Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Work Trials In Tech Companies Abroad - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Work Trials In Tech Companies Abroad (183 Views)

Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. / Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Work Trials In Tech Companies Abroad by sensepad: 11:53pm On Feb 07
Hello,

How do developers cope after spending time and efforts to learn their skills without getting jobs? Do you guys get jobs at all?
Well, I'm thinking of trying to connect tech guys from Nigeria/ Africa with companies in Europe for work trials.

How it works
Tech guys can apply for unpaid work trial listed by tech companies. If the companies are satisfied with your competence, they might offer you a tip or a gig. I see this as a solution to stagnation because Europe also have their own tech guys and they will employ them before any outsider especially before a Nigerian.

Benefits
1. Giving a few hours of your time could fetch you few bucks or better still a Gig.
2. This can also count as part of your work experience.
3. Your chances of getting a remote job increase.
4. your competence improves

I need your opinion and feedback on this. What do you think guys?
Awaiting replies

Re: Work Trials In Tech Companies Abroad by ovanda(m): 9:56am On Feb 08
I am interested in this. I am still learning pern stack but i am very good with Java j2se
Re: Work Trials In Tech Companies Abroad by Systemsmerchant: 11:16am On Feb 08
Good idea
sensepad:

Hello,

How do developers cope after spending time and efforts to learn their skills without getting jobs? Do you guys get jobs at all?
Well, I'm thinking of trying to connect tech guys from Nigeria/ Africa with companies in Europe for work trials.

How it works
Tech guys can apply for unpaid work trial listed by tech companies. If the companies are satisfied with your competence, they might offer you a tip or a gig. I see this as a solution to stagnation because Europe also have their own tech guys and they will employ them before any outsider especially before a Nigerian.

Benefits
1. Giving a few hours of your time could fetch you few bucks or better still a Gig.
2. This can also count as part of your work experience.
3. Your chances of getting a remote job increase.
4. your competence improves

I need your opinion and feedback on this. What do you think guys?
Awaiting replies

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Build An Automated Trading Bot With Python / Cbt Software For Secondary And Primary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.