Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead (19808 Views)

Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death / HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne / Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by efogator(f): 7:29am On Feb 09
I call him: Eze ne riju afo 1

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by BeninRefugees: 7:39am On Feb 09
Chekwume16:
Yes he was an oshimili king but not a supporter of your senseless biafra struggle. That struggle cost us a lot during the war.

It cost everyone

Stop being unfortunate

5 Likes

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by BeninRefugees: 7:40am On Feb 09
Rest on Azagba of Asaba

You're a great man

Chineke gozie mkpụrụ obi gị

Ise

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by joefelin2345: 7:47am On Feb 09
tommy589:

How did Murtala and Ibrahim later died?

Also don't forget to add the late king was married to a Yoruba woman.

Rest in Peace
And who even caused the Civil War! Was it the duo of Murtala & Taiwo? And without holding brief or supporting the duo for their actions & inactions, what happened prior to that ugly & painful incident? Always endeavor to tell history in full as half truth is a socio crime

4 Likes

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Franking: 7:48am On Feb 09
Rest in peace ezigbo mmadu.
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Angelfrost(m): 7:51am On Feb 09
RIP to the legend.

Just look at his academic qualifications... Wow!!!

Why don't we have such level of greatness and intelligence leading the nation?!! SMH.

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by joefelin2345: 7:52am On Feb 09
AntiChristian:
Despite all the degrees and wealth!
All the glamour and health!
The end is death!

Then you'll face reality in the grave!
Oga, when beggars die, there are no comets seen but heaven blazes at the dead of great men... Shakespeare. Pray you don't die in poverty joor

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Christlike01: 8:10am On Feb 09
Sleep well Baba,you came,you saw and you conquered ! Our heartfelt condolences to our Asaba people and indeed,all Deltans.

Rest in peace sir.
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Curious345: 8:12am On Feb 09
This man alone is greater than all the northerners combined since 1955
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by pastortinwo: 8:15am On Feb 09
May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by AntiChristian: 8:22am On Feb 09
joefelin2345:
Oga, when beggars die, there are no comets seen but heaven blazes at the dead of great men... Shakespeare. Pray you don't die in poverty joor

As a Muslim,

Whether Dangote dies or I die:

Na 6 feets!
No Coffin/Casket!
Na white cloth to wrap the dead!
People would pray Janazah for us similarly!
And we'll be buried similarly in the grave!

All the Billions he get will stay behind to be owned by others while he'll still account for how he amassed them!
All I have too would stay behind and I'll be called to account for my wealth too even if na thousands!

2 Likes

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Kakamorufu(m): 8:29am On Feb 09
RIP to our chancellor cry
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by virginchaser(m): 8:30am On Feb 09
naptu2:
His brother, Professor Emmanuel Edozien, passed away in 2019.

All in one family. My family just managed got one professor recently, a baby cousin. She always feel embarrassed whenever we address her prof in family gathering.
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Antoeni(m): 8:38am On Feb 09
A Real King
Valar Morghilis
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by ekelebeXstunner: 8:39am On Feb 09
Everybody dey die dey go. I dey fold arms look Seun Osewa.
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Antoeni(m): 8:41am On Feb 09
He Was A Real King.
No Bandit , Kidnapper, Gunmen, Terrorist Can Kill a Real True Africa King
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:44am On Feb 09
naptu2:
His brother, Professor Emmanuel Edozien, passed away in 2019.

family of intellectuals...

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Hespee93: 8:45am On Feb 09
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/08/asagba-of-asaba-is-dead-tinubu-mourns/

Someone is close to his 99th birthday and you put it as a report that the course of his death is still sketchy.

Are you normal?

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by tommy589(m): 8:47am On Feb 09
joefelin2345:
And who even caused the Civil War! Was it the duo of Murtala & Taiwo? And without holding brief or supporting the duo for their actions & inactions, what happened prior to that ugly & painful incident? Always endeavor to tell history in full as half truth is a socio crime

Are you in support of Asaba massacre or it did not happen? Is it justifiable to kill unarmed civilians that poses no threat. Nothing new, I still remember General Ahmed Taiwo (Ibrahim Taiwo son) claim
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by zoedew: 9:14am On Feb 09

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by zoedew: 9:16am On Feb 09
AustineE1:
RIP to a very notable Igbo king...i remember his plead and quest for the creation of two more Igbo states from Delta and Rivers,so that Ndigbo will have seven states and major up with other regions. A member of the inner chambers of Ohaneze,he gave an in-depth story of what actually happened on the 5th of October 1967,now known as the Asaba Massacre!When the Nigerian 2nd division led by col. Murtala Mohammed and maj.Ibrahim Taiwo committed genocide against Ndigbo. We still remembers with pain in our hearts.
Are Asaba folks Igbo? 🧐🧐🧐

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Yugoos: 9:27am On Feb 09
Rest well my King.
Thank you for all you did for Ahaba nineh. Dalu nna.
Uso dina Ahaba.
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Yugoos: 9:29am On Feb 09
zoedew:

Yes and yes.

2 Likes

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Phoen1X: 9:43am On Feb 09
AntiChristian:
Despite all the degrees and wealth!
All the glamour and health!
The end is death!

Then you'll face reality in the grave!
When i was alive ,there was no death ,and when death finally came,i was no more......greek philosopher, epicurius.

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by snowwhyte607: 10:48am On Feb 09
zoedew:

No, they are Yorubas.
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by tishbite43: 11:13am On Feb 09
Yujin:
Mmiri amaa efi n'anya...
Okeosisi adago...
Dike anaaa...
Nna Agu anago mmuo...
Ka Osebuluwa nara mkpuru obi ya na ndokwa... Isee
😔 😔 😔
Usodinahaba
Ahaba Amaka

2 Likes

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by tishbite43: 11:13am On Feb 09
snowwhyte607:

No, they are Yorubas.
Fulanis
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by tishbite43: 11:14am On Feb 09
Curious345:
This man alone is greater than all the northerners combined since 1955
No be lie
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Emyogalanya: 11:27am On Feb 09
AustineE1:
RIP to a very notable Igbo king...i remember his plead and quest for the creation of two more Igbo states from Delta and Rivers,so that Ndigbo will have seven states and major up with other regions. A member of the inner chambers of Ohaneze,he gave an in-depth story of what actually happened on the 5th of October 1967,now known as the Asaba Massacre!When the Nigerian 2nd division led by col. Murtala Mohammed and maj.Ibrahim Taiwo committed genocide against Ndigbo. We still remembers with pain in our hearts.
I thought its the biafrans that killed minorities
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by tishbite43: 11:29am On Feb 09
Chekwume16:
Yes he was an oshimili king but not a supporter of your senseless biafra struggle. That struggle cost us a lot during the war.
He's hardcore Biafra
When Gowon came to visit him at the Palace, he refused to come out. Gowon waited for over two hours.
It was his wife and the palace chiefs that pleaded with him to see Gowon
Igbos aren't Yorubas who don't have honor and pride
Gowon apologized that day

1 Like

Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by tishbite43: 11:34am On Feb 09
APOPTOSIS:
RIP Erudite Professor and a First Class King.
Ogaaa you finish work oooo.
This is how a Leader should be.
Should be devoid of Allegations till death.
No single scandal, not even Drug related..nor

Infact, you Finish work.
No be lie
Re: The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead by Emyogalanya: 11:57am On Feb 09
Chekwume16:
so what was he in support of Nzeogwu's madness? My friend shut up what you suffered was brought to you by your cousin Nzeogwu from Okpanam.. His madness cost us 3m people stop running around the truth

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brief History And Culture Of Babur/ Bura People. / Gombe Government Appoints Danladi Sanusi As Mai Tangale, Despite Protests / Pictorial History Of Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.