Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game (17662 Views)

Doctor Canice Ebirim Dies While Watching Nigeria VS Argentina Match / More Than 1,000 UNIPORT Students Watching Nigeria Vs Iceland Match / 5 Important Health Tips When Watching Nigeria World Cup Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by GanagiBitrus: 10:20am On Feb 09
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Berankis: 10:24am On Feb 09
osmosis101:
He no dey bet,if na bettor,he no go die
grin He would have been used to series of heart attacks.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by shonepa(m): 10:26am On Feb 09
After dem don tell dem say carry Nigeria straight win, the equalizer shock dem.

I tell u for free na Nigeria dey carry the cup, CAF knows it, Nigerian govt seff know.

But mistakes dey happn for fixed games.

Nigeria wey no even get smooth qualifications, if people go die, e suppose be Morocco and Senegal people.
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by BreconHills(m): 10:28am On Feb 09
madridguy:
The cancelation or conversion of our second goal to penalty for South Africa making them to equalize us was a big shock to all Nigerians.

R. I. P to all our fallen patriots and I pray God Almighty will comfort their loved ones and bless their souls.

Yes it was going from 2-0 to 1-1 that did it. Not everyone is wired to go from elation to despair in that short amount of time.

I am also not sure that the goal should have been allowed seeing that there were two to three passages of play in between both incidents.

May God comfort the families of the deceased.
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Kinzo0917(m): 10:29am On Feb 09
osmosis101:

Guy, you dey correct

The tension weh person dey face wen he place bet no be here o.

Expecially d team you place a bet to win and dey are losing with 10minutes to go. The pressure eh…

1 Like

Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Garrieveryday: 10:29am On Feb 09
I'm really surprised at the number of people recorded to have died watching that match.

My question?

Are people that emotionally tensed with football?

While I understand the tension that can come with supporting a certain team, but I don't think I can ever get to the point of fainting due to football. Lie lie.

Win or not, that wouldn't put a kobo on my account. So why would go that far then?
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by HOSTCOM(m): 10:35am On Feb 09
osmosis101:
I dey tell you...

1 Like

Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Stevechigo: 10:35am On Feb 09
Confirm4real:
Nawao shocked

God forbid I go die for Nigeria, me kee tufiakwa...

grin grin grin grin grin bad guy
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by HOSTCOM(m): 10:37am On Feb 09
This days I've learnt and prepared my mind that anytime a goal is scored in football one must not jubilate yet because VAR might still reverse it and that's what those people don't know. Things are changing in the round leather game.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by omolola12345(m): 10:38am On Feb 09
Many people died according to the reports in newspapers. Frankly speaking a lot of Nigerians are going through depression before the match was played. Those people already have disease condition not known to them before watching the match and as a result died thereafter.
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by VaginaAcademic: 10:40am On Feb 09
My wife no even bold watch the match she just kept herself busy by playing games on her phone when match end before she come dey ask me who won grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by silaswills01(m): 10:40am On Feb 09
This shows the typical example of the demographic transition Nigeria is experiencing due to change in lifestyle many people are having underlying risk for heart diseases

1 Like

Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by GiftofGOD081: 10:45am On Feb 09
reason why I love 9ja we all love this con3 it's just that we have bad leaders GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by GreenCovering: 10:48am On Feb 09
The implications of the new VAR assisted rules need to be explained to the people thoroughly in that happiness can turn to gloom within a moment and vice versa.

sad
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Confirm4real(m): 10:51am On Feb 09
Stevechigo:

grin grin grin grin grin bad guy

Nigeria not worth it at all grin
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by NOwazobia: 11:00am On Feb 09
Helpfromabove1:
I agree that game is really hot , but all these death is not just the game , the present economic challenges has really affected people health badly mostly men , providing for the household is now a very difficult challenge and it affecting people health conditions the game just finished it , it’s a ball already going to an empty net
Example of when your first line, contradicts your last line.

All these death is not just the game...

The game just finished it... lipsrsealed
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by bionixs: 11:04am On Feb 09
FOOTBALL IS NOT THE REASON!

People are passing through things in this country. The heart is already fragile. Nothing brings happiness again saves football. That only football that brings joy was about to disappoint.

Haven't Nigerians been watching hopeless matches before and even losing monies they staked for it?
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by dbestcno(m): 11:12am On Feb 09
politicoNG:

https://punchng.com/ogun-sales-rep-dies-watching-nigeria-south-africa-match/?amp

Seriously CAF needs to release a consolidation statement on this because that goal cancelation led to some deaths
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by molik05(m): 11:26am On Feb 09
Yes.. it was true.we're living in the same area and was buried yesterday.. i put JAMESON beside me immediately it goes extra time.... As an arsenal fan, am use to it sha...
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Neyopumpin13: 11:29am On Feb 09
politicoNG:

https://punchng.com/ogun-sales-rep-dies-watching-nigeria-south-africa-match/?amp
I will hold Yusuf,Aina,Victor Oshimen,Lookman responsible for their deaths.
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by wallrichy: 11:38am On Feb 09
They must win the AFCON cup so as to avoid more deaths on Sunday. Most Nigerian are not healthy even though they look healthy. More reason you should not fight with any body in Nigeria. Don't fight even when they make you angry. If anything, report to the police...just try and avoid fights or getting angry unnecessarily. Take things easy and don't expect too much from anybody. Learn to accept the fact that whatever the situation, it's well with my soul.

yinkus6750:
It's really surprising the number of deaths that occured during this match.
May their souls RIP.
Shows all is not well with the citizens of the country.
Pray Super Eagles lift the cup on Sunday to honour the departed.
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by dahunsi12(m): 11:46am On Feb 09
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Astra101:

Nigerians are the most patriotic people you would ever meet. Nigerians love this country to the last drop of their blood.

Just look at the social media space, see how Nigerians are supporting and helping fellow Nigerians regardless of tribes and tongues. Any foreigner that drag a Nigerian on any media platforms will definitely have the whole Nigeria to content with.

We all saw how Nigerians dragged Guinness world record organizers when they delayed to announce Hilda Bacci as the newest cook-atho record holder.

We all saw how well meaning Nigerians rally round to to lift mumzee financially within 48 hours.

We all saw how same Nigerians donated massively to davido when he posted his account number online fews years back.

The lists is endless, this is just to mention but a fews

Omo politicians messed us all up! It will go down in history that the greatest country of black race was not destroyed by earthquake, nuclear disaster or any natural disaster but her leaders.

May the souls of the departed who died supporting Nigeria either militarily, politically and through sports rest in perfect peace!
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by ekelebeXstunner: 12:02pm On Feb 09
Nigeria should play yearly. This one they’re eliminating the weak from our society, it makes sense.
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by soccerlite: 12:52pm On Feb 09
Fragility of life

Is this how people just die

Of all the evil things happening and killing nigerians, na super eagle match kill dem

What a paradox
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Lovit(m): 1:33pm On Feb 09
Nigeria should get interpol to arrest that referee, he killed so many Nigerians for cancelling our goal and awarding a penalty against us

He should be charged for man slaughter.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Charlie2020(f): 1:33pm On Feb 09
Enough proof that football is devilish
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by aylive02(m): 1:36pm On Feb 09
politicoNG:

he lived behind our house in Osun state. He's a good brother to us growing up as a child. We played football together sometimes.
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by Timetravel88: 2:12pm On Feb 09
Astra101:
Nigerians are the most patriotic people you would ever meet. Nigerians love this country to the last drop of their blood.

Just look at the social media space, see how Nigerians are supporting and helping fellow Nigerians regardless of tribes and tongues. Any foreigner that drag a Nigerian on any media platforms will definitely have the whole Nigeria to content with.

We all saw how Nigerians dragged Guinness world record organizers when they delayed to announce Hilda Bacci as the newest cook-atho record holder.

We all saw how well meaning Nigerians rally round to to lift mumzee financially within 48 hours.

We all saw how same Nigerians donated massively to davido when he posted his account number online fews years back.

The lists is endless, this is just to mention but a fews

Omo politicians messed us all up! It will go down in history that the greatest country of black race was not destroyed by earthquake, nuclear disaster or any natural disaster but her leaders.

May the souls of the departed who died supporting Nigeria either militarily, politically and through sports rest in perfect peace!

The highest form of patriotism is dying for your country. Now I ask you, how many Nigerians are willing to die for Nigeria? Exactly
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by CJStarz: 2:35pm On Feb 09
That referee go suffer
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by ade4real2016: 3:50pm On Feb 09
Everyone should take things easy now that it is established that some Nigerians are having underlying health issues unknown to them...May their souls find rest with d Lord...
Re: Ogun Sales Rep, Mikail Osundiji Slumps, Dies Watching Nigeria/South Africa Game by abobote: 3:53pm On Feb 09
fidelmarshal199:
Coincidentally, All the deceased victims(I'm not sure about the Goodluck Jonathan former aide)had been buried owing to the fact that they are all Muslims.
Dr Cairo is Christian, not buried yet, the one that died in Abidjan is not buried yet as well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline / NFF Sacks Rohr, Appoints Eguaveon Interim Head Coach / Ighalo Wins West Asia Player Of The Month Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.