Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? (14012 Views)

I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / How Do I Get My Wife And Kid Back? I Really Love Her So Much / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by advanceDNA: 1:57pm On Feb 09
MisterBanny:
I always kept wondering about this. I have seen many homes break as a result of marrying a woman who despises her In-laws,

Dey Play....

As if u don't know women....Women that can marry men they don't love, man they don't even know , just because they want to tick marriage of their todo list.... U are now talking about inlaws... Hahahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Ishilove: 1:59pm On Feb 09
Tallesty1:
Everyone except the husband?
I don't know about everyone, but if they are giving the wife negative energy, she is at liberty to use her discretion when she is relating with them.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by mobileboy: 1:59pm On Feb 09
MisterBanny:

Women are always the initiators of this family issues

trust me you are 100% wrong

some mothers/sister in law are the devil incarnate

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 2:06pm On Feb 09
Dancebreaker:

By African culture, you are married into a new family.

In SW and SS, a traditional wife will call all her in-laws, boys, girls, old and you "my husband".

We first need to define how we want it. To be African or Westerners. We must decide.

@ MisterBanny

The truth is, a woman only loves her kids. The hubby is the vehicle to achieve her plans and tick the married box.
Remember that a woman marries the guy who seeks her out (at least the guy likes her enough to pick her), not the guy she would have liked. Yes, she can refuse but genuine and serious options are limited.

Hubby's family are by and large background noise and nuisance to most women. To avoid if possible.

A wise lady knows that a guy loves his parents, so he treats her in-laws right to please him. That's it.

You've spoken well
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by tfelicityk(m): 2:07pm On Feb 09
This is a rhetoric questions... Every individual is entitled to their own opinion.
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Lovit(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09
It is possible.

The man in the picture has a lot of work to do. if you find out your wife and family members are not in good terms, try and mediate to create a good relationship between them. Talk to your wife on the need to accommodate family and warn your family members not to interfere with your marriage.

If you as man sits like it doesn't concern you, one day the marriage may be broken. Moreover families should let their son be once he is married, yes he can help but everyone should face their front.

The wife must also not be selfish, some wives are just selfish and troublesome!

Above all, hustle well. when better money dey and both wife and family dey get their rations as expected, quarrel nor dey follow

Also make sure you write your WILL once your are 40 and above. E dey help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by FashionCapital(m): 2:18pm On Feb 09
Klass99:

To give you back hand slap through my phone dey sweet me ehn.......too bad I can't do it. Let me try and break it down for you as best as I can. Women have an innate gift called female intuition, we c and often behaved any how in your father's house. But somehow you still manage to spin it around as being the woman's fault.

"When the the man dies" such myopic example ..

You wan shield man from family wey dey for am through thick and thin...

You say woman dey reason far and see wetin man no fit see grin wahala , most woman wey dey act on instinct...... He gat how your banny go yearn like diz wey you go just shake head but some guys too no get Sha, like d one wey dey ask for your number...

Na because your submission dey one sided I tackle am , few sense self dey am but dust cover am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Shikena(m): 2:38pm On Feb 09
Hard truths:

1 - For most women, marriage is primarily about security (physical, financial, emotional etc). Love is secondary & mere tool/means to support the main objective.

2 - The main issues are often about control. This changes the concept of family for most people. The scope of control defines the level of security. The larger family complicates this for the woman.

3 - The woman knows the family is aware that a wife could later become another person's wife but your father, mother, brother, and sister are forever.

4 - The key is to embrace and love the family. Do not put your mouth in key decisions. There are ways to influence your husband in the bedroom, never let your ego drive you to do this openly. Be wise.

5 - The larger family will always have the back of a good and trusted wife, don't let Nollywood or your mother's stories deceive you. The hidden truth may shock you.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Teema4720(f): 2:46pm On Feb 09
MisterBanny:
I always kept wondering about this. I have seen many homes break as a result of marrying a woman who despises her In-laws, and treats them with levity and disdain, yet claims to love her husband genuinely.
A once happy family could be in total disarray immediately some women get into that family.
Personally, I think if u love your husband, such love should be extended to every member of his nuclear and extended family members and same goes to the Man. I believe that genuine LOVE is infectious and contagious. I have seen a lot happening In today's marriages that I'm already scared of getting married. People can pretend throughout the dating and courting period, but immediately after the wedding, the beast and monster in them begin to Manifest. It's scary.

Almost all married woman are guilty of this. But the men almost do not have any issue with Loving their wive's families.
It even gets to the ugly point that, the wife makes a decree that no menmber of the man's family must ever visit them to stay for more than a day or two.
MisterBanny pls keep quiet if you don't know what to type.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by VULCAN(m): 2:48pm On Feb 09
This is yet another clear reminder that very few woman are capable of logical thought.

A man emanates from his family.

Whatever he is before marriage, part of it emanates from the family where he came from.

The woman saw him relating with his family and such started decades before she came on the scene.

So a woman claiming she loves a man while hating his family is delusional.

When you try to reverse this- you obviously see how stupid that turns out to be.

A wife is a stranger that a man brings into a family. She may have a completely different orientation from that of the family. Whether for good or for bad is secondary.

The woman is just knowing the man and cannot claim she knew him longer than his parents or siblings.

So the onus is more on her to connect with the family she is marrying into just like it is the responsibility of the man to connect with his in-laws as he has come as a stranger.

So therefore your question doesn't make much sense as my love for my brother may not extend to his wife if as a stranger she refuses to integrate into her new extended family

Juliearth:
Can a family love their son and not extend same to the wife?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Kelvin3476: 2:57pm On Feb 09
MisterBanny:
I always kept wondering about this. I have seen many homes break as a result of marrying a woman who despises her In-laws, and treats them with levity and disdain, yet claims to love her husband genuinely.
A once happy family could be in total disarray immediately some women get into that family.
Personally, I think if u love your husband, such love should be extended to every member of his nuclear and extended family members and same goes to the Man. I believe that genuine LOVE is infectious and contagious. I have seen a lot happening In today's marriages that I'm already scared of getting married. People can pretend throughout the dating and courting period, but immediately after the wedding, the beast and monster in them begin to Manifest. It's scary.

Almost all married woman are guilty of this. But the men almost do not have any issue with Loving their wive's families.
It even gets to the ugly point that, the wife makes a decree that no menmber of the man's family must ever visit them to stay for more than a day or two.
No
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 3:03pm On Feb 09
Teema4720:

MisterBanny pls keep quiet if you don't know what to type.

You're just showing how mannerless and uncultured you are. So, of all the things I wrote up there, this is the only part u were able to read and respond to? Pls be civil and decorous next time. I believe you're among such women that's why u only had to react to that part.
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by baby124: 3:16pm On Feb 09
VULCAN:
This is yet another clear reminder that very few woman are capable of logical thought.

Whatever he is before marriage, part of it emanates from the family where he came from.

The woman saw him relating with his family and such started decades before she came on the scene.

When you try to reverse this- you obviously see how stupid that turns out to be.

A wife is a stranger that a man brings into a family. She may have a completely different orientation from that of the family. Whether for good or for bad is secondary.

The woman is just knowing the man and cannot claim she knew him longer than his parents or siblings.

So the onus is more on her to connect with the family she is marrying into just like it is the responsibility of the man to connect with his in-laws as he has come as a stranger.

So therefore your question doesn't make much sense as my love for my brother may not extend to his wife if as a stranger she refuses to integrate into her new extended family

When you asked your wife to marry you, did you pour all this out? Please do before proposing to any woman. When you want to marry, you say marry me! Not marry my family members. She’s there for you otherwise she would not be affiliated with your family.

Stranger indeed. Why not ask your mother and sister to give birth to your kids, cook and nurture your family to old age. If they try it, even you go japa as the kids will not be normal and the drama go make life tire you. Keep yarning and believing dust there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Greystone: 3:43pm On Feb 09
Cassandraloius:
It's very possible, cos most women tend to change after marriage, they will unveil their true colors.

Sometimes the in-laws tend to give her that negative energy and she returns it back with full force.😂

Hmmmm....
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by theredaddy: 3:57pm On Feb 09
pocohantas:

I wonder why they are always obsessed with the woman loving his family when majority of Nigerian men do not call their in-laws in 500 years.

There was a thread saying your wife's family are not your "friends". You should have seen the comments from our resident males.

Asides love & care whatelse can a woman bring into Man's house/family

seems women no just get mind to contribute anything inside marriage, na everything dey hard dem undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Jeans601: 4:08pm On Feb 09
Klass99:

To give you back hand slap through my phone dey sweet me ehn.......too bad I can't do it. Let me try and break it down for you as best as I can. Women have an innate gift called female intuition, we can sense and see things from miles away that men are usually unable to sense or see.

We can often see the selfish and entitled mentality of your siblings/relatives, where most only know how to take and receive, never giving back anything in return. They are essentially parasitic in nature like that insect that gums itself to a dog's skin, sucking the blood out of it, then it falls off when it is full.

Once a man is rich or doing well his relatives buzz around him like bees to honey, they don't want to work or make a success of their own lives, in their shallow minds, their brother has money na so he should help them. That is when they carry blood is thicker than water on their heads like die! Let that same man fall critically ill, you will see all those siblings/relatives disappear into thin air, abandoning him to his wife and kids alone, to be taken care of. If the man is lucky they may visit him once or twice in the hospital.

The question I always ask is this - are your relatives' hands broken or are their brains malfunctioning that they cannot strive to make something of their own lives? Must they gum body to the one successful relative in the family for their existence and survival? There is nothing wrong with helping out your relatives, but when you carry their matter on your head like gala, you repeatedly allow them take advantage of you or disrespect your wife, and your wife and kids suffer, there is everything wrong with you and your relatives.

Women tend to see these things and when we try to shield you as wives from the parasitic pack of wolves you call family, you claim we hate your relatives and we are the ones causing division amongst you. No sir, it is not us but rather your selfish relatives who want to constantly use you as a meal ticket in this life, not caring if you have a new family of your own to take care of.

And when you die they all disappear not caring if you have kids who may need help in your perpetual absence due to death. They don't remember that blood is thicker than water, and they ought to help your children oooo. Why is this even a topic of discussion in 2024? Most of you (men) grew up in households like the one I described, where you saw your father's relatives disrespect him and your mothers, they took advantage and often behaved any how in your father's house. But somehow you still manage to spin it around as being the woman's fault.

I respond to you with a thread on this your total bias submission.

I will quote you on it.
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by baby124: 4:08pm On Feb 09
theredaddy:

Asides love & care whatelse can a woman bring into Man's house/family

seems women no just get mind to contribute anything inside marriage, na everything dey hard dem undecided undecided

Wetin your mama contribute to marriage and the world? Dem suppose ask since she be stranger for your family too. Una go just talk anyhow without reason. SMH. De think before you talk abeg. Stop disgracing yourself outside.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by noob03saibot(m): 4:14pm On Feb 09
Dancebreaker:

By African culture, you are married into a new family.

In SW and SS, a traditional wife will call all her in-laws, boys, girls, old and young "my husband".

We first need to define how we want it. To be Africans or Westerners. We must decide.

@ MisterBanny

The truth is, a woman only loves her kids. The hubby is the vehicle to achieve her plans and tick the married box.

Remember that a woman marries the guy who seeks her out (at least the guy likes her enough to pick her), not the guy she would have liked. Yes, she can refuse but genuine and serious options are limited. So marrying a man does not mean she loves him. More men love their wives than the reverse. Doing wifely duties as custom demands is not equal to love.

Hubby's family members are by and large mere background noise and nuisance to most women. To avoid, if possible.

A wise lady knows that a guy loves his parents, so she treats her in-laws right to please him. That's it.
Realest comment I have read this year. So true

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Juliearth(f): 4:18pm On Feb 09
VULCAN:

Your point of view is valid and I accede 100 percent (I wont take to heart your first paragraph).

My thought however, is borne out of the possibility of the wife trying her best to fit in and take her new-found family as hers, yet gets condemned and rejected unjustly by her in-laws. It is easier to love your in-laws when they are willing to accept you. I know you dont live in Lalaland. Thus, you may have heard or seen certain members of a family frustrate their daughter in-laws/sister in-laws. How can love thrive under such toxicity?

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by TGM2015: 4:21pm On Feb 09
MisterBanny:

It depends. If the husband loves his family, it is impossible but if the husband did not have much interest or respect for his family, it will be a less difficult thing.

The basic principle here is, you cannot say you love a thing/person without getting yourself to love or put up with what that thing/person loves.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by theredaddy: 4:36pm On Feb 09
baby124:

Wetin your mama contribute to marriage and the world? Dem suppose ask since she be stranger for your family too. Una go just talk anyhow without reason. SMH. De think before you talk abeg. Stop disgracing yourself outside.

I love that question, My mother brought love & care into my father's house

asides my dad lil sister, their is no one in my father house that does not adore my mom,

my mother can use food n kill you grin anybody sef

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by nigmarelli(m): 4:47pm On Feb 09
Klass99:

+234 819 999 9999

Una two. I want believe say na fake number she give you so o!
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by baby124: 4:48pm On Feb 09
theredaddy:

I love that question, My mother brought love & care into my father's house

asides my dad lil sister, their is no one in my father house that does not adore my mom,

my mother can use food n kill you grin anybody sef
When you born your own son too, open mouth ask am wetin your wife, him mama bring to the table if he no deal with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by 9jausedauto: 5:00pm On Feb 09
Yes she can, have you met my family
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by yinkeys(m): 5:13pm On Feb 09
As a man
You better forget about love and pick a woman that’s worthy and possesses the non negotiable traits you’re looking for

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by theredaddy: 5:22pm On Feb 09
baby124:

When you born your own son too, open mouth ask am wetin your wife, him mama bring to the table if he no deal with you.

why body dey pepper you, if you know you carry value you won't feel these agitated ...

Money una no get, Just bring care & love una go still dey nag ... thunder kill ya there
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by theredaddy: 5:31pm On Feb 09
Juliearth:

Your point of view is valid and I accede 100 percent (I wont take to heart your first paragraph).

My thought however, is borne out of the possibility of the wife trying her best to fit in and take her new-found family as hers, yet gets condemned and rejected unjustly by her in-laws. It is easier to love your in-laws when they are willing to accept you. I know you dont live in Lalaland. Thus, you may have heard or seen certain members of a family frustrate their daughter in-laws/sister in-laws. How can love thrive under such toxicity?

You just being Bias, why make it all look as though the problem can only come from the inlaws,

Is it a known fact that women are territorial, most of my married friends we hardly meet in each others house sef ... cos women are just something else when it comes to space

How many of ladies we have now even have home training not to talk of respecting anybody
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by baby124: 5:32pm On Feb 09
theredaddy:

why body dey pepper you, if you know you carry value you won't feel these agitated ...

Money una no get, Just bring care & love una go still dey nag ... thunder kill ya there
Na your mama no get all these things na why you fit open mouth talk to and about women anyhow. Small rat like you. Make thunder faya your mama for giving birth to you. Idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by theredaddy: 5:45pm On Feb 09
baby124:

Na your mama no get all these things na why you fit open mouth talk to and about women anyhow. Small rat like you. Make thunder faya your mama for giving birth to you. Idiot

i should have known it is that time of the month cheesy grin

sha no enter market with this mood undecided
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Juliearth(f): 5:56pm On Feb 09
theredaddy:

You just being Bias, why make it all look as though the problem can only come from the inlaws,

Is it a known fact that women are territorial, most of my married friends we hardly meet in each others house sef ... cos women are just something else when it comes to space

How many of ladies we have now even have home training not to talk of respecting anybody

I penned down one out of many possibilities. Feel free to do likewise. But then again, this argument is baseless. In the eyes of a mediocre Nigerian man, all women are monsters. So let's simply leave it at that. I do not like to argue for long.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by ayodeji84: 6:01pm On Feb 09
Some families are evil. They don't even love their own son let alone daughter-in-laws..

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Klass99(f): 6:04pm On Feb 09

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know / Oyindamola Bakare Is Missing / Am I Extravagant With N80K And Above Monthly Spending?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.