and their lackeys.

Who will stop these grains being rebagged to sit in a warehouse awaiting the inevitable increase in market price?

LG's are broken. Is it church or mosque? Or schools and community organisations that will be used? Or is it Trade Unions?

Just what has not been corroded by the green eyed monster of mammon and self worship?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by lexy2014: 10:30am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

It is released to be BOUGHT.

It’s not free food.

The idea is that if you flood the system with food, it will bring down the cost.

It’s basic supply-side economics.

that is not what I asked you.

commendable in what way?

have you seen any "released" food?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Stevosty: 10:31am On Feb 07
kcprince:
Government to do this or will do this. Why can't they tell us after it has been done and the good result is being felt. It will help restore trust in government
Government keeps giving false hopes, if they have anything to release it has to be for their dying party members, government of "to". Nothing is working, not even agriculture.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Bayabidem(m): 10:31am On Feb 07
Iró pò..iró pò ó pòpò iró pò
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Nicepoker(m): 10:32am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Shut up.

Forum of ignorance.
Hundreds you say? Be a bit modest pls.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by lexy2014: 10:32am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Shut up.

Forum of ignorance.

can you tell the exact number of "hundreds of silos" and their exact locations 'across the nation"?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by DatNiggaDaz: 10:34am On Feb 07
Judolisco:
it's not d first time buhari government spoke about it several times... I think dis people are jst dumb or something... There is no scarcity of food... Na money people no get....
There plan is to open the Covid warehouses where they hiarded foodstuggs that were meant for those period because some of them hoarded them to sell and make profits.

Their Plans also in the coming weeks is to import food items with the loans they have been mismanagimg which will also make the Naira more useless. This " we will" we are about to" is just to buy time. They have no serious Plan that will reduce the food prices.

If they had they will take care of security that will give farmers the confident to go into farmimmg and subsidize the mechanization of farm Equipments, giving more intensives that will make more people to go into farming
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by lexy2014: 10:34am On Feb 07
Myhusband:

Tinubu should fire all his special advisers most especially on economic matters, they're not advising him well

Opening boarder, reducing custom fee, bringing back fuel subsidy will automatically bring the hardship down to zero

He keep looking for X when is X is staring at him, doing Algebra over nothing

why should Tinubu fire anybody? in the first, we were told that Tinubu is a genius that built and transformed Lagos. how come his advisers and now misleading the genius and visionary?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by johnog4sure: 10:34am On Feb 07
Zeebuy:

Someone just schooled you, you ignorant animal

The silos that are owned by private food processing company abi? I no dey insult people, I punch people's livers, its easier for cowards to insult people on a faceless forum, mind you in my post I said if you know any "prove" me wrong.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by okorogodwin4(m): 10:36am On Feb 07
The time to monitor the warehouses is now
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Pipefitter: 10:36am On Feb 07
The problem with this country is that the food will be released to cronies to be stockpiled and sold at exorbitant rate later
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by DJInfluence: 10:39am On Feb 07
Same officials will hoard the so called reserved when released just like they did with COVID palliative.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Zeebuy: 10:40am On Feb 07
johnog4sure:
The silos that are owned by private food processing company abi? I no dey insult people, I punch people's livers, its easier for cowards to insult people on a faceless forum, mind you in my post I said if you know any "prove" me wrong.

Someone just showed you he knows a location of one of the so-called silos, and he gave the location of one, and there's no food stored there. He also told you the exact tactics the government will use and you're still here talking nonsense.
I know the only thing you lots will do is defend the uselessness of this government, but how long will you defend the indefensible? During covid, Nigerians abroad and international organizations donated food items, remind me again what your useless government did with those items.

You claim as if you know everything about the silos, give us the location of one and provide evidence of food stored therein instead of blabbing like a geriatric donkey.

This is the nonsense y'al did during Buhari's years of wastage. Na una go kill this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Monumental Waste Called Delta State / How Buhari, VP Silence Aided Killings, By Ortom / Boko Haram, ISWAP Have Taken Over Shiroro, Borgu Forests -Niger State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.