Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles (20881 Views)

Nigeria-Ghana Jollof War: See Troost-Ekong's Reaction To Super Eagles' Victory / Nigerians React To Super Eagles 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia / How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Yeancahmie007(m): 3:02pm On Feb 07
Are they also hungry?
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by AskNgige2: 3:02pm On Feb 07
Fineman2:
Good, it will boost their morale

Nonsense

Boost rubbish

Is this more important than the economy they should try to boost?

Pple are dying and they are here playing campaign booster ahead

1 Like

Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Saao(m): 3:03pm On Feb 07
Arobaga:
Misplaced priorities

Governors owing pensions and salaries

Gifting N200 million to already made millionaires

While their party members are shouting Ebi pawa ooo up and down
beyond what you said, that gift maybe bad luck. I reject on their behalf in Jesus name. Amen
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Jayhome24: 3:03pm On Feb 07
Arobaga:
Misplaced priorities

Governors owing pensions and salaries

Gifting N200 million to already made millionaires

While their party members are shouting Ebi pawa ooo up and down

But I think the Super Eagle needs some encouragement though I understand your point but on this AFCON I think it's not too bad what the governors did.

My opinion though...
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Omenlon: 3:03pm On Feb 07
emkz:
Did the players tell them they lack funds?

Their salaries were paid by Tinubu including backlogs.

State governors should mind their states and look after their people. NFF is already a federal institution.

The funds they just wasted can be used to support local vigilante and police.

Our people need to start asking the governors what they are doing with our money.
all politician are the same, they only think of the next election not the people. Peter Obi who never did any meaningful thing in the area of sports in Anambra State while in power is now shinning his teeth amongst fans in the stadium. Useless people.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by kiltoko1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07
Why not say Nigeria government donated, so they wanted to divide us also in football? Everything politics
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Nmezor(f): 3:05pm On Feb 07
Its not necessary now, that money would HV gone a long way in helping the masses...showing of things
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Promax4321: 3:09pm On Feb 07
Do they care for those who voted for them, 200M is not up to 200,000usd which aover 20 governors contributed, ie less than 10k USD per governor.

They should do the needful, so far the monies is from their salaries. All should support the present eagle as they conscientious and willing to work for the glory of the country.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by OgaRico(m): 3:09pm On Feb 07
This money donation na from Party budget or their various State budget or na from looted funds?

If na looted funds, then make we better comot mind from Eagles winning o.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 3:10pm On Feb 07
Useless APC Governor s how can this solve our problems

1 Like

Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by pappilo(m): 3:13pm On Feb 07
Dumb shit. Rach player will get about $5k at most. Those players dont need the extra $5k. The money would have been better spent on the constituents that elected them. Another N200m chasing scarce dollars.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Bluntemperor: 3:15pm On Feb 07
Fineman2:

A Big Boost for the Eagles to Win This Cup.
We thank the Legislature in Red Chamber for their magnanimity!
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by TheBillyonaire: 3:16pm On Feb 07
Just 200m?

A billion naira is less than a million dollars. We need more donations for the boys.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by badoh(m): 3:17pm On Feb 07
If our laws are effective and not selective, each of these governors would find themselves explaining if the donation is from their pocket or public funds. These people will just dip their hand into state Treasury and spend public funds because no one can check their excesses.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07
Well done to the Governors
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Elidrisy20: 3:18pm On Feb 07
Feed the masses
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Basicend: 3:20pm On Feb 07
Angelfrost:
Have they paid salaries including minimum wage to their workers?!!

I hope none of their states is among those protesting suffering and hunger?!!

Eye service is bad enough, but using scarce resources or state funds to show off is the height of stupidity and insensitivity.

I tell you, bros.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by arantess: 3:24pm On Feb 07
Fineman2:
Come on!!
Many haven't paid salaries, pensions and stuff...are you guys ok?

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Salubata(m): 3:26pm On Feb 07
Very unreasonable lots.

Is that what they're voted for in their respective States

1 Like

Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by SMARTMOTORS(m): 3:27pm On Feb 07
Those boys dey see that money every 2weeks for their respective leagues.... insecurity is alarming in this country oo! Hunger dey!! Unemployment yaakpaa!! Oga Governors abeg!!
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Cmanforall: 3:28pm On Feb 07
chisomkachy:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0VA6u3xNoCb4XPAhVNLpZeQ75RujeXf6m2NQ4XPBnXkMmYhYepWsj43BnkvWxYb6Jl&id=100054523613443&mibextid=Nif5oz

How necessary is this?

Yes, they deserve encouragement, but most if the players are living comfortably abroad, as it can be seen that all are foreignbased players.

Can't the 200m be useful to impact ofln sports locally?
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Hausa(m): 3:29pm On Feb 07
When I first saw this, I was surprised and worried at the same time.
Is it a good gesture? Of course, it is.
But look at the country at the moment.
Other sport sectors don't even get such financial gestures like this.
Is it because we all like football?

Or perhaps, the funds is not going to players alone but the Supporters Club and other crew people?

Be that as it may, I'm happy to see that a larger percentage of the comments are lamenting exactly what I had in mind.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Hausa(m): 3:29pm On Feb 07
SMARTMOTORS:
Those boys dey see that money every 2weeks for their respective leagues.... insecurity is alarming in this country oo! Hunger dey!! Unemployment yaakpaa!! Oga Governors abeg!!
Every week.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Basicend: 3:31pm On Feb 07
SoNature:
N200 million used to be a lot of money until Buhari and Tinubu happened to Nigeria undecided

True.

It cant build a house for even 1 person out of them in Ikeja GRA now, not to talk of Lekki or VI or Abuja mainland areas.
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Menclothing: 3:32pm On Feb 07
Nice gesture

Private company’s should gift them after they win today
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by saysoo: 3:33pm On Feb 07
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Diligence: 3:35pm On Feb 07
Dem for don encourage/partner with Private businesses to do this nah! Who dey advise these APC governors?

E be like say these governors no care wetin dey ground so for common masses. No be this kind news suppose to dey come out of their mouths nah!
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Blazetrailer: 3:37pm On Feb 07
Nigeria is gone for good....misplaced priorities....im sure there are people at the government hospitals at the point of death that this money could save their lives by equipping the hospitals with necessary life saving equipment and drugs...one guy lamented the other day on social media that his mum died after 6 hours of no attention at a government hospital in Lagos while waiting for oxygen . The hospital claimed they did not have oxygen. It is finished.
I hope Nigeria does not qualify for the finals otherwise it will be another jamboree visit for these useless politicians...all of them will travel to abidjan with large entourage at taxpayers expense
Re: AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles by Honestey: 3:37pm On Feb 07
I expect 200m goals today then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Vs Dillian Whyte: Heavyweight Boxing Fight. 23 April 2022 Wembley / Yaya Toure Has Retired From Football - Agent / The Worst Super Eagle Player Of All Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.