Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa (39064 Views)

Cairo Ojougboh Was A Courageous, Outspoken Personality - Ibori / Cairo Ojougboh: We Gave Indigenes N340m To Help Inspectors Identify Projects / NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51am On Feb 08
BREAKING: Ex-President Jonathan's Former Aide, Ojuogboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa

February 8, 2024

Cairo Ojougboh, a former Presidential Adviser on National Assembly Matters to former President Goodluck Jonathan, has reportedly died, SaharaReporters has learnt.

A family source confirmed the death to SaharaReporters and added that his corpse had been taken to the mortuary.

Ojuogboh, a former House Of Representatives member who represented Ika Federal Constituency between 2003 and 2007 reportedly slumped and died during the penalty shootout between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and Bafana Bafana of South Africa on Wednesday, in the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).

He was also the immediate past Director of Projects on the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

The former lawmaker was born on September 8, 1959 in the Ika South Local Government Area of Delta State.

He was a medical doctor and the Chairman and Founder of Ojougboh Foundation.

The former lawmaker was a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former governorship aspirant.

SaharaReporters

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Massiveglory: 9:53am On Feb 08
Condolences to the ojuogboh family.

I remember he was one the greatest seller of the greatest disaster in the history of Nigeria called tinubu.

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Solowise0814: 9:55am On Feb 08
Nigeria match isn't for the weak
Nigeria Election isn't for the saint
Nigeria marriage isn't for the poor
Meanwhile Peter Obi and Osibanjo must watch Nigeria vs Ivory coast match on Sunday for easy Victory 💓

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by NOwazobia: 9:59am On Feb 08
Fawk! na tension kill am so.

The tension reveals subconsciously how the people hold this country close to their heart.

The tension was strong yesterday.

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by SoNature(m): 9:59am On Feb 08
God called him when He wanted his spirit; his death has nothing to do with the game. RIP to the deceased and may God give the bereaved family the fortitude to bear their irreparable loss, amen.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by santopelele(m): 9:59am On Feb 08
So sad he died for the love of the super eagles. He shall be remembered , his name shall be written on the golden cup of the super eagles on Sunday when they will lift the cup.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by GanagiBitrus: 10:00am On Feb 08
RIP to him.

Pls once you notice yourself unusually tensed up watching S/Eagles, just switch to Cartoon Network or comedy, etc.

After the match, you can comfortably relax with a bottle of wine & watch the replay.

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by datola: 10:00am On Feb 08
Death because of football

So sad

1 Like

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Akeem79(m): 10:00am On Feb 08
🙏

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:00am On Feb 08
The tension during yesterday's match was something else.
I had to stop watching the game before the Eagles scored.
May he Rest In Peace.

Thank you Nwabali.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Angelfrost(m): 10:00am On Feb 08
Sad news...!

To watch Super Eagles, Man United and Chelsea currently, you have to have a very healthy heart... No jokes.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by RickyJesus: 10:00am On Feb 08
SoNature:
God called him when He wanted his spirit; his death has nothing to do with the game. RIP to the deceased and may God give the bereaved family the fortitude to bear their irreparable loss, amen.
How did you know it has nothing to do with the game? Are you his doctor?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by obailala(m): 10:01am On Feb 08
SoNature:
You can't be so sure of the bolded. The way my heart kept pounding throughout that game, especially during the shootouts, a person with an underlying heart condition could get in trouble.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Haydens: 10:01am On Feb 08
Ok.

Shebi he no follow loot our money ?

2 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by ugodson(m): 10:01am On Feb 08
Women should respect us after watching our favorite club teams play.E NO EASY

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by ggood: 10:01am On Feb 08
Hippentension

2 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Matrix137(m): 10:01am On Feb 08
RIP Sir

This is Soo sad cry cry

1 Like

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Elzazzi: 10:01am On Feb 08
shocked
I don’t think this has something to do with the game. Maybe he had some underlying health issues. May God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

4 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by bigdammyj: 10:01am On Feb 08
R.I.P to him.

1 Like

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by lwisee: 10:02am On Feb 08
Ha

This must be due to underlying ailment

3 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Lance008(m): 10:02am On Feb 08
To be honest if u know say u be hypersensitive patient no watch Nigeria match

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Lyricalz01: 10:02am On Feb 08
Rip

2 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Enemyofpeace: 10:02am On Feb 08
South Africa wicked o. RIP to the disease

I was wondering if it’s ok to finally invoice my kids for all the expenses incurred when I subscribed to being their mother?

2 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by AMAUCHESKY(m): 10:02am On Feb 08
did play live bet before the shootout?
funny enough,after new year resolution you are back again struggling with same addiction... I can help you out via my signature

2 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by inoki247: 10:02am On Feb 08
High BP...

Nigeria match no be wetin person dey watch if him health no complete even monitoring Tru livescore ur heart go still dey skip...

If u wan come die finish book dem for ticket join double death.....

10 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Eteka1(m): 10:03am On Feb 08
Even me that doesn't have any ailments experienced a lot of tension while watching the match. RIP to him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Obviouslyblunt: 10:03am On Feb 08
HBP is real. Stay away from things that trigger that if you know you are a potential candidate.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Juliearth(f): 10:03am On Feb 08
RIP! Yesterday's game was not for the faint-hearted. I low-key suffered a panic attack and had to disengage. My head still hurts.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:03am On Feb 08
The shock no be here.

I de use one eye de watch the penalty.

Even Nwabali wey be keeper, our first penalty wey Ekong shoot, him no even watch am

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by OgaTheTop2: 10:03am On Feb 08
Hypertension....

3 Likes

Re: Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa by Pistolx(m): 10:03am On Feb 08
I couldn’t bear the match tension yesterday, I locked myself in the room only came out when I heard people celebrating outside

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Governor Wike Appreciates Tacha For Mentioning Him In Her Presentation / I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare / APC Tweet About Linda Ikpeazu 'Pretty Female' That Set Twitter On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.