Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,017 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals (1018 Views)

Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa / Emefiele 's Policy Claims The Life Of Lasu Deputy Bursar At Wema Bank Atm Point / Photo of Buhari Watching Super Eagles Vs Burundi Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by ogododo: 1:56pm On Feb 08
The Deputy Bursar of Kwara State University Malete, Alhaji Ayuba Abdullahi, on Wednesday night, died while watching the semi-finals between Nigeria and South Africa in the ongoing AFCON.

Nigeria won the match against South Africa by 4-2 goals on penalties after regulation and extra time ended 1-1.

Sources close to the deceased but who spoke on condition of anonymity said Abdullahi went to a sports centre in the Sango area before he started feeling uneasy.

One of the sources said, “The Deputy Bursar watched the Nigeria/South Africa match from the beginning till the end of the extra time, till it was time for a penalty kick.

“He complained that he was feeling dizzy, so he said he needed to go back home and rest not knowing that his BP had gone up.

“On getting home, he collapsed and was rushed to a private hospital in Sango and he was referred to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital and before he could be attended to, he died.

“He was buried on Thursday morning according to Islamic rites.”

The university’s Director of Information, Dr Saedat Aliyu, confirmed Abdullahi’s death.

Aliyu, however, stated that the cause of death was yet to be ascertained by the management of the university.

“Yes, he died last night. He was hale and hearty and was full of life on Wednesday at his office. May Almighty Allah grant him Aljanah Firdaus” she said

A statement by the university said, “This is to announce the death of Mr. Ayuba Olaitan Abdullahi of the Bursary Department.

“Janazah will be held this morning, and his remains will be interred at the Hausa Muslim cemetery, Apata Yakuba, Oyun area, Ilorin, at 9 am.”

Also, a former federal lawmaker in Delta State, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, died while watching the Eagles’ match..

A source close to the politician said, “Cairo Ojougboh, a medical doctor died during the Nigeria vs.South Africa match.

“The incident happened when the penalty was awarded against Nigeria. Dr Ojougboh was said to have shouted and slumped due to a massive heart attack when SA scored.”

In the same vein, a member of the National Youth Service Corps serving in Adamawa State also reportedly died during the game.

The corps member identified only as Samuel from Kaduna State, allegedly passed away just before the final kick which secured Nigeria’s win in the match, The Nation reports.

https://punchng.com/kwara-varsity-deputy-bursar-dies-watching-super-eagles-afcon-semi-finals/?amp
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Omihanifa: 2:00pm On Feb 08
This one way people dey die like this, you sure say people go gree watch final so? undecided

Match way claim nysc corper
Match way claim Cairo ojuigbo
Match way claim deputy burser

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by richiemcgold: 2:01pm On Feb 08

Na wa o. Me sef make I just say na luck I get yesterday.

The way my heart they do me during that match, e be like say e wan fail. I never felt like that before in my life. My heart come dey beat so fast and loud. E dey do like ji-gbi-ji-gbi, gbi-gbi-gbi! I no fit stand, I no fit siddon; I was seriously on edge throughout the penalty shootout. Yet I no wan commot my eyes for TV. I can't believe say I still get passion for Nigeria like dis o. The thing surprise me.

sharpwriter:

Did you bet? grin

I no dey do anything betting or gambling o. No be my way at all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by ogododo: 2:01pm On Feb 08
How many people kpai for our victory?

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Jflex07(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08
Naija football dey carry excess tension..

1 Like

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Jflex07(m): 2:03pm On Feb 08
Honestly, no be small tension yesterday... Na why I no even watch the pk..omo
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Arobaga: 2:06pm On Feb 08
I no dey ever watch football

But you see this one I watched last night Omo I carry my heart for my hand watch am

I’ll never watch national football again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by ytdivine(m): 2:08pm On Feb 08
Rest in peace.
Please don't watch football if you're not strong hearted

1 Like

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by DohFahSo: 2:09pm On Feb 08
Wahala
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by slivertongue: 2:09pm On Feb 08
avoid football if you are hypertensive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Nicepoker(m): 2:54pm On Feb 08
South Africa why. I consider football as a joke seeing funny grown up people running after an inanimate object.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by EducasionMe(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08
Was washing futuball make feple dieing, why were our feple die
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Maize247(f): 3:10pm On Feb 08
I was watching the match while drinking a popular energy drink with a friend and something bad nearly happen towards the end of the game. Pls don't ever watch Nigeria match with any kind of energy drink. The match was full of tension

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Racoon(m): 3:28pm On Feb 08
This is terrible mehn. This AFCON is the only thing keep and giving many Nigerians some degree of consolation from the myriads of problems and hardship currently plaguing this nation @ present. God please have mercy.
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by sharpwriter(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08
richiemcgold:

Na wa o. Me sef make I just say na luck I get yesterday.

The way my heart they do me during that match, e be like say e wan fail. I never felt like that in my life. My heart come dey beat so fast and loud. E dey do like ji-gbi-ji-gbi, gbi-gbi-gbi! I no fit stand, I no fit siddon; I was seriously on edge throughout the penalty shootout. Yet I no wan commot my eyes for TV. I can't believe it say I still get passion for Nigeria like dis o. The thing surprise me.
Did you bet? grin
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by kokoA(m): 3:45pm On Feb 08
It would have been me last night. Thank God he kept me, Super Eagles matches shouldn't be free for all to watch honestly, when Aina lost that penalty I couldn't feel my legs again, I just fell on the chair while panting, only me knew what I saw. Na so I come quiet all through even after we won.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Truths9ja: 3:52pm On Feb 08
ogododo:
The Deputy Bursar of Kwara State University Malete, Alhaji Ayuba Abdullahi, on Wednesday night, died while watching the semi-finals between Nigeria and South Africa in the ongoing AFCON.

Nigeria won the match against South Africa by 4-2 goals on penalties after regulation and extra time ended 1-1.

Sources close to the deceased but who spoke on condition of anonymity said Abdullahi went to a sports centre in the Sango area before he started feeling uneasy.

One of the sources said, “The Deputy Bursar watched the Nigeria/South Africa match from the beginning till the end of the extra time, till it was time for a penalty kick.

“He complained that he was feeling dizzy, so he said he needed to go back home and rest not knowing that his BP had gone up.

“On getting home, he collapsed and was rushed to a private hospital in Sango and he was referred to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital and before he could be attended to, he died.

“He was buried on Thursday morning according to Islamic rites.”

The university’s Director of Information, Dr Saedat Aliyu, confirmed Abdullahi’s death.

Aliyu, however, stated that the cause of death was yet to be ascertained by the management of the university.

“Yes, he died last night. He was hale and hearty and was full of life on Wednesday at his office. May Almighty Allah grant him Aljanah Firdaus” she said

A statement by the university said, “This is to announce the death of Mr. Ayuba Olaitan Abdullahi of the Bursary Department.

“Janazah will be held this morning, and his remains will be interred at the Hausa Muslim cemetery, Apata Yakuba, Oyun area, Ilorin, at 9 am.”

Also, a former federal lawmaker in Delta State, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, died while watching the Eagles’ match..

A source close to the politician said, “Cairo Ojougboh, a medical doctor died during the Nigeria vs.South Africa match.

“The incident happened when the penalty was awarded against Nigeria. Dr Ojougboh was said to have shouted and slumped due to a massive heart attack when SA scored.”

In the same vein, a member of the National Youth Service Corps serving in Adamawa State also reportedly died during the game.

The corps member identified only as Samuel from Kaduna State, allegedly passed away just before the final kick which secured Nigeria’s win in the match, The Nation reports.

https://punchng.com/kwara-varsity-deputy-bursar-dies-watching-super-eagles-afcon-semi-finals/?amp
Rip 🪦 to the deceased. Meanwhile, Nigerian teacher receives a guard of honor from his students in 🇿🇦 after Super Eagles defeated SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8i1tyxGdS4
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by IBB007: 4:20pm On Feb 08
Lol…how many people come die on top this match so
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by Afospecialk: 4:35pm On Feb 08
That's how proof Filani who was my lecturer died while watching Nigeria match against Ethiopia around 2013
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by ghettochild(m): 4:39pm On Feb 08
abeg anytime Nigeria get important matches. people with faint heart should not watch at all..
I felt my heart palpitates when SA was awarded the penalty..
the thing no easy o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by BadMaster: 5:21pm On Feb 08
Re: Kwara Varsity Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON Semi-finals by 2DADDEY: 6:46pm On Feb 08
I only watched the penalty kick .I no get strength to sit in front of TV give myself cardiac arrest.

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Gov Pastor Umo Eno Orders Exhumation Of Late Abigail Body / But Why Is There So Much Betrayal, Unreliability In Politics' / What You Utter Is Like An Egg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.