Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices (19368 Views)

Tinubu Orders Release Of Food Reserves To Boost Availability / Just Received My Stay At Home Relief Food Items From Edo State Government / "Governors Should Release Food Items..." - Apostle Johnson Suleiman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Lifemanage: 10:42am On Feb 07
Another story from the gods ...
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by OkeyMega: 10:44am On Feb 07
Mark my words...they will still release it to their cronies who will in turn sell it at the prevailing market price thereby rendering the measure ineffective.Prices are not going to crash.Make una dey use us dey catch cruise.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by alamoht(m): 10:50am On Feb 07
[quote author=Rostikol post=128328551]

Your country has millions of tonnes of food reserves stored in silos for emergencies, and they are being released to crash food prices.

Dey play
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by theredaddy: 10:53am On Feb 07
savcy:
Commendable. But this is a short term plan. What exactly is the actual plan for the future? Since the President declared a state of emergency, it is yet to bee seen the investments made in the sector to improve it. We are tired of these psuedo-solutions. We need something enduring and lasting ooo!

Sometimes i wonder if education is just a scam or Our leaders deliberately feign "Dumb"

According to govt there is a cartel out there mopping up food stuff, lets even assume it is true ... how will releasing food from reserve mitigate "mopping"
How long will it take before these so called "omni- cartel" mopp up whatever is released

Why can the govt think of approach that will buy them all the time they need to correct abnormalicies, Opening our borders and lifting bans on foodstuffs that are proscribe contraband, excess food & dumping will crash market price faster than any approach

Opening our border will lessen excessive demand on the dollar at this time, cos trading with neighboring countries exempt "Dollar"

Already Nigerians are using neighbour flight to japa cos it cheaper, what do we have to lose importing food from cotonuo that can be worst than the present situation
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:58am On Feb 07
However, Governor Umar Bago, alleged sabotage by a cartel which he accused of mopping up foodstuffs in order to cause hike in prices.

Bago, who said the Federal Government was aware of the activities of the cartel, alleged that the aim of its members was to cause hunger and incite the people.
So after subsidy cabal

We now have food cabal
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Allisgud: 10:59am On Feb 07
Will their reserve be enough for Lagos alone,this politicians and their immediate family will mopup every cheap food from the market and leave the poor with the condition on how many good they can buy
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by delerx(m): 10:59am On Feb 07
Lies everywhere
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by johnog4sure: 11:01am On Feb 07
Zeebuy:

Someone just showed you he knows a location of one of the so-called silos, and he gave the location of one, and there's no food stored there. He also told you the exact tactics the government will use and you're still here talking nonsense.
I know the only thing you lots will do is defend the uselessness of this government, but how long will you defend the indefensible? During covid, Nigerians abroad and international organizations donated food items, remind me again what your useless government did with those items.

You claim as if you know everything about the silos, give us the location of one and provide evidence of food stored therein instead of blabbing like a geriatric donkey.

This is the nonsense y'al did during Buhari's years of wastage. Na una go kill this country
Wetin dis one dey talk, who is defending your stupid govt, go and read my initial post...or do u have comprehension problems. Na ur type I dey puncture hin liver with my fists.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Eteka1(m): 11:02am On Feb 07
This is cluelessness in display. There is no food shortage. We are suffering from inflation and devaluation of the Naira.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by johnog4sure: 11:02am On Feb 07
Zeebuy:

Someone just showed you he knows a location of one of the so-called silos, and he gave the location of one, and there's no food stored there. He also told you the exact tactics the government will use and you're still here talking nonsense.
I know the only thing you lots will do is defend the uselessness of this government, but how long will you defend the indefensible? During covid, Nigerians abroad and international organizations donated food items, remind me again what your useless government did with those items.

You claim as if you know everything about the silos, give us the location of one and provide evidence of food stored therein instead of blabbing like a geriatric donkey.

This is the nonsense y'al did during Buhari's years of wastage. Na una go kill this country

Or is this what you call "defending the govt" :

There is no such thing as reserve.

If you have not noticed that this present administration always bring temporary solution to permanent problems since it came to power, then you have comprehension problem, I don't want to go through their long list of MYOPIC policies within the last 8 months.

Now forget what they tell you. this is the real plan, they will go and buy food from the market, disguise it as from "the reserve" take pictures, do their media stunts, arrange some hungry people to come and take food, later the small gang of thieves among them will come back to carry all the food open shops then retail it back to the same "hungry people" and pocket the money.

Nigerians there are no "reserves anywhere" pls prove me wrong if you know any, the closest I know of, is that in Gwagwalada area council which is my residential LGA. they have warehouses which the local government use sometimes to provide basic things like, food, grinding machine etc. to the indigenes but I tell you even this is highly politicize and if you have money and connection you can buy off those things at relatively cheaper than market price, open a shop and retail it back. It is common knowledge here.

The real course of hunger are:
1. Insecurity. Farmers can't improve output because of herders.
2. Inflation. Earning power is low prices of food is high.

But our government we ignore the obvious but open up channels for smaller thieves to loot!
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Judolisco(m): 11:03am On Feb 07
DatNiggaDaz:
There plan is to open the Covid warehouses where they hiarded foodstuggs that were meant for those period because some of them hoarded them to sell and make profits.

Their Plans also in the coming weeks is to import food items with the loans they have been mismanagimg which will also make the Naira more useless. This " we will" we are about to" is just to buy time. They have no serious Plan that will reduce the food prices.

If they had they will take care of security that will give farmers the confident to go into farmimmg and subsidize the mechanization of farm Equipments, giving more intensives that will make more people to go into farming
d current situation we are into right now started with the removal of fuel subsidy... If they bring down d fuel price then everything will be fine
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Bfly: 11:12am On Feb 07
We no want; no be to crash price den store the food for.
every Nigerian that is consuming without producing standard product is holding the country down. We need to build the country. If we consume then we must produce. Neither do we need foreigners to produce for us.
And to Hell with present and past politicians.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by uba1991: 11:12am On Feb 07
Tinubu government is confused. Instead of providing a policy that will more production and ease cost of living.
Those grains will not even reach the people that deserve it.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by uba1991: 11:15am On Feb 07
savcy:
Commendable. But this is a short term plan. What exactly is the actual plan for the future? Since the President declared a state of emergency, it is yet to bee seen the investments made in the sector to improve it. We are tired of these psuedo-solutions. We need something enduring and lasting ooo!
no investor will come to a country without good justice system.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by jude79(m): 11:23am On Feb 07
Awolowo starved the eastern region, Nigerians clapped, today, Tinubu is starving the whole Nigeria, and protest follows, I stand with bulaba, what an achievement.[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by rexchazy(m): 11:24am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Your country has millions of tonnes of food reserves stored in silos for emergencies, and they are being released to crash food prices.

Which of the Silos, the ones they sublet to Flour Mill of Nigeria?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by RealEmilokan: 11:33am On Feb 07
Funny people.

Reserve ko, extra time ni!

It's obvious these people are confused and desperate right now. Just grasping at straw.

Too bad!!
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Zeebuy: 11:33am On Feb 07
johnog4sure:
Wetin dis one dey talk, who is defending your stupid govt, go and read my initial post...or do u have comprehension problems. Na ur type I dey puncture hin liver with my fists.

My friend, close your big mouth. See ur mouth see liver puncture.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by onyxo76(m): 11:37am On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Shut up.

The country has hundreds of silos stationed across the nation.

Silos are massive warehouses stacked with emergency food, and most countries have them.

Forum of ignorance.

did you say hundreds? how come no one ever talks about those silos particularly during this period of high food prices.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Makunahatata: 11:39am On Feb 07
Arobaga:

They should give it to Ebi Pawa people first

Nobody dey hungry for entire Rivers state

And we all know Igbos are the last to ever cry for hunger on this planet
same ppl selling their children for peanut to chop?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by soullove1881(m): 11:39am On Feb 07
Islie:
• Tinubu’s special panel swings into action

https://thenationonlineng.net/govt-to-release-food-items-from-reserves-to-crash-prices/

Funny people, they only want to enrich the rich. They will buy from govt and hoard for months then sell higher.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Pat081: 11:40am On Feb 07
kakaki123:
Make we sha win South Africa today.
will put food on your table abi??
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Mrsoft3(m): 11:44am On Feb 07
Why not address the cost of fuel and diesel which impacts on logistics?

Why not talk to the police and revenue collectors on the road disturbing truck drivers with collections here and there?

Why not address roads that are bad?

Why not set up a regulatory system for food pricing base on subsidies provided?

Why waste our time by telling us lies and still keep us in hunger when there is little effort you all need to do to produce the best result we all desire.
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by OlujobaSamuel: 11:56am On Feb 07
Chai, see Nigerians, so many no even know or believe that the country get food bank(reserve).
The economic crisis no funny at al
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by plaetton: 12:01pm On Feb 07
Rostikol:

Biggest joke this century.
Millions of tonnes of food in silos in reserve ?
You have been watching too much TV.
Even lies and humor should have a limit.

1 Like

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Tonididdyx: 12:13pm On Feb 07
iyam not understaning

You mean dey have reserve indomie and eggs and garri at govt hases?
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by kakaki123: 12:28pm On Feb 07
Pat081:
will put food on your table abi??
ejolofero

1 Like

Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by Dminister(m): 12:41pm On Feb 07
The people posting all this rubbish are also suffering o but they will post for the peanuts they are receiving from Tinubu
Re: Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices by shedy03(m): 12:41pm On Feb 07
Rostikol:

I pray ego reach the aged and weak in the villages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce / Atiku In Early Lead In These States / FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.