Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked (618 Views)

Reason Why Igbo Women Hardly Cheat In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by NLCreator: 12:17pm On Feb 07
We Igbos need to invest resources towards understanding why our women act so wicked to our (mostly underaged) domestic staff, maids, and live-in relatives. Then we need to start serious advocacy to tackle it.

This matter is now a major public health and safety concern. /1

Also, there is no way the husbands of these women (for those who are married) can claim ignorance of these atrocities.

You are either a weak man or an accessory to the act (some of them also sexually molest their underage maids) if you cannot call your wife to order. /2

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by Creamypie(m): 12:21pm On Feb 07
Na wah oh. But the wickedness is primarily targeted at female house helps
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by Arobaga: 12:28pm On Feb 07
grin
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by chatinent: 12:31pm On Feb 07
A territorial woman is like this. It has nothing to do with tribe. It happens in all tribes. Most women maltreat their househelps. Y'all always looking for a media to flush out your tribal talks. Then you'll see Dick and Tom who has been waiting for the very moment contribute to the part that encourages his sentiments!

Clearly politically sponsored! And that's where you'll see the adversaries contributing as tho they are interested in the research! Meanwhile they love to see who they hate take the fall!

Even the founder of the platform saying he is anti-tribalism was screenshotted (if true), saying he loves this! What do you love? The research or the fact that it's anti-you?

Name a crime that happens in one part of Nigeria and isn't found in another part and I'll show you why your certificate is but a paper to you.
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by chiagozien(m): 12:35pm On Feb 07
We yoruba need to also do research why many of us mind skull.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by aribisala0(m): 12:37pm On Feb 07
Very simple
Society does not view women as equals e.g they cannot inherit their father's property in general and land in particular.They have no political relevance in Umunna affairs.
They are acquired as possessions for a BRIDE PRICE and treated as such
So there is a lot of repressed anger in them.
The problem however is not limited to women. They are mothers and raise and shape the psychology of their boys who later become men.
These men are raised to have exaggerated machismo termed bravery and a tendency to act impulsively. The women also help to shape the psychology of seeking money as the primary purpose in life

There is a significant amount of ritual humiliation in their culture not just with women. That is a long subject for another day

3 Likes

Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by oglalasioux(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07
While some women in every society are generally cruel to their domestic workers, the Igbo woman takes it to a whole new level. Onitsha is the headquarters of this cruelty. I support the researcher. Something needs to be done about it.

3 Likes

Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by ChangedMan1999(m): 3:33pm On Feb 07
On point

Women of other tribes also have House helps, and it is not as if their house helps don't annoy them.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by Tjra: 3:46pm On Feb 07
ChangedMan1999:
On point

Women of other tribes also have House helps, and it is not as if their house helps don't annoy them.

Thank God the journalist is one of them.

Someone should drop her account number. Let me support the research with a token.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by We4all: 3:48pm On Feb 07
Wawu! My first memory of 'maid mistreatment' was with an Igbo couple when I was about 5 years old. The little girl lived with them and was treated worse than a slave. They will starve and beat her for no reason.

Our home became her refuge and my mom her saving grace as she would always invite her to eat with us. I was young, but deep down, I knew she was being treated unfairly. I just couldn't understand why?

One day, on a very cold morning during the harmattan season, she was stripped naked and asked to go and fetch water. It was a sorry sight as people rained abuses on her guardians. Now that I think about it, I won't be surprised to hear that the man was sexually molesting her.

Oluchi, wherever you are, I hope you turned out well. And to all the molesters, I hope you turn a new leaf. If you can't stand your maid, send them away. It's that simple!

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by ChangedMan1999(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07
Tjra:

Thank God the journalist is one of them.

Someone should drop her account number. Let me support the research with a token.

Bro abeg you fit help me with any amount

I am really starving here please
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by Jeans601: 4:13pm On Feb 07
I have one i will soon report.

This woman won't let this girl go to school on time and everyday despite sending her to a public school while her sons attend private school.q

We have running water in the compound this woman makes the girl fetch water from the next street everyday.

The girl were rags all the time and forced to take care of the madam 2 boys....imagine a 8yr old girl taking care of 2 boys.

No matter what those boys do she must not beat them, if she does nah merciless beating that day.

I gave this girl a school bag I got has a gift after seeing her carrying poly bag to school, she didn't allow her use it.. I approach the husband and It was clear the wife is the husband.

Everytime she will beat this girl and claim they are doing her favour by allowing her stay with them.

One day I will report this woman to human right and damn whatever happens after.

I wont mention her tribe but trust me your guess is right.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by yarimo(m): 5:40pm On Feb 07
grin grin
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by fyzaila: 9:21pm On Feb 07
I, on behalf of my clan second the motion
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by cococandy(f): 10:34pm On Feb 07
Stop employing children
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by jaszplus12(m): 11:25pm On Feb 07
Thing is igbos generally feel bossy love to boss the nearest person.
That said, their women are brave and quite hardworking, but once it borders on superiority levels they want to overstep the bounds given by nature.
When her husband is rich, any other person within her bracket must be below her else, strife and jealousy becomes her breakfast lunch and dinner...
The service of being a master over someone who's financial or social status isn't up to thiers is an avenue to express it physically on the poor service provider!
My memories have never failed me recalling how helps are maltreated and abused!
Even among siblings it happens! A younger sibling serving her elder sister who's nursing a baby will not even exempt from the angry jabs and stabs and starvation.
I lived with these people for so long and I'm sure I know what goes on!!
It's a really nasty situation
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by Karleb(m): 12:22am On Feb 08
I would love to know why igbo women are attracted to feminism whereas, it's their men that do the most in the place of love.
Re: Journalist Solicits Funds To Research Why Igbo Women Are Wicked by Karleb(m): 12:24am On Feb 08
Jeans601:
I have one i will soon report.

This woman won't let this girl go to school on time and everyday despite sending her to a public school while her sons attend private school.q

We have running water in the compound this woman makes the girl fetch water from the next street everyday.

The girl were rags all the time and forced to take care of the madam 2 boys....imagine a 8yr old girl taking care of 2 boys.

No matter what those boys do she must not beat them, if she does nah merciless beating that day.

I gave this girl a school bag I got has a gift after seeing her carrying poly bag to school, she didn't allow her use it.. I approach the husband and It was clear the wife is the husband.

Everytime she will beat this girl and claim they are doing her favour by allowing her stay with them.

One day I will report this woman to human right and damn whatever happens after.

I wont mention her tribe but trust me your guess is right.

Don't wait for one day, report her right away.

(1) (Reply)

the unspoken -Women / Teach Ur Children The Way U Want Them To Grow! / A Corporate Maid,,guard,,cook And Gardener Need Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.